Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Manatee Cannon posted:

they backed down on the video stuff when people got mad at them over it I think

didn't they used to be really lovely about youtube videos of their games in general?

As far as I'm aware they're still generally hostile and fickle towards youtubers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bombadilillo posted:

Indies =/= fans doing things. Why do you conflait them?

i think the issue here is that the initial thing was like "oh nintendo is the new fan friendly place to get all of your indie games" but the disconnect is this person is suggesting that nintendo are not fan friendly at all, which has nothing to do with indie games.

microsoft, sony, and nintendo are not your friends and none of them are consumer friendly, however there are people who believe that each company is in fact their friend. some companies are, shall we say, more well represented in this facet than others

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Newmans Own brand is my friend.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
On another note I think no one brought up, the PS Twitter account said Anthem will come to the PS4 next year.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I stick with Sony because they have way better first party. Ive never cared about Halo, Gears, etc.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ufarn posted:

On another note I think no one brought up, the PS Twitter account said Anthem will come to the PS4 next year.

Anthem release being in Fall 2018 has been known for a while. Microsoft have a marketing deal with EA, it's not exclusive.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Rad Valtar posted:

I stick with Sony because they have way better first party. Ive never cared about Halo, Gears, etc.

Same but Nintendo too

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I used to really care about Halo but then Bungie left and made Destiny and I like playing that more but I'd still probably be buying Xboxes if Bungie kept making Halos.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Hitman is the best time travel game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've always owned the current Sony system for its exclusives, even when I was playing on Xbox 90% of the time. I'll play halo and gears if a I get a cheap copy or rent it but I couldn't give 2 shits about them as franchises. Sony has like 10 ips I am really into at this point.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Nex Machina is real fun but I think the last boss is a pain if you get stuck in a death spiral and lose all your power-ups. It came down to relying on the one item box giving a special weapon but getting the wrong one or dying before picking it up was pretty much a death warrant.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

Nex Machina is real fun but I think the last boss is a pain if you get stuck in a death spiral and lose all your power-ups. It came down to relying on the one item box giving a special weapon but getting the wrong one or dying before picking it up was pretty much a death warrant.

Me too exactly.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Andrast posted:

That's because nobody bought a vita

:ironicat:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Got on to buy Neon Chrome. Turns out I already own it. Sweet. I really enjoyed the demo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Got on to buy Neon Chrome. Turns out I already own it. Sweet. I really enjoyed the demo.

If you got the demo at an earlier point they gave you the full license without having to claim it on plus. I was pretty shocked when i noticed havent seen that before.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Also there was a pricing error when it first came out and a lot of people got it for free at that point, they never bothered removing it if you grabbed it then.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So any good places online to get a feel for how good a game Valkyria Revolution will be?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Look for reviews of the game on youtube from importers. They seem negative

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

So any good places online to get a feel for how good a game Valkyria Revolution will be?

You can't get a waifu of husbandu, which is a shame.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

youtube it.

hint: it looks bad

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Hunt11 posted:

I've been watching the Japanese reactions since the first demo came out and almost no one has had anything good to say about it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

If you got the demo at an earlier point they gave you the full license without having to claim it on plus. I was pretty shocked when i noticed havent seen that before.

I actually had the opposite problem, I had to contact support to delete the demo from my account before I could get the full game. Psn can't tell the difference between the demo and the full game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hunt11 posted:

Did you enjoy Valkyria Chronicles? Do you understand what made it fun and interesting?

Because apparently the Revolution devs didn't.

katkillad2 posted:

If there's going to be another generation of consoles and we aren't stuck with marginal upgrades, Microsofts next console will probably be where it's at. This is why it's good to have competition, hopefully Microsoft doesn't say "gently caress consoles" leaving us only with Sony because poo poo will get scary.

If it was gonna happen, it would've happened alongside the Scorpio release announcement. Instead they're just hoping people were dumb enough to believe "Console Launch/Timed Exclusive" meant several titles were theirs forever and ever and people weren't just gonna wait for the PS4 release.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

If there's going to be another generation of consoles and we aren't stuck with marginal upgrades, Microsofts next console will probably be where it's at. This is why it's good to have competition, hopefully Microsoft doesn't say "gently caress consoles" leaving us only with Sony because poo poo will get scary.

I doubt it. Microsoft seems to think that the reason they lost this gen is due to power, not their anti-consumer bullshit nor lack of exclusive games aside from Halo, Forza, and Gears which are nowhere near as popular as they used to be. I suspect they will release another super powerful console with sweet fuckall to play on it again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At least cuphead looks cool.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They have no games except the ones they announced at e3 2014.

Ps caught poo poo for reduxing last years show, ms hasnt delivered in forever and phils saying he's got great stuff he cant show cause its 3 years away? Get hosed.

Ill grab an xbox to replace my old 360 when its like $150 on black friday 2018 or whatever. By then they might have more than rare replay for me to care about.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Whoever wins next gen will be based on the same factors as always:

Who releases their console first?
Which is cheaper?
Which has better exclusives (which is always subjective)?

The fact that Sony was both cheaper AND more powerful was just a hilarious bonus this time.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I got into Dreadnought and have been playing all day. The gameplay has a lot of potential and is really fun, but there's a lot outside of it with the menues that are either unfinished or just really janky.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Rad Valtar posted:

I really miss Forza but only Forza and even if you throw in Horizon that's not enough to justify me buying another console and paying for another yearly service subscription.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

So who keeps letting Jim Ryan talk... to anyone? I mean he hasn't gotten there yet but it sounds like he's ramping up for a big "we have a product for you and its called the 360." moment that'll look real bad irregardless of context.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Did you enjoy Valkyria Chronicles? Do you understand what made it fun and interesting?

Because apparently the Revolution devs didn't.

well valkyria chronicles can't have sold well (it had 2 vita exclusive sequels and then dropped off the map. not exactly a ringing endorsement for a franchise), so I can understand the devs wanting to try something different with the setting to bring it back

I just wish that something different seemed like it was gonna be good

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Commissar Ken posted:

So who keeps letting Jim Ryan talk... to anyone? I mean he hasn't gotten there yet but it sounds like he's ramping up for a big "we have a product for you and its called the 360." moment that'll look real bad irregardless of context.

I don't see what's controversial about his statement. Seems more like people (and click bait journalists) are actively looking for a reason to get upset.

quote:

There was a time and a place, in the early stages of the life of PS4, to make statements. It was more about making a statement that we are serious about the indies, and that we are doing this and that with the indies. No Man's Sky and so on and so forth, which broke out from that and carved its own niche. You know, right now, we have tonnes of indie content on the platform. And the fact that we elected, along with many other things such as Gran Turismo and PlayLink, not to give it its own spot on the stage this week, in no way means it is not important, or it is not there, or we don't worry about it. It was just good to talk about in 2013/2014. It is less relevant now. We have VR to talk about now, for example.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Here's an article on how Sony has turned it's back on Indie devs after leaning on them for the PS4 launch:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/24/sony-xbox-devolver-indie-games-ps4-publishing-e3/

And here's one where the head of the Rocket Leauge studio says Sony holding out on cross platform play is dumb:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/24/rocket-league-cross-network-play-ps4-xbox-one-interview/

Enjoy!!

What if Sony cared about giving the advertising time of E3 to indies until they stopped making money or exclusivity for them? You spend millions on a keynote and then find yourself giving free air to a cabal of people who will just make more money on Steam and on competitor machines, that is the most anti economic stupid bullshit you can ever do. At that point just give time to that idiot first party zombie game.

Any smelly goon on this dead gay subforum will just go and say "nah man I will just buy this on PC on a Steam sale" or "I'd rather buy it on a switch so that I can play it on the toilet".

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Someone mentioned a ps4 Discord. Is that a thing???

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

well valkyria chronicles can't have sold well (it had 2 vita exclusive sequels and then dropped off the map. not exactly a ringing endorsement for a franchise), so I can understand the devs wanting to try something different with the setting to bring it back

I just wish that something different seemed like it was gonna be good

You're forgetting the PS4 Remastered release.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shadow225 posted:

Someone mentioned a ps4 Discord. Is that a thing???

i looked this up awhile back and i believe the statement was along the lines of "we'd love to work with sony on this" but it seems like thats about the extent of it

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Could we not just make a PS4 goons discord?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

sure but using discord on your phone is not the same as if it was just straight up integrated into your ps4

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

rabidsquid posted:

sure but using discord on your phone is not the same as if it was just straight up integrated into your ps4

Oh you were talking about a discord app on ps4. Sorry. I was thinking about just a discord server for PS4 goons to hang out in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

limaCAT posted:

What if Sony cared about giving the advertising time of E3 to indies until they stopped making money or exclusivity for them? You spend millions on a keynote and then find yourself giving free air to a cabal of people who will just make more money on Steam and on competitor machines, that is the most anti economic stupid bullshit you can ever do. At that point just give time to that idiot first party zombie game.

Any smelly goon on this dead gay subforum will just go and say "nah man I will just buy this on PC on a Steam sale" or "I'd rather buy it on a switch so that I can play it on the toilet".

Corporations are not your friends, they're all in it to make money, but the exact same thing is true of your favorite indie devs of honor & light and some of them are the biggest scammers out there today.