Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I somehow beat the Infernal with Xander, Camus, Cecilia and Olwen. I had Xander go to the left to bait and Camus go up just where the green mage couldn't reach. Then the enemy team became split enough to kite and kill off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

If I have Reinhardt is Camus necessary? Also who are good options besides the two there and Xander? I have Titania, Elise, Ursula, Olwen, and 4* Cecilia (which I can rank up if i use Reinhardt in lieu of Camus)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Senerio posted:

If I have Reinhardt is Camus necessary? Also who are good options besides the two there and Xander? I have Titania, Elise, Ursula, Olwen, and 4* Cecilia (which I can rank up if i use Reinhardt in lieu of Camus)

What would you need Camus for if you have a Reinhardt?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Clarisse has a good stat spread for a quad build I think I'm gonna make that my next big dumb project

Actually jk lol I have a +Atk Setsuna if I decide I wanna do that PEACE

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have 21k feathers due to the Lunatic clear and a bunch of heros getting hero merit feathers but don't really need anything, should I just bank them or keep promoting Ninos and Reinhardts to merge

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Philip Rivers posted:

Clarisse has a good stat spread for a quad build I think I'm gonna make that my next big dumb project

Actually jk lol I have a +Atk Setsuna if I decide I wanna do that PEACE

34 speed is pretty low for quadding

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Rein knocks Camus into the fourth slot, so he's there for quests and GHBs but not for arena when there's another bonus unit on.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Andrast posted:

34 speed is pretty low for quadding

Yeah and I thought Setsuna's attack was worse than it is but my +Atk/-Res one would have the same attack at cap with 3 more speed.

Still not great compared to BCordelia's insane spread but I dunno it's probably funny :shrug:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Philip Rivers posted:

Yeah and I thought Setsuna's attack was worse than it is but my +Atk/-Res one would have the same attack at cap with 3 more speed.

Still not great compared to BCordelia's insane spread but I dunno it's probably funny :shrug:

34 vs 37 speed is a massive difference when it comes to doubling.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

So who should my third be, with Xander and Rein, then? Cecilia Titania or Elise I'm thinking. Elise is already 5* level 36 and has Wrathful Staff (I was building her for the gauntlet), Titania is already 5* (I have two, neutral and -HP +Res) and Cecilia is 4* (Spd+/Def-). I have the feathers to make her 5*.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

FUN TIME

Senerio posted:

So who should my third be, with Xander and Rein, then? Cecilia Titania or Elise I'm thinking. Elise is already 5* level 36 and has Wrathful Staff (I was building her for the gauntlet), Titania is already 5* (I have two, neutral and -HP +Res) and Cecilia is 4* (Spd+/Def-). I have the feathers to make her 5*.

Elise is your best bet as-is, I'd say. Cecilia needs a +atk iv to shine, and even then doesn't need to be promoted to 5*, since you can make her a 4*+lots with little difficulty. Your Titanias can do plenty of work, but probably need a rebuild; neither's got a good iv, but neither's bad so :shrug:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Beat Infernal with Xander/Camus/Elise/Olivia. Elise with Rehabilitate is pretty nice in some of these longer battles, Xander went to 1 hp eventually through Fury and Elise was able to completely heal him up. Dope.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Senerio posted:

Try out the arena a little bit, and see how common Reinharts are in your tier. Titania will never lose to any Reinhart Variant, unless she's already weakened from something else. Of the two Titanias, I would suggest the -HP/+Res version, since you'd mainly be using her as a counter to him...

If you see a Rein in at least 1/3, I'd suggest using Titania.

That said, if he is less common than that in your tier, I would suggest Cecilia. Her Nature there is basically perfect, and she is much better at removing other green units than Titania. SHe's also a more versatile unit, and honestly probably worth the feathers just to have her. Also also, she's a Hero Battle unit, which I think means she is more common as an Arena bonus unit. I think one slot always goes to a starting hero (Anna, Alphonse, Shareena), Two slots always go to Hero Battle heroes (Cecilia, Olivia, Hana etc.), two slots go to "random" units One slot goes to the GHB of the season (I think for the next season, they'll have Legon and Clarisse, otherwise they'll likely not have a GHB for a while), and four spots to "Big Ticket" Banner units.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME
P. sure Reinhardt can't beat Cecilia without buffs, since her res is only a few points behind Julia.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Murderion posted:

P. sure Reinhardt can't beat Cecilia without buffs, since her res is only a few points behind Julia.
My tri adept Raven Cecilia shrugs off and kills every Reinhardt. If worried about Reinhardt she is a very good answer.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fritzler posted:

My tri adept Raven Cecilia shrugs off and kills every Reinhardt. If worried about Reinhardt she is a very good answer.

Any green unit with triangle adept will shrug off Rein

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

+ATK Rein with a Hone cavalry will kill a -HP or -RES Cecilia without TA though

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Do we know for sure that the summer banner is going up on Friday, or do people just assume it will because that's when the New Mystery banner ends?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Retcon posted:

Do we know for sure that the summer banner is going up on Friday, or do people just assume it will because that's when the New Mystery banner ends?

The latter. I would be astonished if it's coming later since they were the only new characters datamined

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

The latter. I would be astonished if it's coming later since they were the only new characters datamined
That makes sense, everyone seemed so certain that it would drop on Friday that I was starting to wonder if they had already announced it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I should be able to clear infernal with close to the same strategy that worked for lunatic if I can find a pre-pull setup that:

-doesn't get xander panic ployed
-lets both nowi and cordelia rally xander
-lets julia break the wall
-gets cordelia close enough she can attack the ninja on turn two
-lets xander move in to the defensive terrain turn one

You don't have very much space to maneuver and I wasted all my stamina figuring out exactly what conditions I needed to satisfy but it should be doable

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
clarisse was going to become another trash pile hero for me, but her voice is too great for me not to 5*

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I did it

My strategy was overkill enough for lunatic that once I found a way to set up without getting ployed I could just duplicate it and beat infernal

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Glad you could avoid the ploy. I'm not gonna bother with Infernal yet. Maybe when it comes around again.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Senerio posted:

Glad you could avoid the ploy. I'm not gonna bother with Infernal yet. Maybe when it comes around again.

I wouldn't fret too much. Because there are no reinforcements tied to unit HP, I anticipate a F2P victory video will be out shortly.

e: where substitution is possible and you can get by without the exact stats and skills

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 28, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-5WjN-f99A

infernal with 4* free units

My strat, which should be doable for most people who have been playing for a while:

Buff Xander's attack and defense. Give him swordbreaker (rank 1 should be fine). Have him move onto the defensive terrain and attack the sword. Everything attacks Xander, sword cav and green mage die. Retreat Xander, have your ranged nukes clean up the ninja and Clarisse. Blue mage suicides into said ranged attackers, then you kill the sword infantry however.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I found this harder than Legion Infernal but I got there in the end. Xander and RobinM were the key players for me with a Ninian dancing them around, bride Cordelia was there too but I'm not sure if she really did much compared to everyone else.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

This one was far easier than Legion Infernal for me. Xander is a real workhorse. I think I functionally three-manned it, as Camus hung back for fear of distracting people from committing suicide by Siegfried.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm thinking they might have gone a bit overboard allowing the score bonus to go up to 7.5x, It looks like Clairine might actually win on account of all those crazy bonuses :psyduck:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm thinking they might have gone a bit overboard allowing the score bonus to go up to 7.5x, It looks like Clairine might actually win on account of all those crazy bonuses :psyduck:

should've gone with the drills

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

should've gone with the drills

I probably will if Priscilla loses in round one, I'm actually kind of surprised it's this close.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

THE loving MOON posted:

I got a 6.1 multiplier over on Sakura at some point

My strategy for Lunatic Clarisse involved a Fortify Dragons Tiki tanking everything but it turns out she can't tank both the ninja and Clarisse if both of them can trigger their specials on Infernal so I need to do something else

Elyv fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 28, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

might i suggest xander? hes been decapitating enemies and sisters since 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have Reindhart, how exactly is he supposed to "destroy" the GHB?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

might i suggest xander? hes been decapitating enemies and sisters since 2015

but I have other things I want to spend 20k feathers on :(

By the way, am I crazy or did we not get a Battling Clarisse banner? Are those getting phased out?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Elyv posted:

but I have other things I want to spend 20k feathers on :(

By the way, am I crazy or did we not get a Battling Clarisse banner? Are those getting phased out?

I assume the skill-based banners are replacing them as filler banners for the foreseeable future.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

Tae posted:

I have Reindhart, how exactly is he supposed to "destroy" the GHB?

He probably needs a 3 turn special, but for me he took out the swordsman and the blue mage; he needed help from Olivia in the form of hone atk and Draconic Aura triggering to take out the wizard. Clarisse didn't go for him even though he was in range for some reason :shrug:

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

THE loving MOON posted:

There isn't any point to having a bonus system if the bonus isn't big enough for the losing side to have a legitimate chance of winning. People were upset that there were no upsets.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Upsets are dumb imo. Why should a less-backed character win?

tbh if you think a cooler character is going to lose and you choose not to be on their team because 500 feathers, you are not a cool dude who backs henry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Clawtopsy posted:

Upsets are dumb imo. Why should a less-backed character win?

tbh if you think a cooler character is going to lose and you choose not to be on their team because 500 feathers, you are not a cool dude who backs henry

I'm backing Maria even though it means certain death next round cause I have her.

My first blind playthrough of awakening Henry got 3 empty/one stat levels in a row and so I benched him and he never married. :evilbuddy: