Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

What tags do you add to Imgur links to make them not break tables? I don't know where else to ask so I'll edit in a funny picture later today when I get an answer.

blahblahasdfaoia.jpg

add an 'l' for large, 'm' for medium right before the dot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Rolo posted:

What tags do you add to Imgur links to make them not break tables? I don't know where else to ask so I'll edit in a funny picture later today when I get an answer.

Just put in a lower-case s, m, or l before the .jpg and it will post a thumbnail or whatever instead of the full image.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
the 's' actually gets upsized by the forums

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
OK, maybe I'm not as accepting as I thought. This gender identity business has finally gone further than I'm willing to accept.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

swamp waste posted:

The main thing that annoyed me was that they turned Yoda into, like, the pope of space. I hate that. He's supposed to be like one of those comical bodhisattvas or 900 year old taoists who live in a cave eating mushrooms and thinking everyone else is stupid. Having him discussing politics with a bunch of solemn guys in robes seems bad to me.

This is completely intentional though, it's an attempt to explain how a guy as wise and perceptive as original trilogy Yoda could possibly have let the Dark Side whip the rug out from under the Jedi and the Republic. He was complacent and blind, he didn't believe that the Sith could have escaped his notice and so could literally be in the same room as the dark lord without ever suspecting it was him. It's precisely because he was up to his ears in church politics that he could mistake pure evil for the run-of-the-mill cynicism of those in power. You're supposed to look at him and think "wow, what a self important fool". Prequel Yoda takes himself super seriously, he doesn't yet have a sense of humor because he is full of this delusion that he is the perfect all-knowing space wizard. He becomes a holy fool only when this image of himself is destroyed by Palpatine, and he turns his back on society and political life to learn the true power of the Force. Zen masters aren't born enlightened.

Here's Han Solo fist fighting a giant otter.

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

skasion posted:

This is completely intentional though, it's an attempt to explain how a guy as wise and perceptive as original trilogy Yoda could possibly have let the Dark Side whip the rug out from under the Jedi and the Republic. He was complacent and blind, he didn't believe that the Sith could have escaped his notice and so could literally be in the same room as the dark lord without ever suspecting it was him. It's precisely because he was up to his ears in church politics that he could mistake pure evil for the run-of-the-mill cynicism of those in power. You're supposed to look at him and think "wow, what a self important fool". Prequel Yoda takes himself super seriously, he doesn't yet have a sense of humor because he is full of this delusion that he is the perfect all-knowing space wizard. He becomes a holy fool only when this image of himself is destroyed by Palpatine, and he turns his back on society and political life to learn the true power of the Force. Zen masters aren't born enlightened.

That's clearly a weasel

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

swamp waste posted:

I know everyone hates midichlorians but i think they're a pretty good ret-con for that whole problem. Everyone knows the jedi can do psychic kung fu but that's probably because they were born special and different than the rest of us, not because they are spiritually enlightened. Of course it still doesnt make sense because Liam Neeson tacitly acknowledges this by doing the blood test (or whatever it is( it's been 15 years since i saw the movie))

The main thing that annoyed me was that they turned Yoda into, like, the pope of space. I hate that. He's supposed to be like one of those comical bodhisattvas or 900 year old taoists who live in a cave eating mushrooms and thinking everyone else is stupid. Having him discussing politics with a bunch of solemn guys in robes seems bad to me.

Well, tough tits, my man, because this is what has happened. Yoda was a Space Pope and was really into politics. It's all true.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

skasion posted:

This, however, has never happened. It is simply not true.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
midichlorians are force parasites, so they are an accurate identifier of strong force users, but not the cause. The Jedi were wrong about a lot of things because they were a dogmatic cult forbidden from questioning the rules.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

Well, tough tits, my man, because this is what has happened. Yoda was a Space Pope and was really into politics. It's all true.

I don't really get this

Yoda as a religious figure, sure of course but the analogy to pope just doesn't do it for me

Even in the prequels he never seemed very important

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

syscall girl posted:

I don't really get this

Yoda as a religious figure, sure of course but the analogy to pope just doesn't do it for me

Even in the prequels he never seemed very important
true

Even if he was the most important Jedi, he was still just one member of a council.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
add s/m/b/h to the end of the blargh in the url, as in http://i.imgur.com/BlARghh.jpg and it will be scaled to small, medium, big or huge.

Huge is good.

Like so:

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Rolo posted:

table breaking hasn't been a thing for a long time, images will resize to fit your browser window now.

Post-Radium days are upon us!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dpack_1 posted:

table breaking hasn't been a thing for a long time

This reads like a challenge

Omegaxisalphabeta
Jul 22, 2006

Bogan King posted:

OK, maybe I'm not as accepting as I thought. This gender identity business has finally gone further than I'm willing to accept.

The top two are actually bed pans.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rolo posted:

add "s" at the end of the file name (before the .) for a small picture, "m" (medium), "l" (large) or "h" huge.

I believe small is 480 pixels, medium is 600, large is 720, and huge is 800.

edit: beaten several times over by a new page. smh.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nothing But Hate posted:

That's clearly a weasel

Same family.

Like Leia and Luke.

Who kissed.

Unlike Corran Horn and the otter, who hosed.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

I used this as a writing prompt for grade 12 students. They hated it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

skasion posted:

Animated follow-on to DWTS is lookin' mighty fine.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Bloop posted:

midichlorians are force parasites, so they are an accurate identifier of strong force users, but not the cause. The Jedi were wrong about a lot of things because they were a dogmatic cult forbidden from questioning the rules.

Oh man, that kinda makes sense.

So, uh, was Anakin really conceived with no dad? Or was his mom lying, confused, or insane? Or was she also a Force super user, and just started making her own babies because she wanted babies?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Facebook Aunt posted:

So, uh, was Anakin really conceived with no dad? Or was his mom lying, confused, or insane? Or was she also a Force super user, and just started making her own babies because she wanted babies?

He's Jedi Jesus.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

DavidAlltheTime posted:

I used this as a writing prompt for grade 12 students. They hated it.

Did anyone write about the difficulties of installing electronic panels in stone columns?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Facebook Aunt posted:

Either Palpatine or Plagueis used the force to impregnate her. I can't remember which.

This is from the new Palpatine novel that is part of the new EU that Disney has created, not the old insane one.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Have you even watched the movies? Darth Plageous and Darth Sidious tried to manipulate the Force to create the ultimate Sith, but the Force instead conceived Anakin who in the end put an end to Siths.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

dpack_1 posted:

table breaking hasn't been a thing for a long time

Tell it to [pre].

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

My brain took a while to parse the image, so I first thought they'd displayed the pants on some sort of stand and given them a microphone.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:stare: Losing your chill while SCUBA diving is a great way to loving die

Still not the worst thing that could have happened with that youtube title

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.

Istari posted:

My brain took a while to parse the image, so I first thought they'd displayed the pants on some sort of stand and given them a microphone.

He put the underwear on an rear end, where it belongs.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Paladinus posted:

Have you even watched the movies? Darth Plageous and Darth Sidious tried to manipulate the Force to create the ultimate Sith, but the Force instead conceived Anakin who in the end put an end to Siths.

I've watched the good ones (4, 5, and 6) lots of times. :colbert: I've seen 1 once, and haven't gotten around to 2 or 3 yet.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Istari posted:

You obviously do not understand how art works. Here let me help you.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
oh my loving god :eyepop:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

I've watched the good ones (4, 5, and 6) lots of times. :colbert: I've seen 1 once, and haven't gotten around to 2 or 3 yet.

I saw 1 once, once.

2 forget about it, never fully got through that one

3 though, 3 has a certain je ne sais quoi

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

this owns

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
PYF Funny Pictures 2.0: Star Wars Discussion Depot

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

E.T.: The Extra Testicle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013
This new Hentai Kamen movie looks kind of cheap.