Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

thrawn527 posted:

I'm pretty sure 2 made them struggle to maintain the will to live. Hell, Chris hasn't been spotted since...

...has anyone checked on Chris?

Crabin was the only one smart enough to look at the three more movies that were waiting ahead, and instead opt for the sweet release of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

They won't say it but they like Transformers more each movie. I hear it in their voices.

Stockholm syndrome exists, it's true.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Calaveron posted:

Eric the bemused wizard, Cabin the drug goblin, Steve the coward bard. We need to figure Jupin's class and we're all set for the dungeons and dragons live event

Some sort of long suffering paladin that's just desperately trying to keep everyone focused on the task at hand?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

duz posted:

Some sort of long suffering paladin that's just desperately trying to keep everyone focused on the task at hand?

Except the paladin part, you pretty much just described the DM.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The Deleter posted:

Episode has dropped for me and there's a pretty good tangent about TaleSpin.

I secretly hope for a "live-action" remake of TaleSpin even though the creators would make everyone look really realistic like in the Jungle Book movie but with clothes and a more humanoid figure. I could get past how weird it would look.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Guy Mann posted:

I'm really digging the unintentional parallel of WHM actually putting in effort and managing to be funny even with such well trodden ground versus RedLetterMedia making three separate videos of "gently caress you this sucks we're not even trying" followed by an hour of robot noises over a black screen.

You'll have to wait untill next week to hear WHM's hour of robot noises podcast. RedLetterMedia has only been making great videos about Age of Extinction.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Gyges posted:

You'll have to wait untill next week to hear WHM's hour of robot noises podcast. RedLetterMedia has only been making great videos about Age of Extinction.

RLM's approach to Transformers is great because for any other franchise it would be a cheap, one-note joke, which makes it specifically perfect for Transformers.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I'm really disappointed that they didn't even touch upon the fact that Age of Extinction gives a PSA on Romeo and Juliet laws. I mean what the gently caress, movie.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I'm really disappointed that they didn't even touch upon the fact that Age of Extinction gives a PSA on Romeo and Juliet laws. I mean what the gently caress, movie.

I came here to ask if that's actually in the movie or if it's a deleted scene because I couldn't believe they didn't touch on it.

I did look up TJ Miller's death based on their "recommendation" and it actually surpasses the hype, it's incredible.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Tender Bender posted:

I came here to ask if that's actually in the movie or if it's a deleted scene because I couldn't believe they didn't touch on it.

100% in the theatrical.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I love that they just sort of started to watch Youtube videos in the middle of the recording.

My favorite part of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is the fact that Prime is all flying around then gets caught up in cables, then doesn't appear for another 20 minutes in the middle f the long final fight scene because he apparently can't get out.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I did look up TJ Miller's death based on their "recommendation" and it actually surpasses the hype, it's incredible.
The best part is Whalberg's non-reaction to seeing his long-time friend getting turned into an ash-covered skeleton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDd3xayehVg

e: The best preview image.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

So uh is this the longest ever WHM? Not counting commentaries of course.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Evil Mastermind posted:

The best part is Whalberg's non-reaction to seeing his long-time friend getting turned into an ash-covered skeleton.

That's Whally's reaction to everything though. Even when he has dialogue and a product placement adult beverage to go with it.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Tender Bender posted:

It's a loving bonkers death in a movie franchise that has never had that level of graphic (human) violence before. My natural reaction upon first seeing it was disbelieving laughter/"whaaaaaaaaaat"

Violator
May 15, 2003

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Yeah, I've been a little surprised they haven't touched on a lot of the really weird stuff like Devastator's testicles, "Give me your face!", the boyfriend having a card in his wallet defending the legality of having sex with a minor, etc. And some stuff, like the racist bots in Part 2, felt kinda glossed over. The boys have taken a strong stance on some movies, like calling BvS morally reprehensible, so I was expecting a little more edge in their critique of the Transformers movies. I still appreciate the episodes and think they're really funny, but each one left me asking "How did they miss X?"

But I guess I can't really fault them, though. Plowing through the entire series has got to be one run-on WTF and picking out particular details is probably tough. Seeing Part 3 in theaters is the first time I've ever gotten a headache from a movie and I had to put my head down because it was too much. Not even the handful of lovely 3D movies I've seen in theater did that to me.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I like how their Marky Mark turns into Jerry Seinfeld after a certain point.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Violator posted:

Yeah, I've been a little surprised they haven't touched on a lot of the really weird stuff like Devastator's testicles, "Give me your face!", the boyfriend having a card in his wallet defending the legality of having sex with a minor, etc. And some stuff, like the racist bots in Part 2, felt kinda glossed over. The boys have taken a strong stance on some movies, like calling BvS morally reprehensible, so I was expecting a little more edge in their critique of the Transformers movies. I still appreciate the episodes and think they're really funny, but each one left me asking "How did they miss X?"

But I guess I can't really fault them, though. Plowing through the entire series has got to be one run-on WTF and picking out particular details is probably tough. Seeing Part 3 in theaters is the first time I've ever gotten a headache from a movie and I had to put my head down because it was too much. Not even the handful of lovely 3D movies I've seen in theater did that to me.

I feel like some of it might be that those jokes have been beaten to death regarding the movies and they wanna go for fresher material. Everyone who's talked about RotF has talked about Devastator's nuts, or GIVE ME YOUR FACE, or the racist bots, and everyone who's talked about Age of Extinction has brought up the Romeo and Juliet Law thing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Soup du Jour posted:

So uh is this the longest ever WHM? Not counting commentaries of course.

Batman v superman is 2 hours 9 minutes and x-men the last stand is 2 hours 3 minutes

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bobkatt013 posted:

Batman v superman is 2 hours 9 minutes and x-men the last stand is 2 hours 3 minutes

If they had got Eric in a bat suit to murder a warehouse full of henchmen they could get to that BvS time.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I had quite a few drinks in me when I saw this opening night in the theater and totally busted out laughing real hard when this happened. I was the only one laughing but I didn't really care because it's a loving transformer movie. The tonal whiplash in this scene is just loving incredible.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I was 100% stunned when I saw that. It's such a grim event in what's a pretty lighthearted movie overall. I struggle to think of any other human protagonists actually dying in these movies, much less the comic relief characters.

edit: haha, as if this is the most normal thing to say:

"He was the guy who used to smoke crack on my stoop, remember? You met him, Ben."

well why not fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jun 28, 2017

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

https://twitter.com/octopaganini/status/880045131222720512
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/880051642170781696
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/880053117525602304

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jun 28, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Transformers 3 also had background people get vaporized into skeleton parts on screen but I know they were just extras and not potential comic reliefs

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Being turned into skeletons has also kind of been seen before in stuff like Spider-Man and Mars Attacks. It's shocking but not as viscerally so as what happens to Miller in Age Of Extinction. The carbon bomb - or whatever it is - pushes his death pretty close to body horror. And it's pretty telling from an editing standpoint: you get a quick mid shot of him, and then a wide shot. It feels like it's lacking a tighter close up after Marky Mark notices the body. I have to imagine that's because even the MPAA was like, "Jesus Christ Michael Bay, no."

Tart Kitty fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 28, 2017

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

GrandpaPants posted:

I like how their Marky Mark turns into Jerry Seinfeld after a certain point.

I noticed that their Kelsey Grammer and Optimus Prime voices started to really blend together.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Nothing makes me laugh harder than a well-timed "OH, GOOD LORD!"

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Shouldn't there be a new mailbag episode today? It hasn't appeared on my feed yet.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm glad they honored the memory of Oreobot. :patriot:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

AlliedBiscuit posted:

I noticed that their Kelsey Grammer and Optimus Prime voices started to really blend together.

The boys only have about five actual voices, and they start running together if they do them for long enough. That's not a negative either, because it's hilarious. One of my favorite WHM jokes of all time is Andrew saying Eric's Christopher Lambert was turning into Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

They also use the impression of the guy from American Movie for about 4 different people, and it's always funny.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Andrew's Robert Stack could double for Hank Hill.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

AlliedBiscuit posted:

It's also their Agent Smith.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Best voices on WHM is a trick question because it's not a celebrity impersonation, it's the shark voice and the horse voice.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ror posted:

Best voices on WHM is a trick question because it's not a celebrity impersonation, it's the shark voice and the horse voice.

I fuckin' love the shark voice. Have they done Street Sharks as an animation damnation yet?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

My favorite voice is "union guy" who is also Charles Bronson.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Wilford Brimley and Christopher Lambert/Jean Claude are my top tier. Also add Hamsterman as an honorable mention.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Hockles posted:

My favorite voice is "union guy" who is also Charles Bronson.

gonna do some may-jick for yehs

boom; you're dead, jeff goldblum rapist

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ok I listened to the entire Gallagher interview and I didn't hear the "I can do________, Marc!" thing.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Tender Bender posted:

Ok I listened to the entire Gallagher interview and I didn't hear the "I can do________, Marc!" thing.

Ya pranked!

Actually that's really weird. I've never listened to the whole interview, because I can't stand Gallagher. Maybe there's more than one? Or maybe it was just a weird improv riff based on his general whininess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Ya pranked!

Actually that's really weird. I've never listened to the whole interview, because I can't stand Gallagher. Maybe there's more than one? Or maybe it was just a weird improv riff based on his general whininess.

Ghalagher repeats a lot about how he has written so many hours of material and a bunch of other stuff. Taking all that and then the part where Maron says he has an open mind to other peoples pain to not joke about certain things and Galagher says he has an open mind too, whiningly.

Whatever the case, Galagher impresion is gold.