Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Armitage posted:

Looking forward to all the Type-0 4*s on Friday!

At least King's Resolve TM is nice to have. 7% MP regen's a decent enough reward for pulling 20 of the time-wasting rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Check the summon simulator for it to see how often you can pull Delita and Ace.

Post-Enhancement Ace is one of my very, very best mans now. I got my first Nuclear Launch Detected hit today... good god.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
From my daily 1/2 price, I got a trust moogle for Moonblade. I think the game is preparing me for 5* disappointment already.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I'm really hoping for Wilhelm, Marie, or a second Fryevia. I wouldn't be mad at an Orlandeau since I have a full set of gear and TMs I can just transplant from Noctis. I'll probably end up getting Rem or something since I already have a stable of great healers.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

It's a shame that those aren't actually worth doing. Those are always 24h, have a miserable success rate. Alternatively you could do 2 12h energy bottle ones, get 20 energy, and TM macro yourself 0.2% on people, and get more relics and a higher success rate.

But yes, I did one too because OMG MOOGLE.

They really needed to increase the payout on the relics that's for certain. Just scaling them so evenly based on time and difficulty is dumb.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hamsystem posted:

I'm really hoping for Wilhelm, Marie, or a second Fryevia. I wouldn't be mad at an Orlandeau since I have a full set of gear and TMs I can just transplant from Noctis. I'll probably end up getting Rem or something since I already have a stable of great healers.

I will be completely astonished if I get anyone except for Delita or Lightning.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

I opened up some spots if anyone needs an extra whale-ish friend. This is an old picture, but I have lots of strong units/TMs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Skyridge posted:

I just realized I think I have everything for a full best-in-slot Olive. Is there a better accessory for her than Bracer? How does that compare to Celestial Gloves?

Once the next(?) FF3 event rolls around we'll get Desch who is a 4* base unit with a +45 atk TMR, but until then the +30 atk stuff like bracers are the best for Olive.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I will be completely astonished if I get anyone except for Delita or Lightning.

I'm expecting a 2nd Delita, 3rd Queen, or maybe Lightning.

I would be more than ok with a 2nd Orlandu, Olive, or Fryevia though. Praying for Ramza but I know it isn't going to happen.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Nuebot posted:

A single 24 hour one for a moogle doesn't seem bad. Hell, even the week long 150 requirement for the S rank isn't that bad. I'm already up to 80 and I forgot to check my explorations all day.

It's a 1% moogle, though. (the 24h expedition)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So yeah, it just kind of dawned on me that I don't have enough of the story characters to actually do the equipment trials. Oh well. Have Fina, Rain and Lasswell at 6*/100 and Lid at 5*/80. I'm like halfway through Olderion, so I should be good to give them a shot once I get Nichol. I do have a few more things to get from the crossover event, but I should be able to manage if I get a few metal gods.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Echophonic posted:

So yeah, it just kind of dawned on me that I don't have enough of the story characters to actually do the equipment trials. Oh well. Have Fina, Rain and Lasswell at 6*/100 and Lid at 5*/80. I'm like halfway through Olderion, so I should be good to give them a shot once I get Nichol. I do have a few more things to get from the crossover event, but I should be able to manage if I get a few metal gods.

If you have some good TMs, you really only need Rain, Laswell, and Fina to heal. Since those are all capped, you can easily run the event. If you have a Sakura that would help a lot too with 20% damage reduction.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

arisu posted:

If you have some good TMs, you really only need Rain, Laswell, and Fina to heal. Since those are all capped, you can easily run the event. If you have a Sakura that would help a lot too with 20% damage reduction.

I mean I literally can't because I only have 4 story characters. :v:

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Oh haha. Can you not start the fight with just 4?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cartoon Man posted:

This is Rikku's shopping list for Friday.

Lucky seedlings :smithicide:

At least I can buy them from King Mog. Just memories of running awakening quests for like a week solid for 2 Setzers.

BDawg posted:

From my daily 1/2 price, I got a trust moogle for Moonblade. I think the game is preparing me for 5* disappointment already.

I got Delita yesterday for my daily with a Deathbringer moogle. I don't have DKC. :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

arisu posted:

Oh haha. Can you not start the fight with just 4?

Oh, you totally can, I'm an idiot. However, Donchu is an rear end in a top hat and just murdered Lid with his fire damage counter.

There a trick to Frigid Swordsman? He's kind of kicking my rear end.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 26, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Oxybeles posted:

Post-Enhancement Ace is one of my very, very best mans now. I got my first Nuclear Launch Detected hit today... good god.

The screen turns so red when that happens, I freaked out the first time.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Echophonic posted:

Oh, you totally can, I'm an idiot. However, Donchu is an rear end in a top hat and just murdered Lid with his fire damage counter.

There a trick to Frigid Swordsman? He's kind of kicking my rear end.

He uses Concentrate at the end of his turn which needs to be dispelled. Make sure you hit him with Dispel (some Espers give it, you can also craft it if you get the recipe, or the Aura Staff also gives it), Finger Snap (Odin can give it or Lasswell gets it innately), or throw a Holy Torch on him that you can buy in town. This'll remove breaks too so make sure to reapply Undermine. Jake also learns Break Style which is a -45% ATK debuff which is better than the -30% debuff from Undermine if you wait until he joins and you get him to 5* max level. Apply both Break Style and Undermine so you can debuff his DEF too. Make sure you cheer with Fina too for the DEF buff.

Also bring fire weapons. The dude resists ice so Lasswell shouldn't be using any of his ice elemental attacks. Rain's sword and the Vernard from the current event should cover weapons nicely.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Scrublord Prime posted:

He uses Concentrate at the end of his turn which needs to be dispelled. Make sure you hit him with Dispel (some Espers give it, you can also craft it if you get the recipe, or the Aura Staff also gives it), Finger Snap (Odin can give it or Lasswell gets it innately), or throw a Holy Torch on him that you can buy in town. This'll remove breaks too so make sure to reapply Undermine. Jake also learns Break Style which is a -45% ATK debuff which is better than the -30% debuff from Undermine if you wait until he joins and you get him to 5* max level. Apply both Break Style and Undermine so you can debuff his DEF too. Make sure you cheer with Fina too for the DEF buff.

Also bring fire weapons. The dude resists ice so Lasswell shouldn't be using any of his ice elemental attacks. Rain's sword and the Vernard from the current event should cover weapons nicely.

Didn't really consider the Dispel, thanks! Just cleared it on my first try after swapping Siren onto Lid. Opened with Cheer/Sunbeam, then had Fina using Curaja, Lid using Dispel, Rain (with the Crimson Saber/Bowie Knife) using Undermine, and Lasswell (with my DW of Vernard and a Genji Blade) using Blade Flash.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

since i got that second ramza the other day i am fairly sure my guaranteed 5* is gonna be third ramza.

also i got another gold on half price today which was soleil, i literally can't remember the last on banner gold crystal i've gotten. all of my rainbows have been off banner too which is sort of weird but there have only been six but i dont think ive gotten an on banner gold since i pulled my two kings

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Come on, 4th Luneth! Cut Through can chain with itself, right? Oh...

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I guess if anyone was thinking of trying out the JP version, they just received a 5* EX ticket & 30 summon tickets, I assume as some anniversary promotion.

Edit: Looks like 10m download celebration.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
One thing I'm liking about expeditions is that it has been a decently steady source of holy crystals, generally 1-3 a day. Which isn't a lot on the surface, but it is a steady stream that will add up over time.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, I always enjoy getting more sacred/holy crystals without spending energy :toot: I just wish it would quit giving me obnoxious A/S rank 12hr/1d expeditions.

I saw the new cactuar dunes was up and gave it a shot. 30 energy for 3 gigantaurs, 1 king minituar, then 2 king minituars for the third round isn't bad (plus the easy 50 lapis). It isn't as good as 1200 (including the +200% bonus) crimson ore for 12 gigantaurs for 25 energy but better than old Pro.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
luckily i still have more king minitaurs than i know what to do with so can ride that out for a while

but here's hoping the next banner gets me good stuff

now i'm just lapis grinding out some more tms

have people been buying out the giancrysts from king mog? they're the only real thing i have left to buy, but it doesn't really seem like any of the enhancements i'm really waiting for (e.g. ramza) will be coming anytime soon, so i'm wondering whether i should even bother getting more crimson ore

bought the power and support ones already anyways

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Cry Havoc posted:

luckily i still have more king minitaurs than i know what to do with so can ride that out for a while

have people been buying out the giancrysts from king mog? they're the only real thing i have left to buy, but it doesn't really seem like any of the enhancements i'm really waiting for (e.g. ramza) will be coming anytime soon, so i'm wondering whether i should even bother getting more crimson ore

From my limited experience it seems the king mog events can vary wildly in mileage, better to get as many now when the goings good right?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm waiting for a final total of ore before deciding what to do with it but it'll probably go into power or support giantcrysts. I've had good luck with Metal Gods if not on the banner and with all the good and essentials bought I still have ~35k right now. I've been using energy to finish up story, old explorations, quests, and vault key stuff so besides the 3 daily clears of the BF dungeon I'll probably pick up a giantcryst and spend the rest shoring up on 6* mats.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I'm waiting until I see what my new 5* is going to be before deciding what to do for awakening mats.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I love seeing an opposing arena team like this go first:

And the only ability used was Blade Bash. Go figure. But I'll gladly take that win any time.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cry Havoc posted:

Power/Support/Tech are the most generically useful ones. I'm having to get Black because all T.Terra's use those for some reason. Also may as well farm up everything while you have such a good bonus, really.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I just wrote down all the ability crysts I would need for my current units, and it's overwhelmingly Power and Support. A couple White, Black, Green and Healing, but it mostly seems to be the first two.

It's really too bad you can't get both in one chamber.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Finally got caught up on vault keys. Thanks half NRG!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i cant complete the very first vault because i got one of the vault keys bugged out and support doesnt give a poo poo

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

hamsystem posted:

Finally got caught up on vault keys. Thanks half NRG!

I should do that be fore half energy goes away.

I've just been wasting all this on TM farming.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So the guaranteed 5* 10+1 summon will be 5000 Lapis, that's not terrible.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Getting mighty close to the end of June for the whole "6* WOL will be in June thing."

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CyberLord XP posted:

Getting mighty close to the end of June for the whole "6* WOL will be in June thing."

I've received two more in the last three days for my daily pulls so I think they are openly mocking me at this point.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CyberLord XP posted:

We didn't get an in game ad for the FFX banner either. They probably didn't want to have 10 in game announcements on the same day, so hopefully it gets announced tomorrow alongside FFX.

Or we've been trolled.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Gumi would never troll us about new ways to take our money, don't be ridiculous.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

In celebration of our fantastic game's one year anniversary we've decided to postpone the FFX event and the WOL six star awakening! Instead we are proud to announce the global exclusive FOURTH Final Fantasy Type 0 event! Each week in July you can revisit the previous Type 0 events leading up to the fourth event at the end of the month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Succeeded on my 60% S rank for the Moogle. Failed on a 90% B rank for burst pots.

These expeditions: :argh:

• Locked thread