Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can't believe that in just eleven hours I'll be hoarding quartz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.

cheetah7071 posted:

Yorokobe, shounen.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I don't know how I'm going to hoard until Nero Festival but I'm gonna have to try

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

:five:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

You don't find Tamamo in heaven

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You have my sword

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I was planning on rolling for weaver but I might just stop on any decent 5*. I rolled for takumi in FEH and it took me a day and that was at 3%

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FEH has the most demoralizing gacha I've experienced so I'm looking forward F/GO telling it to hold its beer tonight.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
FEH has a 6% rate on 5*s with a pity increase if you miss it, and the ability to pick the color you want to manipulate the odds

There's something to be said that 3* and 4* rolls are less useful in that game than in this one but unless I'm fundamentally misunderstanding the system FEH is significantly more generous with its highest rarity before you even factor in promotions

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Getting the Hero you want is relatively benign.

Getting the Hero you want with the IVs you want will result in sobbing and screams.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, it's the nature thing that hurts it a lot. The chance of getting a particular rate-up in FEH usually ends up being around 3% due to the separate 3% roll, sometimes as low as 2% if the color distribution is absolutely terrible for it. But, if you only want 1/3rd of the possible natures you're actually lower than the chance of getting a FGO character on rate-up or around the same at best.

FGO rates are actually good for getting characters you want, as you want them since it's apparently around .6% for an SSR on rate-up regardless of roster size and there are no other rolls to screw over their stats. Something like GBF, even with 6% rates on rate-ups, gives you .2%.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Gatcha with IVs is so magnificently evil that I'm surprised more games don't do it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I spent an entire day trying to get anyone I wanted in FEH and kept getting Roy. I pop over to FGO and roll for King Hassan, it gives me King Hassan. The only time I've gotten a 5* that wasn't the rateup one I wanted was Altera when trying to get Moriarty, otherwise I've always gotten rateups on 5* which is something I struggle with on Granblue.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Captain Baal posted:

The bottom of the list servants are Mysterious Heroine X Alter and Kiara Sessyoin who are wayyyyy down the line from the US version, but there are def some other 5* I would poo poo talk

Should have specified. Are any English Launch 5*s total poo poo? I plan to reroll until I get any of them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Haroshia posted:

Should have specified. Are any English Launch 5*s total poo poo? I plan to reroll until I get any of them.

Artoria otherwise the rest are acceptable. Waver is the big money one and Vlad's also pretty good. Early game's not so tough that their faults are inherently obvious though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

granblue is way more generous if you just want SSRs in general, but if you want a specific one you pretty much have to spark for them.

not to mention weapons/summons makes individual ssrs way less valuable

Haroshia posted:

arturia and atilla are both kinda eh but they have 5* stats and aoe nps, plus sabers are hard to come by so they're fine

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Captain Baal posted:

Artoria otherwise the rest are acceptable. Waver is the big money one and Vlad's also pretty good. Early game's not so tough that their faults are inherently obvious though.

Pulling for Waver then, if only because Iskandar is my husbando and I want to make a canon team if/when he comes out.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Haroshia posted:

Waver is the best, everyone is good.

Altaria/Artoria is the weakest of the bunch, out of all the 5*s she is the most average. If you roll a 5* keep it.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

EzEight posted:

Waver is the best, everyone is good.

Altaria/Artoria is the weakest of the bunch, out of all the 5*s she is the most average. If you roll a 5* keep it.

That's always been so weird to me that Artoria is among the most mediocre 5* . I thought she was a fan favourite and they'd cater to that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk what their decisions when it comes to buffing are because they're really inconsistent about when they buff and who they buff. But you can expect an Artoria one eventually.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm not sure why they don't just overhaul some Servants when their skillset/niche fundamentally does not play well with itself (looking at you Siegfried) instead of just leaving them as mediocre options in perpetuity or very, very rare buffs.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

General curiosity: When first starting, 'bout how long does it take to get to your 4* roll?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
There's a tutorial battle that has arash, cu chulainn, and artoria before it goes into the story. Once you're in fuyuki proper, you can roll.

Takes about 10-15 minutes

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It seems to be up on iOS. Downloading now.

Edit: Nope, just pre-downloading.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 25, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

There's a tutorial battle that has arash, cu chulainn, and artoria before it goes into the story. Once you're in fuyuki proper, you can roll.

Takes about 10-15 minutes

Potentially plus installation time, depending on how you're rerolling. I clocked that at about 15m when I tried the Japanese version yesterday, but obviously that'll depend on your device and connection.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Can also shortcut it if you have two devices, two emulator instances or an emulator and a device. You'd generate a bind code on one of them, enter it on the other and then try to access the first one again. Suddenly it removes your data without requiring you to re-download the entire game. If you want to save the bind code for somebody else though you'd have to generate it again on the second device and copy that down.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Decus posted:

Can also shortcut it if you have two devices, two emulator instances or an emulator and a device. You'd generate a bind code on one of them, enter it on the other and then try to access the first one again. Suddenly it removes your data without requiring you to re-download the entire game. If you want to save the bind code for somebody else though you'd have to generate it again on the second device and copy that down.

ooooooh, does this really work? I'm so down with this.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Just found out about this releasing in English (what luck I'd find out today). How come their website says it's out today, and the app is available today, but I hear it won't actually be playable until tomorrow?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NRVNQSR posted:

Potentially plus installation time, depending on how you're rerolling. I clocked that at about 15m when I tried the Japanese version yesterday, but obviously that'll depend on your device and connection.

Yeah it's not terrible. Definitely not the longest game to reroll for, not the fastest either.

I think on android you have to clear all cache and reinstall so that's another 5-10 extra minutes depending on device.

PureRok posted:

Just found out about this releasing in English (what luck I'd find out today). How come their website says it's out today, and the app is available today, but I hear it won't actually be playable until tomorrow?

Because PST time sucks :)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PureRok posted:

Because the game is scheduled to go up at 9PM PDT for some god forsaken reason

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I look forward to making Freak Futanari angry about my rolls in two games instead of one :laugh:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

ooooooh, does this really work? I'm so down with this.
Yeah, if bind codes work the same way on the English version that'd be a nice time saving.

I'm optimistically looking forward to a few days of people trading bind codes for neat starting rolls in a beautiful utopia.

I'm pessimistically expecting a new system where you need to set up a different Google Payments account for every reroll.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NRVNQSR posted:

Yeah, if bind codes work the same way on the English version that'd be a nice time saving.

I'm optimistically looking forward to a few days of people trading bind codes for neat starting rolls in a beautiful utopia.

I'm pessimistically expecting a new system where you need to set up a different Google Payments account for every reroll.

I don't think they're that lovely. JPN rerolling was never that preposterous.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, you should never need to link an account to anything before the re-roll--you'd do it afterward. But he's right in that if they do have an account link system instead of a bind system giving away accounts would get much harder which sort of collectively increases the difficulty of re-roll, since can't just give the good stuff you don't want away or take somebody else's good stuff that you do.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I know the servers aren't live yet but the game just won't launch for me and gives me error code 60, which is apparently related to rooted devices, which mine isn't, nor do I have developer mode on. Hope that gets fixed soon. :shrug:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I know the servers aren't live yet but the game just won't launch for me and gives me error code 60, which is apparently related to rooted devices, which mine isn't, nor do I have developer mode on. Hope that gets fixed soon. :shrug:

I think it was mentioned above but apparently you can't use a rooted device.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I think it was mentioned above but apparently you can't use a rooted device.

Yeah, mine isn't.

I did find the problem though in case anyone else runs into this: disabling developer mode isn't enough, you have to clear your settings data so you don't even have the tab anymore.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My game starts booting and then immediately backs out and asks me how I want to share the app

I assume and hope this is just how a galaxy S5 deals with apps that aren't out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

My game starts booting and then immediately backs out and asks me how I want to share the app

I assume and hope this is just how a galaxy S5 deals with apps that aren't out yet

I have an S5 and get the Waiting for Launch Error Code 88