Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Alright, finally through the tutorial/opening chapter and just watched the credits so I figure now's as good a time as any to ask questions.

First, I'd like to keep using Tomamo Cat so which of the following cute and or cool characters should I use along with her? Martha, Medea, Medusa, and Mash. (Why do they all start with M wth) I have saber Lilly and some other assorted people too of course, but nothing really jumps out at me.

I ended up with several Medeas so her np has been buffed too.

And second, I have enough quartz things for another 10 roll, should I just go ahead and pull it, or hoard them for some event or something?

a kitten fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

put this in the op

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

And can Jeanne carry my rear end through the 40 AP treasure daily or is it just the Ember one? She actually got crit to death my first time doing the embers and I had to burn all my Command Spells :negative:

Being a Ruler she resists every servant attack except from Berserkers and Avengers. She also has the highest HP stat in the game and while her attack is low for a 5 star, it's still good. You could likely win off pure Not Dying if you use Mash or some other Servant with DEF Buffs.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Endorph posted:

put this in the op

Yes.

I hope the later singularities are a little more interesting, Orleans so far is just endless waves of zombies, frenchmen, zombie frenchmen and wyverns.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
A high leveled Jeanne, like one in the mid 40's to 50's, will carry your rear end straight to the halls of powerleveling. Slow but surely. It's why I really want to pull her now, but instinct says that the best is yet to come and to keep hoarding.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
If you don't have Waver, use Andersen.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

a kitten posted:

First, I'd like to keep using Tomamo Cat so which of the following cute and or cool characters should I use along with her? Martha, Medea, Medusa, and Mash. (Why do they all start with M wth) I have saber Lilly and some other assorted people too of course, but nothing really jumps out at me.
This is fairly similar so my starting pull, so I'll offer what little advice I can: I'd say Mash probably works best with TamaCat, at least early on. Your biggest issue is keeping Tamamo alive, and Mash is okay at that. I've also used Martha and Tamacat on the dailies, which does decent damage but doesn't synergise very well; Martha's healing always feels like too little too late, and her Arts help never seems like enough to get Tama's NP online in time.

That said, I think my long-term plan is to try and get Tamamo-no-Mae when she comes out and run something like Tamamo/Martha/Medea.

edit:

MonsieurChoc posted:

What if you don't have Andersen either? :(

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Vengarr posted:

Yes.

I hope the later singularities are a little more interesting, Orleans so far is just endless waves of zombies, frenchmen, zombie frenchmen and wyverns.

poo poo gets better in Okeanos and then gets pretty insane.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vengarr posted:

Yes.

gameplay-wise okeanos tosses a couple of tough bosses at you, london is mostly just waves of robots, america starts experimenting with boss design and has you do a like six-fight boss rush in front of the white house, and then camelot loving wrecks your poo poo, forever

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Can you get the mana prism rewards from dailies every time they appear, or are they like other quests where you can only get the reward once?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

every time they appear

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You get the reward once, but dailies reset every day so you can just do it again the next day and get more.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

a kitten posted:

Alright, finally through the tutorial/opening chapter and just watched the credits so I figure now's as good a time as any to ask questions.

I ended up with several Medeas so her np has been buffed too.

And second, I have enough quartz things for another 10 roll, should I just go ahead and pull it, or horde them for some event or something?

The big thing about using Martha with Tamamo Cat is Martha's ability to clear Tamamo's self-inflicted stun. It's also why she's a good recommendation to pair with Jeanne at this stage of the game. NP gains can be solved by having a CE that allows Tamamo to start with some NP gauge filled at the start of battle, having a Hans Christian Anderson NP battery, or using a Zhuge Liang (Waver) from your friend's list for NP battery.

EDIT: Martha needs at least 1 ascension to get her second skill that allows her to clear debuffs. So it may take some time for Tamamo to benefit from Martha's presence.

EDIT2: If you don't have a CE that gives you NP at the start of the battle, you may want to keep rolling. If you want Gilgamesh, I'd horde until his banner is released.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 28, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

What if you don't have Andersen either? :(

He's a 2-Star, you'll get him to NP5 eventually if you keep spending your Friend Points.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FAQ is up in second post, remind me if I need to add anything or not because I can't remember every single thing someone has asked and tried to be as detailed with some answers as I could

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Blackbeard's death line. :psyduck:

It just goes on and on.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

Really? That'd be great because I could use a good caster - Cu cast isn't really great so far.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 28, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Does overflow AP ever max out, or can you just gain loads of master levels at once and end up with ten times your normal maximum?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

NRVNQSR posted:

Does overflow AP ever max out, or can you just gain loads of master levels at once and end up with ten times your normal maximum?

The latter. I think I ended up breaking 700 AP when I started out on the JPN server, if not more.

But I think I read that if you gain more than one level at once, you only get one level's equivalent of AP? Not sure if that's still true or if it's old news, however.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Does anyone on the friend list have a support able to carry 30 AP quests?

I've been relying on some random's lvl 60 Altera but she's kinda meh honestly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can absolutely gain more than one master level at once and end up with like three times your maximum yeah, but that's only like in the opening parts of the game. There's no limit to overflow as far as I know, but maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I finished the 40 ap on lv18 and i gain three level to 21.

Everything overflow with no limit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We're getting one gold apple btw for some of the problems on release

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tae posted:

Altera is so goddamn bizarre and schizophrenic. Gameplay, character, character design.

I love it.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vengarr posted:

Altera is so goddamn bizarre and schizophrenic. Gameplay, character, character design.

I love it.

She's a fun character, too bad she's pretty average.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Really? That'd be great because I could use a good caster - Cu cast isn't really great so far.

Andersen does one thing and he does it well: buff the poo poo out of your team.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Tae posted:

If you haven't used the 10 free 4* EXP cards, I'd use them on all on your Herc. Find a high level Herc or Jeanne. That should be enough to get through even if they aren't on your friend's list.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Captain Baal posted:

We're getting one gold apple btw for some of the problems on release

Kinda sad they're being stingy. I'm pretty sure I was getting way more quartz in the JP version from extended server maintenance and such than I was from login bonuses or story quests.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Bakanogami posted:

Kinda sad they're being stingy. I'm pretty sure I was getting way more quartz in the JP version from extended server maintenance and such than I was from login bonuses or story quests.

It's not for server problems.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah this was just for release issues like a servant np not working properly and some quest stuff

That being said 1 apple is like nothing rn

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

To be fair, the 30AP Piece quests apparently rendering the game unplayable (by which I assume it means lock) is something of a critical issue. Though between it likely getting fixed fast and not too many people even touching those lovely quests it probably didn't affect too many people.

The other issue mentioned, some Servant not displaying correctly in certain circumstances, on the other hand would just be a minor annoyance that didn't actually affect anything.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I read the Faq but still have a dumb q. Is it worth it to complete each daily each day for the mana prism, or do I only do the highest level I can?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're gonna get so little mana prisms you are better off doing like both 30 and 40 ap quests and melting down whatever silver exp you get and that'll get you more MP alone than any of the lower end dailies would've gotten you and you can still keep up on master levels.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Stagger_Lee posted:

I read the Faq but still have a dumb q. Is it worth it to complete each daily each day for the mana prism, or do I only do the highest level I can?

Once you can comfortably clear 30/40, you do 40 once and then grind 30 for silver exp to burn.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Tae posted:

Yeah, the lack of AP is what's really annoying to me as someone coming from FE Heroes where it's way too much stamina and they give out refills like every day.

It is a strange feeling after almost 2 years of granblue :effort:.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Thanks. I did clear a 30 with a 50 Jeanne friend, so hopefully they don't dump me. I have Tamamo Cat, Cu Chullaun, Lilly, and Mash at 20, probably wastefully, so I guess I'll get them to 35 or so and then go back to Rome.

If Tamamo isn't my best character then I guess Lancelot is, but I doubt double berserker is a great idea, and I don't like this interpretation of Lancelot.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Did you watch the show? He has some fantastic fights.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
IF you don't like that Lancelot, then rejoice, because in a while, don't know when but in a while when Camelot comes out Saber Lancelot kicks all kinds of rear end.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
No, I didn't watch the show. I just finished my master's thesis on Lancelot du Lac, among other things, and am not cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Stagger_Lee posted:

Thanks. I did clear a 30 with a 50 Jeanne friend, so hopefully they don't dump me. I have Tamamo Cat, Cu Chullaun, Lilly, and Mash at 20, probably wastefully, so I guess I'll get them to 35 or so and then go back to Rome.

If Tamamo isn't my best character then I guess Lancelot is, but I doubt double berserker is a great idea, and I don't like this interpretation of Lancelot.

If I recall, Lancezerker is very much a later game servant with crit boosters like merlin. I do like him a lot in the show though. A rather tragic story.