Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the reason they won't do a f/ha anime is the twist only works in the vn format

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

New Leaf posted:

I wasn't able to merge 2 4-star characters I had. It just said 'Identical Hero' or something and grayed them out. What gives? Was I on the wrong page? I think I was on the Servant Enhancement screen or something..

It's the Noble Phantasm screen you need to go to.

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011
Finally rolled Waver so here are the maybe rolls I was keeping around, quote if you take one:

CuCulain+1 Heracles Eon Balthory and I think 1 more 4*

12dxWKWHNd

Altera Stheno Marie

MVAaPrmzp1

Heracles Balthory
Angelic Song, Imaginary Element

8ypHkfGkAc

FC if people want to use my Waver: 106 812 063

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Is it even worth enhancing 1* CEs like Tenacity? Or should I just burn them.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Centzon Totochtin posted:

2) What is QP, why do I have so much of it, and how do I spend it?

This is not a lot of QP. This game doesn't treat any currency as a throwaway. You will need tens of millions of QP to max out a single servant. But right now, the prices of doing anything are low.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Is it even worth enhancing 1* CEs like Tenacity? Or should I just burn them.

Worth enhancing now because team cost is tight. Later on, completely useless.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Do we know the rates for 5* servants? There is no way that its 1%, feels way worse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Do you know how 1% works

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do we know the rates for 5* servants? There is no way that its 1%, feels way worse.

It's 1%. IIRC Gacha games have become such an issue in Japan that companies are legally required to disclose the rates.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The good news is, when you hit that 1%, you have like 80% to get the rate up servant.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Nyaa posted:

The good news is, when you hit that 1%, you have like 80% to get the rate up servant.

Wasn't it 50%?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The impression I'm getting from skimming the thread is that while there are certainly some Servants that are way stronger than others, the game's chill enough that I can just fill up a squad with whichever anime girls make my heart sing the most. Is that accurate

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

The impression I'm getting from skimming the thread is that while there are certainly some Servants that are way stronger than others, the game's chill enough that I can just fill up a squad with whichever anime girls make my heart sing the most. Is that accurate

yes. and also there are some common servants that are part of the 'way stronger' category

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Jenny Angel posted:

That's right. You can use Mata Hari all you want.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Is she extremely bitchy and unsympathetic because that's 100% my type when it comes to anime girls

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
That's why, in the end, this version of Medusa can actually not be completely destroyed.

Jenny Angel posted:

Is she extremely bitchy and unsympathetic because that's 100% my type when it comes to anime girls

Too bad Rin isn't an early game servant.

VVVV Edit: Pure RNG. I rerolled 22-25 times so far and haven't seen a 5*. Usually I see 1 4* per pull and sometimes not even that.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 27, 2017

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
How are you guys getting like five accounts with 5*s? I've rerolled like 15 times and haven't seen one, and I'm willing to settle for the first 5* or getting any 2 of EMIYA, Martha, Cat or Liz. Doesn't look like it'll happen for a long rear end time though.

Do I need to roll 10 times one rolls to get a better chance than a 10 roll, or something?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's literally just luck. there's no trick. a flat 10 roll has a higher chance of getting a 5*. it's just luck.

Jenny Angel posted:

you want stheno

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No, it's definitely 1% in the current gacha. I've gotten, if anything, a somewhat above-par rate for them but the rates are definitely what they are in JP.

Captain Keene posted:

It's 1%. IIRC Gacha games have become such an issue in Japan that companies are legally required to disclose the rates.

Yes. Rate disclosure is a legal requirement after certain Granblue shenanigans.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 27, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

AfroSquirrel posted:

Wasn't it 50%?
It feels like 80%...

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Apparently I need to be utterly disappointed over and over and I keep rerolling on another device. Why.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

There are people who got it on their first ticket. The RNG god is cruel. At least we will have guarantee 5* gacha at some point in the future.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Anyone want an account with Herc, Emiya, and Artoria on it?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

I'll take it.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nyaa posted:

It feels like 80%...

For me it feels closer to 20%. I have seven 5* servants and only 2 were on banner. Everyone's experience is different.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I rerolled maybe 6-7 times before I hit Jeanne. I might've done more if I wasn't stupid and hadn't noticed that I had been gifted those quartz several quests in (I didn't start my rerollin' until Cu Caster showed up).

Next dumb question is, how do I access the Daily Quests? It says I can get some Quartz fragments if I do 5 of them. Just another thing that's not up yet or I am missing an option in this crazy maze of menus.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

I rerolled maybe 6-7 times before I hit Jeanne. I might've done more if I wasn't stupid and hadn't noticed that I had been gifted those quartz several quests in (I didn't start my rerollin' until Cu Caster showed up).

Next dumb question is, how do I access the Daily Quests? It says I can get some Quartz fragments if I do 5 of them. Just another thing that's not up yet or I am missing an option in this crazy maze of menus.

Go to the terminal menu (top left), then pick chaldea.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Thank you, I can now actually play the game!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Meanwhile, I was debating some further rerolls, but screw it, it's extremely likely I won't do better than this:

Vlad III on the cusp of buffs and Mr. Veruveto himself. If I pick up Emiya from the free 4* promo, that'll be both a good set of dudes and a lot of dudes I don't have on my JP account, to boot. The CEs will come when they come.

Add me, of course, and make use of Vlad, too. He'll rip through Fuyuki and Orleans effortlessly, especially since I'm leveling that Projection of his too. I'll get Waver and Vlad to first ascension as soon as it's feasible.

--

Meanwhile, I also have a couple of accounts to give away as well, 5*s that weren't quite this sweediculous:

Altera/NP2 Marie/Liz: hTzE73uU1K pass: extella
Team Punchmans(Vlad/Herc): RvSmxQHtcr pass: impale

Please do post if you decide to use these accounts. EDIT: Taken!

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 27, 2017

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

SpaceDrake posted:

Meanwhile, I also have a couple of accounts to give away as well, 5*s that weren't quite this sweediculous:

Altera/NP2 Marie/Liz: hTzE73uU1K pass: extella

Think I may snag that one. Putting up a bunch orf ones I rolled in a minute

E: passwords are all Fate:
Liz, Herc, Carmilla: KyZeMuFBTk
Herc, Verdant destruction: 9AzKxsB8pC
Cat, Marie, L/ZO: vmxEhwyjmY
Sth, Herc, Liz x2: Kxz1XybffB
Herc, many 3* servants: mANEq8ySHZ
Cat, sieg, formalcraft: uZaa54KUB3

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 27, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I just spent 20 hours trying to roll for Waver and failed. :negative:

On the other hand, Artoria and Jeanne twice, Attila once, Vlad III once, 6 SSR's out of 20 pulls? That seems about on par with what I notice on the JP server. If I have enough quartz for 10 10 pulls I usually score at least 1 SSR; it's not certain but it does seem to happen.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
My assumption for spending ap is to do the weekly quests for daily dungeons, do whatever story stuff I can do, and if I hit a point where there's nothing I can do I go back to the dailies? Does that seem right? Just finished up France, but a couple of the later bosses weren't trivial. Running Shield, Tamato Cat, Cu Chulaun, and then I'm not sure. Saber Lilly and Mephistophe for now. All are approaching 20 but I've used up the booster resources.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Stagger_Lee posted:

My assumption for spending ap is to do the weekly quests for daily dungeons, do whatever story stuff I can do, and if I hit a point where there's nothing I can do I go back to the dailies? Does that seem right? Just finished up France, but a couple of the later bosses weren't trivial. Running Shield, Tamato Cat, Cu Chulaun, and then I'm not sure. Saber Lilly and Mephistophe for now. All are approaching 20 but I've used up the booster resources.

P much yeah. Events will be a thing at some point too, but the first event doesn't drop until the game is out for like a month so a lot of your time is gonna be story, free quests, and dailies.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Stagger_Lee posted:

Yes that's basically how gacha games work.

Do any special event stages > Do main story stages > Run daily stages for upgrade materials.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

SpaceDrake posted:

Team Punchmans(Vlad/Herc): RvSmxQHtcr pass: impale

Please do post if you decide to use these accounts.

Thanks much!!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Welp, I'm done. Not my favourites but it's apparently a strong comp to go on with and it's my first 5* in 30+ rerolls.

Vlad3 + Illya CE
Stheno
Cu Chu lancer

2x imaginery elements too.

I kinda regret giving away that Lancelot zerker account since it was my 4th reroll and would have been decent but heh, no takebacksies :D

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
is Marie Antoinette good, because she was my 4 star and I'm not invested in this game enough to re-roll even if she isn't

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Lancelot, Liz, and Sumanai

GrpgzFa4tc

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I get the feeling I got stupid, stupid lucky with my first haul (no rerolls!) so I'm posting it here so you people who know what you're doing can let me know how to spend my resources/who to use/etc. Thanks!

quote:

Tutorial: Cu Chulainn 3* (Lancer) / Uwashimaru 3* (Rider) / Emiya 4* (Archer) / Marie 4* (Rider)

30 quartz pull: Romulus 3* (Lancer) / Lu Bu 3* (Berserker) / Medusa 3* (Rider) / Lancelot 4* (Berserker) / Vlad III 5* (Berserker)

CEs: 2x Dragon’s Meridian 3*, Spell Tome 3*, Rin’s Pendant 3*, Verdant Black Keys 3*, Azoth Blade 3*, Crimson Black Keys 3*, Dragonkin 3*, Imaginary Element 4*, Be Elegant 4*, Beginning of the Journey 4*, Limited/Zero Over 5*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Centzon Totochtin posted:

is Marie Antoinette good, because she was my 4 star and I'm not invested in this game enough to re-roll even if she isn't

She's useful for being very difficult to kill, but there are better starting Servants, especially with the Unlimited Reroll Works we have going on right now.

Ashsaber posted:

Think I may snag that one. Putting up a bunch orf ones I rolled in a minute

Gegil posted:

Thanks much!!

Hope you guys find them useful :)

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Welp, I'm done. Not my favourites but it's apparently a strong comp to go on with and it's my first 5* in 30+ rerolls.

Vlad3 + Illya CE
Stheno
Cu Chu lancer

2x imaginery elements too.

I kinda regret giving away that Lancelot zerker account since it was my 4th reroll and would have been decent but heh, no takebacksies :D

Vlad can take a little while to get going because he's got an S growth curve on his level ups (i.e. his first 15 and last 15 levels don't have much stats but in between his levels are loving enormous), but especially since he's got a buff coming down the pipe even for us (and already live in JP), he's a whirlwind of death once he gets going and he can NP a lot easier than other Zerks. I might still use an Imaginary Element on him, though, because Kazilki Bey hits like a fuckin' truck even before his Interlude. Sadly, we don't get any of his Interludes regardless, since they take place in London.

--

Anyway let me go ahead and post my last few decent rolls, hopefully someone will find these useful.

Sumanai (Siegfried)/Atalanta: wGgfZjmTPw pass: sumanai
d'Eon/Stheno: VbCMM3hhb3 pass: deon