Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Coutts Imperium Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Jesus, well done CIG you hosed up in a hilarious new way

A good days work

PGABZ - a new video if when 3.0 come out?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Coutts Imperium Games

Coutts Imperium Games & Co

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

tooterfish posted:

You will please refer to the company by its proper name "Coutts & Co" in all further communications, thank you.

Looking forward to the new BBB Complaint responses. "The consumer has submitted the complaint against RSI instead of our banker overlords but we will be happy to reply... "

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

crobutts68

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
For the back..bankers.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

TheAgent posted:

I'm downloading elite dangerous for the PS4

who gonna help me crash my ship on takeoff/landing because I am terrible at video games

How do you do this friend, the only thing I see in the store are pre-orders.

I will gladly crash with you.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Reddit knobhead posted:

Coutts & Co. does not hand out loans to people in financial trouble. You need to have at least €1,000,000 in tangible assets for them to even consider handing you a loan, this shows CIG has money.

Getting a loan actually just shows that CIG have money :psyduck:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:allears:

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
SC_White_Knight has to be a goon. I applaud his long con.

And people are failing to see the great benefit of Coutts taking over operations. If we get lucky Coutts will have a couple of stuffy British bank managers do the ATV every week--liven the show up to watchable levels maybe...

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Risc1911 posted:

Waiting for the spergs to realize that when the game releases in any shape or form commercially and the loan has not been paid back the backers will not get their copies unless the bank gives their consent because as long as this floating charge is present the bank owns the game and every copy of it as per 4.2.1 of the loan agreement.

4.2.1 all copies made or to be made of the Game; and 4.2.2 the Game Assets and the Distribution Rights; and

Also, stirring up some poo poo on https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/6j9omh/150_million_crowd_funded_starcitizen_puts_the/

Well, yes and no, the bank doesn't own any of these assets unless F42 trigger the conditions that require immediate repayment (usually defaulting on their loan repayments or insolvency). Also, English law states that if a company sells goods to an innocent third party that someone else has title to, the third party will have the right to own the goods (i.e. you can't clawback goods sold to customers). I dunno how this would apply here given that we're talking about licenses rather than goods, but seeing as how this law is intended to protect consumers (and 3rd party businesses), I'm pretty sure it'll be applied in the same way.

Of course, this is all a moot point if F42 goes bust before it can deliver SC, as in that scenario Coutts would be well within their rights to package up and sell off every asset the company owns and is under no obligation to finish F42's works.

What I find insane is that the deed includes the assignment of IP rights (including copyright) which, if triggered, means that CIG would lose all of it's IP rights if F42 defaults (at least in the UK). I guess their reasoning is that if F42 collapses then CIG is also collapsing.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Xaerael posted:

Coutts & Co is a local bank for me. Maybe I'll see legendary game maker Christopher Roberts coming and going while he begs for more time on his loan repayments.

lol

:thurman:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Hyperbole aside, what could be a legit reason for the loan? I am trying to think of this from a backers perspective and I am coming up with nothing.
If they raised $150 million and have stated they can complete the game no problem, why is this happening?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Latin Pheonix posted:

Well, yes and no, the bank doesn't own any of these assets unless F42 trigger the conditions that require immediate repayment (usually defaulting on their loan repayments or insolvency). Also, English law states that if a company sells goods to an innocent third party that someone else has title to, the third party will have the right to own the goods (i.e. you can't clawback goods sold to customers). I dunno how this would apply here given that we're talking about licenses rather than goods, but seeing as how this law is intended to protect consumers (and 3rd party businesses), I'm pretty sure it'll be applied in the same way.

Of course, this is all a moot point if F42 goes bust before it can deliver SC, as in that scenario Coutts would be well within their rights to package up and sell off every asset the company owns and is under no obligation to finish F42's works.

What I find insane is that the deed includes the assignment of IP rights (including copyright) which, if triggered, means that CIG would lose all of it's IP rights if F42 defaults (at least in the UK). I guess their reasoning is that if F42 collapses then CIG is also collapsing.

Yes - precisely. This loan is a huge risk; and for them to have actually done it, shows some serious desperation. All of which goes back to what most of us have been saying: the funding chart is pure fictional bullshit. No way they would making that much money, even though they are burning a lot, and still need to take out TWO loans in which the 2nd doesn't even pay the 1st. And both loans are to the same main bank (RBS, owns both NatWest and Coutts).

peter gabriel posted:

Hyperbole aside, what could be a legit reason for the loan? I am trying to think of this from a backers perspective and I am coming up with nothing.
If they raised $150 million and have stated they can complete the game no problem, why is this happening?

They lied.

The funding chart is bollocks

They need money to fund ops because F42 is burning through $2m a month.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

Half the bullet points of section 4. Or even less.

Nellistos fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 24, 2017

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

More mocap is needed.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Quavers posted:

PCGamer: "Beyond Good & Evil 2 is making a lot of promises we've heard before - a few reasons to still be skeptical of the long awaited sequel"

"In-engine demo footage has now been publically released (embedded below), and seeing how little of an actual game Ubisoft has to show us really tipped me over the edge from being cautiously optimistic to just plain skeptical. The amount of times Ancel says they "want" something to work a certain way, before describing a feature straight out of No Man's Sky or Star Citizen is alarming. Those games aren't exactly the best company to be in when you're comparing promises—the former was an overhyped bore, and the latter is taking a long time, and a lot of public funding, to coalesce."

:allears:

:argh:

:derp:

:psypop:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

tooterfish posted:

You will please refer to the company by its proper name "Coutts & Co" in all further communications, thank you.

Coutts Imperium Games

e:fb

peter gabriel posted:

Coutts Imperium Games

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 24, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:smug:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Risc1911 posted:

Waiting for the spergs to realize that when the game releases in any shape or form commercially and the loan has not been paid back the backers will not get their copies unless the bank gives their consent because as long as this floating charge is present the bank owns the game and every copy of it as per 4.2.1 of the loan agreement.

4.2.1 all copies made or to be made of the Game; and 4.2.2 the Game Assets and the Distribution Rights; and

Also, stirring up some poo poo on https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/6j9omh/150_million_crowd_funded_starcitizen_puts_the/

That post would be good for /r/games

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I've never ever seen such hilarity as backers trying to explain that getting a loan does NOT mean CIG need money. This truly is something to behold :lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:v: Can I borrow £20 please?
:stare: WOAH CHECK OUT MR BIG POTATOES OVER HERE!!!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

hanales posted:

How do you do this friend, the only thing I see in the store are pre-orders.

I will gladly crash with you.
oh crap I thought it was released last night, guess I gotta wait until monday to fly myself repeatedly into landing pads at full speed

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

I've never ever seen such hilarity as backers trying to explain that getting a loan does NOT mean CIG need money. This truly is something to behold :lol:

Look man. Apple takes out loans all the time. They obviously give all of their IP rights as collateral, as well as their chairs. This is normal, and everything is fine.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's just his buddies lending him some dosh. The actual name of the bank is Croberts, Coitus & Co.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Got $150 million in the bank, welp time to get a loan

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah, it's truly hilarious AF.

Has anyone said "Derek Smart was right" yet? A few weeks back, I did sense that something was amiss when i) they filed their 2016 financials early ii) they restated some dodgy financials from 2015

quote:

Section 19 is very curious. Due to the huge restated amount of £2.4m ($3.0m) from 2015, it reads like the sort of thing that would result from either a govt audit, or them just cleaning up their books in order to pass any due diligence muster. Also, as they’re now taking tax credits, it makes sense that these sort of numbers should be devoid of any such discrepancies, or they would also be in some serious problems with the govt. If you look at the chart from the previous analysis, with these restated numbers, it is now also clear that though the company doesn’t sell anything, they’re using money received from the parent (the backer piggy bank) company, as their income/turnover cash flow

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 24, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Putting up all your assets and everything you might ever earn is the first sign of a financially healthy company that the bank sees no risk in lending to.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

peter gabriel posted:

Wait until you see backers trying to extract their refunds from the Queen, when this is over.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

oh crap I thought it was released last night, guess I gotta wait until monday to fly myself repeatedly into landing pads at full speed

I thought there was a training doody you could download...

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Latin Pheonix posted:

To be fair, I think specifically the IP is not included. It's awkward.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

big nipples big life posted:

Putting up all your assets and everything you might ever earn is the first sign of a financially healthy company that the bank sees no risk in lending to.

When you think about it, it's like a car, or McDonalds

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I wonder if the limited edition 911 belongs to Chris or CIG.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

Wait until you see backers trying to extract their refunds from the Queen, when this is over.

:perfect: :five::five::five::five:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

peter gabriel posted:

They're really close to being able to release SQ42 and SC shortly after, and they need vast sums of money for advertising... remember after all, at least 1/3 of a 'normie' game's budget is advertising so really this is a very good thing bing bong so simple.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

big nipples big life posted:

I wonder if the limited edition 911 belongs to Chris or CIG.

Coutts & Co

DuckDynasty
Sep 23, 2015
edit

DuckDynasty fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 25, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:blober:

I only wish I could troll the way he just is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

For realsies? The only reason off the top of my head is the need for liquidity. The thing is that software companies aren't like regular businesses, they don't have their funds stuck in assets like raw materials, produced goods or plant and machinery; someone better versed than me in the industry likely knows this (Derek?) but from what I can see, most money in a game studio goes towards property, IT and salaries, so a lack of liquidity shouldn't be an issue for F42 (in theory).