Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Dr Tran posted:

Yup. I have a level 40 friend who is very upset she has an incomplete badge she can never finish.

Yesterday I got a Tyranitar raid boss. I was so ecstatic about getting 1 Fast and 2 Charge TMs I wasn't sad when the Tyranitar ran away.
I went through three Machamps in that battle.

Why not use a Vaporeon instead of Machamp?

Right before the gyms closed, I was 980 out of 1000 for training. I took down a gym, threw in a Dragonite, and spent the next 30 minutes prestiging. Got the badge, worth it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think lured pokestops give double items now. I've been chilling at the airport waiting to pick up someone and each spin gives me 6 instead of the usual 3 or 4.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

Why not use a Vaporeon instead of Machamp?

Right before the gyms closed, I was 980 out of 1000 for training. I took down a gym, threw in a Dragonite, and spent the next 30 minutes prestiging. Got the badge, worth it!

It's double weak against fighting, makes a difference

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Golem is pretty gnarly against fire types too. Mine was instrumental in soloing a 10000+ CP Magmar.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I mainly seem to be missing Machamp with double fighting moves (of which I have none) and Golem with double rock moves (of which I have none). Also, having powered up attackers in general. Previously I only powered up defenders, which are often not useful for raids.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I'm so glad I have 5 Golems or Geodudes worthy of being turned into Golems now

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I managed to take down a 11k Electabuzz by myself but chose ground thinking it was weak against ground. Is it not? Is there a handy list that goes over what's weak and strang against whatever?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Is there a way to get Tyrogue to evolve to specific evolution or is it just random?

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Louisgod posted:

I managed to take down a 11k Electabuzz by myself but chose ground thinking it was weak against ground. Is it not? Is there a handy list that goes over what's weak and strang against whatever?
Electric types should be weak against ground. Are you sure your moveset wasn't rock though?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

DeadlyHalibut posted:

It's double weak against fighting, makes a difference

But Machamps can only learn steel moves?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Ground is resistant to and super effective against electric.

LemonLimeTime posted:

Is there a way to get Tyrogue to evolve to specific evolution or is it just random?

Depends on your Tyrogue's highest stat: attack will evolve to Hitmonlee, defense to Hitmonchan, HP to Hitmontop. If any of them are equal I believe it's 50-50 (or 33-33-33) for each.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Centzon Totochtin posted:

But Machamps can only learn steel moves?

Counter (quick move) and Close Combat/Dynamic Punch (charge moves) are all Fighting.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Julio Cruz posted:

Ground is resistant to and super effective against electric.

Depends on your Tyrogue's highest stat: attack will evolve to Hitmonlee, defense to Hitmonchan, HP to Hitmontop. If any of them are equal I believe it's 50-50 (or 33-33-33) for each.

It's never 50/50 with HItmontop. If HP is tied with anything, it will evolve into a Lee or Chan, never Top. If ATK and DEF are tied it's 50/50.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Raids are popping up a lot earlier today than they did yesterday. This raid update is gonna keep me real busy over the summer.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt

GonSmithe posted:

It's never 50/50 with HItmontop. If HP is tied with anything, it will evolve into a Lee or Chan, never Top. If ATK and DEF are tied it's 50/50.

Mine was tied HP/DEF. Wanted Chan, got Top.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Well, according to IV Go both were 14 anyway.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Louisgod posted:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

financially racist posted:

Raids are popping up a lot earlier today than they did yesterday. This raid update is gonna keep me real busy over the summer.

Awesome if that's the case globally. I tend to play early in the morning, especially now that anything past 10 feels like the heat death of the universe.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Fought an 11k wheezing. It recommended 9 players, I was the only one. Did fine and beat it with about 20 seconds left. I didnt have a weezong so it was nice to catch one

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Drunk Nerds posted:

Fought an 11k wheezing. It recommended 9 players, I was the only one. Did fine and beat it with about 20 seconds left. I didnt have a weezong so it was nice to catch one

Hello me in another parallel universe is Trump president there too? Saved me from walking my Koffing about 30 candies and walked away with rare candies for my 10 candy Chaney.

One added bonus about the raids being interesting and worth doing is that I'm forcing myself to learn resistance and weaknesses beyond fire and water and other obvious ones.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

This isn't accurate anymore since they changed the damage formula. This is how it's calculated in the main series:

Here's how it's different in GO:

2=1.4
1/2=0.714
0=0.51
and Same Type Attack Bonus (STAB) is 1.2

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kxZyle posted:

Awesome if that's the case globally. I tend to play early in the morning, especially now that anything past 10 feels like the heat death of the universe.

It was 110 degrees here yesterday, didn't stop me from walking around the three gyms in the park to do raids though.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

kxZyle posted:

:eng101: the heat death of the universe isn't the universe dying of heat, it's heat dying. All energy is spent and everything is at absolute zero (maybe not fully accurate, but that's the gist)

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Oh. :downs:

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Did two raids today and got these wonderful beauties: 12/13/12 (82%) Muk 1507 cp Poison Jab/Dark Pulse and 12/10/13 (80%) Arcanine 1576 cp Fire Fang/Crunch.

Super underwhelming.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Have 7 pokemon in gyms, 3 of them for almost 2 days, collected a whooping 8 coins today :toot:. It's like my pokemon are held captive by ISIS (Instinct & Mystic).

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Did 2 raids. I'm surprised they let you get a daily raid pass if you started the day with one in your bag.

Anywayz, Muk and my first solar beam Exeggutor. About the best I could ask for outside of Tyrannitar

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Put a cp10 Magikarp into a gym ten seconds before a raid. It'll be locked in for an hour, and at the end one of the raid participants might kick it out, so you get 6 coins immediately!

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
This new payout system officially stinks. Two Pokemon I had on gyms since Friday just came back to me and didn't bring a red poke-cent with them because a different guy returned with 50 this morning.

What the hell NIANTIC

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
New gym system owns. I'm getting more coins then I ever got with the old one and don't have to waste items just to put my guys into my teams gym.

My only real complaint is now I have less stardust.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Julio Cruz posted:

Where do I see his attack and defense stats? Is it his two moves that he has? He only has Rock Smash (15) and Rock Slide (80).

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Steve Jorbs posted:

Electric types should be weak against ground. Are you sure your moveset wasn't rock though?

I figured it out, the Electabuzz had a quick fighting move, which is strong against rock.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

LemonLimeTime posted:

Where do I see his attack and defense stats? Is it his two moves that he has? He only has Rock Smash (15) and Rock Slide (80).

Nah the moves are separate from his "IV" stats (attack/hp/defense). You need to select the pokemon, hit the spring? (3 rows) on the bottom right and appraise it. It'll give you a basic overview of your pokemon IV, and you can narrow that down using an IV calculator like https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/en/tools/iv-calculator. With machines now, I wouldn't bother checking a pokemon's IV unless it's a "Overall, your [Pokémon] is a wonder! What a breathtaking Pokémon!/Overall, your [Pokémon] simply amazes me. It can accomplish anything!/Overall, your [Pokémon] looks like it can really battle with the best of them!" so it's at least 82%+

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Have 7 pokemon in gyms, 3 of them for almost 2 days, collected a whooping 8 coins today :toot:. It's like my pokemon are held captive by ISIS (Instinct & Mystic).

There a guy who regularly shaved the gyms around here and I've kept pretty much all his pokes in the gym since they reopened by dumping berries into them whenever they get demotivated.

Except someone came through and flipped all the gyms in one day but that just made me even happier that the shaver got all his Pokémon back with only 50 coins to show for it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

weekly font posted:

Hello me in another parallel universe is Trump president there too? Saved me from walking my Koffing about 30 candies and walked away with rare candies for my 10 candy Chaney.

One added bonus about the raids being interesting and worth doing is that I'm forcing myself to learn resistance and weaknesses beyond fire and water and other obvious ones.

I've been playing since Red/Blue and I still can not remember things besides the obvious ones, don't worry.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

Counter (quick move) and Close Combat/Dynamic Punch (charge moves) are all Fighting.

Hmm nope I'm pretty sure every Machamp I've ever had only has double steel and surely the game wouldn't punish me with 5 lovely machamps

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

GonSmithe posted:

I've been playing since Red/Blue and I still can not remember things besides the obvious ones, don't worry.

thankfully raid bosses are a limited set so I'm sure someone has already compiled a Best Pokemon To Raid With list, per boss. I just have to find it!

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The first fast TM I got from a raid I used to change Bullet Punch to Counter on my Machamp

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Psion posted:

thankfully raid bosses are a limited set so I'm sure someone has already compiled a Best Pokemon To Raid With list, per boss. I just have to find it!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sn9XiNlwAXxwccK-YtJo_vM6nZRN4VhGjm2cKhuaZBo/htmlview?sle=true

basically it's Alakazams and Machamps and the Alakazams help get Machamps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Do raids have to be a certain level to drop TMs? Or can you get them from the lvl 1 raids?

• Locked thread