Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

cis autodrag posted:

is the cafe hollander there any good? ive been dragged to the one in madison a couple times and the food did not impress me. the beer selection was good though.

not that i care, im leaving this turd state in a couple weeks. only restaurants left on my farewell tour are a dirt nasty fishfry place and solly's.

It's fine, the food is good but not amazing at pretty much all the Cafes. Their main strength is all the booze variety and Cafe Benelux especially has really good Bloody Marys.

e:

Also I heard there was ball-base game chat ITT for top of page post

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Joey Freshwater posted:

Expand on this? Only thing I've heard that's an issue for parking is it's not right next to the stadium like it was at Turner, but they did the best with the space they had. It's a pretty dense area where the new stadium is so worst case you might have to walk a little to get to the stadium.

Basically, no private parking lots near the stadium except those owned by the team: http://deadspin.com/the-atlanta-braves-borrowed-their-parking-scam-from-dan-1783149400

cis autodrag posted:

I mean, they built that idiotic "the corners" mall+apartments just fine. I went to college at Carroll. Burn brookfield to the ground imo and take new berlin with it.

Town of Brookfield vs City of Brookfield. If it was going to be built in the city, you can bet your rear end there was not going to happen.

ThePeavstenator posted:

If the Brewers attempted to build a treehouse in Brookfield it would get voted down because then someone might see a piece of construction equipment. Or one of the construction workers may not be white and the concerned citizenry won't be able to immediately harass them by calling 3 squad cars from the speed traps they're sitting at.

Source: I grew up in Brookfield and worked construction/landscaping in high school and college.

How do you know a black person got pulled over on I-94? There's ten cop cars there.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

ThePeavstenator posted:

It's by the highway so they were able to get away with it. The literal plot to Parks and Rec took place when they tried to fill a giant abandoned quarry with some of the I-94 construction material and build a park there. It was defeated because some rear end in a top hat land developer wanted it for himself (and still has not bought it) and claimed that "there would be a dump truck every 30 seconds for weeks".

I went to said abandoned quarry a lot in HS (to secretly drink :ssh:). It's a beautiful place and I was loving pissed this didn't happen. Brookfield is definitely a NIMBY neighborhood. Well at least it'll remain the secret drinking spot of high school students until something legit happens to it.

quote:

I think The Corners was literally planned out as taking a chunk of the 3rd Ward, putting an underground parking lot underneath it because lol @ suburbanites walking anywhere, and then putting it in Brookfield so no one has to travel to a "dangerous" area for good restaurants. I went to the Cafe Hollander there and the front of the menu had a big notice on it (which is not present on the menus of the one downtown) that basically said "If you order a craft beer, you're getting it in a craft beer glass, it's going to have some head in the glass because that's how it's loving supposed to be poured and served, no we're not going to top it off so your cheap rear end feels like you got your full money's worth".

Lol people do this? Holy poo poo. My family was just as new to craft beer when that place opened as the next family and our reaction was the most :shobon: thing ever. Cafe Hollander is responsible for me understanding that there are actual good beers out there. Well, that and Spotted Cow until Spotted Cow got totally usurped by the craft beer revolution.

cis autodrag posted:

I mean, they built that idiotic "the corners" mall+apartments just fine. I went to college at Carroll. Burn brookfield to the ground imo and take new berlin with it.

Also went to Carroll and grew up in Brookfield. I personally found it to be a pretty nice place. If any place needs to get burned to the ground it's Elm Grove.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 26, 2017

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

iospace posted:

Basically, no private parking lots near the stadium except those owned by the team: http://deadspin.com/the-atlanta-braves-borrowed-their-parking-scam-from-dan-1783149400

Town of Brookfield vs City of Brookfield. If it was going to be built in the city, you can bet your rear end there was not going to happen.

How do you know a black person got pulled over on I-94? There's ten cop cars there.

The funny part is I can't tell if you're joking that there are 10 cop cars in Brookfield or that DWB traffic stops require a 10 squad car response. You can tell when something's going down when there isn't a cop setting a speed trap on every corner to fill their traffic ticket quota which honest-to-god is a thing for Brookfield cops.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

Ah yeah that is BS, I didn't know about that part. Seems like a hard overcorrect from not making any money off the lots at Turner.

e: lol at this comment

quote:

Interesting that the Redskins and Braves both have reservations about other people taking what’s their’s.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ah yeah that is BS, I didn't know about that part. Seems like a hard overcorrect from not making any money off the lots at Turner.

e: lol at this comment

They made money off the lots. They were supposed to share their profits, though.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

They made money off the lots. They were supposed to share their profits, though.

Not from what I've been told. The way I heard it was that Fulton County owned the lots and made the money off of them but they were supposed to funnel that money back into developing the area around the stadium and never did.

This was coming from a high-level braves employee not in corporate so it could have been BS but he's a good friend of the family so I hope it's not.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Walrus posted:

who is that woman who asks two questions halfway through? what a loving terrible person

It was Rosie DiManno if anyone else was curious. She's who I would have guessed anyway. Check today's column to see if she was able to turn his refutations of her blatant emotional quote mining into editorial gold! (she wasn't)

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs will be in first in the NL Central by the time June ends BOOK IT. :colbert:

Hmm...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ThePeavstenator posted:

The funny part is I can't tell if you're joking that there are 10 cop cars in Brookfield or that DWB traffic stops require a 10 squad car response. You can tell when something's going down when there isn't a cop setting a speed trap on every corner to fill their traffic ticket quota which honest-to-god is a thing for Brookfield cops.

I poo poo you not every time I see someone who is black pulled over on I-94, there's at least three cars there. If they're white? One.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
N: https://twitter.com/goldbergkc/status/879384550459285504

V: Zack Cozart's about to get a donkey. :getin:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

All-Star Voting would be legitimately more interesting if starters and relievers were included and not left to the coaching staffs

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

June's not over yet.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Looks like Smoak is going to the all star. I swear to god if you Saunders him....

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
In conclusion the Braves are racist and exploitative but only slightly and not vastly more so than the rest of American sports or culture as a whole. And that's the peg I hang my cognitive dissonance on. :downs:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ThePeavstenator posted:

traffic ticket quota which honest-to-god is a thing for Brookfield cops.

lol if you think this isn't honest-to-god a thing for all traffic cops

Fans are still dumb about Beltran who is now hitting 239/295/426 with a 97 OPS+ while playing mostly DH yet is ahead in the OF voting over teammate Josh Reddick who is hitting 298/354/496 with a 132 OPS+ and also playing very good defense and they're teammates so you can't even attribute it to Astros fans stuffing the ballot box

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 26, 2017

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

I'm unreasonably annoyed that Yonder Alonso is third in popularity contest for a game I don't watch or care much about.

He's second in the AL in wOBA!!!!!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Not from what I've been told. The way I heard it was that Fulton County owned the lots and made the money off of them but they were supposed to funnel that money back into developing the area around the stadium and never did.

This was coming from a high-level braves employee not in corporate so it could have been BS but he's a good friend of the family so I hope it's not.

The Braves leased the lots from the recreation authority but they collected the parking money directly and were supposed to pay back some of the profits to local non-profits when Braves games were going on.

There's a little bit about it in this article:

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/great-reads/turner-field-development/

quote:

The team gives 8.25 percent of its parking revenue—an average of $446,000 annually—which to date has added up to at least $7 million, according to the recreation authority

The team was also supposed to give 50% back to the authority when special events, or non-games, were held at the stadium but the authority is saying that the team paid less and it sounds like the sides are working on a settlement.

It's possible that the parking revenue was directed into a holding outside of "the team" by Liberty Media. Your source might not be wrong if he says that the "team" didn't make money off the parking but Braves Holdings, LLC, did collect money from parking because the deal with the recreation authority was that some of the profit would be redirected back to non-profits in People's Town and Summerhill.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
So now that I've bought mlb.tv in prep for leaving Wisconsin, what cool stuff should I know about in it and At Bat?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

cis autodrag posted:

So now that I've bought mlb.tv in prep for leaving Wisconsin, what cool stuff should I know about in it and At Bat?

The great feature of no ads, just a screen that says "COMMERCIAL BREAK IN PROGRESS".

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
When you install the app on a tablet or phone, set the video quality to only do HD over wifi.

Once a feed has started, you can bookmark that page to return to that team/feed everytime. It's nice to skip past mlb.tv's okay interface if you're just going to watch the same team and feed everytime.

You can share the login with a bunch of people or devices. I've had 3 devices playing simultaneously before. I'm sure they publish the login limit somewhere.

ThePeavstenator posted:

The great feature of no ads, just a screen that says "COMMERCIAL BREAK IN PROGRESS".

You can get ads for sure. They're selected by mlb and tend to be pushed at you during popular games like big matchups or weekend games. You can block them by turning on your ad-blocker after the video feed has begun.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I believe the login limit is 4 but don't share it with anyone who's gonna use a VPN to get around blackout restrictions, they've been very ban-happy over that recently.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

It comes with radio feeds through the At Bat app which are awesome when you can't really watch but can listen (which for me is basically "at work" which I know turns into "lol you're not getting any work done" but you might use them when you're driving since you're going to be out of market)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I'm not planning to share the account. Got in on the father's day sale anyway :)

Thanks for the tip about HD over wifi only.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Intruder posted:

It comes with radio feeds through the At Bat app which are awesome when you can't really watch but can listen (which for me is basically "at work" which I know turns into "lol you're not getting any work done" but you might use them when you're driving since you're going to be out of market)

Ah I forgot about this related item. My favourite part of atbat is how it makes sure everything you're doing is lined up together. Despite any realtime delays because of broadcast, network congestion, hitches, etc, atbat will make sure the radio feed lines up perfectly with the video feed and with gameday.

Just note that it only does this on a per-device basis. Sometimes plays are spoiled and the tension is zapped when my phone sends me a scoring update a few minutes before my computer feed gets to it :(

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i turned off the score updates because I watch every game but I usually watch on a delay because of work schedules. I had to do the same with Google now because it kept spoiling games.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm unreasonably angry that Ender isn't even in the top 15. He's having a hell of a season

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Also, browsers suck for watching MLB.TV, in the experience of me and many people I know. There is an app for MLB.TV available for PC and Mac and I recommend using that instead of your browser.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Yeah, what's cool about MLB.tv is you can pick either video feed, and use the TV audio, the associated radio feed, or you can just do "park audio", which has no announcers/only ambient sound. Lately when they come back from commercial it goes back to having announcers again. They need to fix that.

You will definitely get commercials, and often you will get the same 3-4 commercials over and over for the entire game. Lately it's been a lot of Gillette on-demand and this horrible Budweiser ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y_m6VXMrCg

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
at home I'm gonna use my ps4. Is that app decent?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

cis autodrag posted:

I really like the PS4 app. Can skip to top or bottom of innings if you're watching it delayed.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

tadashi posted:

Also, browsers suck for watching MLB.TV, in the experience of me and many people I know. There is an app for MLB.TV available for PC and Mac and I recommend using that instead of your browser.

This app is HORRIBLE this year for me. Is it just me? I constantly get errors, I can't even choose the broadcast team without getting errors. The best app is the phone app, it works flawlessly. My LG tv app and Xbone app also suck. Lots of lag and pausing.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Thom P. Tiers posted:

This app is HORRIBLE this year for me. Is it just me? I constantly get errors, I can't even choose the broadcast team without getting errors. The best app is the phone app, it works flawlessly. My LG tv app and Xbone app also suck. Lots of lag and pausing.

That's weird. My LG Blu Ray app used to suck so I'd use my computer browser or phone. Starting last year, on Comcast, I couldn't get games to play on my browser without serious rubberbanding issues on the stream but the XBone app worked great so I tried the PC app and it was better. My friend uses the PS4 app and it works better than Safari/Chrome on his Mac.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Ace Jameson posted:

Yeah, what's cool about MLB.tv is you can pick either video feed, and use the TV audio, the associated radio feed, or you can just do "park audio", which has no announcers/only ambient sound. Lately when they come back from commercial it goes back to having announcers again. They need to fix that.

You will definitely get commercials, and often you will get the same 3-4 commercials over and over for the entire game. Lately it's been a lot of Gillette on-demand and this horrible Budweiser ad

Mine has been this awful ad for an american grocer (or something???) that I'll never see in my lifetime because it's for americans and why is the piano ditty so loud and insistent and

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

They were in first on June 5, so I was right. :colbert:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I exclusively use the MLB.tv app on my Amazon FireTV and have never had an issue with it. I've also never seen commercials

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

They were in first on June 5, so I was right. :colbert:

Just gotta sweep the Nats, easy peasy. :v:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Ace Jameson posted:

Not nearly as obnoxious as the thousand minute-long "Go Ask Dad" shaver commercials.

cis autodrag posted:

There have been times where the MLB.tv stream on my PS4 was so good that I forgot I wasn't just watching regular TV. It's really great, especially compared to MLB.tv on my laptop.

When I try to stream games on my phone using At Bat, the broadcast mic randomly cuts out and comes back, and it's weird because I can hear all the other in-game audio all the time.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
N: Marlins are sending Adeiny Hechavarria to the Rays for 2 minor leaguers.

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/879426395306328064

V: I guess Loria saw how the Mets were distracting everybody on the "Horrible team mismanagement" front and are gonna try to sneak a few moves in.

EDIT: Uhhhhh I didn't realize how wretched Adeiny has been at the plate his entire career, this isn't as odious as I thought?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Intruder posted:

Fans are still dumb about Beltran who is now hitting 239/295/426 with a 97 OPS+ while playing mostly DH yet is ahead in the OF voting over teammate Josh Reddick who is hitting 298/354/496 with a 132 OPS+ and also playing very good defense and they're teammates so you can't even attribute it to Astros fans stuffing the ballot box

Getting upset about the current 8th place dude in outfield voting is pretty dumb. Dude won't even sniff the All Star Game

• Locked thread