Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Another helpful reminder:

Understand when to use your command spells. The tutorial never really tells you about them but having a full heal or full NP charge available at any time is really useful, and it's much better to burn one command spell at the right time to beat a tough level than to wipe out and have to burn all three for a party ressurect. You regenerate one per day so there's no particular downside to using them when appropriate; I found them really helpful for breaking through the difficulty hump between the 30 and 40AP EXP quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Game wants me to use Medusa. Already have her at 4/5 np

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Tae posted:

Yeah, the lack of AP is what's really annoying to me as someone coming from FE Heroes where it's way too much stamina and they give out refills like every day.

With same background, the exp system confuses me. Like am I supposed to just do quests and hope for the right drops to level up my characters?

Since when is this the Valkyria Chronicles 2 thread?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Largepotato posted:

Game wants me to use Medusa. Already have her at 4/5 np

My Mata Hari is at 5/5. New team leader!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

OddObserver posted:

With same background, the exp system confuses me. Like am I supposed to just do quests and hope for the right drops to level up my characters?

The exp system is very standard. Feed cards to other cards > get exp.

And yes, you grind for materials to upgrade your dudes, like every other game???

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There's a daily for exp and a daily for mats, though apparently our version is missing some of them that'd be better for some mats and gems.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
What are gems, anyway? Getting a gem from a daily is the only Master Mission I haven't completed yet, I think.

Can you use Summon Tickets for 10-pulls, or are they only for 1-draws?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Vengarr posted:

What are gems, anyway? Getting a gem from a daily is the only Master Mission I haven't completed yet, I think.

They're the spheres with class symbols on them. You should be getting some just by going through the story missions, and they're used to level up skills. The first of two missions in the current daily set that have them should be going up tonight.

And no, Summon Tickets are just single pulls each.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Vengarr posted:

Gems are materials used to upgrade skills. Looking at the old daily information on wikia it seems like they might drop from tomorrow and Friday's green dailies?

I believe Summon tickets can only do 1-draws.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wonder if it's worth hoarding the tickets for rateups or whether most players just do that with quartz.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

I wonder if it's worth hoarding the tickets for rateups or whether most players just do that with quartz.

Absolutely hoard both tickets and quartz for rateups.

Also, i wasn't really going to play the NA version, but then a friend gave me an account with Waver and Liz, so i guess now i gotta at least play it a bit here and there

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
If I sell off 1 and 2* XP, and sell of 3* for prisms for summoning tickets, it seems like I'm just hoping 4* drops? So I'm guessing this plan assumes you're clearing the 40ap xp quest, which I'm not sure how I'd do with a party of 20s.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
On an utter whim I decided I wanted to do a pull. Not wanting to do a full 10 pull, I used 3 quartz.
Heaven's Feel!

Thought that was really lucky, so used 3 more quartz. Imaginary Around!
Now I have 3 5* CE's. I would have liked to see Kaleidoscope, but I'll see what happens in the future.
Though I'm going to attempt to ignore the impulse to pull and instead hoard quartz from now on.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Nate RFB posted:

It's RNG, baby.

I rolled a bunch of 5-stars during the CCC event using about 20 tickets.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Argas posted:

It's RNG, baby.

I rolled a bunch of 5-stars during the CCC event using about 20 tickets.

I'm jealous, my last 30 or so tickets have been nothing but 3-stars. Not even a 4-star CE to comfort my loss. :negative:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the real challenge is resisting the urge to do some rolls before the first rate up

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I did one and it was a reminder not to.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Nate RFB posted:

Yes, that's what I do. I had 42 tickets stockpiled and went through 20 of them and got Ishtarin.

You might not of course get anything, but you have more attempts at getting a Servant you want then if you just spend them as you get them.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I have so many Berserker xp cards and no worthwhile berserker to give them to.

aniplex give me the gat dang 4* selector

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Use Asterios. He's fluffy.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Waver/Marie/a lot of godawful poo poo:

EebkRv12Ce
goons

Arthuria/Deon/Siegfried/Martha

h7WykUTgWG
goons

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Jeanne has carried me through the 40 AP daily so many times. Now that I have Cu on this account, he is also helping clutch it out. The guy who said Cu Chuculain is the best 3* Servant was absolutely correct.

I was browsing the Fate/Grand Order wiki looking for good Assassins, since at the moment I'm missing a good Assassin Servant, and apparently motherfucking Skull Knight is in this game?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Gologle posted:

Jeanne has carried me through the 40 AP daily so many times. Now that I have Cu on this account, he is also helping clutch it out. The guy who said Cu Chuculain is the best 3* Servant was absolutely correct.

I was browsing the Fate/Grand Order wiki looking for good Assassins, since at the moment I'm missing a good Assassin Servant, and apparently motherfucking Skull Knight is in this game?

If you're talking about King Hassan, he's a badass, and voiced by Jouji Nakata to boot.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I got Hassan from the friend gacha today and I'm glad of it.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Attila/Emiya

ct9EYg5jJN
goons

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
It looks like people are overwriting the account names of people who are on the JP side. The Friend Spreadsheet has been modified to separate the JP and NA aside. Look at the bottom tabs to switch between the two.

For now, I'm nuking the notes section and the filter for the NA side.

Edit: It's done. Please check the spreadsheet to see if your friend code is still accurate. Furthermore, please put your codes in the proper regional sheets.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 28, 2017

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So the Star levels on a Servant.. Can those be raised? If so, is there a limit to the increase? I just have no sense of who is good and who isn't. I've just been running a party of the 5-star Saber I pulled with a 4-star Berserker. I haven't hit anything I can't handle yet. But I see people raving about Robin Hood, who doesn't seem like he should be that special, so I have to assume he turns into something impressive down the road? The same goes for Friend summons.. Shouldn't they just be training fodder? Or should I save them and stack them up?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

So the Star levels on a Servant.. Can those be raised? If so, is there a limit to the increase? I just have no sense of who is good and who isn't. I've just been running a party of the 5-star Saber I pulled with a 4-star Berserker. I haven't hit anything I can't handle yet. But I see people raving about Robin Hood, who doesn't seem like he should be that special, so I have to assume he turns into something impressive down the road? The same goes for Friend summons.. Shouldn't they just be training fodder? Or should I save them and stack them up?

Some 3* are amazingly good (see post 2 for Endorph's tier list reviews). I don't believe stars can be raised ever but it's mostly about individual capacity in the beginning and changes to team synergy the more you progress. Characters also need to ascend (level cap boost) to unlock further skills which they may rely on to become far more efficient in support or damage.

The best example is how strong CuChu Lancer is for a 3* being stronger than many/most 4* and many 5* as well.

Ascension caps follow the star rating (90 for 5*, 80 for 4*, 70 for 3*) and then you can use holy grails to level them a bit more above natural cap.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 28, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mashu raises to 4 in the story

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
does that mean anything

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I assume her max level goes up?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

New Leaf posted:

I say keep a copy of all the Servants you get at max NP and then do whatever with the extra copies. You never know which one you'll feel like using later down the line.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NRVNQSR posted:

I assume her max level goes up?

Yes

Tired Moritz posted:

does that mean anything

She gains a new NP and her level cap is now 80 meaning more stat boosts

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

New Leaf posted:

You can use Grails to raise the rarity of a Servant, to some degree, but unlike other games of this sort rarity doesn't tell much of the story at all. Robin Hood is good because of the design of his skills and NP. Even at just level 70, his natural cap, he will still bring a lot to the table and to the team, simply because of how he's designed.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As someone who was not only completely new to the game but new to the very concept of a F2P gacha experience of any kind, the 1*-4* ratings in the second post of this thread has been by far the biggest asset. I have no idea how I in my naivety would have ever been able to figure that out on my own.

Aaaaaand hit my first AP limit so I guess I'll just twiddle my thumbs for a while.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Some 3* are amazingly good (see post 2 for Endorph's tier list reviews). I don't believe stars can be raised ever but it's mostly about individual capacity in the beginning and changes to team synergy the more you progress. Characters also need to ascend (level cap boost) to unlock further skills which they may rely on to become far more efficient in support or damage.

The best example is how strong CuChu Lancer is for a 3* being stronger than many/most 4* and many 5* as well.

Ascension caps follow the star rating (90 for 5*, 80 for 4*, 70 for 3*) and then you can use holy grails to level them a bit more above natural cap.

What's the difference between Prototype Cu and F/SN Cu?

And can Jeanne carry my rear end through the 40 AP treasure daily or is it just the Ember one? She actually got crit to death my first time doing the embers and I had to burn all my Command Spells :negative:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Vengarr posted:

What's the difference between Prototype Cu and F/SN Cu?

And can Jeanne carry my rear end through the 40 AP treasure daily or is it just the Ember one? She actually got crit to death my first time doing the embers and I had to burn all my Command Spells :negative:

A bunch. Treat every servant as different no matter what connections they may have with one another. Proto Cu is from Fate/Prototype while Lancer Cu is the one we all know and love.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

proto-cu is not very good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
proto-cu is cute tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm writing an FAQ in the second post right now, I hope to have it done and the last four 3* servants by tonight