Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Obviously this is just my word and it is meaningless but there is no way I would withhold the kill as one scum left vs. 4 town (especially when there are only two really viable choices as scum). The only hope in that situation is to try and get the game over as fast as possible. The risk of getting caught in a track or whatever would be outweighed by not wanting the game to go an extra day. If it was 1 scum vs 3 town maybe but not 1vs4.

Plus I hate withholding kills I think it is lame unless it is the only way to go.

This also why if there are 2 scum left, I don't think Hal or Chaos can be one of them. He's too experienced to have let scum hang anyone yesterday even if he couldn't have been around for the day.

The only way I could see there being two scum left is for it to be Tired/Circle. They might not have the experience to know that 3 scum/3 town is a scum victory but with possible night actions it could be forced into a deadlock until scum got a kill off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why would you ever have moved your vote off of Ernie after he claimed Survivor?

I need to go back and look if you expressed a lot of suspicion about his claim

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

no, it's 1 vig/1 bp/ and 1 hide which makes me untargetable.

the reason I'm so adamant for killing Hal is that he's the only scum possible and I win with town if Hal dies. So yeah. I expect none of you to believe me but I'm like "there's a 90% chance of me getting lynched so whatever" so might as well die with a tease.

OK that's makes more sense. While a hide action does make you untrackable/unwatchable, what it actually does is make you untargetable for the night. So in essence, you started the game with a 1x vig and a 2x BP, but one of those BPs would have made you 'disappear' for the night to any other powers role.

Hmmm...now this makes the game interesting.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

CirclMastr posted:

So, is this any different than Ernie's claim where we need to lynch you because we can't guarantee you'll vote with town? I mean isn't this just asking to be lynched?

yeah I'm walking dead at this point. But it's (3v1)v1 so if I get lynched, it's either 3v1/2v1. No loss for town if I get lynched unless Hal has a secret double kill on his sleeve.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why should I? Let Ernie claim survivor, it's not like it would conflict with my needs. I was hoping to win with town, or side with scum if needed but since scum kept getting lower and lower...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TMMadman posted:

This also why if there are 2 scum left, I don't think Hal or Chaos can be one of them. He's too experienced to have let scum hang anyone yesterday even if he couldn't have been around for the day.

The only way I could see there being two scum left is for it to be Tired/Circle. They might not have the experience to know that 3 scum/3 town is a scum victory but with possible night actions it could be forced into a deadlock until scum got a kill off.

dont do this

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'll have to go back and look too, but I'm pretty sure he did come out strong against Ernie when the 3P claim was made even though he did move away from it a bit later. However, I don't think that isn't that out of place for an actual 3P survivor who is already on thin ice. Especially one who is claiming to have shot our cop on N1.

I'd think even if Tired has countered the 3P claim, all he would have done is sign his own death warrant for the next day regardless of Ernie flipping scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also to note that, I thought this game could be a multiple survivor game. I think I wanted to lynch Ernie after Raeg's death? At that point, I'm like, yeah there's no way Ernie is actually an survivor because that would mean this game has the smallest scum team ever".

Also my flavor name is Jozy Altidore who Fisk really hates for some reason.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

Why should I? Let Ernie claim survivor, it's not like it would conflict with my needs. I was hoping to win with town, or side with scum if needed but since scum kept getting lower and lower...

So when you were insisting on CL over Ernie did you believe that CL was the town doc and you wanted him dead over Ernie who you pretty much knew to be scum at that point? I mean I might do the same as survivor but I am curious what you were thinking.

Also I note that Ernie refused to vote for you D1 which is interesting.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
No, I thought CL was scum. I completely forgot Ernie existed at that point and like he was going to get lynched at some point so why bother thinking about him?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

dont do this

Don't tell me what to do. I do it in order to work out all the possibilies. At the end game, people are going to post about paranoid theories or whatever. It doesn't mean the person actual believes it to be true, it's just being said so that everyone else knows that it's been considered, even briefly, because you should always been looking for the curveball.

For example, I'm really having a hard time with the fact that there are 3 flipped goons because that doesn't give scum any power. So I think there either has to be a general scum team power or maybe a couple of the goons had a power and it got transfered to a remaining scum on their death.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I'll have to go back and look too, but I'm pretty sure he did come out strong against Ernie when the 3P claim was made even though he did move away from it a bit later. However, I don't think that is too much out of place for an actual 3P survivor who is already on thin ice. Especially one who is claiming to have shot our cop on N1.

I'd think even if Tired has countered the 3P claim, all he would have done is sign his own death warrant for the next day regardless of Ernie flipping scum.

Mafia edit

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I'll have to go back and look too, but I'm pretty sure he did come out strong against Ernie when the 3P claim was made even though he did move away from it a bit later. However, I don't think that isn't that out of place for an actual 3P survivor who is already on thin ice. Especially one who is claiming to have shot our cop on N1.

No I agree I wouldn't counter, but I would suddenly be a lot more suspicious and probably be trying to push Ernie for town cred unless you were really selling out for a scum victory.

He actually didn't comment on it at all for days and then one "survivor my rear end" post but otherwise didn't even vote for Ernie. I would think as survivor if you had a shot at having 2 scum dead by the end of D4 you would sell out for the town pretty hard at that point. At least I would. But I suppose that's coming down to playstyle.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
it's a juggernaut scum. or a joat or whatever. It's definitely not Circl, I can tell you that.

seriously, Hal's the only one who haven't out'd their role yet. he's a replacement. and you're trying to lynch someone that had been cooperative and working with you just because you think it's weird that he has a tracker role?

GAH, I out'd my role and everything so I can stop arguing with you and then you do this stuff again.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Don't tell me what to do.

Maybe he meant putting an E in my username, heh.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

No, I thought CL was scum. I completely forgot Ernie existed at that point and like he was going to get lynched at some point so why bother thinking about him?

See that makes no sense to me. If I KNEW I had a scum dead to rights I wouldn't forget about them and assume someone else would deal with it eventually.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
fmpov Ernie is walking dead the moment he said he was survivor. Idk how many games the survivor got killed because the towns people didn't have a good read and just went "welp might as well kill the survivor." Why would I: the actual survivor care?

Hell, doing so might had made me a target for the scum which was not what I wanted to do.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Is Hal the only one who hasn't claimed at this point?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Hal Incandenza posted:

See that makes no sense to me. If I KNEW I had a scum dead to rights I wouldn't forget about them and assume someone else would deal with it eventually.

because I'm survivor, why would I care? I'm not town, there's no reason for me to care about the town/scum dynamics.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

it's a juggernaut scum. or a joat or whatever. It's definitely not Circl, I can tell you that.

seriously, Hal's the only one who haven't out'd their role yet. he's a replacement. and you're trying to lynch someone that had been cooperative and working with you just because you think it's weird that he has a tracker role?

GAH, I out'd my role and everything so I can stop arguing with you and then you do this stuff again.

I'm DaMarcus Beasley, VT. Somewhat backed up by the fact I have been tracked (multiple times I think) going no place

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm DaMarcus Beasley, VT. Somewhat backed up by the fact I have been tracked (multiple times I think) going no place

yeah, on the nights where there was no kills. so what?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah, on the nights where there was no kills. so what?

Well it also says I dont have some other role like roleblocker, etc... THAT IS WHAT

man you are a rude person

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well it also says I dont have some other role like roleblocker, etc... THAT IS WHAT

man you are a rude person

:(

But I meant, like if you don't get caught moving at nights where there wasn't any kills, it doesn't mean anything. It's not a strong point!!! Like I could claim VT after I shot Jam, since I literally can't move other than making myself invisible or whatever. Now if you were tracked to be not moving when someone died, that might be an argument but...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

:(

But I meant, like if you don't get caught moving at nights where there wasn't any kills, it doesn't mean anything. It's not a strong point!!! Like I could claim VT after I shot Jam, since I literally can't move other than making myself invisible or whatever. Now if you were tracked to be not moving when someone died, that might be an argument but...

Yeah I'm not saying it clears me or anything, just that before someone goes "VT how convenient" that I clearly don't have some active role at night.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
idk I think it's kinda weird that you're so sure about Circl's results if you think they're scum. :3:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

because I'm survivor, why would I care? I'm not town, there's no reason for me to care about the town/scum dynamics.

You should care because it gets town people off your back. Scum aren't likely to kill a 3P survivor and you had protections against it anyway.

So if you had come out and immediately said that Ernie's claim was bullshit and you're the 3P survivor then would could have lynch Ernie and then essentially have left you alone. Sure, you'd probably still be in this same situation, but you'd be in a better position having directly led to a scum lynch.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

idk I think it's kinda weird that you're so sure about Circl's results if you think they're scum. :3:

I don't think it's weird to be sure about results on myself!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

You should care because it gets town people off your back. Scum aren't likely to kill a 3P survivor and you had protections against it anyway.

So if you had come out and immediately said that Ernie's claim was bullshit and you're the 3P survivor then would could have lynch Ernie and then essentially have left you alone. Sure, you'd probably still be in this same situation, but you'd be in a better position having directly led to a scum lynch.

Not only that, even if you don't want to claim you would still want a record in your head of who was scum and who was town. I just can't believe you would forget someone claimed the same role as you and was almost certainly scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TMMadman posted:

but i might had been a target for the scumbois!! but yeah you had a point. Oh wells, it's not like I get 3P that much to know the secret strats.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not only that, even if you don't want to claim you would still want a record in your head of who was scum and who was town. I just can't believe you would forget someone claimed the same role as you and was almost certainly scum.

I wanted to focus on getting as much scum as I can. Ernie was already going to die, and like I said, there was a possibility of a multiple survivor game. So I pushed them in the back burner and spend my time arguing with CL instead.

It's not like Ernie posted that much to even help me remember them.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be honest, I kind of believe the 3P claim. It does have a ring of truth to it and it would explain the...desperateness...of Tireds posting. However, I also don't completely trust him and his weird insistence that Circl can't possibly be scum is strange. While I don't think Circl is actually scum, it's still prudent at this point to consider the possibility that he could be.

I think maybe the scum team has a general power(or two) that the entire team can use. Like what if the scum team was all goons, but which ever one was going to do the NK could choose to use either a ninja or juggernaut.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

How may people started this game? 5 non-town seems high but maybe not.

I dunno Moritz, I know I am not scum, I haven't even had an action all game, so that leaves you as scum/SK unless it really is one of the other 3 but that really seems like a longshot to me. Your posts are pretty earnest today but your play all game hasn't really backed up what you are saying today very well.

Sorry if you answered this already. Did you protect Kasu thinking he was scum or were you already trying to win with the town at that point?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I'll be honest, I kind of believe the 3P claim. It does have a ring of truth to it and it would explain the...desperateness...of Tireds posting. However, I also don't completely trust him and his weird insistence that Circl can't possibly be scum is strange. While I don't think Circl is actually scum, it's still prudent at this point to consider the possibility that he could be.

I think maybe the scum team has a general power(or two) that the entire team can use. Like what if the scum team was all goons, but which ever one was going to do the NK could choose to use either a ninja or juggernaut.

I like that we came to the same conclusion about his posting at the same time.

I have never seen a setup quite like what you describe but I suppose I have seen similar enough stuff that I could see that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I genuinely thought Kasu was town, but at the point of my vote, CL convinced me that it was a double scum scenario.

I really did want to win with town at that point.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm torn because I believe the claim but bringing a survivor to LYLO makes me nervous.

But I mean if the game is still going tomorrow and tired is still alive he will 99% be the vote anyway, I imagine.

Things to think about. Hm.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

I'm torn because I believe the claim but bringing a survivor to LYLO makes me nervous.

But I mean if the game is still going tomorrow and tired is still alive he will 99% be the vote anyway, I imagine.

Things to think about. Hm.

Yeah I mean I'm kind of torn too, but unless there are actually 2 scum left we can't lose by lynching either of them today.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm the one who killed Jam. lol. I'm not scum though.

:angel: All murderers go to hell :angel:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I still feel like Hal is a better lynch today. And since TM is already on Hal he can't do a sudden hammer, so I'll leave my vote here while I go run errands.

##vote Hal Incandenza

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CirclMastr posted:

I still feel like Hal is a better lynch today. And since TM is already on Hal he can't do a sudden hammer, so I'll leave my vote here while I go run errands.

##vote Hal Incandenza

Why am I better? im just the process of elimanation vote. No one has even said anything I've done was scummy.

Sad!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CirclMastr posted:

##vote Hal Incandenza

This whole post gives me a bad feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Phone posting, just wanted to avoid another "where's circlmastr" situation. So never mind I guess.

##unvote

• Locked thread