Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

nerdbot posted:

I think the new stages (Studiopolis, Mirage Saloon etc.) might not have minibosses, Studiopolis Act 1 ends with you passing a signpost traditionally and there's unique behavior for it (it flies up into the air after you run past it, so you can juggle it like after you clear a miniboss). This fits with the Heavies being bigger boss encounters.

Back when the first gameplay was revealed they mentioned that the signpost at the end of Studiopolis act 1 was a placeholder. Each act is getting a boss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I bought Lost World on the PC because of the steam sale.

I'm a sheep.

Don't look at me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

it's a good game

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's okay.

I'm more ashamed I bought it mostly just to have a complete collection.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's terrible. The controls feel so wrong in my hands I feel like my skin is crawling, and it makes me hate everything else it does wrong even more.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

People are saying there are issues with Sonic Forces with the FPS on the Switch version being cut in 1/2 and I respond with something along the lines as..... just who is looking forward to Sonic Forces? You sit here and tell me that the framerate is cut in 1/2 with the Switch version compared to the PS4/Xbox version and then go along the ride stating that you can't wait for Sonic Mania? Which is it? How can you attack one game that is not "powerful enough" yet still be glad (and excited) to see the 16 bit version of Sonic return? I honestly cannot understand it and yes it it quite sickening.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I couldn't give a gently caress about Forces yet am super fully hyped for Mania

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That is the most bizarre take on anything I have seen a while.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

My winners are:

Onmi posted:

Big the Cat does not give a gently caress.
If the world was ending and demons were rising from hell, Big the Cat would continue to fish and relax the days away with Froggy. He has no gently caress to give because the only gently caress he was given is for Froggy. If Froggy were to be kidnapped, Big would topple empires, destroy a thousand year old civilization devoted to the rebirth of the ultimate evil, brave every frontier and face down against anything that would stand in his way. Because Big only has one gently caress to give, and buddy, you aint Froggy.

100 words exactly.

Heaven Spacey posted:

Does the Werehog count as a Sonic Friend? Because Werehog hate is totally overblown- *jazz trumpets drown out my post* - and furthermore, I think that Sonic Unleashed would have been a better-received game if instead of turning into the Werehog, Sonic just turned into stone at night or some poo poo and you played a Knuckles during the night levels instead. Regardless, I think the beat-em-up mechanics worked competently and if the game had just done a better job framing it it would have gone a long way towards making Sonic Unleashed universally viewed as a good game instead of only viewed as a good game by Intelligent Sonic Fans, a group to which I definitely belong.

Basically Sonic Unleashed was good, gently caress haters get sun tokens

Congratulations for having Really Good Opinions About Sonic

I tried to send a PM but i don't think either of you have plat, so put your steam ids here and I'll add you

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Is the scratch option still open? http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Z3fYZ4BGIi

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am looking forward to both.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Skeletome posted:

My winners are:

I tried to send a PM but i don't think either of you have plat, so put your steam ids here and I'll add you

My steam ID is onmikhaos

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Onmi posted:

Oh yeah, and Penders has always looked like the absolute creepiest motherfucker.

Ken Penders is Dr. Robotnik irl

Actually no, British criminal Charles Bronson is

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Skeletome posted:

My winners are:

Aw poo poo :shobon: Actually, I already bought Sonic Mania, so I'd like to forward my win to another goon if that's okay, nobody in particular. Just whoever quotes this post first and says "I WANT TO GO FAST"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Heaven Spacey posted:

Aw poo poo :shobon: Actually, I already bought Sonic Mania, so I'd like to forward my win to another goon if that's okay, nobody in particular. Just whoever quotes this post first and says "I WANT TO GO FAST"

I want to go fast!!!

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Heaven Spacey posted:

I WANT TO GO FAST

Or something.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Heaven Spacey posted:

"I WANT TO GO FAST"

Even though I'm late, I'm just saying it because it's true. I do want to go fast, because it's something I've got to go.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Heaven Spacey posted:

I WANT TO GO FAST

Just in case everybody else change their minds

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I want to go fast, but only on Nintendo Switch.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm more ashamed I bought it mostly just to have a complete collection.

Hell, same. Or rather, I bought "The Complete Collection" on Steam (or Amazon maybe I can't recall) and went ahead and added it to my library because why not?

I played it for like 30 minutes and was like "...huh", and then proceeded to never touch it again.

SONIIIC! SHUT YOUR FUCKIN' MOUTH YOU oval office!

SHUT IT!!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Yes, only because I came to this twice-

Barudak posted:

I want to go fast!!!

You were fastest!

Sent PMs to both. Thanks guys!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I got my official Sonic fan card today. You aren't a true fan without one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've got the urge to play SA2 for the first time in 15 years, it's currently in sale on PSN for cheap but the you need to buy DLC to add the Battle content, is there any point getting it if you just want to play through the main game?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Evil Eagle posted:

Your favorite character is the best character.

I just recorded a semi-let's play thing with a friend to try and settle a longstanding argument that Sonic CD is a good game. I dunno how good my argument is gonna be though because I got stuck in a spring thing in Stardust Speedway twice lol. I wonder if it's because I was playing it on a romhack that added a Sonic 2 spindash or something.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Evil Eagle posted:

Gotta do those missions tho

I don't think I remember any of the missions actually being good, but it's been a while

get yourself a sonic cd card pattern, bro

VVVVV Just hold forward and jump at the red/white tip of the ramps

Ventana fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 28, 2017

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The one mission I remember in DX was the one I could never complete. It involved doing some sort of special high jump off a ramp during the snow boarding sequence. I tried for hours but could never get the timing down to pull it off. Whatever that last Game Gear game was I never got the chance to play it.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Where can I get one of those cards?
I'd love try and S-Rank all S1 through 3K :)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

How do you get one of those?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Judging by the fact that his face is a mii, and the scanlines on the screen, I'm thinking it's a lost world or Wii-u version of SASASRT thing.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

How do you get one of those?

It's part of Sonic Generations 3DS, I picked it up since it was on sale last week. It doesn't compare to the HD version but it was a lot better than I expected it to be.

Ventana posted:

Gotta do those missions tho

I don't think I remember any of the missions actually being good, but it's been a while

get yourself a sonic cd card pattern, bro

If they unlocked without using play coins or playing for hours on end, I would. As for the other thing I tried but no one is playing this 2011 3DS game online any more unfortunately

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Just got my first Android phone in a while, and is Sonic CD not in the store anymore? I can't find it. Feels good to have Sonic 1 and 2 again though and Sonic 4 :unsmigghh:.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 28, 2017

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Just got my first Android phone in a while, and is Sonic CD not in the store anymore? I can't find it. Feels good to have Sonic 1 and 2 again though and Sonic 4 :unsmigghh:.

Does this work?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.soniccd

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I had to download it off of Amazon Underground, but it was free.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Sonic CD has been off the store for a while now. Hopefully Christian Whitehead has just been too busy with Sonic Mania to update it. I really hope it's not going to get roped into the Sega Forever scheme but they've already slapped an ad layer over Sonic 1 so I'm not optimistic.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
What's the best 3DS Sonic game? Everybody talks bad about the Sonic Boom games, Lost World looks terrible, and I already have completely exhausted Sonic Generations on PC. Is the 3DS one a different game, or just the same game with trimmed down content?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's a completely different game, the only shared stage is Green Hill and even it has different stage layouts. It's very short but it's not too bad.

Lost World 3DS is ok but the real version is way better.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Twerk from Home posted:

What's the best 3DS Sonic game? Everybody talks bad about the Sonic Boom games, Lost World looks terrible, and I already have completely exhausted Sonic Generations on PC. Is the 3DS one a different game, or just the same game with trimmed down content?

Sonic Generations 3ds is basically Sonic Rush 4, with Colors ds being Sonic Rush 3. Take that as you will. It's rendered in 3d, and Modern Sonic moves into and out of the Z plane, but never under your direct control.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 28, 2017

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

All Sonic games on 3DS are poo poo, except the ones which are ports obviously.

Uh, the Boom ones might be ok actually.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Stink Terios posted:

All Sonic games on 3DS are poo poo, except the ones which are ports obviously.

Uh, the Boom ones might be ok actually.

OK so I'm supposed to buy Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

OK so I'm supposed to buy Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal?

Fire & Ice is the only Sonic Boom game that's even halfway decent in my opinion (though that's not saying much). Mostly because it's the only one that actually tries to be a Sonic game. Shattered Crystal has levels that go on way too long even when you're going through them normally and it forces you to hunt through them for collectables in order to progress and Rise of Lyric is a crappy attempt at an adventure style game that somehow makes Sonic 06 look fun by comparison.

Fire & Ice on the other hand, is just a standard (though a bit barren) platformer where aside from a few levels early on you don't have to use the character switching mechanic at all and collectibles are only useful for unlocking stuff in the multiplayer mode, which kind of makes it the best game in the series by default.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 28, 2017