Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

same except also skip a month of summer, the worst season

Excuse me? Summer is easily the second best season. Order goes (Fall, summer, winter, spring).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

LionArcher posted:

Excuse me? Summer is easily the second best season. Order goes (Fall, summer, winter, spring).

fall, winter, spring, summer

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

raditts posted:

I have a regular and New 3DS XL and neither of them have had screen scratching issues, probably because I'm not an animal.

does the switch also have a clamshell design tho? cuz that type of format is excellent for protecting the screen a la natural

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Wheany posted:

Are you joking? Is this a joke post?

You didn't hear? Atari's back in the game.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

LionArcher posted:

Lol where do you live

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Strawberry Panda posted:

What are the best BOTW side quests? Kind of sick of starting one and doing the first thing it tells me to do then the quest being completed.

There's a shrine quest in Kakariko that requires you to do other sidequests first, the ones hinted at in Impa's house. It's a cool little sequence if you haven't done it yet.

The quests around Gerudo town are all pretty cool, and have a good reward.

The quest from the guy who sits right outside of gerudo town has good rewards, and is also kinda funny.

I liked most/all the quests around Zora's Domain.

If you like exploring, the Leviathan Bones quest from Serenne Stable feels good to complete.

The White Horse quest from Outskirt Stable is probably something everyone should do, it even gives you a cool horse.

The only super involved quests though are the Tarrey Town ones. Most of the quests are just doing 1 thing, or are annoying (like the Weapon sidequest).

For Shrine Quests, Eventide Isle is cool if you haven't done that already. Most of them are kinda w/e though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I liked most of the side quests I've done because they have some pretty funny dialogue even if the rewards aren't super useful.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Blaster Master Zero soundtrack is really loving good, I know I've said that before but it bears repeating.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The worst side quest is the one where you have to babysit the letter down the zora river and it goes so sloooowwwwwww

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Did everyone just stop selling the consoles alone? I would pre-order a Zelda or Mario Kart bundle at this point but all I can find is one with Arms.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arms is fun

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mons Hubris posted:

Did everyone just stop selling the consoles alone? I would pre-order a Zelda or Mario Kart bundle at this point but all I can find is one with Arms.

Just keep checking your local Walmart/Target on weekdays and you'll find one pretty quickly.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Ventana posted:

There's a shrine quest in Kakariko that requires you to do other sidequests first, the ones hinted at in Impa's house. It's a cool little sequence if you haven't done it yet.

The quests around Gerudo town are all pretty cool, and have a good reward.

The quest from the guy who sits right outside of gerudo town has good rewards, and is also kinda funny.

I liked most/all the quests around Zora's Domain.

If you like exploring, the Leviathan Bones quest from Serenne Stable feels good to complete.

The White Horse quest from Outskirt Stable is probably something everyone should do, it even gives you a cool horse.

The only super involved quests though are the Tarrey Town ones. Most of the quests are just doing 1 thing, or are annoying (like the Weapon sidequest).

For Shrine Quests, Eventide Isle is cool if you haven't done that already. Most of them are kinda w/e though.

This is a rad list. Thanks!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There is a side quest at a stable near Gerudo desert that is having to save multiple hostages spread throughout the canyon

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Mons Hubris posted:

I lucked into an Amazon Prime only sale and caught it before it was out of stock. I haven't seen them do this again though.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Frankston posted:

The worst side quest is the one where you have to babysit the letter down the zora river and it goes so sloooowwwwwww

It felt like I spent 30 minutes of my life watching that stupid letter float down the river and my only reward was helping an adult man hook up with a child. It wasn't my idea of a great time.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Just purchased the DLC for Zelda. Looking forward to playing it again on hard mode. Game got too easy once you start to beef up Link so hoping this new mode helps with that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

InFlames235 posted:

Just purchased the DLC for Zelda. Looking forward to playing it again on hard mode. Game got too easy once you start to beef up Link so hoping this new mode helps with that.

Do you have to start all over to enable hard? If not, I won't be playing it for a year or two.:lol:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

bef posted:

Lol where do you live

Pacific Northwest

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do you have to start all over to enable hard? If not, I won't be playing it for a year or two.:lol:

Not sure on that. I figured you'd be starting entirely over for hard mode.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
I asked this before and it might affect literally only one other person in terms of purchase decisions but there is no settings to turn on Japanese text for Disgaea 5 if you bought it from the English eshop. If I knew that, I'd have tried to figure out how to access the Japanese shop and buy it from there :(.

Be warned, the sole Japanese lurker goon out there who was looking to buy Disgaea 5 outside of Japan.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

SeANMcBAY posted:

They said during the Treehouse segment that hard mode starts in its own save slot

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

I asked this before and it might affect literally only one other person in terms of purchase decisions but there is no settings to turn on Japanese text for Disgaea 5 if you bought it from the English eshop. If I knew that, I'd have tried to figure out how to access the Japanese shop and buy it from there :(.

:oh:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

There is a side quest at a stable near Gerudo desert that is having to save multiple hostages spread throughout the canyon

This one has some pretty good dialogue at the end that makes it worthwhile.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

Be warned, the sole Japanese lurker goon out there who was looking to buy Disgaea 5 outside of Japan.

I also heard that Cave Story doesn't have the Japanese.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Frankston posted:

What about stealth following the Korok kid through the forest with no checkpoints?

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

Thanks, that's good to know.
There's no demo for D5 on the JP eshop, so I DLed it from the North American shop and found it didn't support JP.
Tried playing it in English, and hurled it for being way too cloyingly anime.

Anyways, one can avoid heartbreak by looking up "Details" in the selected game's eshop profile.
The very first heading is "Languages" where the North American D5 will show it has English and French support, but no other languages.

It also works exactly the same way in the Japanese eshop.
The menu's set up exactly the same way, so look for the game's 「詳細」(Details), and look up the first heading 「言語」(Languages).
The first item will be 「日本語」(Japanese)
The other languages will be shown this way (the sequence apparently is standard across all games--unsupported languages aren't displayed):
英語 (English)
スペイン語 (Spanish)
フランス語 (French)
ドイツ語 (German)
イタリア語 (Italian)
オランダ語 (Dutch)
ポルトガル語 (Portuguese)
ロシア語 (Russian)

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Modus Pwnens posted:

I also heard that Cave Story doesn't have the Japanese.

It's not even on the JP eshop release schedule.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

There's no demo for D5 on the JP eshop, so I DLed it from the North American shop and found it didn't support JP.

Anyways, one can avoid heartbreak by looking up "Details" in the selected game's eshop profile.
The very first heading is "Languages" where the North American D5 will show it has English and French support, but no other languages.

I didn't think to look up supported languages in the eshop details. Now I feel a bit silly.. I was searching if D5 had Japanese support but only came up with stories of people purchasing the game from the Japanese eshop and having the ability to play with English text and audio so I figured it'd also work the other way around by changing the system settings to display Japanese. Definitely will be keeping this in mind whenever I decide to buy another JRPG. Cheers!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

What about stealth following the Korok kid through the forest with no checkpoints?

There should have been a checkpoint literally every step

Not really it was short and easy

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

It's not even on the JP eshop release schedule.

It has been announced, just not scheduled.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wonder if they haven't announced the Switch VC yet so they can sell SNES minis this holiday season.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spacebump posted:

I wonder if they haven't announced the Switch VC yet so they can sell SNES minis this holiday season.

Wouldn't they be trying to sell Switches this holiday season?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Not with artificial scarcity.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Guy Goodbody posted:

You don't need VC to sell Switches. The SNES mini wouldn't really be competition for the Switch because the price would probably be much less than a Switch and it wouldn't be a portable system.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

Oh, just one more thing for the probably zero people left who care, but there is a demo on the JP eShop. You have to search for 体験版

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They don't need VC to sell Switches. But They want to sell Switches and 3DSs this holiday season, and I'm not sure that introducing a third thing to compete with those makes a lot of sense. Especially considering how well the Switch is selling. Wouldn't thy have to start making the SNES Mini pretty soon here now? While they still can't make enough Switches to satisfy demand? And a SNES Mini absolutely would compete with the Switch, because they're both Nintendo home consoles that let you play the Zelda and the Mario

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

InFlames235 posted:

Ya this is my only area of complaint with BOTW. The dungeons were pretty barebones and easy. Not the sprawling, massive dungeons were used to. Hopefully the next Zelda rectifies that and gives us the normal dungeons combined with a massive open world.

What's weird is that there were maybe a half dozen shrines that were actually multi-step and complex and they really felt like Zelda puzzles. And then the rest were mostly DO YOU KNOW HOW GRAVITY WORKS or a really easy guardian fight.

Like for the most part finding the shrines was way more interesting than what was in them.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

Not with artificial scarcity.

That's been thoroughly debunked at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Modus Pwnens posted:

Oh, just one more thing for the probably zero people left who care, but there is a demo on the JP eShop. You have to search for 体験版

:doh:
...They even have the "Download demo" button right underneath the "Buy" button on the eshop.
I'm going to blame meds for being that oblivious.

• Locked thread