Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I read that Carmilla has crazy NP and star generation. Will this change be in the released version of the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, the US version should have all of the strengthening missions right away and even then Carmilla has always just had naturally good NP gain and star gen.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

EzEight posted:

I read that Carmilla has crazy NP and star generation. Will this change be in the released version of the game?

she will really good right off the bat

Captain Baal posted:

No, the US version should have all of the strengthening missions right away and even then Carmilla has always just had naturally good NP gain and star gen.

one huge thing to note is how hard those quests are too reach as a new player, until a bunch of events fully ascending servants is a bear.

grail ascending will be in the game which is a using a grail from each chapter to raise the level limit of a servant by 5 until 90 which goes by 2 (92 94 96 98 100) and level to 91-100 is an absurd amount of gold and exp prolly 200 millon iirc? (gold misson gives 1-2 millon) 90 is typically the best place to stop unless you have found your one true waifu. then level to 100 (note just about everyone who gets jeanne alter will level her to 100.)

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
Level 100 Hans I promise I'll let you reach glory.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Velyoukai posted:

Level 100 Hans I promise I'll let you reach glory.

I saw a thread discussing this, this isn't very good use of grails if you're doing it for stats. If its for because he's your friend then that's different.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I saw a thread discussing this, this isn't very good use of grails if you're doing it for stats. If its for because he's your friend then that's different.

It's because Hans is my favorite. His stats bedamned.

Down the line, when you look to your friend list for support servants, you will see that level 100 Hans and will know, "That's that dumbass, Vel."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Grail your favorites imo

I may take a lot about servant viability and whatnot but I currently have a lv 100 Okita, 90 Emiya, and 80 Cu. The only one of those that probably needs it is Cu, the others is because I love them and they're my perfect waifu and husbando.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the game is beatable with ungrailed 3*s. grail for love.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I also love Cu and making him gold satisfied my obsession with having a gold Cu

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i grailed geronimo twice because it was funny

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm sure someone at DW appreciates there is a grailed Geronimo circling the support Ocean.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I've seen a screenshot of a level 100 Geronimo. It was surreal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's a guy on my friendslist with a level 100 phantom

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
I will be that one guy with a level 90 Proto Cu instead of regular.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Will they ask us to bind accounts to googleplay right away or is rerolling expected to work in the west too? (Can you even bind accounts in the USA version or is it to be like the JPN version with access code and user ID?)

Debating Heracles or Carmilla. Would be easy if I rolled a Carmilla starter :v

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Will they ask us to bind accounts to googleplay right away or is rerolling expected to work in the west too? (Can you even bind accounts in the USA version or is it to be like the JPN version with access code and user ID?)

Debating Heracles or Carmilla. Would be easy if I rolled a Carmilla starter :v

It will probably be the archaic bind code method.

^5 Camilla buddy. For a long time my only golds on JP were Stheno and Camilla.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Grailed Arash with maxed Kaleidescope CE as an Oh poo poo button.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Largepotato posted:

Tried this and loaded the english apk from reddit from reddit and it appears to work.

At least it gives the message saying FGO is still in preparation for its launch.

Link? I got the Japanese version to kind of load but I'm guessing I need a .ova for the English version.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if you roll first then pick, or vice versa.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

I took vlad to 100 on japan, rad vlad needs love (he then got a huge buff and it went from novelty to really good choice)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i grailed vlad too

extra vlad :twisted:

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
When will you guys say this is good enough during rerolling?

Waver or bust?
Or will you start one you get any 5*?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

EzEight posted:

Waver or bust?

When the waifu/husbando is rolled, of course.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

EzEight posted:

Waver or bust?

I'm getting Herc and Emiya and then I'm done rerolling. I'm not pushing my luck for 5*, with as much as I've played this game unless Waver or someone else is on an immediate rateup.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Captain Baal posted:

I'm getting Herc and Emiya and then I'm done rerolling. I'm not pushing my luck for 5*, with as much as I've played this game unless Waver or someone else is on an immediate rateup.

I though I was the only one with this idea. Will you at least do a 10 roll? If not when would you say would be the best time to spend quartz?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

EzEight posted:

I though I was the only one with this idea. Will you at least do a 10 roll? If not when would you say would be the best time to spend quartz?

When there's a rateup on a Servant you want

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

With the 5* rates I just can't even imagine trying to reroll around one, much less a specific one - as much as I'd love to start off with Altera.

I figure with the 4*s I'll aim for one of Martha/Carmilla/Emiya/ + Herc.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

EzEight posted:

Literally what Pureauthor said. This game has hosed up gacha rates so you basically need to save for poo poo you actually want unless you have dumb luck. Rn in JP FGO I got most of what I want so I am legit in a period where I just toss my Quartz on anything that catches my fancy and it got me Moriarty who I actually did want. That being said I was saving after Edmond's rerun because I figured something would come along that I cared about and then the CCC event introduced two new classes and I was like "Duhhhh new servant classes" even though I didn't really care about Passion or Melt at the time.

You will end up throwing Quartz on the dumbest poo poo because it has something you are kind of interested in and that is the hardest part of this game lol.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

That'd be one hell of a starter comp.

Starting off with Emiya might be tedious but would be worth it for sure. Now that you mention it, I might reroll for Emiya too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean emiya's also just my favorite servant so the fact he ends up godlike was a bonus because I had him back before his buffs and still used him because he's the best and I love him. Him being legit meta good for a while now has just been a cool addition since he's the best non-limited Archer in the game.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

I mean emiya's also just my favorite servant so the fact he ends up godlike was a bonus because I had him back before his buffs and still used him because he's the best and I love him. Him being legit meta good for a while now has just been a cool addition since he's the best non-limited Archer in the game.

For some reason I mistoook Emiya for El Meloi/Zhuge O_o, no idea how that happened.

Very few of my favourite 5* are at launch outside Zhuge. Atilla isn't bad but no Scathach/Nero/Avenger is a very small pool :D

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nero's one of the beginning 4* if you don't wanna wait for Bride. She's just not one of the freebies.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Are there any 5*s that are total poo poo?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I want to reroll for Emiya because he's cute

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Haroshia posted:

Are there any 5*s that are total poo poo?

The bottom of the list servants are Mysterious Heroine X Alter and Kiara Sessyoin who are wayyyyy down the line from the US version, but there are def some other 5* I would poo poo talk

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Still gonna use MHX Alter, idgaf

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I was going for nero bride, she's very fun with Zhuge's buffs

I'll likely be hoarding for JAlter the moment I get a good starting comp though.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 25, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

The bottom of the list servants are Mysterious Heroine X Alter and Kiara Sessyoin who are wayyyyy down the line from the US version, but there are def some other 5* I would poo poo talk

Amakusa?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Amakusa is the worst Ruler in the game again after the Jeanne buff, but he's still better than those 2 because he at least can be put into a team that promotes the only useful part of him, his NP. Artoria is legit rear end for a buster based Saber class and Arthur is just as bad. The only reason they're better is because they aren't worthless against the classes they're strong against and can be used for waveclear against lancers and berserkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

DrManiac posted:

Link? I got the Japanese version to kind of load but I'm guessing I need a .ova for the English version.

I just opened the english version apk in the ova from the video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6jcmp5/i_uploaded_the_us_apk_to_google_drive_for_anyone/

It's also on qooapp now.

https://apps.qoo-app.com/en/app/com.aniplex.fategrandorder.en