Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
How exactly do the bonuses from "Beginning of the Journey" work? Should I have it set on my Party members or my Support members? Or both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can have it set in either, the effect goes through regardless of if the character is on point or not.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Well, I got Emiya, Rome, Fat Caesar, cu cu (prototype) and Boudica. Good?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

You can have it set in either, the effect goes through regardless of if the character is on point or not.

So if it's on a support does it also give me bonus FP when someone uses that support, or just the person using it?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My only 4*+ character from my tutorial and first rolls was Berserker. I guess that is grounds for rerolling? Also, I thought we were supposed to be able to pick a 4* tutorial roll character, but I did not see where to do that.

They haven't implemented the 4* you can choose yet. They'll get around to it.

Tired Moritz posted:

It's pretty bad, honestly. Buf if all you want is Emiya than it looks like you're set. Personally, since there will eventually be a 4* you can choose, and I'm planning on getting Emiya from that, I wouldn't be satisfied with that roll. At least a good 5* CE like Formal Craft or Kaleidoscope would be needed.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I'm already sitting on a 5* account, but there's no reason not to reroll like a complete madman right now. Even on a single device it's pretty quick and double 10 rolls mean you have a not insignificant chance of getting lucky as hell.

I'll make sure to share the love when I finally settle on an account to keep.

Tired Moritz posted:

Bad(ish), there's a grand total of one 4* Servant in there. Emiya is good, so if you want him, at least hang on to the bind code, but if it were me I'd keep fishing.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

So if it's on a support does it also give me bonus FP when someone uses that support, or just the person using it?

Both of you get the boosted FP

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Ruler Jeanne, Archer Emiya, good enough for me. Seeing awesome combat clips on twitter from friends playing the Japanese version, happy it's finally "here" (lol Europe).

A quick look around the internet says there's no need to reroll unless you're shooting hard for a character you want from whatever series or want a slightly easier start, nowhere near essential to get godly luck on pulls or have a lv1 dark souls playthrough hard time as with some mobile F2P.

Might as well gun for a 5er since it's just started and has bonuses though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh so the free 4* isn't live yet? In theory would this be something that if it were available would be given to you right out of the gate in the middle of this rerolling madness? I wonder if players who come in during that window and reroll a bunch would therefore have a leg up since they'd get an additional chance to grab a 4* in the same window.

Since this came out at Midnight on the east coast I won't be able to anything for ages :goleft:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Decided to keep the account with Cuchulainn/Emiya/Formalcraft. A couple of codes for grabs:

Seu23fea7y
Jeanne, Heaven's Feel (didn't note down which tutorial 4* I got here)

XSBet3ZUPT
Formalcraft, Tamamocat, Carmilla

CKEgR9v5hF
Kaleidoscope, Stheno

Password is 1111 for all of them.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
The translation/editing quality of this is almost impressively bad
I think my favorite problem is the blatant mistake in Saber Lily's intro line, the character they hand-picked as a gift for early players

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nate RFB posted:

Oh so the free 4* isn't live yet? In theory would this be something that if it were available would be given to you right out of the gate in the middle of this rerolling madness? I wonder if players who come in during that window and reroll a bunch would therefore have a leg up since they'd get an additional chance to grab a 4* in the same window.

Since this came out at Midnight on the east coast I won't be able to anything for ages :goleft:

I'm not sure I follow the logic. It's two guaranteed 4* regardless if you start now or later.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

My understanding is a lot of this translation had to be run by Type-Moon for approval, so cringey translation is probably as much if not entirely on them as it is on Aniplex.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

blizzardvizard posted:

Decided to keep the account with Cuchulainn/Emiya/Formalcraft. A couple of codes for grabs:

Seu23fea7y
Jeanne, Heaven's Feel (didn't note down which tutorial 4* I got here)

drat. Someone already took it and didn't say. Back to rerolling...

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
just so we're clear, there's no easy way to pound through the rerolling on an emulator? I went through some hoops on both nox and memu and neither let me go as far as opening the app and having it immediately crash. at least i've got an old potato phone to do double duty with!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Trihugger posted:

I'm not sure I follow the logic. It's two guaranteed 4* regardless if you start now or later.
Are players not going to get a free 4* on top of the two initial 10-rolls in the tutorial? That's what I thought people had just been saying in this thread, and that that free 4* was not live yet.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay, I got Emiya and Cu Cu again. And whoever Jing-ke is.

And a bunch of CE: verdant sound of destruction, projection, iron will training.

Maybe the summons arent that good but I think cucu/emiya can just carry me

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Conot posted:

My understanding is a lot of this translation had to be run by Type-Moon for approval, so cringey translation is probably as much if not entirely on them as it is on Aniplex.
There's a ton of plain poo poo editing, though. Like I'm pretty sure Saber Lily was supposed to say "please", not "plesase"

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Password for all of these is goons, please reply to this if you've take one.
Account1: Carmilla, Heaven's Feel, Limited/Zero Over, JjcrwDUT2y
Account 2: Hercules, Angel's Song (x2) z2eptqjK3H
Account 3: Carmilla, Martha, Angel's Song qn54Ve9X63
Account 4: Hercules, 15% up 4* cE for each card type. db9uG9UtpH
Account 5: Hercules, Lancelot, Verdant Sound of Destruction 7GEk3AGHvC

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Are players not going to get a free 4* on top of the two initial 10-rolls in the tutorial? That's what I thought people had just been saying in this thread, and that that free 4* was not live yet.

Yes, but you'll still get that 4* even if you start now and since it's a servant of your choice it won't affect your reroll decisions.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Yes, but you'll still get that 4* even if you start now and since it's a servant of your choice it won't affect your reroll decisions.
Oh OK, it was the "of your choice" part of that conversation that I was not aware of yet. I imagine that 99% of my confusion will be solved by just playing the drat thing and figuring it out as I go, at any rate.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I keep rerolling friggin' Carmilla. I don't want Carmilla

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

How do you add yourself to the Google doc? It isn't letting me add a row or anything when I open it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Got the same oddity with the doc. I'm 236,642,711 with Ruler Jeanne, hopefully I've done things right and she's set for a companion unit or whatev it's called.

e: so when you're satisfied with what you've got, like I am: Sit on the quartz until an update banner?

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 26, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Got an account with D'Eon, Altera and Liz, along with various CEs and 3*s I don't remember.
If anyone wants it:

zVFxnfNb4V

Password is 1111

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Edit: nevermind.

Psiwri fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 26, 2017

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I got altera so I can stop now. It was ~7 rolls so that's not too bad.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Round 9 got me an Altria + Stheno account with no real notable CEs but hey, may as well throw it out there anyway;

pz8sHg2j68
altno8

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So if I got Jeanne d'Arc I should stick with that account, right?

I probably will anyway, I hate rerolling.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
So you gain levels by shoving items into your servants?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay, I got Emiya and Cu Cu again. And whoever Jing-ke is.

And a bunch of CE: verdant sound of destruction, projection, iron will training.

Maybe the summons arent that good but I think cucu/emiya can just carry me

Jing Ke is the assassin who tried to kill Emperor Qin Shi Huang Di, the chinese Emperor who had the Great Wall built and the Stone Army.

Watch The Emperor and the Assassin , it's a pretty good movie.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I got a 5* item called Kaleidoscope and a 4* Deon (who looks sort of lame but whatev) on my first reroll. Everyone's talking about characters but I have no clue what to make of what gear is worth.

Is that good enough to start with if I don't care about waifu material because I have no idea who anybody is?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Kaleidoscope is one of the best ce in game. I would treat it as rolling a five star servant.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

So you gain levels by shoving items into your servants?

Spot on, and the Fou cards (the little dog-looking thing) increase a servant's max stats as well. Best to use them on the gold servants you'll be using a lot for best effect

Confirming that Kaleidoscope is great and keep-worthy. A lot of people rely on berserkers early on, and Kaleido fixes the glaring issue of them having horrible NP gain. Worth noting we will still get a free 4* servant of our choice later on, so you evenif you don't like the starter so much you'll have a chance to grab yourself a cooler servant

Miltith75
Oct 29, 2011
Here's the results from my rerolling. My first few rolls were luckier than my last few. I decided to go with a roll with D'eon, Tamacat, and Emiya as Altira is a bland 5* to get, I was hoping to get Waver but don't want to spend another couple of hours re-rolling.

Scoss posted:

I got a 5* item called Kaleidoscope and a 4* Deon (who looks sort of lame but whatev) on my first reroll. Everyone's talking about characters but I have no clue what to make of what gear is worth.

Is that good enough to start with if I don't care about waifu material because I have no idea who anybody is?

Thirding that Kaleidoscope is very good. The 80% NP start makes it excellent for farming teams that want to get their NPs off as soon as possible. I would attach it to a character with a AOE damaging NP, Saber Lily for example, for farming purposes or to a servant with a strong single target NP for when facing bosses and burst damage is required. The 4* Imaginary Around is also useful for those purposes, (60% NP) but in those cases it would preferably to have it on a character with a NP-boost skill as well. It is one of the CEs I wish I had both in this and the Japanese version.

Password is Fate for all of them.
#1 Elisabeth, Carmilla, D'eon,
Divine Banquet, Iron-will Training, Heaven's Feel, Be Elegant
AtdZP2MeJg

#3 Carmilla, Saber (Altira/Artoria)
Iron Wil Training, Be Elegent, Gem Magecraft, Primevil Curse
r27nQgtEyh

#4 Martha, Cu
Gem Magecraft x2, Imaginary Around, Projection
Zf9sZVfxAw

#5 d'eon
Imaginary around x2, Limited zero/over, iron will training, be elegant, verdant sound of destruction
xMuD6whCkc

#6 Siegfried, Marie
Angel Song, Projection x2, Be Elegant
mskSw5wb3b

#7 Tamacat, Cu
Angel Songx2, Projectionx2
6fgErRz7V6

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I never though getting Herc could be this hard... been rolling since release.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Working off of the available 1-4* ratings in the OP, and the list Endorph posted earlier, is there a rundown on these fellows since AFAIK they are also going to show up in these tutorial rerolls?

Medusa (Rider)
Boudica (Rider) **
Ushiwakamaru (Rider)
Alexander (Rider)
Medea (Caster)
Gilles de Rais (Caster) *
Mephistopheles (Caster)
Cu Chulainn (Caster) **
Jing Ke (Assassin)
Lu Bu (Berserker)
Darius III (Berserker)
Kiyohime (Berserker) **

Artoria [Alter] (Saber) *
Nero (Saber) *
Atalanta (Archer)
Lancelot (Berserker)

I assume it's not worth worrying about the **, since according to the Endorph post those are automatically given to you.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

EzEight posted:

I never though getting Herc could be this hard... been rolling since release.

Going to PM you a Herc/Vlad account.

Edit: You suck. No PMs. Let me know how you want to get the account info.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dang, saved my quartz hoping to nab Saber Alter after beating Fuyuki and got jack poo poo. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Here: somebody take this account with Herc, Liz and Limited/Zero Over
rxS3u7UVjx
Password: Fate