Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Pokey Araya posted:

I've met the guy, and I'm playing the fest he's putting on in september. He asks all the bands for permission, and all the money he gets goes back into the bands, and now concerts. He's a super rad dude, and his channel is good exposure for a lot of us. Youtube steals you music and charges $10 a month for it, so might as well have it on a channel that hits people that are going to actually appreciate it.

Awesome, that makes me feel a lot better about using his channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I've never used that channel but I think I'll have to subscribe to it now.

e: this new Bison B.C. albums rips

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 25, 2017

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
https://www.themarylanddoomfest.com/bands This was a block from my house this weekend. Anyone else go? Man, Wo Fat just slays. I had not seen them before.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Planet X posted:

https://www.themarylanddoomfest.com/bands This was a block from my house this weekend. Anyone else go? Man, Wo Fat just slays. I had not seen them before.

No, but that's awesome. How was Freedom Hawk? They're probably my favorite on that list. (Yes, a guy who has had an Ozzy Av for 13 years likes a band with a singer who sounds like Ozzy, quelle surprise).

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
I didn't catch it all. The bar next door to the venue had their own showcase, so I was bouncing a lot back and forth between the two. I'll check out Freedom Hawk. Earthride, local heroes, were ok, Wo Fat was great, a band called The Watchers wasn't bad, and there were a lot of regional acts in there I enjoyed seeing and supporting.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

I accidentally waked into Maryland Doomfest this past weekend and also really like the band Fistula and a few other sludge bands. That is my story.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

InsidiousMuppet posted:

I accidentally waked into Maryland Doomfest this past weekend and also really like the band Fistula and a few other sludge bands. That is my story.

sludge is good and i'm glad you had a good time

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
I recently set up a subreddit dedicated towards traditional and epic doom metal. Anyone wanna help out?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
gently caress your subreddit

Cavity reunited and are gonna play Miami on Saturday. It's gonna be cool & good

Also everyone should check out Other Body, who's more on the experimental side of things but amazing. Their frontman is now playing in Cavity.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Weaponized Cum posted:

Also everyone should check out Other Body, who's more on the experimental side of things but amazing. Their frontman is now playing in Cavity.

You know they have a brand spanking new 12'' out, too? Cost a bit but I pre-ordered and it's real good.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
damnit, md doom fest is real close to me and I didn't hear about it before I had made plans for that weekend. Oh well, maybe next year

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

emdash posted:

damnit, md doom fest is real close to me and I didn't hear about it before I had made plans for that weekend. Oh well, maybe next year

Yeah, same. We only found it because we were already shopping in the area.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Anyone going to weedeater tonight in Carrboro NC at the cat's cradle?

I was supposed to but my friend is flaking out on me ;~;

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Are you the one with the tickets? Go anyway.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Minto Took posted:

Are you the one with the tickets? Go anyway.

nah I was gonna buy at the door but also he was gonna be my ride

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

For everyone that missed MD Doom Fest, make sure you get tickets to Days of Darkness in October. The lineup is remarkably stacked.

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

Weaponized Cum posted:

Oh my, but I still needed time to prepare. Well you better make sure you take it as slow as possible. Cover the dick with as much sludge as you can.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Cavernlight album is really good

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Weaponized Cum posted:

Not making down to that show but I'll catch them at Days of Darkness in a few months. Unless they make it up to Tampa before then, of course :getin:

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Yuli Ban posted:

Oh my, but I still needed time to prepare. Well you better make sure you take it as slow as possible. Cover the dick with as much sludge as you can.

get a load of this post

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Seeing Thou and Cloud Rat and Moloch on Monday. From what I've seen Thou is playing a bunch of new stuff

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Seeing Thou and Cloud Rat and Moloch on Monday. From what I've seen Thou is playing a bunch of new stuff

Shaking my fist because it's an early show and I work late

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

Saw this in a brewery in DC. Coming in not knowing Moloch I was pretty impressed

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I drew the album cover for the band DVNE's upcoming record on vinyl, which is gonna be cool. They paid me which is all well and good but they're also a loving awesome band (if'n you like prog-sludge):

https://songs-of-arrakis.bandcamp.com/album/aurora-majesty

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

I'd like to see Thou. I recently found their cassette boxset called Kingdoms that is a pretty cool packaging.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
It's been quite the week+ for me. Went to NYC last weekend to see Yob Friday and Saturday night. Mike's still not 100% in terms of health, which is to be expected, but he was as good as ever on stage. They're still one of the best live acts I've seen. I have seen them five times now, and they've played 'Marrow' each time. Still amazing to hear live. Yellow Eyes on Friday and Pyrolatrous on Saturday were really good, too, despite the latter's technical issue.

I saw the Thou/False/Cloud Rat/Moloch shows in Portland on Thursday, Somerville yesterday, and just got back from the Providence show (False didn't play today). Everyone was great. I don't know how Bryan Funck's voice holds out. They were pure heaviness all three nights. I am pretty exhausted, but it's been great.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yob is probably the heaviest band I have seen live. Definitely the heaviest out of:

Monolord
Conan
Windhand
Ufomammut
High on fire
Sleep
Cough

All very heavy bands in their own right but I think yob beats them because listening to their albums you just don't expect it as much. Yobs production is always kind of meh.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

If the Thou / Cloud Rat / False / Moloch tour comes through do not miss it holy poo poo that show was so good

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Stream of the new Boris: http://www.npr.org/2017/07/06/534316417/first-listen-boris-dear

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
A couple weeks ago my friend was telling me about an older High on Fire shirt he got at some show once. He said it had a mad bomber character on it, like some shady dude holding one of the old school round bombs. Does this sound familiar to anyone. Searching for 'high on fire mad bomber shirt' doesn't give me anything, and image searching their shirts in general didn't come up with it.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

New Paradise Lost song is out, and it owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufs-kLZFyjU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm looking for some doom/sludge that is more like doomy 70s prog rock/metal/king crimson ripoff than BLUESYWEEDRIFFS. Any suggestions? The new Pallbearer gives me the right vibes but I don't know much else.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Would Elder's Dead Roots Stirring scratch that itch for you?

Check out the title track.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hatelull posted:

Would Elder's Dead Roots Stirring scratch that itch for you?

Check out the title track.

The gateway drug to sick tunes

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The new Boris is streaming on NPR http://www.npr.org/2017/07/06/534316417/first-listen-boris-dear

Boris is real, and heavy, and they're my friend

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm looking for some doom/sludge that is more like doomy 70s prog rock/metal/king crimson ripoff than BLUESYWEEDRIFFS. Any suggestions? The new Pallbearer gives me the right vibes but I don't know much else.

5ive
Mastodons crack the sky (for realz)
Neurosis through silver in blood
Rwake

Im not a fan of post metal really, but i guess somre of those bands could be what youre looking for

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 7, 2017

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

New Melvins out today. Have only made it through the "Death" side twice so far, as "Love" is more noise and will probably take a while to absorb.

"Death" is good stuff - while there are heavy moments it's overall much more melodic than most albums so far which I think comes partly from Stephen McDonald's contributions, and which also makes sense given the Melvin's broader musical influences/sensibilities (check out the "What's in My Bag" episode they did on Youtube for more info on this). It's certainly the most straight-forward Melvins record I can think of - all tracks are pretty accessible on the first listen and there's no filler/throwaways.

While my preference is still probably toward the sound, energy, and aggression some of their classic albums (Bullhead, Stoner Witch, the Maggot) and the Big Biz era, overall it's a good and interesting record that I look forward to digging into more.

As far as "Love" goes, as it's a soundtrack, I'd like to watch the film with the soundtrack underneath as I feel like that's probably the only way it's going to make any kind of sense.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
New Shroud Eater dropped today, and it's pretty great. The physical copies go on sale tomorrow at noon, for people that want their swank vinyls. Half thought about driving to Miami for the release show but I'm too tired.

In other Florida news, Cave of Swimmers put out a new 7in single very recently that's pretty good, because duh. They're also hitting the road for the next month and if they come near you they're always worth seeing:

Cave of Swimmers posted:

7.7 Gainesville, FL - The Atlantic
7.8 Birmingham, AL - The Nick
7.9 Memphis, TN - Growlers
7.10 Nashville, TN - East Room
7.11 Winston-Salem - Test Pattern
7.12 Richmond, VA - 25 Watt
7.13 Brooklyn, NY - Gold Sounds
7.14 Philadelphia, PA - Kung Fu Necktie
7.15 Providence, RI - Alchemy
7.17 Montreal, QC - Piranha
7.19 Detroit, MI - Corktown
7.20 Chicago, IL - Reggie's
7.21 Indianapolis, IN - Taps Live
7.22 Huntington WV - V Club
7.24 Chapel Hill, NC - The Cave
7.26 Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
7.28 New Orleans, LA - Siberia

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

You probably want to listen to Paul Chain and Black Hole and maybe Pagan Altar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Hulk Krogan posted:

New Paradise Lost song is out, and it owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufs-kLZFyjU

sounded like david gold was singing