Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Does anyone have a rundown on what I'm supposed to do with all these items? I have things I can train into my characters that are EXP UP and Status UP.. Then some have little character type symbols in the corner, which I assume means it gives that type more.. Are there things I should be hanging on to? Or should I just burn them all now? I have a 5-star Altria Pendragon if that matters..

Should I bother combining my matching 3-stars together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I don't think the artist is capable of drawing any face beside saberface with his obsession.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

Hit Attack button, while choosing cards the battle speed switch should be there.
I know what you mean because during that tutorial it pops up when you go to pick your cards, but I'm 99% sure it's not there for me afterwards. Maybe I need to finish Fuyuki?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The fast button appears during card selection.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
So how are you guys liking the translations, went on reddit and saw that Marie is apparently a Meme Queen.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Man I ascended my Saber Alter and I still feel like attacking with her instead of herc is a bad idea, dude hits just too dang hard even at like level 25.

Saber alter's strength is her NP to clear trash waves and do lotsa burst aoe dmg. Herc is turn to turn consistent high damage from his buster cards.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So...how exactly do you make Arash Archer really good? Is he supposed to be combined with Medea or something to instant boost his NP gauge?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm willing to trade my Jeanne/Siegfried/Divine Banquet/Heaven's Feel account for a Jeanne/Herc account if anyone has one.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

In addition to that several enemies are coded to prioritize Saberface-attribute Servants. Dudes like Beserker Lancelot, Mordred, and Gilles.

Is Mordred herself considered a Saberface, does she break every mirror she comes across?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Tae posted:

So...how exactly do you make Arash Archer really good? Is he supposed to be combined with Medea or something to instant boost his NP gauge?

In the games current state you can't build an undying Arash team yet as some of the required servants are not available. The Idea is to put guts on him and after his NP where he doesn't die due to guts to rinse and repeat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Okay next question, what makes Medea caster good? She's got a NP boosting special but that has a 9 cooldown unless I'm missing something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

he's only useful for his np. you need a starting NP CE, his third skill that gives h im a decent amount of NP, servants that can boost his NP gauge via skills, and the mystic code that gives you a skill to boost his np gauge. then he pops his np and dies. that's all he's good for.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Okay next question, what makes Medea caster good? She's got a NP boosting special but that has a 9 cooldown unless I'm missing something.
Her NP gain is insanely high so she can do NP > Arts > Arts and have a 70% full np gauge right after using her NP.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Tae posted:

NP removes buffs and due to how easy it is to fill up you can also use her to boost an overcharge on other more devastating NPs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

Her NP gain is insanely high so she can do NP > Arts > Arts and have a 70% full np gauge right after using her NP.

Is that her default kit? I got a gain 15% NP card.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tired Moritz posted:

serious. Is Jeanne and Saber supposed to have the same face? T-this is a waifu game, isn't it?! Where's the cute boys?!

Jeanne resemblance is, technically speaking, not laziness but exists because of a plot point in Fate/Zero.

Basically Caster sees Saber and mistakes her for Jeanne. So the two resembling each other makes sense.

Other Saberfaces* have no excuse though.

*Ok, maybe Mordred.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Gaius Marius posted:

Is Mordred herself considered a Saberface, does she break every mirror she comes across?

I mean, Mordred has issues, man.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Is that her default kit? I got a gain 15% NP card.
uh, yeah. np gain is just an inherent part of the character.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

EzEight posted:

So how are you guys liking the translations, went on reddit and saw that Marie is apparently a Meme Queen.

It's full of impenetrable technobable, complete non sequiturs that everyone seems to take in stride and extremely clumsy sentence structure that ends up being equal parts charming and goofy, so it basically offers the genuine Fate experience.

Its good.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

EzEight posted:

In the games current state you can't build an undying Arash team yet as some of the required servants are not available. The Idea is to put guts on him and after his NP where he doesn't die due to guts to rinse and repeat.

Couldn't you do a budget build with Romulus and someone like Hans/Shakespeare? Or is it not actually possible to get Rom's third skill yet?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Endorph posted:

he's only useful for his np. you need a starting NP CE, his third skill that gives h im a decent amount of NP, servants that can boost his NP gauge via skills, and the mystic code that gives you a skill to boost his np gauge. then he pops his np and dies. that's all he's good for.

No you give him the Guts buff first.

So you then pop his NP twice.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

EzEight posted:

It's definitely got that Fate/Nasu feel of complete assholes trying to communicate extremely dense concepts or ideas to a total dumbass.

Checks out!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the translation gets a little better in orleans/rome, partly because goofy jokes about marie antoinette speaking slang are way easier to translate than technobabble

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I got to the tip about Eric Bloodaxe and it was like "This is a bloody axe. Eric has a blood axe. They call him the bloodaxe king." Very awkward.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

the translation gets a little better in orleans/rome, partly because goofy jokes about marie antoinette speaking slang are way easier to translate than technobabble

I just got to that part myself yea, and the exchanges between her and Mozart are easily the best writing so far.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Which of the starting drops pull 5*s? I haven't seen one after many, many rerolls, so want to make sure I'm not doing it wrong somehow.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Which of the starting drops pull 5*s? I haven't seen one after many, many rerolls, so want to make sure I'm not doing it wrong somehow.

The second one that you do manually from the menu. The forced first one doesn't.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Is it beneficial to redo the 10 ap daily quests even if you did it already? I can't quite do the 20 ap but the 10 ap did give me some good exp items I could use and I'm not sure if it's like you can only do it once and get the items or what.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If that's the daily you can do for exp then yeah do it. I'd honestly recommend trying to get a support Herc and using him to carry you through 20 and 30 AP exp quests since you not only get better exp cards but the master exp you get will be enough to keep leveling up your master level for a bit.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
You can run it as many times as you want, you just won't get the mana prism reward again until it refreshes the next day.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I've been using my class cards on Hercules and Waver, but I haven't dipped into my all-classes stash yet. Should I be using them on those two, or should I save them for Shielder since she's her own class?

What about the squirrel cards? My intuition tells me those I can just sink into either Hercules or Waver all at once to give them a nice stat boost, but I'd rather ask before wasting them.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Finally settled on a re-roll. Ended up with Carmilla, Herc, Martha, FSN Cu and Robin Hood. I'm pretty pleased!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why did no one tell me that you get free friend summons? :(

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

I've done a few rerolls, and so far I've got these to give away:

Divine Banquet, Tamamo Cat, Cu Chullain x2, Projection, Iron-Willed Training S8jR4KqvQG

Angel's Song, x2 Divine Banquet, Rpimeval Curse, Stheno, Cu Chulainn, Imaginary Element, Imaginary Around nG5BaqvzZZ

Tamamo Cat, Imaginary Element, Cu Chulainn, Verdant Sound of Destruction x3, Carmilla, Divine Banquet WV68TJBcKg

Password for all of them is "fate" without the quotes.

Shiny777 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 27, 2017

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what are good servants to pair with medea besides shielder

edit: do NOT say jason

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Servant with three art cards. Spam np 24/7

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Sanson seemed like he was going in a particularly creepy direction, and he did not disappoint.

Asking Marie "did you reach climax when I beheaded you" was on my not-quite-expecting-that list

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

Save your quartz for when Tamamo shows up, have her buff Medea's Arts cards, spam Rule Breaker nearly every dang turn

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Good thing Jason isn't even a Servant so someone can't even ironically do that. And given how much the Nasuverse plays up just how much of a dick he is with basically no redeeming qualities, I don't think a version of him will ever get released either.

On other matters, managed to drag myself through both the 40AP red quests despite my own Servants only topping out ~lvl 20. Thankfully Jeanne can absorb an incredible amount of damage and give the lvl 40+ support Berserkers I've been sniping when available time to work. Now I just need the taunt CEs to be released so I can do that more reliably. And/or the giveaway to happen so I can get hold of my own Heracles already. Don't really feel up to trying the triple part green 40AP quest line though, especially given the garbage you can get as final bosses in the Knight class ones (gently caress Nero's Imperial Privilege or Proto Cu's Concealment).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Following Vlad3, Cuchu, Stheno. What kind of support is good for Arts that I can get from Friends roll or the free 4* pick? Is there a banner I want to save up for (outside JAlter obviously :p )?