Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It's not complete trash. But like others have said there are so many so much better ways to spend your time gaming nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

On a financial level, I have no problem paying $5 for Knack. But on a philosophical level, I think I would betray my morals by not waiting for the hallowed mythical month where it appears on PS+.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

punk rebel ecks posted:

How is that Attack on Titan game?

The 3ds one is p good.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

On a financial level, I have no problem paying $5 for Knack. But on a philosophical level, I think I would betray my morals by not waiting for the hallowed mythical month where it appears on PS+.

just imagine being that guy that buys it the month before. i wouldnt be able to look in the mirror anymore

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Had a slightly weird issue with the PS store when I was trying to download the new Diablo expansion, I want to know if there might have been a better way to do this or if this could just be the store acting completely normally. We've got two consoles, and one copy of Diablo 3 on disk. Diablo 3 is almost never on sale so we were going to get it when it next fell to ~£15, and the new full-game-plus-DLC bundle was ~£15 more than the Necromancer DLC itself. Figured this would be a good opportunity to get rid of the disk.

So I downloaded the DLC onto my flatmate's console because he wanted to try it right away, and then went to download the full game on my own console so I can try it whenever I've finished Rocket League. It finished downloading then wouldn't work. Insisted the game still needed a disk. It wasn't downloadable from the library, nor from the store page, I ended up having to uninstall the game completely and then redownload the game.

So, for future reference, before I decide on replacing any more disk games, is there a less dumb way to do this?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

TheDarkFlame posted:

Had a slightly weird issue with the PS store when I was trying to download the new Diablo expansion, I want to know if there might have been a better way to do this or if this could just be the store acting completely normally. We've got two consoles, and one copy of Diablo 3 on disk. Diablo 3 is almost never on sale so we were going to get it when it next fell to ~£15, and the new full-game-plus-DLC bundle was ~£15 more than the Necromancer DLC itself. Figured this would be a good opportunity to get rid of the disk.

So I downloaded the DLC onto my flatmate's console because he wanted to try it right away, and then went to download the full game on my own console so I can try it whenever I've finished Rocket League. It finished downloading then wouldn't work. Insisted the game still needed a disk. It wasn't downloadable from the library, nor from the store page, I ended up having to uninstall the game completely and then redownload the game.

So, for future reference, before I decide on replacing any more disk games, is there a less dumb way to do this?
Installs from disc don't work with digital licenses. I'm not sure why you'd need to delete it to be able to download it digitally, though. Not sure if that's normal but I might just not be remembering.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Liver Disaster posted:

The 3ds one is p good.

And PS4 one?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Reviews are saying that it's way better than the 3ds version.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

TheDarkFlame posted:

Try restoring your license next time?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Knack 2 is gonna make it obsolete. Just wait for that to be 6 dollars in 2019

might as well wait for Knack 3

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Liver Disaster posted:

My friend who likes attack on titan loves it fwiw. Looks allright but pretty repetitive from what I've seen of it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I saw the giant bomb quick look for that game a while back and the swinging around looks cool in the same way the better spider-man games are cool

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Awesome! posted:

the ds4 triggers are analog arent they? pretty sure you are thinking of the face buttons which used to be analog

The triggers are analog, but when detected as plug and play by the ps3, the ds4 triggers are treated as digital

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Real hurthling! posted:

You need to play Knack 1 to get caught up on the lore before you start the second one

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Honestly you don't need to play Knack 1, you can just watch lore videos on youtube.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Liver Disaster posted:

Thanks. I'll likely pick it up when it's even cheaper.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I saw the giant bomb quick look for that game a while back and the swinging around looks cool in the same way the better spider-man games are cool

Would it be wrong if I wished this game would be motion controls based like Rodea the Sky Soldier?

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 28, 2017

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

acksplode posted:

Honestly you don't need to play Knack 1, you can just watch lore videos on youtube.

Might as well just watch the endings on youtube like a scrub.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Has anyone ever played Chronicles of Teddy? It's three bucks and looked okay as far as your indie pixel games go.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

J-Spot posted:

Has anyone ever played Chronicles of Teddy? It's three bucks and looked okay as far as your indie pixel games go.

Yeah its ok but i couldnt be bothered to finish it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What's the typical delay on the Horizon platinum theme? I got the trophy about 18 hours ago but no email yet. It looks like if it never shows up I can contact support and prove I got it for a code, so at what point should I give up and do that?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

J-Spot posted:

It's a bit like if they made Zelda II actually good. Some of the bosses are bullshit though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I totally platinumed Horizon months ago and never got an email about it. So whoever got an email without actually getting the platinum, you're welcome and I hope you enjoy your theme

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

haveblue posted:

What's the typical delay on the Horizon platinum theme? I got the trophy about 18 hours ago but no email yet. It looks like if it never shows up I can contact support and prove I got it for a code, so at what point should I give up and do that?

I got mine about 24 hours after achieving the platinum. Depends on how badly you want the theme.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

It took a day or two for me too; then a few weeks later I got an email reminding me that I only had three more trophies to go to get the plat so yeah the whole system is jank.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone try out Plague Inc ? It's in the sale.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BisterdDave posted:

I got mine about 24 hours after achieving the platinum. Depends on how badly you want the theme.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wonder where that guy is now...

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I have my reasons why I enjoy trophies, none of which are for online bragging rights. I couldn't care less if anyone looked at my list.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I wonder where that guy is now...
the same pic but its older him wearing an orange jumpsuit saying "The great thing about public indecency isn't beating off in the park, its showing everyone else that I did."

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I platinumed Horizon moths ago and Bloodborne in the first month of its release. Never got themes for either. :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any of you guys have a pro and a x900e? I just got a x900e and can't get my PS4 to show up in enhanced mode. I get a no input found error. Anyone know how to fix?

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
I see that Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition is $12.99 CAD right now with the Mid-Year Sale, would anyone recommend it or should I just wait until Battlefront 2 (assuming it's not as terrible at launch as I heard this one was)? I played the beta ages ago but can't really remember if I liked it or not, I've mostly enjoyed DICE's recent Battlefield games if that means anything.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Real hurthling! posted:

six dollars? ehhhhh i don't know, i don't think i can buy something that's over 4.17 on sale

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mom with a blog posted:

I see that Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition is $12.99 CAD right now with the Mid-Year Sale, would anyone recommend it or should I just wait until Battlefront 2 (assuming it's not as terrible at launch as I heard this one was)? I played the beta ages ago but can't really remember if I liked it or not, I've mostly enjoyed DICE's recent Battlefield games if that means anything.

I enjoyed it for a couple of hours. If you think 13 bucks is worth that much, at least PS4 is the right platform for it

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

J-Spot posted:

I really liked it. It has some things some people will find annoying but I thought it was a fun cool and pretty Zelda II like

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

fit em all up in there posted:

Anyone try out Plague Inc ? It's in the sale.

It was fine to dick around with as a phone game. I wouldnt dedicate couch time to it. Looks like its all that in app purchases of the phone game and thats about it. Try it for free on android first if you have ANY device.

I played it like 5 times and tried all the strategies I could and was done. But thats me I saw a guy get all the dlc and play if for 3 months. All portable mind you.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 28, 2017

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
This discussion is from a couple pages ago but for me Nier:Automata is a JRPG with phenomenal combat. Others see it as an ARPG with pretty good combat. Some see it as an Character Action game with too much talking and bad to middling fighting. I don't really feel any one of these opinions are wrong it just really depends on what you're there for.

If Attack on Titan was 20 dollars I'd probably purchase it. Do you have the option to remove damage numbers and stuff so my game will look more like an anime? I've not watched the anime past the tenth episode but it looks like it'd make a better video game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you have a PSVR, grab Battlefront immediately so you can play the X-wing mission. That's worth $10 all by itself.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I enjoyed it for a couple of hours. If you think 13 bucks is worth that much, at least PS4 is the right platform for it

Yeah, I checked out those numbers and ending up saying "why not", I figure it's something to check out (along with grabbing How to Survive 2 for $5). With that and 7 Days to Die being like, $14 a few days ago I'm pretty happy with these sales cus I love me some local co-op. Buying NieR: Automata for $60 at a local game store is pretty good considering I haven't noticed if it's on sale yet in the store.

haveblue posted:

If you have a PSVR, grab Battlefront immediately so you can play the X-wing mission. That's worth $10 all by itself.

No PSVR here but that mission looks drat cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Bombadilillo posted:

It was fine to dick around with as a phone game. I wouldnt dedicate couch time to it. Looks like its all that in app purchases of the phone game and thats about it. Try it for free on android first if you have ANY device.

I played it like 5 times and tried all the strategies I could and was done. But thats me I saw a guy get all the dlc and play if for 3 months. All portable mind you.

The game has apparently changed a lot. If you like CYOA narrative games like FTL or Rimworld or Stellaris or w/e, it goes in that direction where the ways in which you can gently caress up end up doing bizarre things like resulting in the world worshiping your disease as a religion.