Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TenTonHammer posted:

I am now a convert! Today was me and the wife's 10th anniversary, so we planned out a big day in knoxville to go do date wise. Last thing was going to get dinner. Long story short, she said "I don't see any need in us spending a ton of money to eat out, what can we get that is cheap and good?" Thanks to goon suggestion, we ended up at costco with a slice of pizza for her, and my first dog and drink. Needless to say, we left with a pack of the dogs and a pizza to do at home. PBUC

Costco easily claims MVP of the anniversary. I love it! PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

funny song about politics posted:

How are the Kirkland dress shirts?

Quality is great. Im a big guy and they seem a bit baggy in my collar size. IDK if they have a slim or athletic fit (of which, I am neither), but the great thing is, it's the 'stco. If it doesnt work, take it back for a full refund minus the $1.50+tax for your dog and soda.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

At Costco car wash right now. Amazing.

Edit - $8 , drive though wash. Did not have ultra clean rinse, left water spots. Docking points for that.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 25, 2017

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
My 14 month old ate a whole pack of Lentils from the sTco'.

PBUC

~Ketchup Apostates~

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
The wife and I stopped into Costco for a quick dog plus 20 oz drink for $1.50 (refill included, believe it or not), my wallet was in my pocket but you don't need to be a member to use the food court. As we try to slide through the other shoppers checking out, a greeter jumped out into our path demanding to see a Costco membership card. She said that's always been the rule and we werent getting in without a card which I know for a fact is 100% BULLSHIT. I ended up showing the card since I didn't want to hold up the people leaving and I wanted a dog, but I'm not crazy am I? I always used to be able to waltz in, get a dog and get the gently caress out in less than 5 minutes.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sounds like that person doesn't know what they are talking about. I'm not clear on the rules but it's not like you can buy anything in the store if you don't have a card. At the checkout they scan your card before you can buy stuff.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Tell them you are going to the Pharmacy. No card required there

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sounds like a win for the outdoor food court.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Probably depends on who you get or the proximity of a member of management. My theory is there are a bunch of esoteric rules that only get enforced when someone feels like going on a power trip or they're being closely watched.

For instance I've taken friends a few times and the cashier never said anything, but the last time I took someone with me when he tried to pay the cashier said he would either have to pay cash or buy a membership when he tried to use his debit card - something about "the name on the payment card has to match the name on the membership card."

Geoj fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 26, 2017

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Dely Apple posted:

This is a human dog bed isn't it, isn't it

This thing is very comfortable and a good deal! And yes.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Geoj posted:

Probably depends on who you get or the proximity of a member of management. My theory is there are a bunch of esoteric rules that only get enforced when someone feels like going on a power trip or they're being closely watched.

For instance I've taken friends a few times and the cashier never said anything, but the last time I took someone with me when he tried to pay the cashier said he would either have to pay cash or buy a membership when he tried to use his debit card - something about "the name on the payment card has to match the name on the membership card."

Yeah same, but we just bought their stuff too and then the cashier just highlighted the amount our friend owed us. So it's not like she didn't want to do it, it was that she had to do it in a way that made sense with the transaction system. Either way that friend did end up getting a membership afterward so it all worked out anyway.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Kinda Grungy Video but ever wonder what Costco Food Court food tastes like ... DEEP FRIED?!

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
It seems they are phasing out the Sun Tropics dried mandarin oranges my wife loves so much. They were $9.97 in May, $4.97 two weeks ago, and $1.97 today. Needless to say we have almost twenty bags of them in the house now. On another dried fruit note, the dried blueberries are amazing. I made a big batch of waffles Friday night and threw them in. So good, especially with Kirkland organic peanut butter and strawberry spread on top.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is half this thread just goons trying to not buy a membership?

Because it seems like it.

Get jobs you motherfuckers.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

scrubs season six posted:

????

We all proudly carry the card of the Master.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

its mostly dumb spam about hot dogs

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Dr. Capco posted:

The wife and I stopped into Costco for a quick dog plus 20 oz drink for $1.50 (refill included, believe it or not), my wallet was in my pocket but you don't need to be a member to use the food court. As we try to slide through the other shoppers checking out, a greeter jumped out into our path demanding to see a Costco membership card. She said that's always been the rule and we werent getting in without a card which I know for a fact is 100% BULLSHIT. I ended up showing the card since I didn't want to hold up the people leaving and I wanted a dog, but I'm not crazy am I? I always used to be able to waltz in, get a dog and get the gently caress out in less than 5 minutes.

this person reflects very poorly on the Costco corporation. I don't want to alarm anyone or make baseless accusations, but the fact that Costco would employ someone like this and not reprimand/fire them for such behavior is disturbing. Are the other Costco employees at this location just turning a blind eye to this power trip? If so, they're just as guilty as she is. That means this entire Costco you went to is corrupt. Which leaves the possibility that ANY Costco could become this corrupt, including my own.

I'm shaken to the core with these revelations.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

This thing is very comfortable and a good deal! And yes.

I texted it to my friends and sure enough, this weekend, they are all on their human dog beds too.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tato posted:

this person reflects very poorly on the Costco corporation. I don't want to alarm anyone or make baseless accusations, but the fact that Costco would employ someone like this and not reprimand/fire them for such behavior is disturbing. Are the other Costco employees at this location just turning a blind eye to this power trip? If so, they're just as guilty as she is. That means this entire Costco you went to is corrupt. Which leaves the possibility that ANY Costco could become this corrupt, including my own.

I'm shaken to the core with these revelations.

Eh if they are hassling non-members then I don't really care. Need to keep the riff-raff out

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
It was 100 degrees this weekend so we went to costco to waste time in the air conditioning and eat a lot of samples

I also got a big pack of pork bao that I can't stop eating

and popsicles

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

insulated staircase posted:

:getout:

You do not know of that which you speak. PBUC.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Has anyone seen a vermouth at Costco? Google tells me that people have seen Carpano Antico there, but I have never seen it.

How are the Kirkland dress shirts?
They are pretty, er, roomy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Been thinkiiinnnng...

bout dem dawgs

:grin:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

gvibes posted:

All the clothes are designed for rather obese people.

naem
May 29, 2011

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002

gvibes posted:

Has anyone seen a vermouth at Costco? Google tells me that people have seen Carpano Antico there, but I have never seen it.

Confirmed. The quality of materials seems terrific for the price, but they fit like a parachute. To be fair, I've returned most clothing from Costco for precisely this reason.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Confirmed. The quality of materials seems terrific for the price, but they fit like a parachute. To be fair, I've returned most clothing from Costco for precisely this reason.

Was this the slim fit or regular fit shirts?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Also, dress shirts are going to fit looser than sports shirts. They're cut to be comfortable under a suit, not worn on their own.

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Was this the slim fit or regular fit shirts?

It was a regular fit, it didn't seem like the slim fits were in my store. I actually took in the sides and added darts to the back of this one and it fits pretty decent now. But still, a lot of work.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Just wear shirt stays yo, look sharp unless people see your socks.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

The price of the pork medallions went up. This is an outrage.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

:frogout: you motherfucker

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The dogs are one of my last favorite Costco things but I enjoy they exist and the price is fair.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

13Pandora13 posted:

:frogout: you motherfucker

i like the hot dogs! but costco has many other treasures to find

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
It pissed rain tonight at work and my socks got soaked so I thought poo poo lemme hit Costco for some freshies. Rolled in at 8:35pm but the big red garage door was down already so I copped my dog and bevvie instead.
On my way in I see 3 dudes rolling out with a BOX of loving hotdogs and like 6 drinks. Thankfully I was able to procure the very last 100% beef dog and a delicious ice cold Pepsi product for $1.63 with tax which I refilled before leaving, as God Himself intended.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

The price of the pork medallions went up. This is an outrage.

I'm waiting for steak to come back down. It's about $3-4 more per lb than it was over the winter.

jamoncorona
Apr 9, 2014

Loss edits are getting weird.

choprite
Sep 29, 2007
just about as retarded as you'd think

gvibes posted:

yeah, saw it yesterday but my costco is in a bougie area so ymmv

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I have two that I wear regularly to church.

It's fair and appropriate to wear items to places where you bought them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It's fair and appropriate to wear items to places where you bought them.

Idiocracy saw this future coming, and we did nothing