Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

In my one game last night, our Riven went 0-5 in lane against Hard AD, no Boots J4. It was like BlueTeamRiven.av.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I had a Zac jungler rage at me because I solo killed a Dr Mundo while he was heading up to gank.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Riot doesn't want their players to realize how bad they actually are so there is no in-client way to see how many wins/losses of any game mode you have without playing a game of that mode.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

win loss ratio for normals does not matter as much because it is normals the game mode where you want to see how good ahri is at adc Pro Tip pretty fuckin bad

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

win loss ratio for normals does not matter as much because it is normals the game mode where you want to see how good ahri is at adc Pro Tip pretty fuckin bad

How about Annie adc, she has long auto range and self peel so?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Addamere posted:

One of the worst AS scores in the game and no steroids or AD scaling. Basically just bad Cait with gimmicky burst.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Addamere posted:

Dang, she's like a better version of Xayah if you think about it.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Annie auto range got nerfed a while back, she's not even a decent support pick these days.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Is Annie top still a thing or is it real bad

It always made sense to me for the same reason that old Ryze top was good but I dunno

Maybe cooldowns too long?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Annie top is worse than it was because you typically build a bunch of hp and cdr and used your e for defense and they nerfed e a bunch and it's basically just a worse swain and you actually oom pretty easily once you need to shove with w, but if you want to play it it's not terrible or nothing.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

pog boyfriend posted:

Season 3(2?) worlds (?) some Brazilian team almost rolled clg in like 15 minutes with ahri adc, they only lost in the end because they dove nexus and threw.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

rabidsquid posted:

i play low silver normals and those games are nothing like this

My normals mmr has gone from mid gold down to low bronze and back up again.
The only real difference is bronzies cant farm for poo poo, die a lot more and rage a little more.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

Is Annie top still a thing or is it real bad

It always made sense to me for the same reason that old Ryze top was good but I dunno

Maybe cooldowns too long?

Annie top is bad if the enemy jungler camps you. Squishy + No escape in a long solo lane = free win for a smart jungler.
She does fine in most 1v1s.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The main dif between silver and gold is the guy who windmill slams teemo top is marginally more likely to build appropriately instead of zerkers into nashors tooth into hurricane.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Herbotron posted:

Annie auto range got nerfed a while back, she's not even a decent support pick these days.

Annie is still one of 6 champs that has higher than 550 range at level 1.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

silver is like some guy named darren plays with his friend pardeep the chill indian guy and darren and pardeep get drunk one time and rationalize darrens infinity edge darius top is easily plat level but he keeps losing games because noobs dont ban kat so pardeep goes ap carry kayle support so he can ult darius

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pog boyfriend posted:

i accidentally locked in adc runes and masteries ahri mid before, bc i rarely play sober i get to pick 2 out of 3 in summoners, runes, and masteries and get those right but this was the rare game i went 0 for 3 and just played gunblade ahri and it was good because ahri is so good you pretty much cant gently caress up with her at all

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rabidsquid posted:

ahri and it was good because ahri is so good you pretty much cant gently caress with her at all

:hai: the doleful cry of many whose waifu spurns them

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I kinda wanna run the numbers on adc runes on midlaners. Like if you plan on going all in at like the level 1-3 area you're going to win everytime, the real question is whether or not it's worth it past that mark.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

I kinda wanna run the numbers on adc runes on midlaners. Like if you plan on going all in at like the level 1-3 area you're going to win everytime, the real question is whether or not it's worth it past that mark.

would it not presumably depend heavily on base ad? back in the day heimerdinger had the highest starting ad of any ranged champion, and i imagine he would get less bang for the buck (percentage) advantage from some flat ad than someone with less

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

would it not presumably depend heavily on base ad? back in the day heimerdinger had the highest starting ad of any ranged champion, and i imagine he would get less bang for the buck (percentage) advantage from some flat ad than someone with less

no because having huge loving autos when everyone has like 600 hp makes you terrifying in lane and you have incredibly zoning potential you canleverage into all ins or a cs lead

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Yeah adc runes are good on anyone because it's just good auto trading + last hitting. It's not like adcs are running lifesteal still.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yea at my garbo elo i got probably three kills before the other guy figured out something was up but i imagine at just about any elo having 30 more ad and a bunch more attack speed will at least get you one all in kill at level 1 or level 2. my adc rune page also has mana regen blues on it so it wasnt all bad. you just need to not be a coward who runs mr blues and runs attack speed and mana regen instead

i actually dont think lunas idea is that bad, its sort of the foundation on which mid lucian works to get his lead

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The major issue with ADC runes as I understand it is that most midlane champions need to hit AP breakpoints to be able to reliably do things like kill backline creeps in a single combo, and not having that makes it much harder to shove and roam. It might not be bad if you're willing to commit to a level 3 all in, but it seems high risk.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Maybe giving Zac 3 brain dead easy hard CC moves wasn't a good idea???

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vermain posted:

The major issue with ADC runes as I understand it is that most midlane champions need to hit AP breakpoints to be able to reliably do things like kill backline creeps in a single combo, and not having that makes it much harder to shove and roam. It might not be bad if you're willing to commit to a level 3 all in, but it seems high risk.

thats what dorans rings are for

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Work Friend Keven posted:

Yeah adc runes are good on anyone because it's just good auto trading + last hitting. It's not like adcs are running lifesteal still.

I wanna say some Draven players swear by a lifesteal quint or so but you can probably get away just using standard poo poo for him too.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I played like 100 games of Rakan before watching Aphro play him and went "ohhh. Well that's how to play him." Here's one result http://plays.tv/video/59519dd5456d322015/thank-you-aphro

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
8 yellows
38 minutes and 113, 152, 159, 26, 176 cs
Nami Zhonyas
AP Ez with merc treads level 14
Jhin jungle with ghost and zhonyas

dude i think you should just start a new account because that one if obviously just so far underwater that you'll never have a quality game unless you win every single game on it for like a year straight

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Posting these images has actually gotten me a couple of friend invites from people who want to experience the Wood Tier insanity for themselves. :)

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

8 yellows
38 minutes and 113, 152, 159, 26, 176 cs
Nami Zhonyas
AP Ez with merc treads level 14
Jhin jungle with ghost and zhonyas

dude i think you should just start a new account because that one if obviously just so far underwater that you'll never have a quality game unless you win every single game on it for like a year straight

You're wrong as gently caress, every game on that account is quality.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

even when i have to fill in roles for other people we lose.. im 7-1 as teemo but our akali is 4-9 with 45 cs at 20 minutes and lee sin has been standing in base typing at her for the last 5 minutes

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I'm the 9 yellow trinkets blah blah blah but look at that top lane Kayle.

Wood tier is basically the wild west.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Boxman posted:

I'm the 9 yellow trinkets blah blah blah but look at that top lane Kayle.

Wood tier is basically the wild west.

I respect that Kayle. 0/0/18 is a loving solid score, especially on 26 team kills.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Yo how the hell do you get games like that. I want games like that.

This is what my bronze games look like. They're all really boring and standard.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I respect that Kayle. 0/0/18 is a loving solid score, especially on 26 team kills.

Seen a couple of those lately, usually premade with yis. I dunno though, seems like a waste of a perfectly good toplane Kyle, it's not like you can't ult at 40% cdr with the standard build.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Aumanor posted:

Seen a couple of those lately, usually premade with yis. I dunno though, seems like a waste of a perfectly good toplane Kyle, it's not like you can't ult at 40% cdr with the standard build.

He presumably gave up quite a bit of farm to Yi as well, the standard build wouldn't do much then.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
All you guys making fun of the Aatrox "Darkin blade" bullshit are going to love the new champ. He literally looks like someone stole 3 pages from a moody teenagers deviant art page and made one champ out of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

thebardyspoon posted:

All you guys making fun of the Aatrox "Darkin blade" bullshit are going to love the new champ. He literally looks like someone stole 3 pages from a moody teenagers deviant art page and made one champ out of them.

But will he be as utterly devoid of original ideas and good design as Aatrox?

• Locked thread