Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Stairmaster posted:

how are they expected to win a holy grail war anyways

just make a huge doomfort?

The problem comes when your average hero type is the guy busting down the doomfort and stabbing the wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Stairmaster posted:

Magic in the Nasuverse is all about screwing the rules until the universe starts calling you daddy. Casters -always- have a way to win any fight.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Okay so I'm actually having trouble recovering my Jeanne account, does FGO NA have a support email? It's either my password or my bind code is wrong.

Super No Vacancy posted:

can I have Artoria, Liz, Marie, TamamoCat, Kiyo plz

Sure, pm sent.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Stairmaster posted:

HGWs aren't level playing fields.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Argas posted:

Yeah this too like the system was basically cooked up by three families to lure patsies into participating in a bloody ritual to open a hole to the metaphysical center of the universe so they could (re)aquire some special unique magic.

So they set up the three strongest servant types mostly for themselves.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Inverse posted:

you got quartz

I just spent a quartz to get enough AP to do the 30AP free quest twice to level up to...

You get the idea.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Argas posted:

Yeah, it's an actual plot point in F/SN that the war is rigged so that the three mage families who came up with the concept know things that everyone else doesn't and consequently end up with all the best Servants.

e:f,b

Sewer-Cover
May 28, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

So 20 hours of rerolling I have managed to at some point acquire every 5* except Waver. Ideally I was really hoping for Waver and Jeanne but that never materialized. :(

My main frustrations was that Memu/FGO kept crashing. Particularly when trying to run 3 clients. 2 isn't much more stable. Also Memu doesn't run very well at all on my laptop. Didn't have my proper charing cable so my phone was only effective as a device for a few hours.

Then there's those annoying Communication Errors where they have a hidden anti-rerolling measure where if you attempt 6 rerolls in under 30 minutes your locked out for around 10 minutes.

So as a result, I have approx. 15 accounts available. I'm going to keep one as a spare as I have an idea of maybe trying to do a Lets Play of the campaign and the events as they happen.

TamaCat, Liz
TamaCat, Kiyohime:
Herk, Lancelot, Deon
Artoria, Carmilla, D'eon
Herc, Liz
Liz, Carmilla, NP 3 Kiyo, Gandr, Divine Banquet
Liz, Ushi, K-Scope
Nyanta, NP 2 Deon, NP 3 Caesar, Martha
Liz, Jeanne (My spare, the one I'm keeping is Jeanne, Carmilla, Martha)
Vlad, EMIYA, Kiyohime
Artoria, Liz, Marie, TamamoCat, Kiyo
Altera, Martha, Cu, Heaven's Feel

Anyone interested? Also I only list the CE's for some of them, I didn't bother for the most part.

Can I have that Artoria, Carmilla, and D'eon account?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Raenir Salazar posted:

Anyone interested? Also I only list the CE's for some of them, I didn't bother for the most part.

I might be interested in the Jeanne, but I plan on rerolling for a while yet. And I might even go with a different account entirely! So if someone else wants it, they can get it first. I would be interested, tho.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Stairmaster posted:

I think so, yeah

Casters and Assassins are definitely the classes that require tactical plays instead of just finding your enemy and beating the poo poo out of them. I think that sort of carries over to F/GO too.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

Find exploits and metagame the system.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Assassin is theoretically easy to win with if anyone in one of the wars with one actually played to the strength of the class. That is, ignore the other Servants and assassinate the opposing Masters when their Servant is otherwise engaged. Just none of the ones we know of really ever tried.

The Caster class is basically screwed though.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Altera, Martha, Cu, Heaven's Feel

Would i be able to take this one? This is Atilla the hun right? I dont have pms tho.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Sure, pm sent.

thanks!!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I really wanted to get Hercules, but only one of my rerolls had him. He was the only 4*+ character I got, and the other characters I did get were Robin Hood / Cu Chulainn / Boudicca / Romulus / Darius / Jing Ke / Gilles / Caesar / Alexander. I know Hercules is good and all, but should I reroll until I got an account that has him and another good character?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Jehuti posted:

Would i be able to take this one? This is Atilla the hun right? I dont have pms tho.

Are you on discord? I can post the password but just in case and yes it's Atilla.

Sewer-Cover
May 28, 2010
Another one, Tamamocat, Atalanta, and Lancelot
V6qsjcPQZH
hello

Also thanks Raenir for the Artoria account!

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Are you on discord? I can post the password but just in case and yes it's Atilla.

Ah yeah I'm in the discord that was posted earlier here, GHOSTDAD#5098

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I just rolled an account with Herc, Stheno and Atilla. Not bad, yeah? I'm gonna try one more roll for Waver and then give it up if I don't get him. Being able to grab Babby Sabber from the present and EMIYA whenever they release that makes for a pretty complete team.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Wait a minute, those aren't the same Daily quests from the Japanese game. These don't give any Skill gems!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Thuryl posted:

Yeah, it's an actual plot point in F/SN that the war is rigged so that the three mage families who came up with the concept know things that everyone else doesn't and consequently end up with all the best Servants.

e:f,b

Moreover, the published Fuyuki Grail Wars (F/SN and F/Zero) are the way they are because things are off-plan; F/SN happens period because the three aforementioned families had most of their major members killed off or incapacitated by the end of the 4th War, and it really is basically some teenagers left holding the bag and trying to pick up the pieces and figure out what the hell is going on. The real Matou head was planning on sitting this one out, even, but he's happy to let Shinji just bumble his way to death because it gets rid of him, and is only willing to act when Shirou sets up something by accident on a certain route.

Even Zero, the 4th War itself, is off, though, because there are problems in the background that even the three families aren't aware of, nothing goes the way people anticipate, and on top of that, Gilgamesh was not the best choice Tokiomi Tohsaka could have made when it came to Servants and they weren't terribly compatible.

Blockhouse posted:

I think so, yeah

Casters and Assassins are definitely the classes that require tactical plays instead of just finding your enemy and beating the poo poo out of them. I think that sort of carries over to F/GO too.

Yeah, if you've watched or read Unlimited Blade Works, the Caster there was basically following the ideal game plan for a Caster in a standard Grail War. She had her territory, she had various means of incapacitating other Servants and Masters, and she had cooperation from her Master who was able to help her cover a few of her weaknesses. She loses mostly because she didn't plan for everything correctly.

You also get to see a "proper" Assassin operating in the Heaven's Feel route of F/SN, though only somewhat.

fake edit: holy gently caress, while I want a Jeanne account I might be obligated to keep this last one I just rolled.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Jehuti posted:

Ah yeah I'm in the discord that was posted earlier here, GHOSTDAD#5098

Sent.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Even Zero, the 4th War itself, is off, though, because there are problems in the background that even the three families aren't aware of, nothing goes the way people anticipate, and on top of that, Gilgamesh was not the best choice Tokiomi Tohsaka could have made when it came to Servants and they weren't terribly compatible.

For those of you wondering what the primary background problem in the 4th War was, without reading through reams of Nasuverse stuff, it's honestly fairly simple. In the 3rd War, one of the three primary families - the Einzberns-decided to try and summon a new and awesome Servant with a completely new class outside the initial seven in order to try and get a leg up on everyone else. Well, they succeeded - they summoned Angra Mainyu "All the Evils of the World" as an Avenger-class Servant. There were just two slight problems. One, Angra Mainyu turned out to just be some guy his tribe had sacrificed in order to ritually purge themselves of all sin and thus was just some random dude with terrible stats and abilities. Two, he actually did represent ALL THE EVILS IN THE WORLD, so when he got shanked and reabsorbed by the cup, it basically became completely corrupted. Permanently.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Ok so I just started this and I have a few questions:

1) Is the only way to level up servants using the enhancement materials? How do I know what's safe to use and what I should save?
2) What is QP, why do I have so much of it, and how do I spend it?
3) Why doesn't Mash get any Servant Bond points after battle?
4) Do I need Mash in my party for story reasons or can I replace her?

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
Artoria, Carmilla, Marie
SPvrATX8cs
qwerty

Hercules, Elizabeth, Kaleidoscope
ydRC5dbsEd
qwerty

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I'm kinda surprised they're making an Apocrypha show before animating Fate/Hollow. Hollow was pretty hit-or-miss, but it has some of my favorite scenes from across the entire series. There's an amazing 13-episode show there if they cut out the flab.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think I'm good for now, yeah.

Along with a Heaven's Feel CE.

The best other one I got was a Cu Lancer & Emiya, if anyone is interested.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 27, 2017

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

1) Is the only way to level up servants using the enhancement materials? How do I know what's safe to use and what I should save?
2) What is QP, why do I have so much of it, and how do I spend it?
3) Why doesn't Mash get any Servant Bond points after battle?

1. Yes. You shouldn't worry about "what's safe to use". AFAIK the enhancement materials are only used for that: enhancing your Servants. Just shove 'em into your favorite and go hogwild.
2. QP is used for upgrading your Servants. Leveling up, enhancing skills, enhancing NP, etc. You have so much because every loving missions gives you some.
3. Mash's bond level and ascension is tied to story progress. She'll automatically go through it as you complete singularities.
4. I don't think so, but she's best girl so I don't see why you wouldn't have her in your party.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Man, between Heracles and Stheno I'm plowing through these Wyverns. Kinda wonder how hard these fights would be without these two at decent levels.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Keep in mind she has 0 cost so I don't see a reason why she wouldn't be in your party early on where your tight on capacity.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

I think I'm good for now, yeah.

Along with a Heaven's Feel CE.

The best other one I got was a Cu Lancer & Emiya, if anyone is interested.

Merge those Robin right now!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I wasn't able to merge 2 4-star characters I had. It just said 'Identical Hero' or something and grayed them out. What gives? Was I on the wrong page? I think I was on the Servant Enhancement screen or something..

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you feed identical servants to eachother to enhance their np

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

MonsieurChoc posted:

Merge those Robin right now!
I did! It used up most of my QP! But I did!

It figures that Jeanne would cost so much that you can't actually use her out of the gate.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Vengarr posted:

I'm kinda surprised they're making an Apocrypha show before animating Fate/Hollow. Hollow was pretty hit-or-miss, but it has some of my favorite scenes from across the entire series. There's an amazing 13-episode show there if they cut out the flab.

they're probably afraid of doing anything at all reminiscent of endless eight.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Marie Antoinette, 2x Cuchu Lancer, Stheno Assassin -- Verdant Sound, Be Elegant,
n6tcUXupzX

Tamamo Cat x2, Cuchu Lancer -- Limited Zero, Projection, Divine Banquet, Primeaval Curse
U9KeD7k5dN

Siegfried, Martha, heracles, -- Divine banquet, Verdant sound, Kaleidoscope, Primeval Curse, Imaginery Element (60%NP)
WYMwN31GW3

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 27, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I did! It used up most of my QP! But I did!

It figures that Jeanne would cost so much that you can't actually use her out of the gate.

You can totally use her immediately, it's just you can only use her (or another 5*) alongside Mash and a support Servant. They won't fit along with your tutorial 4*.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Thanks this worked perfectly.

To give back what I take, I have an account with Vlad, kaleidoscope, verdant sound of destruction and some other 3 star servants. I don't have pm's so if you're in discord post your name here and I'll send it to you.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Is there any reason to not just use up Friendship Points all at once, I would imagine that there wouldn't be a whole lot of rate ups in that summoning pool worth saving them for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Is there any reason to not just use up Friendship Points all at once, I would imagine that there wouldn't be a whole lot of rate ups in that summoning pool worth saving them for.

there are zero rate-ups in that summoning pool. sometimes new stuff gets added but there's never any fp events.