Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8on2mSfATXc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Neon Chrome is great. Last night I rewatched John Wick and then started Neon Chrome and it put me in the perfect mindset to brutally demolish levels full of security guards.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Finally got around to buying FF7 on Steam, since it's on sale for $5 right now. This game still rules :toot:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Macaluso posted:

Finally got around to buying FF7 on Steam, since it's on sale for $5 right now. This game still rules :toot:

I heard that port came with rootkits and the like when it first launched. Is that still true?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Make sure to play with other folks/goons in EDF if you're starting out, get yourself some equipment faster.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I played around 4 hours of EDF last night got to mission 22 or so on normal. Around that beach landing mission with hectors I found the guns I had been getting weren't really cutting it any more, but a quick run of mission 1 on hard solved that. I haven't seen a whole lot of reason to switch away from ranger, particularly on missions where you have to take down transports.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

precision posted:

I just got Sproggiwood finally and oh my god it's so cute :3:

and also super super fun goddamn

Sure it's cute now, but play it on the hardest difficulty and you'll be getting 'Nam flashbacks every time you see one of those cute little jellies and remember them as fractally respawning hellbeasts that turn the floor to lava.

Also I finally finished The Handmaids Tale, and not only was it an amazing show but the musical cue they used in the penultimate scene of the season made me really happy because The Saboteur used the same song for its ending and even though the scale and tone were completely different (single-handedly causing occupied Paris to rise up against the Nazis and personally executing their leader on top of the Eiffel tower versus reclaiming a small piece of agency by refusing to participate in an execution and planting the seeds of resistance against Christian ISIS in the process) I was really tickled that there was so much overlap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_wXNlLbBZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB1XwLty9d8

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dr. Fetus posted:

I heard that port came with rootkits and the like when it first launched. Is that still true?

No

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Glad to see this game still holds up :)

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I finally bought Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. I loved that game when it came out, I wonder how well it holds up.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's June's GotM?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mine is Guitar Hero 3 because I didn't really play many games this month.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Jay Rust posted:

What's June's GotM?

Friday The 13th: The Game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

What's June's GotM?

Heart's Medicine: Time to Heal :grin:

I didn't actually play any games that came out this month

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Neon Chrome.

No it didn't come out this month.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ever Oasis

I think that's the only June game I've played though

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Jay Rust posted:

What's June's GotM?

Tekken

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tekken 7

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

chumbler posted:

I played around 4 hours of EDF last night got to mission 22 or so on normal. Around that beach landing mission with hectors I found the guns I had been getting weren't really cutting it any more, but a quick run of mission 1 on hard solved that. I haven't seen a whole lot of reason to switch away from ranger, particularly on missions where you have to take down transports.

Rangers are definitely the best anti-air, it's not even a contest.

Look forward to Mission 29. It's awesome.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

What's June's GotM?

:siren: WipEout Omega Collection :siren:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I played through SUPERHOT yesterday since it came in a humble monthly at some point and the gimmick is pretty cool but boy is anything beyond that a bunch of ponderous poo poo it's the most innovative shooter I've played in years!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm curious, what do people generally prefer when it comes to 3rd person vs 1st person? For me I prefer 1st in pretty much every case. 3rd person games are fine but I find myself less engaged with them in general. I guess it works for games like Uncharted where the main character is doing a lot of emoting though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I'm curious, what do people generally prefer when it comes to 3rd person vs 1st person? For me I prefer 1st in pretty much every case. 3rd person games are fine but I find myself less engaged with them in general. I guess it works for games like Uncharted where the main character is doing a lot of emoting though.

Depends entirely on the game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

3rd person esp. if I can play as a girl

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There are very few games where I like playing in first person. At best I find it "tolerable". Until we have full "real VR" in 10 years or whatever stick to third person so I can actually see where my person is in relation to the gameworld.

edit: GTA5 in first person is actually really good tho

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
First person Uncharted would be a close-up view of a brick wall 90% of the time.

First person Platinum game :barf:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust prefers things to be in third person

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jay Rust posted:

Jay Rust prefers things to be in third person

Actually, you prefer things to be in second person.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't know if I've ever cared what the perspective was, there's mechanical reasons for different viewpoints and such. As long as it works well for the game. Like I can't imagine Doom in 3rd person

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

an actual dog posted:

:siren: WipEout Omega Collection :siren:

Being able to play Wipeout 2048 at a stable frame-rate feels like a gift from Gosh.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think either can work although I've yet to play an FPS that really mastered melee combat.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

exquisite tea posted:

I think either can work although I've yet to play an FPS that really mastered melee combat.

red steel

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Dead Island (but only on controller)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No but really mastered it

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

exquisite tea posted:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, by a very loose definition of "mastered"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was unaware people played DoMM as anything except as a kick off cliff murder simulator.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Riddick game did good first-person melee

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Actually, you prefer things to be in second person.

One of your all time favorite novels is in second person. It's called Bright Lights Big City, and you thought the movie version was also excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There was some FPS on steam I can't remember the name of where you did nothing but punch weird lookin things, I remember the game looked kinda tribal or something.

Condemned also had good melee for an fps title.

.....goldeneye 64 :v:

• Locked thread