Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

He gave him a little love tap, you can practically put another driver into a wall and have it called a racing incident, but Seb took the ten second penalty on the chin and finished ahead so all is well.

Yeah, he finished ahead because of Lewis's headrest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

iospace posted:

Yeah, he finished ahead because of Lewis's headrest.

Maybe Lewis should've checked that before heading out.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

He gave him a little love tap, you can practically put another driver into a wall and have it called a racing incident now, but Seb took the ten second penalty on the chin and finished ahead so all is well.

Lmfao if you think he took it "on the chin," he's still crying about it. It's a racing incident when it's RACING, not when you're under safety car and can barely see through the tears. It's going to be hilarious when he tries to pull this poo poo again and they throw the book at him.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka posted:

they throw the book at him.

Im always wondered what f1 would look without ferrari

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Maybe Lewis should've checked that before heading out.

Yes, something that Lewis had absolutely no control over and normally does not handle was his fault. The fact that he was able to race at all with it loose and with one hand on the wheel says something about his talent. If it wasn't loose, we're talking Seb in 5th and Lewis in 4th, maybe 3rd (possibly 2nd).

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

Yes, something that Lewis had absolutely no control over and normally does not handle was his fault. The fact that he was able to race at all with it loose and with one hand on the wheel says something about his talent. If it wasn't loose, we're talking Seb in 5th and Lewis in 4th, maybe 3rd (possibly 2nd).

nice meltdown

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
What Vettel did, IMO, was good.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Vettel is still the biggest fraud on the grid.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Lewis all last year: "My mechanics are poo poo, they're absolutely garbage, they're the reason my car is so unreliable"

*can't even do a simple tug at his head rest to make sure its in properly before heading out*

Hmm I dunno.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Posts as bad as his tires.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

1500quidporsche posted:

Lewis all last year: "My mechanics are poo poo, they're absolutely garbage, they're the reason my car is so unreliable"

*can't even do a simple tug at his head rest to make sure its in properly before heading out*

Hmm I dunno.

lol c'mon, I'm no Lewis fan but why on earth would he check that. That's not his job.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lewis threw Vettel a brutal brake check, could have killed the lad. Vettel tried to warn off Lewis but his critically damaged car swerved slightly tapped Lewis's car, and somehow he's the bad guy.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

lol c'mon, I'm no Lewis fan but why on earth would he check that. That's not his job.

Because it would've saved him a pitstop and helped him gain ground in the championship on the off chance that it wasn't attached? Like it's a two second thing you can do once you're strapped into the car. This is what infuriates me with Hamilton. You can't have it both ways where you bitch about poo poo going wrong and then do absolutely nothing to try and prevent it until it's too late.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Because it would've saved him a pitstop and helped him gain ground in the championship on the off chance that it wasn't attached? Like it's a two second thing you can do once you're strapped into the car. This is what infuriates me with Hamilton. You can't have it both ways where you bitch about poo poo going wrong and then do absolutely nothing to try and prevent it until it's too late.

Is this a bit?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

Especially considering how often Vettel's strategy was just "use qualifying mode no one else has, build 10 second gap while Webber barely holds on to second, poodle around for 90 minutes and win", those have to be some of the least deserved championships.
I dunno what you're talking about, those championships are totally deserved. Adrian Newey deserved every one of those.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I dunno what you're talking about, those championships are totally deserved. Adrian Newey deserved every one of those.

Yeah is like telling Mercedes doenst deserves her championships. VERY SEXIST!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I'm a Vettel fan and think he was behaving like a stupid spoiled brat.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Vettle hitting Hamilton was good and cool

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Vettel is why I didn't watch from 2011 to the current formula.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

2012 was a great season and so was half of 2013.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

dentist toy box posted:

2012 was a great season and so was half of 2013.

When you saw Vettel peel past Hamilton at Spa 2013 you knew another Vettel WDC was going to happen. Somehow the RB car picked up Mercedes pace during the summer break.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Minto Took posted:

Vettel is why I didn't watch from 2011 to the current formula.

2012 was a fantastic season man.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Posts as bad as his tires.

Savage af up in here right now. Holy hell

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

Yeah is like telling Mercedes doenst deserves her championships. VERY SEXIST!

You're right, Ross Brawn does.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

You Am I posted:

I don't think Max has any mechanical sympathy for his cars, taking a guess. He just goes flat out and wonders why it blows up

Sometimes I wonder where you people get the balls to mock me.

Max's DNFs.

Bahrain. Lap 11 brake failure.
Spain. Lap 1 damage
Canada. Lap 10 electrical
Bacu. Lap 12 oil pressure.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'll get around to watching it. I didn't at the time because I saw another German in a Ferrari winning a lot.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Human Grand Prix posted:

And heartbreaking.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Has Hamilton been banned from F1 for dangerous driving yet.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

If I had the power to travel to an alternate dimension I'd go to one where Lewis was the one that petulantly drove into the side of Vettel instead, and I'd bring back a text dump of everyone's posts and the autosport comments and smash them in here and the thread would explode.

Then I'd go and live in the universe where Stroll was never on the podium and Nico Rosberg wasn't a wdc

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

learnincurve posted:

I was born with them you insensitive clod. <:mad:>

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

learnincurve posted:

here is where.

Hamilton's car breaks down more than Rosbergs in 2016. Hamilton's fault because stupid black kid or something.
Verstappen's car breaks more than Ricciardo in 2017. Redbulls fault because ?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

learnincurve posted:

Max's DNFs.

Bahrain. Lap 11 brake failure.
Spain. Lap 1 damage
Canada. Lap 10 electrical
Bacu. Lap 12 oil pressure.

Hey, if you post here, all bets are off.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's not called the worst thread because people have good opinions

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Dubs posted:

here is where.

Hamilton's car breaks down more than Rosbergs in 2016. Hamilton's fault because stupid black kid or something.
Verstappen's car breaks more than Ricciardo in 2017. Redbulls fault because ?

Lewis had repeated engine failure, the only one related to Max's engine was the oil pressure going on lap 12 which wasn't enough laps for him to have self owned. From the amount of things that have gone wrong with both cars, and not just in the race, it is obvious that something has gone horribly wrong either at Renault or Red Bull. One wonders if after years of having all the best Renault engineers working at Red Bull, they haven't swapped them over to the works team.

But yeh, he's kind of ugly, gets paid too much to do everyone's dream job, and gets to drown in a sea of models every night so clearly he was responsible for brake failure on lap 11.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

You Am I posted:

When you saw Vettel peel past Hamilton at Spa 2013 you knew another Vettel WDC was going to happen. Somehow the RB car picked up Mercedes pace during the summer break.

Wasn't it related to tires that year? Up until the summer break, RB had been bitching about the tire compounds then everything went all quiet and boom, they're back on track winning races.

:tinfoil:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Re Hamilton v Vettel: Reminder that in 2006 the battle of their number twos happened, and Webber beat Rosberg. That's the Mark Webber who couldn't beat Vettel, and the Reigning World Champion Nico Rosberg.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I mean he should have binned it in Canada on turn one.
Ricciardo has had major issues with Red Bull as well, but aside from engine failure in Melbourne and brake failure in Russia, he seems to be able to get a full race distance out of his car.

I mean I honestly thought Rosberg had just done more work in preseason than Hamilton but I was wrong.
I don't think people can honestly say that Ricciardo is getting favorable treatment because there's no way Horner is stupid enough to pull that poo poo with two drivers he has to deal with next year, especially not when Verstappen is outperforming Ricciardo when he is at race pace.
The flip side is that it's not really Verstappen's fault either. The brake failure could probably be attributed to his willingness to his aggressive driving style but it doesn't explain the engine or electrical faults (the Renault being hot garbage this year explains that).

At the end of the day, Red Bull are just not a genuine contender this year.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
There was speculation of Danny Ric one day ending up at Ferrari, I guess there is zero chance of that happening whilst Vettel is in situ.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Theophany posted:

There was speculation of Danny Ric one day ending up at Ferrari, I guess there is zero chance of that happening whilst Vettel is in situ.

He has an Italian last name. There will always be speculation that Danny Ric is going to one day end up at Ferrari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Schlesische posted:

He has an Italian last name. There will always be speculation that Danny Ric is going to one day end up at Ferrari.

Fair point. I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that Joe the Nazi gets a seat there when Kimi finally goes into hibernation at the end of the season.

• Locked thread