Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

choprite posted:

yeah, saw it yesterday but my costco is in a bougie area so ymmv
Was it mingled with the wine? Or near the booze/mixers? I am pretty bougie as well.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Was this the slim fit or regular fit shirts?
Haven't noticed slim fit. These were regular fit. For comparison, I am pretty fat, but wear the "slim fit" Brooks Brothers shirt (whatever it's called now). The Kirkland stuff is definitely more equivalent to the full fatness brooks brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

gvibes posted:

Haven't noticed slim fit. These were regular fit. For comparison, I am pretty fat, but wear the "slim fit" Brooks Brothers shirt (whatever it's called now). The Kirkland stuff is definitely more equivalent to the full fatness brooks brothers.

Their slim fit is now called Regent fit, and their extra slim fit is I believe Milano. Why they switched to these from the far more obvious system they had before, I have no idea.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

is there even an argument for hebrew national anymore?

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Their slim fit is now called Regent fit, and their extra slim fit is I believe Milano. Why they switched to these from the far more obvious system they had before, I have no idea.

because standard fit contains billowous amounts of excess material suitable enough to use the shirt as a survival tent. slim fit is normal for regular dudes.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FogHelmut posted:

is there even an argument for hebrew national anymore?

because standard fit contains billowous amounts of excess material suitable enough to use the shirt as a survival tent. slim fit is normal for regular dudes.

They have two other fits, Madison which is their old regular fit, and Traditional, which is their old classic fit. The last one is the most billowy one.

Which fit you wear should, imo, be determined by how much time you intend to wear your shirt without a jacket. Having a looser shirt can be more comfortable, especially if you're going to be wearing a suit jacket the whole time anyway.

Hok
Apr 3, 2003

Cog in the Machine
Soon my precious, soon I will no longer have to drive for 45 minutes to partake of the holy dog and a drink.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I wonder how long you could live in a Costco without anyone finding out.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

A day, because they close and you leave.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I got a pair of those Kirkland jeans, 36x32 like I get e'rywhere else, and they for sure fit like fatass dad pants moreso than I'm used to. I'm a fatassed dad so I don't especially care, but I've most definitely gotten a more flattering fit pretty much anywhere else. And god drat if you don't iron those sons of bitches, because they come out of the dryer so freaking wrinkly. 5 out of 10: recommend, but caveat emptor.

Normandy mix folks: when I mic it up for dinner, I get either crisp cauliflower and broccoli but rubbery carrots, or perfect carrots and mushy everything else. Any tips? I've tried a number times, but I can never get a decent balance. Should I just stovetop it from now on?

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

DangerDummy! posted:

Normandy mix folks: when I mic it up for dinner, I get either crisp cauliflower and broccoli but rubbery carrots, or perfect carrots and mushy everything else. Any tips? I've tried a number times, but I can never get a decent balance. Should I just stovetop it from now on?
Roast the Normandy mix. It's the only way. Thaw it out, mix it up with salt, olive oil, some chopped garlic and onion if you want it, and blast it at about 425 for, oh, 10 minutes? Not long, anyway.

Tip for thawing: put it in a Zip-Loc and park it in a cast-iron skillet. The iron will equalize the temperature and melt it real fast. Or hell, skip the Zip-Loc and just roast in the skillet.

spite house fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jun 28, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
microwaving frozen vegetables never works out for me. I just steam them straight out the freezer now and toss in some chicken and balsamic vinegar or w/e other Costco sauces I got lying around.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I never have an issue with mic'ed veggies, except for the Normandy mix. Even the stirfry mix nukes pretty nice. I'll give the roasted method a whirl when I can, but I'm usually using the oven for the entree part of the meal.7

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I literally take the vegetables and throw them into a sauce pan and turn it on low for a few minutes. Cover it though. The ice/water in them are enough to steam them if you do it right. Add some water, like a tablespoon or something if that doesn't work.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I roast my Normandy veggies from frozen. Put some foil down on a baking sheet and pour the veggies on it. Drizzle some olive oil, salt, and pepper over them. Mix them all up to make sure they all getting some coating. Put them in the oven and set it to 400 degrees. Once it hits 400 (hopefully your oven beeps at you), set the timer for 20 minutes. If they aren't ready after that, give them five more minutes.

I have the same issues with the carrots when microwaving them. I put a paper towel in the bottom of the bowl to absorb some of the water. I don't know if it really helps much, but I tell myself it does.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Roast if you can.
If you must nuke, then get one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Pampered-Chef-Large-Cooker-Microwave/dp/B000WIQHPM

I take mine to work and steam fresh broccoli, normandy mix, etc. Works great.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Mother gently caress my Costco opening got pushed back again, won't open until late 2018, early 2019

They better be planning some sort of spaceship Costco

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I always steam frozen veggies on the stove, and everything comes out perfectly. I assume you have a steamer that can fit into a pan, right?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I also steam my Normandy mix, just in a little steam pot on the stove. The carrots maybe don't have the best consistency, but there's hardly any of them in there anyway and I'm all about that broccoli and cauliflower fam

limpy wimpy
Jul 1, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

what the gently caress kind of glasses is your wife getting?

I got a lot of expensive options when I got my new glasses and spent a total of around $150

Well the optical people waited until after the exam, and fitting and making of said glasses to let us know they didn't accept our insurance. That's why it would have been 300. Plus they have to do all this BS with the lenses so they aren't coke bottles.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah, the high-density glass always costs more.

Baking your frozen veggies is definitely best, but it takes longer.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I literally take the vegetables and throw them into a sauce pan and turn it on low for a few minutes. Cover it though. The ice/water in them are enough to steam them if you do it right. Add some water, like a tablespoon or something if that doesn't work.

truth, wisdom and truth, every piece comes out perfect!

Frank Dux
Jun 19, 2005

Posting from a Costco now and first time getting the infamous hot dog/drink for $1.61 with tax.. I'm gonna give this place a thumbs up.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Frank Dux posted:

Posting from a Costco now and first time getting the infamous hot dog/drink for $1.61 with tax.. I'm gonna give this place a thumbs up.

Nice job. Saving money AND getting a great meal in the middle of the work week? Just another day at the 'sco. :cheers:

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
pan fry your veggies, pan fry everything. Get a wok, heat on high, all your food will be divine.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Costco has frozen stir fry veggies too but I don't like them.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Costco has frozen stir fry veggies too but I don't like them.
Nor I. Veggies for stir fry really have to be cooked individually or they'll be soggy and gross, which the Kirkland frozen stir fry mix is. Now I'm dodging lightning bolts I guess

DangerDummy! posted:

I'll give the roasted method a whirl when I can, but I'm usually using the oven for the entree part of the meal.
You can put them in at the same time. They don't have to go super-hot, it just doesn't take as long if they do.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FCKGW posted:

Mother gently caress my Costco opening got pushed back again, won't open until late 2018, early 2019

They better be planning some sort of spaceship Costco

Mine is still in the planning stages. 2022 dog and a drink. :smith:

Frank Dux
Jun 19, 2005

Mine just opened up two months ago and and it's a 5 minute drive to get there.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
13 Costcos (including 2 Business Delivery) within 40 miles of my house

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Peachfart posted:

I wonder how long you could live in a Costco without anyone finding out.

At least 24 hours: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0IHgChia5g

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

It's July 4th weekend technically so you know I'm about to head to the 'co and stock up on some motherfuckin BBQ supplies. What kind of hauls are we thinking, friends? Obviously Kirkland dogs. What else? Some potato salad?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Tim Whatley posted:

It's July 4th weekend technically so you know I'm about to head to the 'co and stock up on some motherfuckin BBQ supplies. What kind of hauls are we thinking, friends? Obviously Kirkland dogs. What else? Some potato salad?

Piled high?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Alright you lot of cultist dog-throating valuehaving fucks, I dropped in today and my haul was one of those new fangled coffee grinders built into a maker for poo poo cheap, a ton of smoothie packets, nutrition gummies, almonds, coffee beans, socks, and a huge rear end protein powder bag

Now go right to hell while I eat this pizza slice I got without a soda while walking right by that dog :boom:

naem
May 29, 2011

Black August posted:

Alright you lot of cultist dog-throating valuehaving fucks, I dropped in today and my haul was one of those new fangled coffee grinders built into a maker for poo poo cheap, a ton of smoothie packets, nutrition gummies, almonds, coffee beans, socks, and a huge rear end protein powder bag

Now go right to hell while I eat this pizza slice I got without a soda while walking right by that dog :boom:

Pizza protestants are welcome friend

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Black August posted:

What toppings

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

lil salt, lotta pepper, touch of red chili flakes, honey mustard dipping sauce for each end

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

drat did you really add salt to that?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

DangerZoneDelux posted:

drat did you really add salt to that?

yeah but it was a seasoned multispce kinda salt, and only along the top ridge by the crust so it soaks in and makes the bread tastier at the end when dipping

the rest was a blanket black blizzard of pepper speckled with red

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

All the fixins?

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Putting black pepper on pizza instead of red flake like The Good Lord® intended :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Dr. Capco posted:

Putting black pepper on pizza instead of red flake like The Good Lord® intended :catstare:

A :twisted: idea more :twisted: than the churro!