Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dyna Soar posted:

it's like planescape torment, nerds love it altho as a game it's a train wreck
Who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
The plot is very good, imo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Turns out that making something good isn't about disassembling it to its component parts and then asking how well each is constructed, something literally anyone who has ever done anything creative would tell you.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Dyna Soar posted:

combat sucks, sneaking pales in comparison with real sneaking games, models are ugly as gently caress, your character has those methhead sunglasses, the plot is a nonsensical collection of stupid conspiracy cliches and the the ai sucks

i agree and yet despite all that the gameplay in the original still manages to be better than the eidos reboot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy42o

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Saw this in the related videos to one of the ones in the op, am going to install when the expansion comes out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_63DYAi5jY

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Dyna Soar posted:

combat sucks, sneaking pales in comparison with real sneaking games, models are ugly as gently caress, your character has those methhead sunglasses, the plot is a nonsensical collection of stupid conspiracy cliches and the the ai sucks

the combat is really good though once you've improved your skills a bit

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I haven't played the newest Deus Ex. Is it any good?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait for forums user JC A Bomb! to post itt for maximum meta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7tRYj-Y6qI
(pretty good payoff at the end of the vid)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the GMDX FINAL MOD 9.0 is about to drop

ive only ever played standard

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I keep listening to this and every time it gets better.

You know someone's full of poo poo when Joe Rogan has trouble believing

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odfCTFPyZCo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq9xJB9_lpU

Beefeater posted:

I haven't played the newest Deus Ex. Is it any good?

The actual gameplay in Mankind Divided is good (the bank in particular is pretty goddamn fun to sneak around in) but overall it feels like half a game. It's probably worth $20 though, also I haven't played any of the DLC

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 28, 2017

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Turns out that making something good isn't about disassembling it to its component parts and then asking how well each is constructed, something literally anyone who has ever done anything creative would tell you.

nah it's just not a very good game. it has charm, yeah but it's mediocre to bad in every aspect.

Jose posted:

the combat is really good though once you've improved your skills a bit

it's both a bad shooter and has badly implemented skill based combat. don't even get me started on the melee

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

nah it's just not a very good game. it has charm, yeah but it's mediocre to bad in every aspect.

it's both a bad shooter and has badly implemented skill based combat.

nah

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the bartender in hong kong still cracks me up

quote:

Int. Night Club, Hong Kong - two men are wearing sunglasses indoors.
JC: The separation of powers acknowledges the petty ambitions of individuals; that’s its strength.
Bartender, unaccountably Australian: A system organized around the weakest individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.
JC: Perhaps certain qualities are an inseparable part of human nature.
Bartender: The mark of the educated man is the suppression of these qualities in favour of better ones. The same is true of civilization.
JC: I’ll take a drink.

what is your life, bartender?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like Deus Ex but hate hate hate stealth games.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Space Crabs posted:

I like Deus Ex but hate hate hate stealth games.

how can you hate thief 1 and 2

off-key indie nonsense
Apr 22, 2010

It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us cybersinners.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0U7OUtRvXM

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

how can you hate thief 1 and 2

stealth as a concept is dumb as gently caress in games to me.

Dishonored i killed literally every soldier possible. Far Cry I'm driving into bases firing grenades from a speeding jeep. Deus Ex I'm kicking security bots to death when i run out of rockets. Crysis I'm maximum strength and armor rambo throwing people through shacks.

or i can sneak around like a little bitch hoping to not get spotted crouching directly next to an oblivious AI.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
*invisible war stumbles in with its pants around its ankles*

Alex: This ends now!
Templar: Heh heh heh. You fool. The purification of the nanites will prevent the decommidification of labor that would equalize the masses. This aristocracy will self-perpetuate... forever!
Alex: I don't think so!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cubone posted:

"Oh my god JC, a bomb!"

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
As good as some parts of hong kong are, my favorite part of the game is the conversation with morpheus. The atmosphere of the encounter is drat near perfect and the convo itself has almost harlan ellison levels of wordsmithing artistry to it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I like the part where neo dodges the bullets

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
the best game ever made is actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6qyATviI8w

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Cubone posted:

jc and paul lengthen their arms with nanotechnology

also

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Alex: Ends now, this!
Templar: Heh heh heh. You nanites fool. The masses the aristocracy the decommidification of labor that self-perpetuate...would equalize purification of the will . This prevent will forever!
Alex: Think I don't so!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

fishing with the fam posted:

My dad's girlfriend bought me Deus Ex for my birthday in 2000 or 2001. I played it for half an hour, didn't like, and traded it in for the PC version of Final Fantasy 8.

What a shame.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Amazing game, so many weird choices you can make depending on how thoroughly you comb through the game. Also, Walton was a loving nightmare using a stealth build. At least in the newer games you can do a pacifist run in the whole game (bar Human Revolution's bosses).

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We never asked for this thread OP.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

fishing with the fam posted:

My dad's girlfriend bought me Deus Ex for my birthday in 2000 or 2001. I played it for half an hour, didn't like, and traded it in for the PC version of Final Fantasy 8.

Powerful self-own.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I like the em all except I never played invisible war.

I'm sometimes told the newer ones are bad and that I'm retarded for liking them but I like them so much I don't care.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The new ones are good games. They aren't as wild or crazy as the original but nothing was.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

School Nickname posted:

Amazing game, so many weird choices you can make depending on how thoroughly you comb through the game. Also, Walton was a loving nightmare using a stealth build. At least in the newer games you can do a pacifist run in the whole game (bar Human Revolution's bosses).
In DX 1 you can do a pacifist run without too much trouble (you have to kill Anna at the very least without using major glitches—even if you spare Anna she's still counted as dead) but the easiest way isn't really a stealth build, because speed aug is so helpful in getting past NPC and bosses. JC races to the finish line through clouds of tear gas, pepper spray, and halon.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

bag em and tag em posted:

I like the em all except I never played invisible war.

I'm sometimes told the newer ones are bad and that I'm retarded for liking them but I like them so much I don't care.
Not that many games let you coldcock 4 dudes in a row, each of who spills out a bucketful of saliva from his mouth, after downing a whole jar of protein powder.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
pacifist runs are for limp wristed bitch cowards, if you didn't select the GEP gun from alex at the start of the game you can straight go gently caress yourself.

Also the superior way to play was to console spawn 100 cats and grind your game to a halt as they bounce around the dock, flying into the air every time they hit the water.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy42o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYpuzHyEY8Q

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Day of Sex

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Space Crabs posted:

pacifist runs are for limp wristed bitch cowards, if you didn't select the GEP gun from alex at the start of the game you can straight go gently caress yourself.

Also the superior way to play was to console spawn 100 cats and grind your game to a halt as they bounce around the dock, flying into the air every time they hit the water.
also set deusex.jcdentonmale fatness 255

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Not advisable for tourists to visit the canals at night.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

a bone to pick posted:

I can't wait for forums user JC A Bomb! to post itt for maximum meta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7tRYj-Y6qI
(pretty good payoff at the end of the vid)

gently caress lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I SPILL my DRINK!

• Locked thread