Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

coupedeville posted:

do they get hazard pay for servicing your mother's cumdumpster? it's not a glamorous job but someone's gotta do it :shrug:

You'd do well to show our moderator some much needed respect. You're out of line and you know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I got about 25 mil dumped on me post-gunrunning update and I was fine. I burned through it all and only had around $100k in my bank, which they took. But I kept all my poo poo and wasn't banned.

I didn't server hop or mention it in chat. I just got into a lucky lobby where a script kiddie was making it rain.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

coupedeville posted:

do they get hazard pay for servicing your mother's cumdumpster? it's not a glamorous job but someone's gotta do it :shrug:

:yikes:

Also, it came with the house and she doesn't live there anymore. You'd have to ask the council

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Videogames, coupe has been harassing us for some time now both here as well as the cool and fun discord. And his recent crass and crude behavior directed at you is but one of many terrible things he's done. It behooves you to lay down swift justice upon that disrespectful turd.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

:cheers:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Ya'all need to quit snitchin, grab you're golf clubs, and fight to the death. You know that's the honorable way to settle this

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
settle this in an in-game arm rasslin match and post the vid here tia

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Thief posted:

settle this in an in-game arm rasslin match and post the vid here tia

lol that's the online equivalent of putting siblings into a ShameShirt. "And you two will STAY in that session until you can act nice to each other"

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I think pc is bad!

Bad people play the same game I play at on a different machibe!

They are bad because they are differnet!

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

weg posted:

Buying the cheapest bunker in Paleto Bay means I will still have to drive all the way into the city for all my missions, correct? I usually play solo in a firewalled lobby so is it worth it to buy a bunker to run solo gun running missions or should I just stick to Import/Export to make cash? I do eventually want an MOC, armored Tampa and bike missiles so I'll have to get one at some point anyway.

How does that work? Like you block the incoming ports so no one can join? Can you have multiple people on your local lan in the lobby?

edit: Huh, found this (Warning, Reddit Cancer) https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/4n8094/tip_if_you_are_on_pc_block_these_ports_using_your/

I ask because I like seeing the RT guys do GTA stuff, but they never do anything that requires a public lobby because it never ends well.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
my friend plays on xbox and says its really chill and he doesn't see many hackers he's like lvl 200+ so maybe its true

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't have anything against console users i just feel bad for them for having their eyes attacked by low resolution and jagginess and bad framerates, and also having to grind the boring stuff like work just to buy stuff instead of just getting 500 million hackerbux dumped on their heads.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hugh Malone posted:

I think pc is bad!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gently caress, they got me again!

Only $87 million dollars left :ohdear:

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

Powershift posted:

gently caress, they got me again!

Only $87 million dollars left :ohdear:

You're like the Wells Fargo of GTA Online.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Ganson posted:

How does that work? Like you block the incoming ports so no one can join? Can you have multiple people on your local lan in the lobby?

edit: Huh, found this (Warning, Reddit Cancer) https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/4n8094/tip_if_you_are_on_pc_block_these_ports_using_your/

I ask because I like seeing the RT guys do GTA stuff, but they never do anything that requires a public lobby because it never ends well.

Here is my guide for getting a "private" public lobby. I've never tested it to see if friends with the same settings can join it, mostly because all of my friends are done with this game lol.

weg posted:

1. Go to Windows Firewall w/ Advanced Security. With Inbound Rules selected create a New Rule. Select Port -> UDP and specific local ports then paste "6672, 61455-61458" without quotes into the field -> Block the Connection -> Domain, Private, Public all checked -> Name it something obvious. Create an outbound rule with the same settings and enable both from the rule list when you start an online game. This method works for me about 99% of the time. On a few occasions I have seen other players in the lobby but they disconnect within a few minutes. Just remember to disable the rules when you are done playing to avoid any potential fuckery to other software.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Just use SessionSweeper. It's much easier.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SplitSoul posted:

Just use SessionSweeper. It's much easier.

Hmmmm this seems pretty cool

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zaphod42 posted:

Hmmmm this seems pretty cool

Yeah, instead of loving around with the firewall yourself, just press Break to empty the session and Scroll Lock to lock it. It even works with friends.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
An entertaining series of late night server glitches here. Players had stolen a jet and a helicopter so lots of bombs were being dropped and I think the servers do not like that. So I stole an SUV, saw a slightly better looking car, got out, and- was immediately in the ocean and drowned.

Respawned on Mount Gordo. Nice little area. Completely desolate but I walked for a bit, a VERY loud explosion was nearby but nobody seemed to be around to set it off so I'm not sure what it was.

And then very suddenly I, and I guess the people left on the server, were on an airport runway, along with a few cars, some bags of cash dropping out of nowhere, and also a bunch of shopping carts. We were briefly stuck there, and the first couple of times I left I got pulled back, but eventually I was able to move freely, which was good because the cops were after me for reasons. Possibly because in the middle of the moneydrop I had now made $100K. Eventually lost the cops and made my way to the nearest ATM, despite an explosion right by me that seemed to have no effect on me though I'm fairly sure I wasn't in passive mode.

I fully expect to be minus that 100K tomorrow, if not banned altogether, but that was an interesting experience.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Is the Weaponized Tampa worth its cost? I'm pretty drat sure this has been discussed some already, but I ask mainly because I did the MOC mission using it and had a sorta iffy experience. I'd been saving up GTA money for the last week or so for an armed car (I already have the Oppressor) that the driver can fire, and since I couldn't afford the Ruiner 2k, I figured I'd go with the Tampa. That said, if I bought it it'd leave me with only a few hundred thousand, so I'm trying to be as certain as possible that it's a good buy.

If it's not, does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative? There are several good vehicles with guns operated by passengers, but I don't get that many of those, so the Tampa seemed like the best bet.

e: To clarify, said 'iffiness' in the mission was mostly an issue of steering and aiming, even though the mission used homing missiles. I figure that's pretty inherent to the nature of these cars, though, and that it's something I'd probably get better at with practice.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 27, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Do MC missions ever evolve beyond boring cargo drop missions with multiple vehicles that were clearly meant for people who could find friends to regularly play a 4 year old game?

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Do MC missions ever evolve beyond boring cargo drop missions with multiple vehicles that were clearly meant for people who could find friends to regularly play a 4 year old game?

I'm not 100% sure, but if you're on PS4 by chance and finding people to play with is a pain n the rear end, I've been on pretty regularly lately and frequently play with other goons--we often need a fourth person. If that's the case and you're interested, my PSN's Robo-Raptor.

e: I've got an MC of my own that I've been working on lately and would be happy to do a tit-for-tat sorta thing with helping one another out with our clubs and businesses.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 27, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I switched to PC but thanks for the offer.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

I switched to PC but thanks for the offer.

Ah well. No problem, though. Offer stands for anyone else that might be in a similar situation.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

A 4 year old game that's still on the top 10 sales list? (It was number one last week in the UK) It's not like there are less people playing it now than when it launched, there are actually more. Make some friends or Invite some pubbies.

No, those missions won't change, that's what they are.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
Some of the funnest times I've had in this game were with random pubs. today for instance, myself (a british guy) a russian and a chinese menaced a ceo and his partner from our mobile command center.

this is a ᵗʳᵘᵉ story.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Is there a list of vehicles that fit in the bay of the MOC?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I tried to ride your mother in there but she didn't fit HEYYYOOOOOOO

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

mutata posted:

I tried to ride your mother in there but she didn't fit HEYYYOOOOOOO

Quality.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Any rumors on new events/sales/vehicles dropping this weekend? It seems odd that the current batch is all ending date on this Friday instead of the usual Tuesday-to-Tuesday week.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
It should be the Independence Day event starting up on Friday. There are some new items that have leaked for this update; liveries for the MOC trailer and skins for some of the weapons.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
Today I changed my MC 'Favorite Bike' to the Oppressor, by leaving my toon driving it in circles at LSIA while in passive while I was at work. This is after having previously changed it to the Shotaro using the same method. So, confirmed, gently caress you to those who doubted, etc etc.

EDIT: I'll give my AHK script to anyone who wants it, it also does the solo public lobby thing at a press

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I'd probably have to do it for like a week. I drove the shotaro everywhere

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've got probably 50 race wins with the drag, i'll never get rid of it.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
You guys assume it's total seat time and not some algorithm, which would be retarded (not that R* isn't retarded).

I don't know that it isn't, but since it's like 0 effort invested yadda yadda

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Man I need to get better at helicoptering. I have no idea how you're supposed to build up a steady speed with these things (since accelerating involves pointing downward) and on both the online and V flight schools I'm stuck on helicopter missions.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Push the left stick forward partially, how much varies from heli to heli

For keyboard idk

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Fly in first person if you're using the mouse and keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

gypsyshred posted:

Is there a list of vehicles that fit in the bay of the MOC?

If it's the double length bay it's only the vehiclised weapons that can get in it.

• Locked thread