Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Man those Ascension mat quests are terrible. I can't wait until they update to the japanese ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Man those Ascension mat quests are terrible. I can't wait until they update to the japanese ones.

You'd hope it'll be this week, since some of the master quests seem to be impossible to complete right now. Have there been any official comments?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aniplex has gone ghost on communication with the except. A little excerpt in the news page that says they are aware of the problems and are fixing them.

By which I'm pretty sure they mean spelling and grammatical errors.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Rolled a Waver/Siegfried/Marie account. I'm gonna sit on it as I'm hoping to swap for a Jeanne/Herc account. Waver/Herc would also probably be acceptable in a pinch.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Is it worth ascending 3 stars at the moment? I've got caster cu ready to do it and I've been grinding the exp daily so I don't really have anywhere else to put these caster exp orbs or whatever they're called.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ascend when you can yeah. It'll matter more later but you could use the skills and higher stats asap.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Is it worth ascending 3 stars at the moment? I've got caster cu ready to do it and I've been grinding the exp daily so I don't really have anywhere else to put these caster exp orbs or whatever they're called.

I ascended my Medusa, and don't regret it, but I also don't know how to metagame, so maybe I did a dumb and just don't know it yet.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Please...Add Jalter to the gacha as soon as possible, Aniplex. Do not make me wait 8 months or w/e

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
When can I expect Hector in this game? he's a cute

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

Tired Moritz posted:

When can I expect Hector in this game? he's a cute

When the next chapter gets released which is... who knows how far away, hopefully less than it was on JP!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
OK, so I just sent a whole bunch of friend requests to some of the people in the list. Vel SA, Liriael, Tadders, ryscian, and Shineix. If you're one of those people, please accept a request from Franz, user ID 669,622,018.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Man I hope wait for NA Okeanos is nowhere as bad as the wait for JPN Okeanos.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Man I hope wait for NA Okeanos is nowhere as bad as the wait for JPN Okeanos.
I'm fairly certain the china server got it somewhat quicker.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
When you guys talk about selling the 3* exp to get mana prisms for better exp items, are you talking about the fou cards? I don't see how it's better at all other than a 50 atk/hp boost.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

When you guys talk about selling the 3* exp to get mana prisms for better exp items, are you talking about the fou cards? I don't see how it's better at all other than a 50 atk/hp boost.

No, they mean the set of 4* Exp cards.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Just checking the experience return on the 3* cards, it takes 4 of them to beat a single 4*. But since it takes selling 40 3*s of to get 10 of the 4* variety from Da Vinci, why is the conversion favorable?

Is it only for when you have 3*s for a class you don't need at all?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What are the purpose of the 1-2 star craft essence?

And how much AP does everyone have for those that are in france or wheverer?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sophism posted:

Just checking the experience return on the 3* cards, it takes 4 of them to beat a single 4*. But since it takes selling 40 3*s of to get 10 of the 4* variety from Da Vinci, why is the conversion favorable?

Is it only for when you have 3*s for a class you don't need at all?

Because the QP cost is the same regardless of whether you slap on a 3* or a 5* and while you may think you're absolutely drowning in QP now I assure you you will want to save it up later.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

What are the purpose of the 1-2 star craft essence?
feeding to other ces for exp

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

feeding to other ces for exp

So it seems like boosting the 4 star CES just boosts their stat bonuses. Or am I missing something else?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I limit broke (or whatever the term is) a bunch of 1/2* CEs since I had a glut of them, and then once I had a given type at max I threw the rest into leveling up better CEs. I have no idea if this is the optimal way to do this but all those components seemed so common I can't imagine it's that much of an issue.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

So it seems like boosting the 4 star CES just boosts their stat bonuses. Or am I missing something else?

it just boosts their stat bonuses. if you feed it four copies of itself, its effect does get boosted.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Oh, hey, we're getting a whole single Golden Fruit(Apple?) tomorrow. For an issue that was(it's been fixed now) apparently causing the game to become unresponsive.

That, uh, seems rather minor compared to what I vaguely recall from the JP release or other mobages for similar things. Still, always good to start saving those up now.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Oh, hey, we're getting a whole single Golden Fruit(Apple?) tomorrow. For an issue that was(it's been fixed now) apparently causing the game to become unresponsive.

That, uh, seems rather minor compared to what I vaguely recall from the JP release or other mobages for similar things. Still, always good to start saving those up now.

If it's not actual server downtime we're not getting them free quartz.

Speaking of which I'm not sure if I should be surprised the servers have apparently been running butter smooth since launch.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

Silver XP cards (embers) can give you mana prisms. With 40 you get 10 gold xp cards for all servant types.

Jeez this game likes giving me 4-5* CEs over servants... single pulled Formal craft and Projection on single pulls.

Should I use 60% NP gauge or 25% arts increase for Vlad?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 28, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

If it's not actual server downtime we're not getting them free quartz.

Speaking of which I'm not sure if I should be surprised the servers have apparently been running butter smooth since launch.

It's actually rather unfortunate in a way, isn't it?

But yeah, I wouldn't expect free quartz over an issue that isn't crashing the game for everyone. It just seemed that a singular fruit was a bit low for what was mentioned, rather than like two or three or so. Not really complaining since the issue hadn't affected me anyways(screw doing the 30AP Class quests) and free stuff is always nice, just trying to get a feel for what the compensations will likely be in NA.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 28, 2017

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Bakanogami posted:

Best way to get xp and level servants is to run the 40 ap daily to get the good xp cards. Second best is selling the 3 star xp cards (or 3 star servants if you somehow have spares of those lying around?) for mana prisms and using them to buy good xp cards.

It takes a lot of AP, but the 4 star xp cards are waaaaay better than the 3 star ones, and 1-2 stars are basically garbage past like level 10.

I would probably try and push Waver to his first ascension to get his second skill- it's +defense for the party and 10% NP for everyone. With the defense maybe your berserker will die less.

Aren't there a limited supply of those? like, in the shop it said there was a limit of 5 every year, unless I am reading that horribly wrong.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They're supposed to refresh every month. Not sure about why they have it listed as lasting a year.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Silver XP cards (embers) can give you mana prisms. With 40 you get 10 gold xp cards for all servant types.

oooh, man I bought a Sun Fou. What a waste.

Is there anything that can reduce the NP animation? I like Unlimited Blade Works but I really don't need to watch it every battle.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So to summarize some of this (since I definitely want to start leveling up at least my Jeanne and Herc so that people start using them as supports)...

-Sell 3* XP cards or spare 3* Servants for Mana Prisms for the purpose of getting 4* XP
-Do the 40 AP daily if you are able to, which I guess means doing absolutely nothing else that day unless you have some apples or a high level Master

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

So to summarize some of this (since I definitely want to start leveling up at least my Jeanne and Herc so that people start using them as supports)...

-Sell 3* XP cards or spare 3* Servants for Mana Prisms for the purpose of getting 4* XP
-Do the 40 AP daily if you are able to, which I guess means doing absolutely nothing else that day unless you have some apples or a high level Master

Personally I'm prioritising buying summon tickets with mana prisms on the grounds that 4* EXP is easy to come by and quartz isn't. But others' mileage may vary.
The 40AP daily gives around 15k master experience, so if you're not a high level Master it'll probably give you a level and you can do it again.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

Unless you're leveled already, 1 40 AP run will give you enough exp to level up for some time... I forget when that chain leveling ends though.

Welp, beaten

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

As an addendum to "set up your supports", please don't leave Mash in your main slot there. There's no reason to pick her as a support and you blend in with everyone who hasn't set up at all.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
So I am generally going to try to save my friendslots for other goons so I've been rejecting most invites that aren't on the spreadsheet (For FP farming I accepted a bunch but the next 5 slots are reserved basically).

I accepted you Franz we're good. :)

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Unless you're leveled already, 1 40 AP run will give you enough exp to level up for some time... I forget when that chain leveling ends though.

On pure numbers it stops breaking even at around level 30, I think? In practice you can keep going a while after that on the accumulated momentum.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Personally I'm prioritising buying summon tickets with mana prisms on the grounds that 4* EXP is easy to come by and quartz isn't. But others' mileage may vary.
The 40AP daily gives around 15k master experience, so if you're not a high level Master it'll probably give you a level and you can do it again.

No, this is the best advice. Hell, it might be worth putting it in the OP.

Quartz and Summon Tickets are a limited resource, while exp cards are not. ALWAYS buy the summon tickets first. The only thing someone using your Servant does is gets you friend points, which are nice, but ultimately can only get you up to 3* stuff. 4 and 5* stuff can only be obtained through the quartz/ticket summon, and unlike exp/fp those are not infinitely farmable(barring a bottomless bank account).

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

Buy tickets with your cubes.

If you can do 40AP exp quests you can easily level after every quest. The overflow AP can easily allow you to level till LV30 and beyond.

The easiest way to run past the 40AP quest is:
Lv40 ascended Herc, skill 2 for dodging.
Lv25 St George, Skill 1 helps draw attacks.
A friend Herc.
High Lv Mash in reserve

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Perhaps to put it all another way, sell any spare 3* cards of any sort for mana prisms for the purposes of getting summoning tickets?

And eventually (once all your Servants are above level 10 or so) just sell off spare 1* or 2* XP cards.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah, the lack of AP is what's really annoying to me as someone coming from FE Heroes where it's way too much stamina and they give out refills like every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I'm scared to do the 40 AP quest since all my decent cards seem to be Berserkers and they'd all die too fast :(