Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

how do you feel about mordred being a punk biker chick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Seems like an insult to hot motorcycle gang girls the world over.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mordred is a good girl.

(As well as my ace servant)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Mordred is good and she is very good at surfing.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Better than Saberlot or mah gurl Shiki Ryougi tho? NO

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

good news, you get ryougi for free from the kara no kyoukai event, no rolling required

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Stagger_Lee posted:

No, I didn't watch the show. I just finished my master's thesis on Lancelot du Lac, among other things, and am not cool.

That sounds p cool actually, and the version of Arthurian lore present in this game/series will probably make you laugh heartily.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Gologle posted:

Better than Saberlot or mah gurl Shiki Ryougi tho? NO

Best Sabers are Bride, Musashi and Shiki. Alter is pretty cool too.

Mordred is pretty great though.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 29, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Drakes posted:

It is a strange feeling after almost 2 years of granblue :effort:.

Once events start rolling around they'll give you apples at a pretty nice clip.

Though Granblue now gives you so many AP refills that you can basically play it like a console game.

a kitten posted:

That sounds p cool actually, and the version of Arthurian lore present in this game/series will probably make you laugh heartily.

Real talk though, the Camelot actually "Jerusalem", kind of, but we'll get there chapter does some neat things with Arthurian lore. It puts some spins on certain characters that I don't see explored much, but they make sense, especially in context and it really helps Fate's take on the myth feel like it's own thing.

Stagger_Lee posted:

Seems like an insult to hot motorcycle gang girls the world over.

Believe me when I say: it ain't. F/GO Mordred is fuckin' great.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 29, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
definitely going to need stagger lee to liveblog camelot when it comes out

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I was so ready to use the hell out of Lancelot whenever I get him but then I heard his really stupid voice in Orleans and now I'm not so sure.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
It is so incredibly strange to feel a sense of accomplishment at clearing 40AP hands again.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Captain Keene posted:

It is so incredibly strange to feel a sense of accomplishment at clearing 40AP hands again.

It feels really sad to not be able to chain Rider Morder's NP to clear them in 3 turns, and instead having to actually DO things

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Captain Keene posted:

Never played the japan version but I did my first 40ap hands just as I gained enough points to actually run it and it was pretty rivitting poo poo. All my reserve units died and all that was left were my and my support unit Jeanne. Both at like 1500 health. Gained two easy base levels from it

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There are valid complaints about Berserker Lancelot but minigun NP is cool so I forgive him.

On my JP account I have one party with Mordred, Gilgamesh, and Berserker Lancelot explicitly for Arturia bullying purposes. I wanna get Zero Caster to put on it too.

Freak Futanari posted:

It feels really sad to not be able to chain Rider Morder's NP to clear them in 3 turns, and instead having to actually DO things

I have a team with Nitocris and Saber Shiki and can just Instakill NP all three waves away. It's hard to go back to struggling.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Does anyone on the friend list have a character that can solo 40 ap?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Managed to get one run of the 40 AP hands now, with two strong sabers and a Berserker. Took all my command seals on the last wave, but I got it. I don't think I'll do it again soon, sticking to 30AP for now.

I didn't think I'd say this, but thank God for Lu Bu and his being discount Heracles.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So how aam I supposed to beat Shadow Berserker in Fuyuki? Hope Gae Bolg insta-kills him?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

a kitten posted:

They made King Arthur a girl!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gologle posted:

So how aam I supposed to beat Shadow Berserker in Fuyuki? Hope Gae Bolg insta-kills him?

You come back later when you servants are stronger and can sustain a fight against him.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I can get him down to 50k HP as it is, thanks to combo of Jeanne and Cu clutching it out, but I can't get below that. Do I need a Waver support?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

You come back later when you servants are stronger and can sustain a fight against him.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Or a single servant who can one round him! :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gologle posted:

I can get him down to 50k HP as it is, thanks to combo of Jeanne and Cu clutching it out, but I can't get below that. Do I need a Waver support?

If you got that close you might as well just pop command seals against him and kill him then

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is it better to have Artorias Saber or a character that has a bunch of red cards to make my Hercules hit hard all the time?

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
The "acquire" master missions - do those drop from specific dailies, or just randomly from anything?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Is it better to have Artorias Saber or a character that has a bunch of red cards to make my Hercules hit hard all the time?

Artoria's probably better to have since she has waveclear NP and two buster cards so she can actually work with herc p well as far as card synergy goes.

Stagger_Lee posted:

The "acquire" master missions - do those drop from specific dailies, or just randomly from anything?

Getting skill gems comes from the green dailies that are based around the class triangles, yeah.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So am I selecting cards wrong then, because I rarely do NP even in 30 AP quests.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you start off an attack with arts you inherently gain more NP for your following cards, but if you use buster cards to follow it you are at best gonna get 1% NP gauge increase. So you normally wanna follow the first arts with ideally another one or a quick card since both give you an actual significant increase of NP gauge. If you've been working along those lines you should be able to get NP with Artoria who has generally pretty alright NP gain. Like 30AP hands are weak, but you should be able to get excalibur off of hitting the first two waves enough especially if Artoria is doing overkill damage.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I still feel pretty obligated to use Silver XP on leveling up, I've only just hit 20 on a few dudes and it seems way more important to get everyone up to an ascension level ASAP than worry about hoarding prisms. Bronze though have almost instantly become worthless, obviously.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I found that going generally Buster ->Quick->Arts for card order works very well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

I still feel pretty obligated to use Silver XP on leveling up, I've only just hit 20 on a few dudes and it seems way more important to get everyone up to an ascension level ASAP than worry about hoarding prisms. Bronze though have almost instantly become worthless, obviously.

This is fine too, the game just started and people have plenty of time to get prisms. Getting to a point where you feel comfortable with your team is honestly the most important part of the game.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc posted:

I found that going generally Buster ->Quick->Arts for card order works very well.

It's kinda right on the edge. IIRC reddit or the wiki or somewhere did the math and arts first usually generates more NP than arts last but only if you can get a brave combo, and even then it depends on class?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pureauthor posted:

They're supposed to refresh every month. Not sure about why they have it listed as lasting a year.

The very first batch lasted for a year, and we didn't get renewals until a while in. After that it was monthly. I assume it was 'cause it took some time for the playerbase to rev up their mana prism generation to "can buy the tickets and stuff every months" levels.

Dr Pepper posted:

Blackbeard's death line. :psyduck:

It just goes on and on.

FYI you can tap to skip death lines.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 29, 2017

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress... I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna encounter any Noble Phantasm names better than "Just, Kill"

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Bakanogami posted:

It's kinda right on the edge. IIRC reddit or the wiki or somewhere did the math and arts first usually generates more NP than arts last but only if you can get a brave combo, and even then it depends on class?

BQA is best for damage, ABQ is best for NP generation and star generation, assuming a single servant. Specific combinations depend on the people involved, personally I put the servant with better NP gen or two arts/quicks first and the other dude last, since I like having NP levels even so I can chain them.

Jenny Angel posted:

gently caress... I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna encounter any Noble Phantasm names better than "Just, Kill"
I wish they'd kept some of the nuances of that NP's name but they relied on using both the furigana and kanji names to make a two-part phrase. I think it was literature inspired, too? Either way it was a bitch and you lost information when translating because you had three pieces of information (furigana translation, kanji translation, spoken line) and only two places to put them in.

The full phrase was something like, "We only need to kill, because the dagger won't return". (Without context, it becomes "Just Kill" and "Dagger of No Return", iirc).
Referring, of course, to the fact Jing Ke's mission was a suicide mission.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 29, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

some of the np names are really awkward without the subtitle giving them additional context

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm pretty sure 'Napping in the Dazzling Sunshine and Feasting' is right up there for weird NP names.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Kyte posted:

The full phrase was something like, "We only need to kill, because the dagger won't return". (Without context, it becomes "Just Kill" and "Dagger of No Return", iirc).
Referring, of course, to the fact Jing Ke's mission was a suicide mission.

I prefer non-returnable dagger myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

InfinityComplex posted:

I prefer non-returnable dagger myself.

Returnable is a terrible word. :colbert: