Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Flips
NO ONE was executed day one!
Jonathan Fisk, ???, ???? ????? disappeared night one!
gif Probst, Jake Bell, Town Party Host was executed day two!
Added Space, Parker, Town Inventor has disappeared night two!
Pinterest Mom, The Worm, Town Rolecop, was killed day three!
Captain Foo, Gnarly, Town Doctor was executed day three!
Yorkshire Tea ???, ???? ????? vanished night three!

1. Added Space
  2. Captain Foo
  3. CCKeane
  4. Dhaes
  5. EXAKT Science
  6. gif Probst
  7. Hal Incandenza
  8. Kashuno
  9. Pinterest Mom
  10. Quidthulhu
  11. Retro Futurist
  12. Yorkshire Tea
  13. Jonathan Fisk

Replacements
Asiina was replaced by Quidthulhu.
BottleKnight was replaced by Jonathan Fisk.
areyoucontagious was replaced by CCKeane.

There were thirteen of them to start, not counting the jug marker, the man with the plan. The number was an accident, growing a step or two at a time. With professionals, that’s just the way it is. You didn’t make a career out of crime without finding someone you could trust along the way, and once you did you wanted them at your back on a job. Of course, anytime you trust someone you accept the possibility that there’s a chance you’re going to get burned. No one thinks it could happen to them, right?

The opening of the Underworld had changed the world less than you would have thought. People are adaptable, and once you’ve seen one seven-foot tall horned monster in a suit, you’ve seen them all. Most criminals, professionals at least, knew they were damned one way or the other. All this did was open up a whole new world of action. Sure, most devils were tougher and meaner than any human you ever met, if you crossed a demon they might literally eat you, but they had to play by certain rules. That was more than you could hope for with most people.

The job wasn’t simple. Why else split the pot thirteen ways? No one knew more than they needed to, except for Barry(Barbas, actually, but don’t let him hear you say that). The thing was, this wasn’t your everyday kinda heist. No, they were going to hit the Outfit, and they were going to hit them so hard, the Outfit wouldn’t hit back.

At least, that was the plan, until Barry took a dive from a four-story window.

Barbas, Tao Jones, Town Vanilla, died night zero!

You’d have to be stupid not to get the picture, and most stupid criminals make their home in either the graveyard or the prison yard. Someone had turned. With how the syndicate hadn’t hesitated to send Barry back to the Underworld in broad daylight, probably several someones. Barry’s death was a called shot, as if to say “We know, and you’re next.” The Outfit thought they knew the score. Maybe they did, at one point.

What happens next is a story about what happens when you tell thirteen dangerous criminals; humans, monsters, and monsters that happen to look human, that they can’t trust the person standing next to them.

hello & welcome to my mafia about crime-monsters.

this is a game for thirteen players. if there are an over-abundance of signups, i'll do a lottery with preference going to new/returning players. i think a bunch of games just started so that probably won't happen but who knows!!

there are a couple caveats about this game i want to get in here. this shouldn't be too buckwild of a setup but there are a few curveballs and non-standard role inclusions. the goal is that no one should be able to solve the game through pure setup speculation. i probably won't make everyone a death miller but i reserve the right to. you can't get mad at me for it so just don't try it mister! the other caveat is that my schedule is weird and i really like to write flavor so sometimes nights take longer than 24 hours.

We're aiming for a Monday evening start if possible.

Rules
1. Don't be a dick, I'll tell you if you're getting too personal.
2. No Krells. Sorry Krell.
3. Please no lurko. What constitutes lurking is at my discretion, but try for at least ten posts a day.
4. Do not post ANYTHING at all after hammer, or what you think to be hammer. No twilight unless specified. First time is a warning, second time your team gets penalized.
5. Don't post anything influential after you die. If you're not sure then just run it by me.
6. Flavor is just flavor. Read into it at your own peril. Like for real.
7. No replacements after D2, don't screw over your team by ducking out if you can help it.
8. Do not quote your role pm itt. If you have private communication with another player, you still may not share any portion of your role pm with them.
9. Please don't fake day actions.
10. Death millers! !!

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Yeah I'll do it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hell to the yeah

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Small game good game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bonjour

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'll play but only if u make me a death Miller op

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

I'll play but only if u make me a death Miller op

hi captain foo!!! it is good to see you!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will play

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

hi captain foo!!! it is good to see you!

Hi friend

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Flipless just finished, so I got time for this if it's still happening

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Did you advertise this Somber? I didn't see I just happened to actually be browsing the game room. Who even does that?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Did you advertise this Somber? I didn't see I just happened to actually be browsing the game room. Who even does that?

Is that a signup?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MROE POERPLS SIGN UP FOR TEHIS GAME

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Only reason I'm not at the moment is because FF mafia is running and that looks like a goddamn monster.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:justpost:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i enjoyed sombergame last time and i like this games flavor a bunch hopefully this fires :ohdear:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll advertise more once I actually finish writing :v:

alternatively i'll pivot and we'll run at 9.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
gently caress yeah I'm gonna heist a suit

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm gonna put a suit ON a heist.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dibs on claiming death miller.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PMush Perfect posted:

Dibs on claiming death miller.

n o p e

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm~

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I look forward to killing one of the two people who will post and then being alone and screaming into the void until I die, sign me up

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

I look forward to killing one of the two people who will post and then being alone and screaming into the void until I die, sign me up

:sun:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

oh we have to post? gently caress that

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

posting is above my paygrade

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

posting is above my paygrade

at least anything other than shitposting

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

at least anything other than shitposting
And I've got a patent on that.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

Kashuno I am going to shout at you

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

PMush Perfect posted:

And I've got a patent on that.

Scum spotted

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Signing up.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Sounds like an interesting time, joining up.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That's -1 to start by my count, unless Asiina actually signed up. I'll work hard to finish up as fast as possible so we can get moving!

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
can i be not-VT please and thank you

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:toot:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
L
E
T
S
G
O

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

That's -1 to start by my count, unless Asiina actually signed up. I'll work hard to finish up as fast as possible so we can get moving!

I did sign up. :(

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I can drop out so Asiina doesn't have to. Might be busy with work stuff, anyways.

Have fun, y'all.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I gotta cover for a sick dork at work, roles will go out by 9:40pm cst tonight and the game will start shortly after. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Dhaes posted:

can i be not-VT please and thank you

i will strictly adhere to the rng thank you very much :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

sned teh role