Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

My game starts booting and then immediately backs out and asks me how I want to share the app

I assume and hope this is just how a galaxy S5 deals with apps that aren't out yet

Pretty sure that's the "phone is rooted or developer options are on" behaviour on Samsung devices; I had the same thing on the Note 5 until I turned developer options off, after that it showed an in-game message saying "we're not ready yet".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I turned dev options off (they must be on by default) and now I'm getting the correct error message, thanks

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Decus posted:

FGO rates are actually good for getting characters you want, as you want them since it's apparently around .6% for an SSR on rate-up regardless of roster size and there are no other rolls to screw over their stats. Something like GBF, even with 6% rates on rate-ups, gives you .2%.

Yeah, I actually sort of want to try and find the :effort: to do a write-up on why Fuggo's gacha is actually one of the more generous ones in the market, and why that's something of a driver in the game being as successful as it is. The TLDR is this: the super-extra-rare chase waifus are very hard to get, and that's how they "get you", but the gacha's liability rate is actually shockingly low compared to its contemporaries. If you can live with not having your most precious waifu (at least immediately), the gacha will actually give you a lot of things to be satisfied with. That "1% 5* servant" thing is deceptive and only a small part of the equation.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FGO seems like it is helped tremendously by non-5*s actually being worthwhile instead of things you just throw in the drat trash.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, after playing as part of the JP launch, only to drop out after the emulator ban hit, I'll at least give it a shot again. Somewhat interested to see what all the QoL enhancements afterwards were about too.

Here's hoping I can have as much luck this time around as before. Hopefully can get Caster Tamamo and Scathach again when they release, though I'd like to pick up Jeanne this time as well. Alter of course released well after I was gone, though she's another highlight to pick up eventually.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
GBF Legfest is better for rate-up non limiteds, but worse for limiteds, as the rate is up is about .7% vs .35% out of a 6% overall SSR rate.

On the other hand, GBF also has surprise tickets (ticket any non-limited SSR you want for ~$25 USD). And if you save long enough you can grab almost anything you want thanks to the spark system.

GBF's gacha does have more chaff in it, but all SSRs are usable for something, either for getting duplicate currency or breaking them down for mats for other things. Generally it's about a 2:1 character to summon ratio in SSRs; all SSR weapons you can draw from the gacha come with a character at this time. Plenty of SRs are useable too (although there are non-character SR weapons, and SR summons are pretty much all garbage)

The real problem with 1% rates as it leads to high variance; not that 6% is much better, but I already routinely draw below 6% in gbf gacha, so I don't want to imagine trying to draw what I want in FGO gacha.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 26, 2017

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Decus posted:

Can also shortcut it if you have two devices, two emulator instances or an emulator and a device. You'd generate a bind code on one of them, enter it on the other and then try to access the first one again. Suddenly it removes your data without requiring you to re-download the entire game. If you want to save the bind code for somebody else though you'd have to generate it again on the second device and copy that down.

Tired Moritz posted:

ooooooh, does this really work? I'm so down with this.

Apparently the answer is no now. They must've changed the japanese version and thus likely the NA version to re-download the entire game now so wouldn't save any time.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
2 hr 50 odd minutes left

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
When rerolling for PAD at the start I remember I just had to delete the local content, is it the same for Grand Order or do I need to delete the entire app and re-download it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Evaluations on Silver servants of the Knight classes

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I knew Cu was good but not that good O_O I never used him after getting Bride/Zhuge/?? on JPN. What's a good side for him?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I knew Cu was good but not that good O_O I never used him after getting Bride/Zhuge/?? on JPN. What's a good side for him?
Do you mean CE? "Cause if so, Volumm Mercury (the Kayneth CE) makes him even more survivable, imaginary around (the ce of sakura in japanese clothing) increases his stargen and makes his np do more damage, and Young Maiden Ignorant of Love (the sola-ui in a dress CE) makes him able to pop his NP more and also increases his np damage and stargen.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Only one more hour until all of us make a terrible mistake!

Some people for the second time!!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

Do you mean CE? "Cause if so, Volumm Mercury (the Kayneth CE) makes him even more survivable, imaginary around (the ce of sakura in japanese clothing) increases his stargen and makes his np do more damage, and Young Maiden Ignorant of Love (the sola-ui in a dress CE) makes him able to pop his NP more and also increases his np damage and stargen.

Thanks for the pointers Endorph. You're always a helpful hand for games like these, much obliged :)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Only one more hour until all of us make a terrible mistake!

Some people for the second time!!

I'm here to collect waifus and perform repetitive screen tapping tasks.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the_steve posted:

I'm here to collect waifus and perform repetitive screen tapping tasks.

And I'm all burned out of my other repetitive screen tapping tasks.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
How hard is the server going to crash in an hour's time

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

How hard is the server going to crash in an hour's time

I'm hoping hard because if the west pops up loudly it'll be good for us in the long run.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Its not an FGO release unless the Google play page is filled with 1* reviews and complaints about potato server.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

EzEight posted:

Its not an FGO release unless the Google play page is filled with 1* reviews and complaints about potato server.

Do they mean servers powered by a potato, or servers that literally are a potato? :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Do they mean servers powered by a potato, or servers that literally are a potato? :v:

yes.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
And its downloading.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It seems like it's downloading, we missed the server crash everyone

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:getin:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Freaking downloading the slowest it ever has.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So is it safe to reroll on an emulator or am I gonna get banned for that?

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

So is it safe to reroll on an emulator or am I gonna get banned for that?

they didnt ban emulator accounts they just banned emulators so if you get a good one, bind it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Four is running, running, running...

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Woah! Heracles, Zughe and Carmilla!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
That is a loving dream team

I got a Vlad, Marie, and 2 Projection Magecrafts on my first set of rolls. I'm keeping this open for trade until I get tired of rerolling.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Crap just Liz, Proto Cu and Tamamo Cat. Guess I gotta reroll until I get my ex rank from my banned japanese account who got Waver and Vlad at the same time

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Oh neat, I got Tamamo Cat and Carmilla from the tutorial 10-roll! I didn't even realize you could get a second 4-star from that, but I'm not complaining.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I got Tamamo Cat and Stheno so if I can pick Elizabeth now I'm pretty satisfied

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like that the squirrel says 'gently caress you' a lot

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Am I supposed to understand what the hell happened in that first cutscene?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

I got Tamamo Cat and Stheno so if I can pick Elizabeth now I'm pretty satisfied

Got all three fron two rolls (after the free quartz) but I wanted a 5*...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hm. My Redmi 3S is experiencing a significant amount of slowdown when activating NPs.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

hm, drew Marie Antoinette and Le Chevalier d'Eon. I feel like if I want to be optimal I probably should reroll, but I don't think I'm going to bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gently caress yeah. Got Hercules and d'Eon from my initial pull.

Also got Medea, Kiyohime, and Ushiwakamaru.

Glad I don't feel the need to reroll. Do need to decide who I want from the actual selector, though.

EDIT: hahah, if the party setup tutorial afterward is any indication, d'Eon was my intended 4* and Herc just pure loving luck :allears:

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 26, 2017