Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Very first Voting Gauntlet match: my Priscilla, Anna and Felicia vs TA Robin, Klein and Eldigan.

... This is going to be a bit painful.

Edit: decided to make Hector my lead unit so others can go tell TA Robin to gently caress off, I have a feeling he's going to be extremely popular during this gauntlet

Retcon fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Wait, isn't the voting gauntlet supposed to pull one ally from your friends list and one from a random on the same team?

'cuz something happened to me just now that definitely wasn't that. :smith:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

am I literally the first one here

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
scores update every hour

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

The lack of Wrys now begs the question... Lissa or Priscilla...

E: went with Lissa. First match was my Reinhardt, Lucina, and Leo against three Mists.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 27, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

ungulateman posted:

scores update every hour

aww great, and I got excited for some ez feathers.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
team elise 4 lyfe

do i get some kind of bonus for putting elise at the front of my party or what?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

team elise 4 lyfe

do i get some kind of bonus for putting elise at the front of my party or what?

Yeah, flags are worth 10% more

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
I've got 20k feathers, is it worth it to blow it all to +1 a nino or reinherdt? Also what the hell do you put on a ninian for her special skill since she's not that great offensively.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

The Biggest Jerk posted:

I've got 20k feathers, is it worth it to blow it all to +1 a nino or reinherdt? Also what the hell do you put on a ninian for her special skill since she's not that great offensively.

For Ninian, Moonbow/Luna is fine. Maybe Iceberg, if she isn't -res. Or save yourself the effort of an SP grind and don't bother. :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Unless you really need the +1 to get better arena scores I would just save my feathers. There will inevitably something you want the feathers for.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zwingley posted:

For Ninian, Moonbow/Luna is fine. Maybe Iceberg, if she isn't -res. Or save yourself the effort of an SP grind and don't bother. :v:

It'll help nudge your arena score higher, at the very least. That's why all the tip-top people at tier 20 pretty much have Aether on everything since it takes so much SP to learn.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
That's fair. I personally can't be assed to shoot for T20 right now, so I can't really speak to that. :v:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I'm on team Clarine and so far the units my fellow Team members give me are a mixed bag... If any of ya'll on Team Clarine wanna be my friend, hit me up. (Or anybody else in here.) I should have Reinhardt as my lead unit.

Friend code is 9228288644

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Elise does her best, vote drills.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Clawtopsy posted:

Elise does her best, vote drills.
She'll also probably win this thing. Don't let feathers sway you. Be a winner!

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm on team Clarine and so far the units my fellow Team members give me are a mixed bag... If any of ya'll on Team Clarine wanna be my friend, hit me up. (Or anybody else in here.) I should have Reinhardt as my lead unit.

Friend code is 9228288644

Done, username's the same as here. Pick a buddy, I'll shuffle my defense team around.

I've also got a lv. 37 Legion who might be fun with the clerics, it's certainly hilarious training him up :v:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Murderion posted:

Done, username's the same as here. Pick a buddy, I'll shuffle my defense team around.

I've also got a lv. 37 Legion who might be fun with the clerics, it's certainly hilarious training him up :v:

Bless you, friend! Do Reinhardt, if you would. I have him as my lead unit.

Btw I think the unit you give your friends is unit in the first slot in your leftmost team. But check for me! My lead unit should be Reinhardt. If it's Camus, I'll need to shuffle my defense team around.

EDIT: Yesssss it worked! Reinhardt worked like a charm. You've just made my life a lot easier, bud, thanks a ton!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 27, 2017

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Silver Falcon posted:

Bless you, friend! Do Reinhardt, if you would. I have him as my lead unit.

Btw I think the unit you give your friends is unit in the first slot in your leftmost team. But check for me! My lead unit should be Reinhardt. If it's Camus, I'll need to shuffle my defense team around.

EDIT: Yesssss it worked! Reinhardt worked like a charm. You've just made my life a lot easier, bud, thanks a ton!

You're right, your loaner unit is Reinhardt; I just haven't changed my def team because :effort:. Is there still a cap on the number of friends you can have, btw?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

There's a cap, but I'm not sure what it is. Didn't bother counting. You have to have over a certain number of friends on your list for the daily piddly greeting feathers (like 20, I think?).

Lemme know how my Reinhardt works out for ya. He should be able to handle anything you throw him at, short of green mages.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
my elise just got cut down by an enemy xander while fcorrin watched ineffectually in the voting gauntlet

2 real

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Clawtopsy posted:

my elise just got cut down by an enemy xander while fcorrin watched ineffectually in the voting gauntlet

2 real
My Elise just got man-handled Julia, Spring Camilla and Julia while her two Maria teammates just fart-arsed around playing loving pattycake or something.

:argh:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I would be on Team Elise but I don't have her. :( Maybe I'll try pulling on her banner when I have enough Orbs. Currently sitting at 11...

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Looks like Priscilla and Clairine is pretty close, unless Clairine was coming off of a bonus when I woke up a couple hours ago.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

I would be on Team Elise but I don't have her. :( Maybe I'll try pulling on her banner when I have enough Orbs. Currently sitting at 11...
I'll be your friend and lead with her if you lead with another horse unit. As long as you have no other Elise friends my Elise will always be in the lead.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Fritzler posted:

I'll be your friend and lead with her if you lead with another horse unit. As long as you have no other Elise friends my Elise will always be in the lead.

I got you! My lead is Reinhardt so he should play nice with other horses. He has Goad Cav.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
On team Mist... with Ike, of course.
Hurray to whoever on my friends list provided a fully loaded vantage Hector, considering the first match up had Kagero and the walled-off-area map.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

I got you! My lead is Reinhardt so he should play nice with other horses. He has Goad Cav.
Cool. I pulled my Elise this banner so I'm still working on her. She does have Hone Calvary though. Added you back.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I know you're a worthless unit but drat boo

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Ohmygod is the octopus crying?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I've noticed that the score multiplier when your army is behind is dynamic. I think it used to just be a flat 3x. Right now Team Clarine has a 3.9x multiplier. Maybe it's dependent on how far behind your army is?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
stoked for the summer banner

two new colorless units, and both are something that I want. i can finally pull colorless, and even if I don't get either of the focus units I'll probably have a few more Virions and get closer to the +10 :allears:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
shurikens and bow users are nice. Unfortunately, I expect a lot of healers but you know what, I might get my ideal atk- Azama so heyo

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

I've noticed that the score multiplier when your army is behind is dynamic. I think it used to just be a flat 3x. Right now Team Clarine has a 3.9x multiplier. Maybe it's dependent on how far behind your army is?

Yeah, it increases based on how long the army had been behind and goes up as high as 7.5x(!)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Eesh. Clarine vs. Priscilla sure is swinging wildly. I've had 3 score multiplier rounds and this last one was a 4.1x. Pretty crazy!

I'm doing well in the rankings but I've just about used up my flags. I'm holding at rank ~600ish.

Seems like it could go either way but I hope Clarine wins... she's the only cleric I have in this thing even closed to properly trained up.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

What do people even want as a partner unit...? I've been using Camilla, because a friend of mine has been using Nowi, but maybe boob sis is a bad pick.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I bet that goon that really loves Tiki is very happy.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

LightningKimba posted:

What do people even want as a partner unit...? I've been using Camilla, because a friend of mine has been using Nowi, but maybe boob sis is a bad pick.

Just any unit that's strong, I think. I keep getting this quadmilla and she wrecks face

Elyv fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 27, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Arena was completely painless this week. Got my full run (probably not enough for tier 20, but enough that I don't feel like a bad) in the process of setting up my quests to finish tomorrow

Saw multiple flier teams but no horse teams, and weirdly few dancers. Both broken wall maps are annoying but neither is nearly as bad as last week's lava or boats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Since I have no chance at Tier 20, I'm just going to play enough arena to finish the quests. It's nice to have a breather since we have both the gauntlet and a new incoming GHB.