Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Finally going to actually play the game instead of just rerolling forever.
Wanted Waver, but after this many tries with no luck I'm going to cut my losses.

I have an account with Altria and Limited Zero Over. It's also got Tomamo Cat for my Zerker needs. When they do that pick a 4* thing I'll take EMIYA and be happy with saving quartz for some big banner.

Enough fretting over if I'm playing the most efficient way possible on day one. I'll take my Saber Waifu and go from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Nyaa posted:

I don't think the artist is capable of drawing any face beside saberface with his obsession.

The whole idea behind Sakura Saber is that Takeuchi was supposed to introduce a new Servant but instead drew another version of Saber.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Just do it Takeuchi. Make a Saberface Caster.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Just do it Takeuchi. Make a Saberface Caster.
it'll probably be female merlin, since arthur's lines show that in his world merlin is a girl.

alt. it could be morgan le fey. im kinda hoping for that.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

merlin is already a girl depending on his or her mood at any given moment is im pretty sure

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Lord Koth posted:

Good thing Jason isn't even a Servant so someone can't even ironically do that. And given how much the Nasuverse plays up just how much of a dick he is with basically no redeeming qualities, I don't think a version of him will ever get released either.
Actually they plan on introducing him due to popular demand.

He's a dick, but he's a lovable dick. :v:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Figured I'd do a 10 roll... all dupes (Stheno x2 (puts me at x3), Imaginary x2 (puts me at x5), Verdant x2 (puts me at x3), Be Elegant (puts me at x3).

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Kyte posted:

Actually they plan on introducing him due to popular demand.

He's a dick, but he's a lovable dick. :v:

I could have sworn seeing him described as effectively having Gil's personality, except with absolutely none of the good points or vaguely legitimate reasonings from a certain point of view, along with lacking the ability to actually back any of it up. Doesn't exactly sound very lovable to me, but I guess JAPAN(?).

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Endorph posted:

alt. it could be morgan le fey. im kinda hoping for that.

Do this then do an entire Pendragon Family event.

Wait, we'll need Guinevere too. She and Emiya can get into fights.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Gachapon gave me Marie as my free 4-star. She seems fairly weak but she's rad enough as a "wife" that I'm keeping her. Any recommendations on who I should stick in a team with her using Servants I can get from free Gachapon rolls? If at all possible, I'd like to have a team consisting entirely of unpleasant and/or unsympathetic women

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

Gachapon gave me Marie as my free 4-star. She seems fairly weak but she's rad enough as a "wife" that I'm keeping her. Any recommendations on who I should stick in a team with her using Servants I can get from free Gachapon rolls? If at all possible, I'd like to have a team consisting entirely of unpleasant and/or unsympathetic women
medea, stheno, kiyohime

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Neat, I got a double of Kiyohime already. What purpose should I put the spare towards? Leveling up her NP?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yes

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm saving all my Quartz and Tickets for Francis Drake.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Fortunately for my sanity my first reroll gave me Medea and Martha for the tutorial roll and Altera, D'Eon and a slew of useful CEs for the quartz roll so I'm set.

And since Altera chose to show up once again (she was my first 5* in JP FGO) I think I'm gonna grail her. I don't super like her FGO design but Wada improved her by 100% for Extella so I can just pretend.

Lord Koth posted:

I could have sworn seeing him described as effectively having Gil's personality, except with absolutely none of the good points or vaguely legitimate reasonings from a certain point of view, along with lacking the ability to actually back any of it up. Doesn't exactly sound very lovable to me, but I guess JAPAN(?).
It's not just Japan. Really, he's an egocentric rear end in a top hat with no tact whatsoever but he's actually a good guy (as in, "displays good intentions", rather than "we're told he's good"), and pretty fun to witness.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 27, 2017

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

What are those blue crystals used for? None of Da Vinci's shops use it as currency.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's used for literally anything involving servant levelling including skills, exp, ascensions, and so on.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The man called M posted:

What are those blue crystals used for? None of Da Vinci's shops use it as currency.

It's money. You spend it when doing any upgrade.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Downloaded this and played a little bit of the story. Seems fun enough but I feel like they could stand to add some more tutorials. Don't know what I'm doing enough to bother rerolling so I hope I have a halfway decent team to muddle through with. I pulled Cu Chulainn, the prototype version of Chu Chulainn, Darius III, Alexander, Julius Caesar, and Carmilla. Should I bother pulling again or just hoard for a decent banner? Want to try to stay F2P on this as I already sink enough money into another gacha game I play.

Also was there supposed to be a thing where you can select any 4* servant you want or has that not shown up yet? Still getting the hang of navigating the menus.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

The man called M posted:

QUICK GUIDE TO CONSUMABLES:

Bronze/silver/gold-colored crystal cards: ___ of Wisdom: Servant-type cards, they are XP you feed to your servants to level them up. Matching class confers 50% more XP. All-class XP (starburst icon) matches class with anybody, including Extra classes such as Shielder. Extra Classes don't have matching XP cards, so you either have to eat the efficiency hit or save your All-Class XP for them.

Squirrel dude: Hero Crystal: ___ Fou aka Fou cards: Servant-type cards, they are used to increase your servants' stats a little bit up to a cap. Feed them to whoever is your main attacker then whoever you like the most. You can only add +1000 HP/ATK through this method. It's honestly not that big of a deal but muh completionism. You can only use matching or All-Class Fous.

Round blue crystals with class icon: Shining Gem of ___: They are consumed to reach levels 2 and 3 on a skill. Obviously needs to match class to be usable.
Rectangular red crystals with class icon: Magic Gem of ___: Consumables to reach levels 4 and 5 of skills.
Pointy yellow crystals with class icon: Secret Gem of ___: Consumables to reach levels 6 and 7 of skills.
Weird purple cubey thingies: Crystallized Lore: Consumable to reach lv 10 on a skill.

Silver figurines: Used to ascend Servants to their 2nd stage.
Gold figurines: Used to ascend Servants to their 3rd stage.

Assorted random weird objects such as claws and fangs: Consumables to level skills to level 5 and higher and ascend servants to 3rd, 4th and final stages.

Blue crystal thingies: QP, the currency used to pay for all improvements. Feeding XP uses a little QP, ascension uses a significant amount and skills range from "a little" at low levels to "literally millions" for the last few levels.

Holy Grails: Enable Palingenesis, aka uncap a Servant past their natural level cap. 60/65->70->75->80->85->90->92->94->96->98->100. It eats shittons of XP and QP. Grail for waifu, not for stats.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 27, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
who has a high level herc to carry my rear end through the exp quests? I want my swole Emiya

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
So, at what hour do dailies reset ? Kinda wanna go to bed but I'm sure it's about to switch soonish

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it says on my phone around 18/19 mins

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Ledgy posted:

So, at what hour do dailies reset ? Kinda wanna go to bed but I'm sure it's about to switch soonish

It should be showing a countdown on each daily quest. They all say 20min for me - I assume it's the same everywhere.

edit: I'm not sure whether daily bonuses and free rolls refresh at a different time, or if it's just that you need to quit to title or something to force it to check.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 28, 2017

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Yeah thanks, it said a hour left 2 hours ago but I'm sure this is standard fuckery

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Ledgy posted:

Yeah thanks, it said a hour left 2 hours ago but I'm sure this is standard fuckery

The hours are definitely rounded down.

----

edit: How do CEs that boost card effectiveness interact with NPs of that type? Do they just boost damage of damage-dealing NPs, do they do nothing, or do they somehow boost non-damaging NPs as well?

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 28, 2017

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

The hours are definitely rounded down.

----

edit: How do CEs that boost card effectiveness interact with NPs of that type? Do they just boost damage of damage-dealing NPs, do they do nothing, or do they somehow boost non-damaging NPs as well?

They boost all the card's traits. NP effects aren't magnified, but card effects like gauge/crit stars generated are improved

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

J-Spot posted:

Downloaded this and played a little bit of the story. Seems fun enough but I feel like they could stand to add some more tutorials. Don't know what I'm doing enough to bother rerolling so I hope I have a halfway decent team to muddle through with. I pulled Cu Chulainn, the prototype version of Chu Chulainn, Darius III, Alexander, Julius Caesar, and Carmilla. Should I bother pulling again or just hoard for a decent banner? Want to try to stay F2P on this as I already sink enough money into another gacha game I play.

Also was there supposed to be a thing where you can select any 4* servant you want or has that not shown up yet? Still getting the hang of navigating the menus.

Either reroll or look through this thread for people giving away teams. It's definitely worth rerolling for a 5-star Servant and/or Hercules so you can :killdozer: everything.

They haven't implemented the free giveaway yet.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Well that's weird, the free summon refreshed but not the daily login bonuses. Oh well.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Just reached Septem. I'm having a lot of fun with my Waver, Alexander, Kojiro, Asterios, Cu Chulain team.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Well I definitely hit a hard wall at Carmilla in Orleans. After 2 10-pulls this is the roster I'm working with. Someone help me put together something useful (or tell me to reroll I guess). I suppose the time I've invested so far isn't that much even if it was 2ish days. I've just been blowing all my stam on xp dailies today trying to get some stats meanwhile I see a bunch of 60 supports already which is bonkers.
http://imgur.com/a/M30Vs

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I figured I'd wait to continue the story into Orleans and grind some Exp for my Saber and Rider, both of which I have good characters in. Sadly after finishing Fuyuki it turned out I had less time than I thought, since the switch is at ~7:30 local time. Now its Caster and Archer exp, and my stable of those right now is Motzart, Caster Cu and Arash. Looks like I'll be doing the four warriors thing to get stuff for Lu Bu instead.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I rolled Waver this is the greatest day of my life

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Quetzadilla posted:

Well I definitely hit a hard wall at Carmilla in Orleans. After 2 10-pulls this is the roster I'm working with. Someone help me put together something useful (or tell me to reroll I guess). I suppose the time I've invested so far isn't that much even if it was 2ish days. I've just been blowing all my stam on xp dailies today trying to get some stats meanwhile I see a bunch of 60 supports already which is bonkers.
yeah there's nothing you can do other than level people up really

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Quetzadilla posted:

Level up Marie some. She's a Rider and will take less damage and do more damage to Carmilla, an Assassin.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Dr Pepper posted:

Level up Marie some. She's a Rider and will take less damage and do more damage to Carmilla, an Assassin.

Got it backwards, you want a Caster. Riders are weak to Assassins.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

do not troll him

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tarezax posted:

Got it backwards, you want a Caster. Riders are weak to Assassins.

Endorph posted:

do not troll him

Ooops.

To be fair I haven't gotten the triangles memorized.

Level LanCaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Hey folks, checking this game out. Pulled Zhuge Liang/Waver as well as Lancer/Cu Chulainn, Robin Hood and Marie Antoinette among the mentionables from 2 10pulls.

From what I'm reading Waver is a high demand starter. I don't mind rerolling but if the above is 'good' I'll keep it and get into the game.