Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I can't see where they are going with One. It's like the writers are itching to kill him off but he has an ironclad contract forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah, it's especially apparent later in the show.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Android definitely seems a little colder, in a "secretly evil" kind of way. But then there's stuff like the casserole scene where she seems like her old goofy self, so I wonder if it's just an acting choice.

This was the best Android moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=662m47QM9zM

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Here is the Dark Matter after show, After Dark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Er-bJ_NGUs

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Welcome To The Revolution

After receiving a distress call from a former associate, the crew of the Raza find themselves in the middle of a colony’s fight for independence.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

DarklyDreaming posted:

The secret ingredient is basil

And love

But mostly basil
The robot is the best character.

etalian posted:

noble space japan is amazing
Amazingly dumb.

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe I need to skim through the last episode of last season because I was totally lost at the beginning.
That was a really weird way to start a season. By the end of the episode I was up to speed again (I think) but yeah, for the first... half? of the episode I just had no idea what was going on.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of weird how they keep temporarily writing him off the show, since they did the same thing last season with his injuries.

Also I don't know if they actually killed that General guy or you're supposed to assume he was just in a clone body.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I mean look he has like 14 other shows he needs to guest star in.

Also apparently they needed people to replace Nyx and the doctor.

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 17, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Its kind of weird how they keep temporarily writing him off the show, since they did the same thing last season with his injuries.

Also I don't know if they actually killed that General guy or you're supposed to assume he was just in a clone body.

Roger Cross cannot be contained to just one show!

I assume the General was the real person or they would've said / showed he was a rapid transit clone.

GreenNight posted:

I mean look he has like 14 other shows he needs to guest star in.

Also apparently they needed people to replace Nyx and the doctor.

I wonder if new Tabor and not Nyx will be better than junkie doctor and Nyx. I mean, it would be pretty hard to be worse.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

When clone bodies die they turn to dust. He didn't.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I assume the General was the real person or they would've said / showed he was a rapid transit clone.

Which would be weird, because wasn't the General's big thing that he was super-paranoid and always used clones?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So I guess the only point of the recent episode was Roger Cross Escapes This Show?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

etalian posted:

So I guess the only point of the recent episode was Roger Cross Escapes This Show?

He's gonna Roger Cross his way around five other shows that are filmed in Vancouver then come back in three episodes or so. It's what he did last season

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DarklyDreaming posted:

He's gonna Roger Cross his way around five other shows that are filmed in Vancouver then come back in three episodes or so. It's what he did last season

he has a monopoly on starring in cheesy canadian science fiction shows.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

GreenNight posted:

Here is the Dark Matter after show, After Dark:

I was so prepared to trash this and the coming up countdowns were mildly off putting but I actually enjoyed it. Anthony Lemke weirded me out because in real life he's dweeby and nothing like 3. (I know I shouldn't be surprised that actors aren't like their characters, but come on.) The set design was awesome. As a teenager I wanted to work in make up and set design but had no idea how to do that and went down an entirely different path. I made the wrong choice.

Back to the show, I just don't know where they are going. The character development and plot are complicated beyond what one would expect from the writing in general. One is .. what? Dead, alive? Is he part of the show? I don't know. Six is the moral center then is pushing to do small crimes then becomes rebel leader? In a way it makes sense because he's lost and is looking for purpose but ...? Two is a ruthless psychopath then touchy feely good girl. Android is just all over the place. Four and Five are both on a steady arc that makes sense. I am of two minds about it. I don't know if it's brilliant (probably not) or lost and searching.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think that's why they need aliens, fighting corporations is boring overall and that leaves them with having to focus on the immediate cast too much and their is barely anything there. More Stargate and less Battlestar Galactica.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

After Dark for ep3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWAtQelOPOI

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

wormil posted:

I was so prepared to trash this and the coming up countdowns were mildly off putting but I actually enjoyed it. Anthony Lemke weirded me out because in real life he's dweeby and nothing like 3. (I know I shouldn't be surprised that actors aren't like their characters, but come on.) The set design was awesome. As a teenager I wanted to work in make up and set design but had no idea how to do that and went down an entirely different path. I made the wrong choice.

Back to the show, I just don't know where they are going. The character development and plot are complicated beyond what one would expect from the writing in general. One is .. what? Dead, alive? Is he part of the show? I don't know. Six is the moral center then is pushing to do small crimes then becomes rebel leader? In a way it makes sense because he's lost and is looking for purpose but ...? Two is a ruthless psychopath then touchy feely good girl. Android is just all over the place. Four and Five are both on a steady arc that makes sense. I am of two minds about it. I don't know if it's brilliant (probably not) or lost and searching.

It's Canadian. Self explanatory.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

All the Time in the World

Unbeknownst to the rest of the crew, Three has been trapped in a time loop, reliving the same day.

Hmm this seems like a certain SG1 episode. Written by the same guy even.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Android is the best character, Three is second best, so of course them doing a duet of Dominique is probably going to be the best thing this otherwise average show will ever produce :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Listen, Android has become unstuck in time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That was a fun episode. 3 and Android are definitely the best.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Android is the best character, Three is second best, so of course them doing a duet of Dominique is probably going to be the best thing this otherwise average show will ever produce :allears:

:agreed:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
A++, would watch again.

I have a soft spot for Groundhog Day episodes and this was a good one

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 24, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They missed an opportunity for Three to go completely nuts and make a smiley face out of ketchup and mustard.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

So you're saying they missed their window of opportunity?

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
I get the feeling that this show is just better at just doing inconsequential one-off episodes than serious, arc-heavy stuff, and Season 2 didn't have nearly enough of the former.

I've never found all the Corporate War shenanigans interesting in any way. It's not really clear what's actually at stake or why we should care, and I really don't think I do. I'd much prefer to watch them goofing around having silly Farscape-like adventures, which is what this episode seems to be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Basically the show needs to give up on making us care about 2 and just focus on 3 since he's pretty clearly the best actor of the bunch. Or at least the most fun to watch.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DarklyDreaming posted:

them doing a duet of Dominique is probably going to be the best thing this otherwise average show will ever produce :allears:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quick and dirty:

bts extended cut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ1LxOhOo84

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Basically the show needs to give up on making us care about 2 and just focus on 3 since he's pretty clearly the best actor of the bunch. Or at least the most fun to watch.

Yeah just shuffle her to the side kinda like what happened in Star Trek voyager with Cap Janeway and just make Android, Five, and Three the core of the show. With revolving Roger Cross of course.

Anyway really good episode and I hope we see goth android again before the show goes

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 25, 2017

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The time skipping sequence at the end was really familiar, especially since Andromeda had a similar concept for an episode (which I really enjoyed) but I just realized what made it so familiar: The scene with old 5 is a rehash of a scene from 1969.

Fun episode, and as a person who knows french hearing 3 speak french was fantastic.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I thought they were speaking pretty good French then I remembered they're Canadian. Makes perfect sense and they should do it more.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Can Of Worms posted:

The time skipping sequence at the end was really familiar, especially since Andromeda had a similar concept for an episode (which I really enjoyed) but I just realized what made it so familiar: The scene with old 5 is a rehash of a scene from 1969.

I was also a little reminded of Stargate Atlantis's "The Last Man".

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

When android was "at the end of time" with 5 and she mentioned they were somewhere that the stars are few and far between I got a bit of a Stargate Universe vibe.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I hope they go 15 seasons and we cover everything they listed.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Joe has said multiple times that the story ends with season 5. I'm sure it can be renewed past that, but that's what he has planned for.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Oh.

I see.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

FYI, I meant Joseph Mallozzi - writer/creator/showrunner.

Blog: https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Three and Android are the only remotely memorable characters on the show.

The rest of the cast seems to be miserable or disinterested in being in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

They all seem to be having a blast in the behind the scenes vids and pics.

• Locked thread