Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ularg posted:

Oh you were talking about a discord app on ps4. Sorry. I was thinking about just a discord server for PS4 goons to hang out in.

I'm finishing moving this week and will have my PC/ps4 combo working again so I'll be up for that discord channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man it's a real rear end in a top hat to setup and install all your PS Plus games on a new PS3. Finally got it though. Hilariously I have a God of War game it won't let me install because it has a 74 gb hard drive and it thinks the 34 gb game is larger than it.

e: I'm going to guess "Blood Knights" is bad

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 25, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

Man it's a real rear end in a top hat to setup and install all your PS Plus games on a new PS3. Finally got it though. Hilariously I have a God of War game it won't let me install because it has a 74 gb hard drive and it thinks the 34 gb game is larger than it.

The system needs like double the size of a game to install and also keeps a reserve for itself in case of update.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Real hurthling! posted:

The system needs like double the size of a game to install and also keeps a reserve for itself in case of update.

Oh, that makes more sense then. It was probably one of the only good ones I have. I've got that, Persona 4 Arena, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (this one's actually good, played it on 360), Prince of Persia, rain, Echochrome, I am Alive (pass), SSX, a racing game, Port Royale 3, Blood Knight (lol), and a couple others that I don't have on PS4.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat don't tell me you missed Yakuza 5?!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Oh yeah, I have that too! And I guess Alien Rage and The Last Guy.

Physically I have Demon's Souls, and a friend gave me Uncharted 2 and 3 and MGS4. I'm not a huge fan of Uncharted, though.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're forgetting the PS4 Remastered release.

They also did a mobage game.

It's Sega though so releases aren't indicative of popularity or even knowing how to address market demand.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh, that makes more sense then. It was probably one of the only good ones I have. I've got that, Persona 4 Arena, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (this one's actually good, played it on 360), Prince of Persia, rain, Echochrome, I am Alive (pass), SSX, a racing game, Port Royale 3, Blood Knight (lol), and a couple others that I don't have on PS4.

Wait until you have to uninstall a game like I had to uninstall Dragon's Dogma. I think I grew some grey hairs waiting for that to finish.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

5 makes me nervous to play another Yakuza game because of how much I didn't like it. I loved 4 however.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

They also did a mobage game.

It's Sega though so releases aren't indicative of popularity or even knowing how to address market demand.

That's pretty obvious with Valkyria Revolutions, with the debut trailer all-but-outright stating; "You all liked the woman with the long blue hair and big tits, right? That's what you want more of, isn't it?"

Wait, what do you mean 'gritty WW2 setting and tactical combat'? gently caress what did we do for the game's combat? Okay, scrap that and build some tactical poo poo on top of it.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

limaCAT posted:

What if Sony cared about giving the advertising time of E3 to indies until they stopped making money or exclusivity for them? You spend millions on a keynote and then find yourself giving free air to a cabal of people who will just make more money on Steam and on competitor machines, that is the most anti economic stupid bullshit you can ever do. At that point just give time to that idiot first party zombie game.

Any smelly goon on this dead gay subforum will just go and say "nah man I will just buy this on PC on a Steam sale" or "I'd rather buy it on a switch so that I can play it on the toilet".

This. Microsoft isn't giving keynote time to indies because they're altruistic. It's because they have nothing else to show. Plus all they did was an indie highlight reel which showed the games for a few seconds. At least the Undertale announcement happened at the Sony pre-show where people got to talk about it for a few minutes. People are really reaching for reasons to be pissed.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

i looked this up awhile back and i believe the statement was along the lines of "we'd love to work with sony on this" but it seems like thats about the extent of it

Yeah someone mentioned a ps4 Discord channel a few pages back. I should stop being lazy and quote the guy directly, but it was 3 am last knight and I'm phone posting now.

Also I think I have a gift for you if you message me on Steam.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

BisterdDave posted:

5 makes me nervous to play another Yakuza game because of how much I didn't like it. I loved 4 however.

Get 0 it's good. 5 was weird, I still liked it but can see why some wouldn't. 0 is streamlined and very focused.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Fame Douglas posted:

I don't see what's controversial about his statement. Seems more like people (and click bait journalists) are actively looking for a reason to get upset.

It's more to the point those last sentences shouldn't have been said because they could have easily been picked up out of context. As a person speaking to a news source you try not to do that. Plus he should probably never call any facet of the organization or any 'marketing partner' less relevant or explain that they're casting them aside because they've got their own poo poo to hawk. It's bad business. It's like the dumb poo poo he said with the backwards compatibility, he could have just said "We're not really focused on going in that direction right now..." or even "It's not worth the cost to us to put in there" and left it at that but ventured into "I mean did you look at that old poo poo we put out? Who wants to play that?!?" territory and seemed like a goof.

None of it is really that critical yet I just think it's pretty funny.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is Rain World any good? The reviews I've seen all say it's too hard.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Man The Last Guardian would be great if you weren't fighting the controls. I think I'm a little over halfway. Just past the water part people were having trouble with.

Does Dishonored 2 give any kind of refresher for what happened in 1?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ExCruceLeo posted:

Man The Last Guardian would be great if you weren't fighting the controls. I think I'm a little over halfway. Just past the water part people were having trouble with.

Except it is great.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ExCruceLeo posted:

The whole first mission in DH2 serves as a refresher course for Dishonored 1, although you'll miss some of the connections between characters. Long story short, in Dishonored OG Corvo is an assassin dude who had a daughter with the Empress of Dunwall, the Empress is killed and then Corvo makes a deal with a mysterious Outsider to gain SSJ powers and kill a lot of people in return, and now Corvo's daughter is the new Empress.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ExCruceLeo posted:

Dishonored 2 is not particularly interested in telling its own story to be honest. Its like the most back of napkin plot ever. Super mario 1 has more plot twists.

I played both games about 3 years apart and references popped up that missed a lot of but its nothing important

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 25, 2017

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Cross posting from the general Elite: Dangerous thread;

illBilliam posted:

Got the ball rolling on a PS4 community group for Elite. It is tentatively titled "SpaaaaceGooons". Send a request or get at me or parkingtigers for an invite if interested. My psn is illsense.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I bought "Odin Sphere". I was not drunk or anything. The opposite of drunk.

I started playing and is kind of a .... cool cat game?. Like how it moves, I like how it sounds, I like how it plays. I make me happy inside. Can't play very long because I have dumb finders and get tired of mashing the keys.

They poured a lot of love on the backgrounds and foregrounds. Very artistry. I like the part where you level up eating. I would be level 999 if real life worked like that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tei posted:

I started playing and is kind of a .... cool cat game?. Like how it moves, I like how it sounds, I like how it plays. I make me happy inside. Can't play very long because I have dumb finders and get tired of mashing the keys.

They poured a lot of love on the backgrounds and foregrounds. Very artistry. I like the part where you level up eating. I would be level 999 if real life worked like that.

It's a good game

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's a great game even, but as with Dragon's Crown, maybe a bit too long for how much content there is.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What the gently caress have they done to Batman's face in the Arkham Asylum remaster.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Killing floor 2 was some pile of shite to give away with PS+ this month.

I've tried on 5 separate occasions to find a game in matchmaking and have just given up after 15 minutes every time.

That's loving dire for a game they are giving away for nothing this month. It must be truly awful.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

spudsbuckley posted:

I've tried on 5 separate occasions to find a game in matchmaking and have just given up after 15 minutes every time.

That's loving dire for a game they are giving away for nothing this month. It must be truly awful.

Not entirely true. It isn't dead it's just really unintuitive to find matches.

When you select matchmaking set it to never allow games in progress. Set the server to US West. Then while you are matchmaking don't tab over to other menues.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

spudsbuckley posted:

I played one round of the single player just to see what its like, and its basically COD Zombies with lovely metal playing with every zombie wave

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tei posted:

OdinSphere was always a great and beautiful game and they really fixed a lot of the quirks people hated it by making it play similar to Muramasa.

VanillaWare games in general have gorgeous visuals

HGH posted:

It's a great game even, but as with Dragon's Crown, maybe a bit too long for how much content there is.

Nah, everything is really well put together and the characters and stories all really play different, but in a good way.

Also they really fixed Mercedes so you have a good break halfway between the melee characters.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

spudsbuckley posted:

It was overloaded earluer in the month. Now I'm getting matches every time no problem.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Killing Floor is really good if you have people you know to play with and unbearable if you're going with randos.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Afro posted:

I played one round of the single player just to see what its like, and its basically COD Zombies with lovely metal playing with every zombie wave

It controls like every shooterin the past decade if that's what you mean. It can be cod if you pick the gunguy class. Other ones play very differently. Its also supposed to be played online, for what its worth.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

OdinSphere was always a great and beautiful game and they really fixed a lot of the quirks people hated it by making it play similar to Muramasa.

VanillaWare games in general have gorgeous visuals

Nah, everything is really well put together and the characters and stories all really play different, but in a good way.

Also they really fixed Mercedes so you have a good break halfway between the melee characters.
I think everyone's individual stories are great, but by the time you hit Velvet (who happens to be the slowest despite having the swinging mechanic), you might get tired of the asset reuse. But that just depends on individual tolerance for that sorta stuff.
I'll say the worst part of the game is by far fighting Skuldi, whose nonstop teleportation is just annoying.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Quite possibly a dumb question but are you able to transfer a hard drive from a launch ps4 to a ps4 pro without reformatting? I was just thinking I'd like a pro once I come into more disposable income but I have a 2tb drive like 80% filled on my current system and gently caress downloading everything again, already did that once when I put the 2tb in and it was awful, and now I own way more games

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

great big cardboard tube posted:

Quite possibly a dumb question but are you able to transfer a hard drive from a launch ps4 to a ps4 pro without reformatting? I was just thinking I'd like a pro once I come into more disposable income but I have a 2tb drive like 80% filled on my current system and gently caress downloading everything again, already did that once when I put the 2tb in and it was awful, and now I own way more games

No. But you can back everything up on an external if you have one that big and transfer it that way.

Ps4 encrypts the hd to that unit only.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

great big cardboard tube posted:

Maybe you can move that data to a external USB.

Considery the following: most your savegames will be in the cloud, you can delete all disc-based games, they will install again from the disc on the new console. If anything, you may have to download a few patches.

So PLAN Z:
- Delete all games you have a disc (after checking that the last savegame is on the cloud)
- Move the rest to a USB drive
- Connect the drive to the new console, and move these games from the USB to the disc.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm sort of in the same boat. If I buy a PS4 Pro and plan to swap in my 2TB from my old PS4 do I still have to do a PS4 first time boot-up or can I just take the Pro out of the box, swap in the hard drive, install that firmware through the USB drive, and go?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Policenaut posted:

I'm sort of in the same boat. If I buy a PS4 Pro and plan to swap in my 2TB from my old PS4 do I still have to do a PS4 first time boot-up or can I just take the Pro out of the box, swap in the hard drive, install that firmware through the USB drive, and go?

You can do that but you'll have to download everything again.

I just said gently caress it and used the 1tb that came with the pro so I could do a system transfer. Kind of sucks losing 1tb of space but eh.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

What the gently caress have they done to Batman's face in the Arkham Asylum remaster.

I remember when that game came out and the comparisons had the last gen version actually looking better than the remaster

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm playing Nier right now and to be honest I'm not really feeling it? It's like one massive big open world with a lot of fetch quests and a real bad map.

That said the amusement park was fun but after that I had to run to base only to ru back. Was poo poo.

What am I missing? How is this amazing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

I'm playing Nier right now and to be honest I'm not really feeling it? It's like one massive big open world with a lot of fetch quests and a real bad map.

That said the amusement park was fun but after that I had to run to base only to ru back. Was poo poo.

What am I missing? How is this amazing?

Don't do the side-quests until you unlock fast travel. You won't miss anything, and it'll make your life a lot easier.