Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Still got nothing Lloyd McClennon (sp?) doing a soldier crawl to the mound and throwing the rosin bag like a grenade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
N: After Robert Gsellman injured his hamstring running to first base, Ron Darling had some choice words for the Mets training staff.

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/879859786803761152

V:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

N: Cubs are unofficially re-visiting the white house today because the Ricketts are big Trump supporters.

V: gently caress off Cubs :mad:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Eltoasto posted:

N: Cubs are unofficially re-visiting the white house today because the Ricketts are big Trump supporters.

Tom Ricketts himself isn't. The rest of the Rickettses, though, especially Joe (the father), are firebreathing Tea Party types.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

maddon is good friends with lou barletta, who was up for a cabinet position and has talked to donald on several occasions. that connection established this meeting

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

He's only four starts in but Sean Newcomb looks really good so far. Four quality starts, six shutout innings tonight.

It's nice to be excited about a pitcher again.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Eltoasto posted:

quote:

And reliever Carl Edwards Jr. opted to see other sights around the city, instead. “I’m trying to go see like the dinosaur museums,” he said.

LOVE YOU STRINGBEAN

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Hardees is cool and the natural history museum rules too.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I don't want to alarm anyone but the Braves are 20-10 over their last 30 games.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ego symphonic posted:

Hardees is cool and the natural history museum rules too.

yes I agree

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/880073819557416960

Uncanny.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Poque posted:

LOVE YOU STRINGBEAN

No verification yet on whether reports of Arrieta being hot garbage this year are "fake news".

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Every single time I see a picture of Tom Ricketts I think it's Ted Cruz, without fail.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

There was legitimately a moment where I was at work standing in the entryway of an exec's office talking to him, and somebody knocked on the door above my head to also talk to the exec, and I turned around and it was Ted Cruz, and my entire body went into total panic mode and entered Fight Or Flight before I realized that I was looking at Tom Ricketts and not Ted Cruz. I'm pretty sure I stammered something incoherent and then ran away

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
also that picture makes me want to vomit

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

I can understand your initial reaction, but just remember for the future that you'll feel the temperature drop a good 20 degrees before you ever actually get close enough to see the real Ted Cruz.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Timby posted:

Tom Ricketts himself isn't. The rest of the Rickettses, though, especially Joe (the father), are firebreathing Tea Party types.

Laura Ricketts (the best Ricketts) is a hardcore Hillary-supporting lesbian :patriot:

Poque posted:

There was legitimately a moment where I was at work standing in the entryway of an exec's office talking to him, and somebody knocked on the door above my head to also talk to the exec, and I turned around and it was Ted Cruz, and my entire body went into total panic mode and entered Fight Or Flight before I realized that I was looking at Tom Ricketts and not Ted Cruz. I'm pretty sure I stammered something incoherent and then ran away

Didn't you also casually greet Pete Ricketts with a nod and a "governor" while combing your Movember mustache?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Didn't you also casually greet Pete Ricketts with a nod and a "governor" while combing your Movember mustache?

I had a comb stuck in my giant terror beard, yeah

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Yankees called up 22 year old 3B prospect Miguel Andujar to probably sit on the bench while Girardi continues to play Headley instead. It's weird to see so many young players on the Yankees.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

Yankees called up 22 year old 3B prospect Miguel Andujar to probably sit on the bench while Girardi continues to play Headley instead. It's weird to see so many young players on the Yankees.

I have to imagine this move is in reaction to an incoming DL stint from either Headley or Holliday, most likely Holliday. They wouldn't call up Andujar if they do't intend to have him play regularly in some fashion, he's only got 7 AAA games under his belt.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

ihatepants posted:

This reminds me of Joaquin Andujar and the fact that I called him Walking Underwear as a child. :allears:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/status/880097239720501248

Welp

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Can't say I remember the last time I saw a guy DFAed right after criticizing the team

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Victor Catarini come on down!

He was going to be the backup next year anyway, nothing of value has been lost.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Carlosologist posted:

Can't say I remember the last time I saw a guy DFAed right after criticizing the team

Rizzo loving lit him up on ESPN radio this morning.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

no way. which one is actually Cruz? The one on the right?

there are two ted cruz's in the world aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dexo posted:

Rizzo loving lit him up on ESPN radio this morning.

https://twitter.com/ESPN1000/status/880076242900353024

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

I will give you Alex Avila for one beefy lad, please.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

*smash cut to video of David Ross taking trash out to the dumpster. The bag rips open, spilling Montero shirseys everywhere* "David... :smith:"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

"players who criticize other players are selfish, now let me tell you how our catcher sucks rear end"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Could be worse, the Cubs could have stretched at the wrong time.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Julio Cruz posted:

"players who criticize other players are selfish, now let me tell you how our catcher sucks rear end"

I think this is one of those cases where whoever fires the first shot loses.

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 28, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I didn't know what Ricketts looked like so at first I thought this was a photoshop

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
There was a time when I was considering getting a Montero shirt and I'm pretty sure that was when I got Arrieta instead. :geno:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Comptroll The Forums posted:

*smash cut to video of David Ross taking trash out to the dumpster. The bag rips open, spilling Montero shirseys everywhere* "David... :smith:"

I'm laughing but also sad.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Miggy is cool and I'm happy I can root for him again (unless he signs with the Dodgers or something)

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Aren't there approximately 29 other teams that could use Montero's services?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Good Dog posted:

Aren't there approximately 29 other teams that could use Montero's services?

A $14m backup catcher who can't throw out runners?

He is cool, but bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gattis for Beefy Lad, sign Montero

• Locked thread