Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Sledger is great because black hand and a bishop or 88 is the best stealth safety blanket for learning how to do black hand power suit runs. Black hand before anyone knows you're there. Fuckoff cannon in case they do know you're there and you can't take any more fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
precursor james drives mongoose with two tremblors and an emp

Section Z posted:

Precursor James is freelance only, sorry.

Unrelated, for as much as I gush about gun mobility on certain Agravs, thanks to whoever it was way back that reminded me the Fence is a power suit with a 360 torso twist... Though the Sledge does too now. So in hindsight for playable suits, ONLY the Mongoose can't aim a full 360 degrees, huh.

none of the loyalist suits have 360 firing arcs

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Section Z posted:

Precursor James is freelance only, sorry.

Unrelated, for as much as I gush about gun mobility on certain Agravs, thanks to whoever it was way back that reminded me the Fence is a power suit with a 360 torso twist... Though the Sledge does too now.

I worry about those pilot's spines.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
You should worry more about the pilot's head in the case if the Fence. If you look at the sprite, the pilot seat's to the back, high up, and very exposed.

The Sledger puts its pilot in a bucket cockpit on the back of the gun mount to balance out THE COCK OF INEVITABILITY.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Gotta play it with a Konig and do my best walking A10 impression

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

RBA Starblade posted:

"Only" 25 hours? That's a lot!

Naw it's not.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I've made a huge mistake.

SpookyLizard posted:

Gotta play it with a Konig and do my best walking A10 impression

The best thing about Konig Sledger is that even going full speed forward the recoil will push you slowly backward. :v:

Fun fact: if this pushes you into an ammo depot, it will eventually destroy the ammo depot with predictable results.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Okay gauss or anthony, I finally found out what "noite das pedras chorosas" is in English. So, what is the "night of tearful stones"?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

What's up with the cheevos and resuming a campaign post-achievement patch? I'm missing most of them after beating the last two missions after doing the rest of it pre-Up Armor.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Did the game even have achievements before Up-Armor?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are there tournament wide stats, like most deadly, most harmless, most injured?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Krazyface posted:

Did the game even have achievements before Up-Armor?

No, but I thought I remembered talk about retroactive credit.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Monday's episode of Waypoint Radio gave Brigador a little shout out, because Austin Walker is a man of taste.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so I did a quick little video review gushing about this game

partly because I wanted to scrape the rust off my Adobe Premiere skills

partly because this game owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQAYurykfyU

(sorry I have a weird voice, I've been told I sound like a super Texan version of that guy from Big Bang Theory :smith:)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Raj?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Does anybody know if the immobilizing stun from the lockdown prevents turrets from rotating?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

SpaceClown posted:

Does anybody know if the immobilizing stun from the lockdown prevents turrets from rotating?

It doesn't, as far as I can tell. Possibly when something is TOTALLY locked down?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hypha posted:

Naw it's not.

It is for somebody who doesn't really play video games.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

SpaceClown posted:

It does in my experience as long as you hammer it a lot. If you stun a turreted enemy from behind, they won't shoot at you. But if you stun from the front, they can still fire their weapons.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Young Freud posted:

Okay gauss or anthony, I finally found out what "noite das pedras chorosas" is in English. So, what is the "night of tearful stones"?

sounds about right. Some hosed up poo poo, that.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope
And there's a lot of poo poo still WIP. Our servers and build pipeline is now just a dumpster fire compared to the conflagration it was at launch. Lot of legacy poo poo and bad contract work coming back to haunt us. Doing our best with what we've got, priorities right now being to finally fix Mac and get cheevos up to speed.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

anthony patch posted:

And there's a lot of poo poo still WIP. Our servers and build pipeline is now just a dumpster fire compared to the conflagration it was at launch. Lot of legacy poo poo and bad contract work coming back to haunt us. Doing our best with what we've got, priorities right now being to finally fix Mac and get cheevos up to speed.

Great anthony is not dead

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

great leader is actually man from volta, escaping the planet under the cover of a phony assassination and actual civil war

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Great leader is actually the marked target in Awake On Foreign Shores

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

great leader is actually man from volta, escaping the planet under the cover of a phony assassination and actual civil war

Volta is actually a really nice place, they just have a thriving LARPer population

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SpaceClown posted:

Great leader is actually the marked target in Awake On Foreign Shores

I'd believe this

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
great leader is actually John Spacer, president of the Spacers

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
no john you are the dirt eater

and then john was a chook pilot

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
We all have different theories as to the alter egos of Great Leader, but we need to get down to the brass tacks of DEEP LORE DISCUSSION

Modesto isn't the officer mentioned in his description, rather he took the opportunity in the chaos to abandon his post as the night hangar guard and ran off with his commander's Touro into the night.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hmm. an outlandish theory, but it may have merit...

however, i believe he is the touro, being a previous pilot who died while linked with it

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I think it's much more important to talk about how Man From Volta is going to use his cash money to mobilize Voltans, causing an anti corporate wave of glorious conquest.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Improbable Lobster posted:

Volta is actually a really nice place, they just have a thriving LARPer population

This is an inherently contradictory statement.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Maybe they larp as hippies.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Game loving owns. I have some suggestions for the devs though:

1. Either fix the "vsync causes ridiculous loading times" bug, or make F1 menu settings persistent so I don't have to reset the frame limiter every time I start the game
2. Add numeric ranges to the perimeter icons
3. Add some sexy anime pilots and maybe also the rest of the Zybourne Clock characters

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ceyton posted:

Game loving owns. I have some suggestions for the devs though:

1. Either fix the "vsync causes ridiculous loading times" bug, or make F1 menu settings persistent so I don't have to reset the frame limiter every time I start the game
2. Add numeric ranges to the perimeter icons
3. Add some sexy anime pilots and maybe also the rest of the Zybourne Clock characters

re 3: excuse me what is wrong with aalto and aela

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Captain Foo posted:

re 3: excuse me what is wrong with aalto and aela

I haven't unlocked them yet. 2 isn't enough anyway.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Clotilde is my brigawaifu

Or is it waifudor?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
AALTO IS NOT ANIME

SHE IS MY WIFE AND YOU WILL SAY NICE THINGS ABOUT HER COOKING

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

SpaceClown posted: