Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

InfinityComplex posted:

Try tapping the screen?

As in just bring me straight to the final 10-card result. I don't care about the song and dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

InfinityComplex posted:

Try tapping the screen?

A game with good QoL would allow you to skip the entire sequence, straight to the "here's all you pulled" screen

Even setting aside the localization this game feels pretty janky in a lot of ways (kinda ugly spritework, a loading screen with choppy fps on a device that was new when the game first came out in japan, a menu structure that can best be described as "byzantine")

Fortunately it's pretty fun and I'm looking forward to a Nasuplot that isn't as bad as Extella.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It skips dupes completely as far as I can tell, and I can't blame them for not designing it with rerolls in mind.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

drat, all these guys posting Altera codes, and I'm a half day of rerolls in and still none.

I need my end of civilization.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

cheetah7071 posted:

Fortunately it's pretty fun and I'm looking forward to a Nasuplot that isn't as bad as Extella.
First and second singularity is written by other writer at launch. Prologue is from Nasu. From third singularity onward, that's where they realize the game is making money and people like it enough to get the staffs really fired up. Scrit size double or tripled and new feature and fix where chuck out by the day.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 26, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Edit: double post

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

A game with good QoL would allow you to skip the entire sequence, straight to the "here's all you pulled" screen

Even setting aside the localization this game feels pretty janky in a lot of ways (kinda ugly spritework, a loading screen with choppy fps on a device that was new when the game first came out in japan, a menu structure that can best be described as "byzantine")

if you think this game's menu screens are 'byzantine' i'd love to see you try playing granblue.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Motto posted:

It skips dupes completely as far as I can tell, and I can't blame them for not designing it with rerolls in mind.

Tapping skips 1-3*s entirely, unless they're new, and will skip the animation straight to the card for 4-5*s.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

if you think this game's menu screens are 'byzantine' i'd love to see you try playing granblue.

I play shadowverse by the same company and those menus are moderately byzantine so I'd imagine a more complex cygames game is pretty bad, yeah

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, mass rerolling got me a Water, but still no Altera. Anyone Waver hunting manage to roll her who wants to swap? Stheno a plus, but I can always get her on the free 4 star thing.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Up for grabs:
Herc / Martha / Tamamo Cat / Medea / Divine Banquet
GAXNZGNNQ2

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok now I did a roll that has vlad, tamamo, a formal craft and a few Cus. Better off with this one than the other one with Archer/Martha/Robin/Kaleidoscope/Heavens Feel?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
For some reason it won't let me buy Saint Quartz. My google account shows up, with my payment info there, but it always returns an error. Is it because I'm emulating? Has anyone else had this issue?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Which of the 50 million different types of upgrade items (if any) are plentiful enough I can just sorta use them without worrying about it? I assume that the exp-granting items are either plentiful enough or easy enough to grind that I can just dump them all into the people I'm using without worrying about it, but confirmation would be nice.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
None of them. You will run low on everything, by design.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
loving Finally!

Waver :china:
2x Imaginary Element

If you're looking for a Waver NP Battery

IGN: Bill

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Schubalts posted:

None of them. You will run low on everything, by design.
you'll probably wind up with a lot of bones but, yeah.

just use them to upgrade the servants you want to use

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gologle posted:

For some reason it won't let me buy Saint Quartz. My google account shows up, with my payment info there, but it always returns an error. Is it because I'm emulating? Has anyone else had this issue?

Yup. You can't buy quartz on an emu.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Endorph posted:

you'll probably wind up with a lot of bones but, yeah.

Until you decide to level some skills and one servant needs like 150 bones to max all their skills

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Psiwri posted:

If you're not interested, I would be. Atalanta is a goal of mine. (Are you planning to do more than one account? Waver Herc is pretty good from earlier.)

Sure! Hmu if you're still interested, I'll send you the code.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i got two Formal Crafts and an Imaginary Around what u think?

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
If I got Hercules and Cu Chulainn on my tutorial draw, but came up with nothing great on my first full-price draw, should I restart, or just keep going?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

advice taken, I now have a level 26 cat

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Vlad account, if anyone wants it:

Bind Code: 9TcehF2bEC
Password: 1111

Relisting this, it has cleared most of Fuyuki but has not finished it, also has Marie and Stheno as other gold servants, 25% arts CE, 60% starting NP CE

Bind: sbWP8d7wwW
Pass: vlord22

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If anyone wants this with a Tamamo, I'll PM you the code.

Edit: actually gently caress it mFcd7ZXZrP PW:1111

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 26, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Psiwri posted:

Relisting this, it has cleared most of Fuyuki but has not finished it, also has Marie and Stheno as other gold servants, 25% arts CE, 60% starting NP CE

Bind: sbWP8d7wwW
Pass: vlord22

Thanks, maining this cause Vlad was a bro 2 years ago.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

giving me a 5 star card with a false rin is very cruel

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I decided to reroll and got much better team this time around, both on "waifu" metric and "actually useful team composition" metric, so if someone wants account that has Jeanne and...that's pretty much it here it is:

Bind: SFzXERzVHP

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Lt. Lizard posted:

I decided to reroll and got much better team this time around, both on "waifu" metric and "actually useful team composition" metric, so if someone wants account that has Jeanne and...that's pretty much it here it is:

Bind: SFzXERzVHP

What's the starter?

Edit: I've taken it for now. Thanks bud.

UchihaHirou fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 26, 2017

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
When do you get the selector for the 4* character? Did they end up not putting that in?

I have two sthenos, a martha and a siegfried, so I'm cool for now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

KoldPT posted:

When do you get the selector for the 4* character? Did they end up not putting that in?

The official word on it is "coming soon"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So what are tips for actually playing through?

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Tae posted:

windmill slam busters till the enemy is dead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

at this stage of the game? pick berserkers/classes that are strong against the enemies in the chapter, then

Inverse posted:

windmill slam busters till the enemy is dead.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Tae posted:

Right now things are really simple. You want to have an eye toward getting a good attacker going (so someone in the vein of Herc/Emiya/some version of Altria/Robin Hood/etc) and someone who can buff/defend well (this will eventually be Mash, but Jeanne/Waver/etc are the big draws here and the reason to reroll). Keep the type triangles in mind, and if you know you're going up against a big ticket opponent, bring an attacker who can be effective against them.

It'll get more complicated as time goes on, but at launch it's not terribly difficult.

Also I'm going to buck the trend and say that while Kaleidoscope etc is very good, it alone isn't quite worth keeping an account over if you're really dedicated to rerolling. The rate on 5* CEs is comparatively pretty solid and you'll end up seeing a lot of them over the course of your career. Right now, meanwhile, is basically the best time in the world to keep going for one of the big ticket 5*s and all it costs you is a bit of time.

Herc/Kaleidoscope is a pretty good roll and you can stop there if you're satisfied, but if you're dedicated to rerolling, keep the bind code just in case but keep going.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Thankfully I did one more story pull after progressing a bit on my Kaleidoscope account and got a Jeanne, so I will consider that a Pretty Good start and not look back.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Sure! Hmu if you're still interested, I'll send you the code.

Sweet, I dropped you a line on Discord.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Yup. You can't buy quartz on an emu.

So, if I wanted to buy quartz, I would have to transfer the account code to a phone, buy it there, then get another code to transfer it back to emu? Would that work?

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Gologle posted:

So, if I wanted to buy quartz, I would have to transfer the account code to a phone, buy it there, then get another code to transfer it back to emu? Would that work?

it would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I got like 4 of the ECs that boost NP by 60% to start. I know it's only a 4* but I assume they're still real good?