Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why is the MC such an rear end in a top hat to Olga? holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

olga is a huge rear end in a top hat first actually

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Nasuverse Magi are huge assholes in general so

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
As a tip for new players, the game tells you that you can tap onto an enemy to target that one instead. If you're having trouble with this, you can tap the ui element that has the enemy's hp and np charge to select a target instead. It will also highlight what you have targeted on the ui as well.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thank you Gacha gods...Now please allow me to get Jalter when she comes out and I'll literally never ask for another good pull again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

As a tip for new players, the game tells you that you can tap onto an enemy to target that one instead. If you're having trouble with this, you can tap the ui element that has the enemy's hp and np charge to select a target instead. It will also highlight what you have targeted on the ui as well.

you can also switch targets even after hitting attack

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So after a few rerolls I got what might be my first good set even if it doesn't have a 5* servant. It has Emiya, Robin Hood, Martha, Kaleidoscope and Heavens Feel. Im keeping the code, dont know if I should keep using it or hope for a better one still

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So after a few rerolls I got what might be my first good set even if it doesn't have a 5* servant. It has Emiya, Robin Hood, Martha, Kaleidoscope and Heavens Feel. Im keeping the code, dont know if I should keep using it or hope for a better one still
the top 3 best things in the game, even in the jp version, are waver, merlin, and kaleidoscopes.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Might as well:

3* Cu chu, Heracles - 2 Grandr, divine banquet, Antumbra
Fyg72EMYPc

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
should I level up the shielder? It's not going to be a waste or anything like that, right?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

So throwing this out here since I was rerolling for the hell of it. Here's an account with both Herc and Emiya but it's completely drained of it's starting quartz. Has a couple good CEs on it as well.

4HnurrSjnU == 1234

Berserker: Heracles, Archer: Emiya

Imaginary Element == 60% np gauge start
Gemcraft Antumbra == Increase crit strength by 25%
Divine Banquest == Increase np gauge gain by 25%

Reminder that Herc is the best one to pull from the tutorial gacha and Emiya is in practically all future events. So he'd get a bonus towards the event.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

should I level up the shielder? It's not going to be a waste or anything like that, right?
mash is average now but she gets upgrades as the story progresses and is insanely good by the chapters that are actually hard. and since she ascends automatically she's the exact opposite of a waste, you'll never blowing any mats on her or anything.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I got Marie Antoinette and Lily as my only 4 stars so I'll probably reroll, Marie is cute at least. Might not bother til I get home tho, since I somehow forgot my charger.

Meanwhile
https://twitter.com/GLFes/status/878946728388448256

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

So I rerolled until I got a Waver and ended up w/ Waver and Tamacat w/ a bunch of half decent CEs but no other servants worth mentioning. When they do the pick a 4* thing, should I get Herc or grab someone else because I already have a berserker?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

YamataNoOrochi posted:

So I rerolled until I got a Waver and ended up w/ Waver and Tamacat w/ a bunch of half decent CEs but no other servants worth mentioning. When they do the pick a 4* thing, should I get Herc or grab someone else because I already have a berserker?

You could get Emiya instead as well or Carmilla depending on if you want an Archer or Assassin.

Huh: Just rolled Herc for the first time. And he wasn't the guaranteed 4*

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Other than Kaleido, what are the top CE's you can hope for at the beginning already?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So Waver is obtainable at launch as well? Is there a reason he was not in that initial list? Not that it probably matters because even I know he's a keeper, I'm just trying to collect all the gacha Servants with Keep/Reroll/Shrug notes in a spreadsheet.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

So Waver is obtainable at launch as well? Is there a reason he was not in that initial list? Not that it probably matters because even I know he's a keeper, I'm just trying to collect all the gacha Servants with Keep/Reroll/Shrug notes in a spreadsheet.

Waver is a 5*. But yes he is obtainable at launch. The tutorial gacha is only a guaranteed 4* servant from a list of 10 4* servants. You can find this list and Endorph's recommendations in the OP.

If you're trying to get Waver, it would have to be after all of the tutorial stuff.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Despite saying I wouldn't, I did do a couple of rerolls and landed on what seems to be a bigger winner. After free roll and a quartz dump, I ended up with Emiya and Liz from my 4* roll, a couple of Cus, Robin Hood, ~Artoria~, and a Kaleidoscope.

So I'm glad my worst impulses were rewarded :v: I'll just grab Berserker whenever we get that 4* selector.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What am I missing about Craft Essences? I can't figure out how to equip them to Servants. Can you not do it until the game holds your hand through a tutorial about how to do it?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

New Leaf posted:

What am I missing about Craft Essences? I can't figure out how to equip them to Servants. Can you not do it until the game holds your hand through a tutorial about how to do it?

there's a little slot right below the servant on the party formation screen that you tap on

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Got an account with Herc, D'eon, and Kaleidoscope if anyone wants it.

gPqqtZynyh

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
So is there no way to back out of attacking after you hit the fight button?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Tae posted:

Okay so got all my free summons. I got questions on what they're supposed to.

-The free Lily
-Gilles De Rais/Saber
-x2 Chu Chlainn Prototype/Lancer
-Ch Chulain/Lancer
-Martha/Rider
-Hassan/Assassin
-Medea/Caster
-Lu Bu/Berserker
-Kiyohime/Berserker

Anyone? Do I just roll Chu, Martha, Kiyohime as my main party? Is there a point to have a party beyond the three?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Oh Snapple! posted:

there's a little slot right below the servant on the party formation screen that you tap on

Ahh nice, thank you!

Getting a 5-star right at the beginning is very limiting.. I can't wait to increase my party size.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tae posted:

Anyone? Do I just roll Chu, Martha, Kiyohime as my main party? Is there a point to have a party beyond the three?

There are multiple advantage triangles in the game, so there is always a point to having more than just 3 Servants, no matter how good.

Saber beats Lancer beats Archer beats Saber. Rider beats Caster beats Assassin beats Rider. Berserker is strong against all previously listed classes, but in turn is also weak to all of them. Shielder (Mash's class) both takes and deals reduced damage from literally everything in the the game.

Also, as the difficulty gets harder, it's not uncommon to lose frontline Servants, so you really want trained up back row ones as well.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Is there any reason for me to not do my 10 roll right now? I heard there might be a 5* rate up at some point. I already have Emiya, which was the main thing I wanted.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

InfinityComplex posted:

So throwing this out here since I was rerolling for the hell of it. Here's an account with both Herc and Emiya but it's completely drained of it's starting quartz. Has a couple good CEs on it as well.

4HnurrSjnU == 1234

Berserker: Heracles, Archer: Emiya

Imaginary Element == 60% np gauge start
Gemcraft Antumbra == Increase crit strength by 25%
Divine Banquest == Increase np gauge gain by 25%

I grabbed this one, thanks!

In return, here's my original one that has Emiya and Cu, as well as Martha if you want that.

JTtPMrsDBZ
Password is g0qw4zb1

Sorry for the long and nonsense password, it's a habit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm pretty sure the game is actively mocking me at this point by giving me double 4*s during the tutorial rolls.

Edit: Account with Carmilla, D'eon, Emiya, and a Limited/Zero Over CE.

egVKzQjH6P

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 26, 2017

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Should I be using/investing in the free 4* Saber, or Deon?

My newbie party is Lily Saber, Robin Hood, Cu Chulainn. I have no clue about putting together coherent parties beyond that I'm just trying to diversify my damage types.

Also, can I pretty much just go wild on the friend point summon?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
drat, this one is tempting.... Lancelot Berserker, Emiya Archer, Atlanta.

How is Lancelot, I've never had him on JPN.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How stingy is the game with experience cards? I've not really levelled anyone yet and have been letting a support Vlad carry me through Orleans, not sure who I want to bulk up first.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Lancelot is great and wrecks all the poo poo.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

C'mon game, cut me a break here. Well, here are some at least middling accounts in the meantime, should anyone be interested. PW is 1111, and just make sure to quote it if you take one.

yU5daGhAqQ:
Siegfried, Martha, Marie
Angel's Song, Be Elegant

xbpN77gJJf
d'Eon, Heracles
Angel's Song, Iron-Willed Training x 2, Projection, Divine Banquet, Gandr

Ndn58289AY
EMIYA, Marie
Be Elegant x 2, Gandr x 2

7Jzpx4YD1D
d'Eon, EMIYA
Heaven's Feel, Be Elegant x 2, Projection, Iron-Willed Training

YbGrdDs4tw
EMIYA, Stheno x 2
Gandr x 2, Be Elegant, Projection, Divine Banquet, Primeval Curse

C8Mmvy6EvS
EMIYA, Carmilla
Gandr, Iron-Willed Training, Divine Banquet

9Pwc3q7JTt
Martha, Elizabeth
Limited/Zero Over, Formalcraft, Projection

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pierson posted:

How stingy is the game with experience cards? I've not really levelled anyone yet and have been letting a support Vlad carry me through Orleans, not sure who I want to bulk up first.

The daily quests give enough if you farm them. Also, the 30AP XP Daily is the besy way to farm Mana Prism for the Shop (by burning silver XP cards).

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So I'm guessing it's more QP efficient to use up multiple EXP cards at once? Since it seems like the QP cost is only based on the Servant's current level.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CmtBnZBEPB (PW: Fate)
Tamamo Cat, Carmilla, Heaven's Feel

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A pox upon the people who refuse to add a Skip button for summoning animations.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

A pox upon the people who refuse to add a Skip button for summoning animations.

Try tapping the screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

If you're not interested, I would be. Atalanta is a goal of mine. (Are you planning to do more than one account? Waver Herc is pretty good from earlier.)