Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

If anything, Jason X is ripe for an episode. It's like an episode of Andromeda starring Jason Voorhees. No really, like half the cast was on that show at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

It's also the most Canadian version of space ever put to film.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hockles posted:

If anything, Jason X is ripe for an episode. It's like an episode of Andromeda starring Jason Voorhees. No really, like half the cast was on that show at the time.

I like how his new mask ends up at the bottom of Crysal lake after everything is said and done.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Hockles posted:

For obvious reasons, it is the episode I have listened to the most. Literally like 13 10 times.

I've listened to it quite a bit, too, and I think it's interesting because it sounds like they had quite a few bits written out ahead of time in that episode. Andrew and Eric have a bit of radio voice that sounds kinda... fake? when they're doing bits. The one that sticks out is the "hanging out in Michael Jackson's backyard" from that episode. There's also a little of it in the Silver Bullet episode. I'm not sure if it's actually written out, or if they get the giggles and re-record something and it sounds different the second time around, but it's definitely something I notice in the earlier episodes that isn't in the newer episodes.

I have no way of knowing obviously, but I get the impression they do everything from notes now-a-days whereas earlier episodes were a little more produced. I think the show now is super strong and prefer the off the cuff feel things have.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

MariusLecter posted:

I like how his new mask ends up at the bottom of Crysal lake after everything is said and done.

I like how he basically goes to a holodeck and mugs to the camera when the holoteens basically admit they're the perfect Jason bait

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

I was surprised they didn't bring up Sam acting like a complete lunatic during the Transformers 3 episode.

The bit where he pretends to laugh after visiting Patrick Dempsey and when he is screeching at the military people when he goes to find bumblebee is flat out disturbing.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
I literally just watched Part 7 a few weeks ago. The F13 Game has definitely fired up my interest in the series again. I even re listened to their ranking episode recently.

I feel like they need to play the game or at least watch some of it. As huge fans of the series (Andrew especially) they just have to. I disagree with them stroingly about Jason's design in part 7. I think it's one of the best looks he's ever had.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

AlliedBiscuit posted:

I literally just watched Part 7 a few weeks ago. The F13 Game has definitely fired up my interest in the series again. I even re listened to their ranking episode recently.

I feel like they need to play the game or at least watch some of it. As huge fans of the series (Andrew especially) they just have to. I disagree with them stroingly about Jason's design in part 7. I think it's one of the best looks he's ever had.

Yeah, I actually think that New Blood Jason is the raddest design he's had in any of the movies. The chain around the neck, exposed bones, and half-destroyed hockey mask really form a visual distinction beyond just "big dude in goalie equipment." The Part 8 design was a huge step backwards in comparison.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Hockles posted:

I agree, except that it almost feels like it's trying to be parody at that point. And making fun of something that's actively trying to be bad isn't quite as much fun.

That being said, Jason X was a ton of fun to see in the theater.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Fart City posted:

Well they can't very well do an episode on Jason Lives, because what's the point of critiquing a perfect film?

"why the hell'd they have to go and critique *Jason*?"

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
The revelation that every single Transformers is crammed full of Coen Brothers mainstays has hosed up my whole world.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
yeah they're professional actors weird

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Those bathrooms aren't going to pay for themselves.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like to think that Anthony Hopkins is in it for a new kitchen.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Kris Kristofferson might be the most underrated WHM impression. That, or Peter Falk.

The Kristofferson impression is one of the best parts of the Planet of the Apes episode. "C'mon, ya chickenshit. Ya fuckin' pussy."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Low Desert Punk posted:

Kris Kristofferson might be the most underrated WHM impression. That, or Peter Falk.

The Kristofferson impression is one of the best parts of the Planet of the Apes episode. "C'mon, ya chickenshit. Ya fuckin' pussy."

Agree.

Also, he was a delight in those Blade movies. :allears:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I watched Seventh Son last night and their Jeff Bridges impression is spot on

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I'm willing to wager $20 that the On-Screen for Last Knight is going to be the most positive episode they do all month. That was a legit fun film.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

END ME SCOOB posted:

I'm willing to wager $20 that the On-Screen for Last Knight is going to be the most positive episode they do all month. That was a legit fun film.

You ok there buddy?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Yeah I kinda wondered if I was nuts but even my wife left going "That was neat! Are the others like that?"

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

My buddy went to see The Last Knight this week and his response was that it was a fun bad film rather than a boring bad film. Maybe the boys will enjoy this one?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I saw it Last Knight and it's much more boring than my pick of best; #3. There's not a lot of interesting set pieces until the very end, and I prefer seeing the Transformers interacting with more real-world environments.

It's a wild plot, no doubt, but it's just so obviously three movies jammed together. There's not really a clear villain. Optimus is still a psycho, Quintessa is barely in it and Megatron has maybe two minutes of screentime overall. The previous films had some focus, this has finally got rid of the pretence.

I can respect what they're going for, but it wasn't super interesting to me.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I wish I had all this fun you guys are talking about.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Does anyone else feel like Chris and Eric have the weakest chemistry of the crew? I can't think of any times they really bounced off of each other to make a good joke. It's not even just a Cabin or an Eric thing either, 'cause Cabin has great chemistry with Steve and Eric works off Andrew really well.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Low Desert Punk posted:

Does anyone else feel like Chris and Eric have the weakest chemistry of the crew? I can't think of any times they really bounced off of each other to make a good joke. It's not even just a Cabin or an Eric thing either, 'cause Cabin has great chemistry with Steve and Eric works off Andrew really well.

I think it's because they're both downtempo guys. Pairing a down and an up always works because you've got contrast, and two uptempo guys are going to bounce off each other like crazy and be good as long as it doesn't veer into annoying, but Chris and Eric don't give each other the right kind of setups.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I think it's because they're both downtempo guys. Pairing a down and an up always works because you've got contrast, and two uptempo guys are going to bounce off each other like crazy and be good as long as it doesn't veer into annoying, but Chris and Eric don't give each other the right kind of setups.

I think you're right.

Speaking of Eric, I've started listening to Hooked on TJ Hooker and am enjoying it. If you haven't tried it out I'd say give it a listen. Once they finish this series I'd love if they did Murder She Wrote next. Jessica Fletcher seems like Eric's kinda gal. :getin:

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Eric accusing Chris of bestiality is one of the reoccurring bits that always gets me.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I have to say, these three Transformer podcasts are the best in recent memory, at least for me.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Violator posted:

I think you're right.

Speaking of Eric, I've started listening to Hooked on TJ Hooker and am enjoying it. If you haven't tried it out I'd say give it a listen. Once they finish this series I'd love if they did Murder She Wrote next. Jessica Fletcher seems like Eric's kinda gal. :getin:

Ben is subbing for Cabin on the new WHM episode.

:rip: Cabin

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Episode has dropped for me and there's a pretty good tangent about TaleSpin.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Low Desert Punk posted:

Somebody on here once compared Eric to Norm Macdonald, and it's very apt. He bring a kind of outsider humor to the podcast, but it only works when its outsider. Both Eric and Chris have that vibe, so it leaves little to mine because their dry weirdness is the punchline.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Michaellaneous posted:

I have to say, these three Transformer podcasts are the best in recent memory, at least for me.

I'm really digging the unintentional parallel of WHM actually putting in effort and managing to be funny even with such well trodden ground versus RedLetterMedia making three separate videos of "gently caress you this sucks we're not even trying" followed by an hour of robot noises over a black screen.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Fart City posted:

Somebody on here once compared Eric to Norm Macdonald, and it's very apt. He bring a kind of outsider humor to the podcast, but it only works when its outsider. Both Eric and Chris have that vibe, so it leaves little to mine because their dry weirdness is the punchline.

I've heard Eric referred to as a bemused wizard on this thread somewhere, I like that one.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

A Proper Uppercut posted:

I've heard Eric referred to as a bemused wizard on this thread somewhere, I like that one.

Eric the bemused wizard, Cabin the drug goblin, Steve the coward bard. We need to figure Jupin's class and we're all set for the dungeons and dragons live event

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

they're all ogres, apart from Steve who is probably some sort of halfling

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They won't say it but they like Transformers more each movie. I hear it in their voices.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Invalid Validation posted:

They won't say it but they like Transformers more each movie. I hear it in their voices.

I'm pretty sure 2 made them struggle to maintain the will to live. Hell, Chris hasn't been spotted since...

...has anyone checked on Chris?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Two is really bad but they're starting to come around. They even remember robot names.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Eric almost yelling "absolutely not!" when asked if anyone was going to recommend the second movie is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calaveron posted:

Eric the bemused wizard, Cabin the drug goblin, Steve the coward bard. We need to figure Jupin's class and we're all set for the dungeons and dragons live event

Eric's bemused because he keeps rolling tens