Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i have had wicked dreams the last few weeks or so. i don't sleep for more than a few hours a night (but holy poo poo is napping during the daytime as easy as ur mom). summer time is rough for me because it was when a bunch of people got dusted in afghanistan. i also stopped smoking weed because i was getting tight in my chest so that might have something to do with it. but yeah summer and the very beginning/end of the year are always anxious/stressful/depressed times for me regardless of what is going on in my life, moreso than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I've been more angry and sad than usual recently. I think it had alot to do with these recent news cycles and a sort of generaized nihilism I've been seeing Cascade through my friends and relatives. Working more on being upbeat and making reasons to feel happy and optimistic though

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

poo poo, I'm out 2 years running and I am starting to feel it. You are not alone on this one. Its like that feeling you get on your skin right before a giant gently caress off thunder storm rolls through.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Wasabi the J posted:

Hey guys has anyone (still in even) had a ton of anxiety lately?

I've been having non stop stress dreams the last 5 days. I haven't been taking on more news than normal, I've even dialed it back, I'm not going through a lot of stressful poo poo. I work out, and have been eating healthy.

Just the last week, I'm going to bed and fighting through hours of being late to formation with a beard and in civies, and someone reminding me I smoked pot in the dream (I don't smoke IRL and I'm active guard), deploying to somewhere to fight in a trench, and this kind of poo poo goes for hours and I wake up exhausted.

I've been freaked out by now persistent it is and I'm trying every relaxation technique I know, but the stress is starting to creep into my waking life.

I had wicked anxiety during the last couple of months.

also for slack users, my invites have been slow but I would also suggest you guys ask for a GIP discord invite since that is way more active than the slack channel.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I've been a poor slack user because I don't have the GiP slack on my phone and I'm away from home most of the time. I also feel like a dick because I've taken suicide watch calls before and felt the exhaustion the next morning, where I have to yell at myself saying what if next time it's your drunken rear end feeling reality set in and fffffffffffff

Seriously like many goons here I've had too many friends. Message me if you need something. I loving suck at making noble statements but I drove all the way to my best friends and clocked him in the face at 4am because I'm selfish and don't want to have to go to any more funerals.

In other news my grandmother died and I feel like poo poo because at 92 she was still spry as a fox and just dropped after a solid dance at the national home. My mom and my aunt managed to get a fairly in depth taped account of all the poo poo she went through a hear or two ago. I almost feel like the only way to do justice to her life is to write a book about her hopping the wall from East Germany with my infant mom and aunt, but I'm heasitant to even think about it because it's a story of surviving the fire bombing of Dresden and other horrible events that make me hate long dead nazis.

And in retrospect my initial reaction to delete this post in antipathy to the point of this thread and posting from the heart. Typing out words that you're feeling hurts. So get it off your chest

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I had about a week at the beginning of the month where even my Ativan script didn't help.

Its been a bad month for a couple friends too, and I probably won't make it through July with out getting that 3 am phone call. Unless its me they are calling each other about. Which frankly, wouldn't be too bad of an option.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

M_Gargantua posted:

I've been a poor slack user because I don't have the GiP slack on my phone and I'm away from home most of the time. I also feel like a dick because I've taken suicide watch calls before and felt the exhaustion the next morning, where I have to yell at myself saying what if next time it's your drunken rear end feeling reality set in and fffffffffffff

Seriously like many goons here I've had too many friends. Message me if you need something. I loving suck at making noble statements but I drove all the way to my best friends and clocked him in the face at 4am because I'm selfish and don't want to have to go to any more funerals.

In other news my grandmother died and I feel like poo poo because at 92 she was still spry as a fox and just dropped after a solid dance at the national home. My mom and my aunt managed to get a fairly in depth taped account of all the poo poo she went through a hear or two ago. I almost feel like the only way to do justice to her life is to write a book about her hopping the wall from East Germany with my infant mom and aunt, but I'm heasitant to even think about it because it's a story of surviving the fire bombing of Dresden and other horrible events that make me hate long dead nazis.

And in retrospect my initial reaction to delete this post in antipathy to the point of this thread and posting from the heart. Typing out words that you're feeling hurts. So get it off your chest

You're a good lad for clocking a friend when he needed it, and your gran sounds like she was a special awesome kind of girl.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
I reached out to some friends to get some help, in already feeling a bit more hopeful :smith:

Shout out to the goon that really stepped up for me, thank you!

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Just wanna put out there that I am always available if anyone needs to vent. I'm on discord or PMs.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Today's my wife's birthday. I'm going to be visiting her gravesite with flowers and a small bottle of mead that I made. She really liked it last time I made it.

It's been a rough 20 months, but I'm getting through it. The first six or so were probably the worst.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

McNally posted:

Today's my wife's birthday. I'm going to be visiting her gravesite with flowers and a small bottle of mead that I made. She really liked it last time I made it.

It's been a rough 20 months, but I'm getting through it. The first six or so were probably the worst.

My condolences. I sincerely admire your strength during all this, I hope that anyone going through any tragedy would be able to look to your example with hope.

I'm sure I speak for most of us here when we say we're here for you regardless.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 16, 2017

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Echoing Wasabi. We're here for you buddy.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

McNally posted:

Do your thing and make a call if you need it. Anyone here will answer.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Syrian Lannister posted:

Echoing Wasabi. We're here for you buddy.

I can't put it any better after several tries

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

McNally posted:

It's hard to believe it's been that long since this all started. I'm glad you're still here.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
McNally, I am sorry to hear of your wife's passing. I'm glad to hear you are doing better.

In fact I hope everyone here is doing better than they were yesterday. I don't know any of you but I love you all.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
My best friend killed herself last night.

gently caress.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

gently caress

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

McNally posted:

gently caress.

gently caress.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

McNally posted:

gently caress.

Good lord. sorry.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

McNally posted:

gently caress.

Jesus McNally. I'm sorry.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
gently caress. :(

We're still here for you, man.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

McNally posted:

gently caress.

Why you? Like, I'm genuinely curious now.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

Why you? Like, I'm genuinely curious now.

Statistical outlier?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

McNally posted:

Statistical outlier?

I mean universe wise I guess. Of all people to burden these, why pick you? Destiny or dogma, I don't know. I wish there were words to describe it. It's not fair how someone at random sometimes gets dealt blows like this over and over.

I'm sorry about all of this man.

In the end of all this, you will either be a fantastic individual weathered and polished, or you'll spiral down into a pit where you've been before.

Just don't forget to reach out if you start spinning. We all want to see you happy.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Something has to balance out my enormous penis, I guess.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Edit: dumb joke that shouldnt have been said.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 29, 2017

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Did she complete her annual suicide training?

Really?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm sorry man. Just a little dark humor. Last time someone held back you called them a pussy. It's a lovely situation and a dumb joke.

I guess it would have helped if it was a good joke.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm sorry man. Just a little dark humor. Last time someone held back you called them a pussy. It's a lovely situation and a dumb joke.

I guess it would have helped if it was a good joke.

Yeah, no, you're right. It wasn't a good joke. :v:

But seriously, though, I think I had eighteen simultaneous reactions to your post and most of them require knowledge I didn't share. My friend was a civilian, never served. Also I misread it at first and took "suicide training" to mean "training on how to commit suicide."

Brain no worky so good lately.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nah i know and i figured. I was just trying to make a stupid crack to help you smile a bit.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah i know and i figured. I was just trying to make a stupid crack to help you smile a bit.

If it makes you feel better, it worked once I realized what was going on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Well, silver lining and all. Keep your head up man.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Edit: dumb joke that shouldnt have been said.

My joke was gonna be that he should just take the hint that women don't like being around him and should consider being gay.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I am looking forward to the made for TV movie about McNally's life after he gets elected to Congress or some poo poo

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Is it just me or did it get really dark in here really fast. Call if you need anything. My number is on slack app.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

I am looking forward to the made for TV movie about McNally's life after he gets elected to Congress or some poo poo

I have the know-how, ability, and experience to do a documentary thing. I'd be willing to do it free schedule permitting and finances pending. (Not for me or whatever. I'm talking about travel and stuff). That offer is for you McNally and I'll PM you my work if you're interested. I'd post it here but 1) my name is on it because I sign off, and 2) I've been doxxed twice here already and I'm not wanting 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Soulex posted:

My joke was gonna be that he should just take the hint that women don't like being around him and should consider being gay.

I had a real elaborate one about hubris and his gigantic penis offending Yahweh, who is a jealous God, a quote from Numbers with cubits, and then I thought well that's a bad idea.

Sorry McNally. Hang in.