Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Endorph posted:

you, uh, probably want an offensive character to go with those two, unless you love taking 6 hours to kill a trash mob

That's a downside but I usually prefer that over frustration.

e: I did imagine though Waver+Mashu+Any Offencive Servant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
So Herc aside what are the other notable 4* servants . I pretty much main Herc + 5*s.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Honestly most are pretty good, Emiya slots well into any team, and Martha is a good support tank who's valuable in endgame for her debuff removal for example.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Their social media presence has increased and they've started responding to questions. We're getting the Start Dash campaign at launch which means two 10-pulls is as easy as rushing Fuyuki's story, don't even have to do free quests.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

My apologies if this was already asked in this thread, but how do you reroll? (Foreign game Bullshit, aside)

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Delete the data and restart the app.

SereneCrimson posted:

I'll pretty much be happy with any servants I get, as long as I can get my extremely good boy Iskandar.
Now if they had one where he's wearing his preorder bonus t-shirt I'd drop a ton of summons on that alone.

Adult Iskander was available during the Fate/Zero event, but young Iskander (Alexander) is in from the start.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

Related, one thing I also felt was very "Type-Moon" in terms of art style is "Casually conservatively dressed heroines": Shiki, Saber, Arcuid, kinda sooorta Tohsoka, her red shirt covers a decent amount compared to a lot of anime today. It's something I *like* and find refreshing from TM and why some of the FGO Servant designs are just blergh and are disappointing, they abandon what I considered to be TM's signature 'style'.
FSN also had Medusa. Sure, the heroines are conservatively dressed, and this is something that has never changed (Hakuno, Gudako, Mashu), but the bets were always off with the side characters. And before FGO there was CCC.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Roll Waver and the rest of your team literally doesn't matter. Waver-Mashu results at level 10 being able to almost always having their defence buffs up; so you can slot in almost anyone else to get through content.
Remember it takes up to Camelot to bring Mashu up to scratch and material scarcity was a big thing in early FGO.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
So 12 more hours till release?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
24 I think

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I hope it releases earlier than that: working will be hard otherwise.

I'm thinking, with all the stiff we get, I might not even reroll. I dunno, I'll see.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
The initial APK download is up on google play right now, which doesn't install a playable game, but gets the first data packets in. No harm in getting those first bits in.

Also the quartz prices are listed and they're still about equal, which is to say, probably some of the better gacha rates in the current season, with $.99 through $89.99 from lowest to highest in-game purchases.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how are the husbandos in this game

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

How do you access it?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

how are the husbandos in this game

Very fine. Some lose clothes with power, others gain more. It's a fine balance.

Stairmaster posted:

How do you access it?

Google play app on whatever your device is, search "Grand order," find the Fate/Grand Order by Aniplex (free), choose Install. It'll say "Open" after installing, but will just bring up a "We're not ready yet!" screen.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Velyoukai posted:

Google play app on whatever your device is, search "Grand order," find the Fate/Grand Order by Aniplex (free), choose Install. It'll say "Open" after installing, but will just bring up a "We're not ready yet!" screen.

Would you be able to post a link (i.e. by getting to Google Play page via a browser)? I need to sideload it since it's not available in my region, and it's not in QooApp yet.

e: Nevermind, someone on Reddit uploaded it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzTIg8Q0DK4cRi1yM19qcjFnQU0/view

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

Would you be able to post a link (i.e. by getting to Google Play page via a browser)? I need to sideload it since it's not available in my region, and it's not in QooApp yet.

e: Nevermind, someone on Reddit uploaded it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzTIg8Q0DK4cRi1yM19qcjFnQU0/view

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6jcmp5/i_uploaded_the_us_apk_to_google_drive_for_anyone/

The thread in case the link updates/fails.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't like Mobage, I'll be the first to say that, but once upon a time I liked Fate/stay night, and I'm always up for a good RPG, so this sounds like my poo poo. Can I run it on an emulator? If so, which ones and how? My phone is very basic and I flat out don't think it has the capability of running many games on it.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Gologle posted:

I don't like Mobage, I'll be the first to say that, but once upon a time I liked Fate/stay night, and I'm always up for a good RPG, so this sounds like my poo poo. Can I run it on an emulator? If so, which ones and how? My phone is very basic and I flat out don't think it has the capability of running many games on it.

Extremely tentatively, it seems like FGO -should- run on MEmu, as per the following reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6akkkq/emu_wars_episode_x_return_of_the_emu/

Absolutely no promises, however, and FGO has had a recent history of 0% emulation. So be aware.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
anyone with a rootd phone not being able to open this game? Mine just pops up an email.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
To answer my question:

3 things to do-

1) no rooted phone
2) no usb debugging
3) turn off developer mode

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I just want it on the emulator to make rerolling easier and to avoid accidenting my JP account data. :v:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raenir Salazar posted:

I just want it on the emulator to make rerolling easier and to avoid accidenting my JP account data. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSsa0XqFP-M

Install all the crap in the video desc and then use multi-MEMU to import the .ova file. Congrats, it works.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll be back tonight, so expect some Silver writeups possibly before the game goes up

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Game is up.

Edit: nvm

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSsa0XqFP-M

Install all the crap in the video desc and then use multi-MEMU to import the .ova file. Congrats, it works.

Tried this and loaded the english apk from reddit from reddit and it appears to work.

At least it gives the message saying FGO is still in preparation for its launch.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Here's the countdown timer

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

http://imgur.com/a/MF6Ar all the banners

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
To FGO vets with deep knowledge of the game, this is what it feels like using Herc to pioneer a new server.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qUNo7URfsQ4&feature=youtu.be

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Who are the 4* characters you can get from the tutorial roll?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Who are the 4* characters you can get from the tutorial roll?

It's in the op.

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147842

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I think Berserkers are overrated and Heracles is inferior to Tamacat.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

hercules: useful against the lategame bosses that are actually challenging
tamacat: not that

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Is Diarmuid in this game and is he good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, no

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

AfroSquirrel posted:

you are correct in one of these statements.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but this game isnt hard so feel free to use him anyway

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

!!!poo poo!!!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Game is finally up on Qooapp for download if you haven't already.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Diarmuid is so rear end that people wouldn't use him during the Fate Zero event where he was the only servant who gave a rateup to one of the event drops. I think I had to be halfway through the event before I saw a diarmuid as a support servant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he also won't be in the game until, uh, london i think