Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phanatic posted:

When that bookstore actually severed their relationship with the show, the letter they posted shows why satire is dead:

Could have just said "It's too expensive for us to keep doing this." But no, gotta get weird with it.

lol @ bragging about being in the black part of fuckin Portland jfc

and the lowercase "white" and capitalized "Black" when describing ethnicities is weird as gently caress to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

How do you even go about getting out of that? How does it get enough speed to fly horizontally again?

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

beato posted:

How do you even go about getting out of that? How does it get enough speed to fly horizontally again?

I imagine they make the propeller go faster and then level it out in the air?

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Apply full power, gain enough altitude that you could let it start falling, it would turn towards the weighted end (Front, engine is there), and start gaining forward momentum, then pull up into level flight.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

beato posted:

Slow tip forward to gain horizontal speed, while maintaining vertical lift, until your flying traditionally, with air flow over/under the wings are producing your lift, instead of your propellers.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fire the booster rockets

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Facebook Aunt posted:

There's got to be a better way!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

It's the same concept as the V-22 osprey except without killing everyone on board.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

The tail is reinforced so they can land on it, duh :rolleyes:

:krad:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Boner Zone posted:

lol @ bragging about being in the black part of fuckin Portland jfc

and the lowercase "white" and capitalized "Black" when describing ethnicities is weird as gently caress to me

They're racists, that's why

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They're not racist, they have historically black friends.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Good to know fish respect "keep off grass" signs

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

loving LOST GENERATION :argh:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

too soon

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

lol nice sepia filter, loser

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I call shenanigans on this because the E.T. VHS had macro encryption so it was almost impossible to record to or dub the tape. It even had a green colored back flap on the VHS itself to visually distinguish itself from other non-copy protected VHS tapes.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

My Sir, do not tell me to smile/
If you stay now, it will be worth your while/
I've received numbers beyond your dial/
Perhaps I am one so versatile/
Style, as well as the profile

SomeJazzyRat has a new favorite as of 23:09 on Jun 26, 2017

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

ruddiger posted:

I call shenanigans on this because the E.T. VHS had macro encryption so it was almost impossible to record to or dub the tape. It even had a green colored back flap on the VHS itself to visually distinguish itself from other non-copy protected VHS tapes.

Record from, yes, but Macrovision encodes noise into the vertical blanking video. Wouldn't writing to a macrovision-protected tape just record right over that along with the actual data?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Phanatic posted:

Record from, yes, but Macrovision encodes noise into the vertical blanking video. Wouldn't writing to a macrovision-protected tape just record right over that along with the actual data?

Not to mention that if this somehow doesn't work (and I don't see why it wouldn't), you could just disassemble the cassette and replace the magnetic tape.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Random Stranger posted:

Not to mention that if this somehow doesn't work (and I don't see why it wouldn't), you could just disassemble the cassette and replace the magnetic tape.

Nah. Microcharges rigged to blow if the seal is broken.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Strudel Man posted:

Nah. Microcharges rigged to blow if the seal is broken.

Sounds like my ex-wife

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

For a second, I thought a hot wings place was hosting something DnD related, then I realized it's just written phonetically and I laughed.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

ruddiger posted:

For a second, I thought a hot wings place was hosting something DnD related, then I realized it's just written phonetically and I laughed.

That's a direct reference to the princess bride though

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Do you not know what the definition of phonetically is?

I though mawage was a type of mage or some other goofy DnD term until I realized you had to read it phonetically as it's pronounced.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ruddiger posted:

Do you not know what the definition of phonetically is?

I though mawage was a type of mage or some other goofy DnD term until I realized you had to read it phonetically as it's pronounced.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's a god drat Princess Bride quote Ruddiger. Stop this madness.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Idk, I undewstood wudiggew's post pwetty cweawly, sowwy bout youw bwoke bwains.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

It's a god drat Princess Bride quote Ruddiger. Stop this madness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr0hb0gc2eQ

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcArnepkhv0

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3odMTPuzLwY

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvQJh-nS9TI

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Only wuv twoo wuv can bwing us twogetha

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I basically just watch this movie on a weekly basis.

It's funny that both feature Cary Elwes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDhVH6RBJjk

still sexy imo

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean obviously ruddiger got that it was a Princes Bride quote, and he was obviously just saying that he had to read through it and think about how it would be pronounced to get the joke. Obviously. But then again he's also basically an angrier and more aggressive version of Mr Bibs so I say proceed with the dog piling.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

TheDarkOfKnight posted:

Bay City, MI from this weekend. Flood was crazy, several hundred roads closed across three counties. Got this picture from a coworker:

What a strange cat

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I love reverse image search

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

Chard posted: