Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Propaganda Hour posted:

That, and the multiplayer for WaW is excellent and always will be.

But, mostly zombies cause otherwise mp is relatively dead except for some truly spergy servers that force you to remain crouched at all times and if you ever sprint... and I mean EVER sprint, you'll be banned on the spot cause the autistic admins spend the entire match spectating players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That is the weirdest poo poo.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

PantsBandit posted:

I'm about 4 hours into Watch_Dogs 2. So far, it's been quite enjoyable, I definitely don't regret paying $30 for it. I know there's been a lot of talk about the dissonance between the anti-establishment tone of the game and the ability to massacre civilians, but I honestly find it hilarious. I can't help but laugh when Marcus is driving down the street, talking to his friend about how "THESE PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP" while hacking nearby cars and making them slam headlong into barrier walls.

yeah around about the time you're summoning gangs to kill the cops you summoned to kill the gangs you summoned to kill the completely innocent civilian you just car jacked and cyber robbed it's starting to get harder to keep your burning moral clarity

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Deakul posted:

But, mostly zombies cause otherwise mp is relatively dead except for some truly spergy servers that force you to remain crouched at all times and if you ever sprint... and I mean EVER sprint, you'll be banned on the spot cause the autistic admins spend the entire match spectating players.

lol i love this, it's like putting NO RUSH 20 MINUTES as the title of your hosted starcraft game

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I played BLOPS 3 with a controller on PC and man, you wouldn't believe how much people would complain about aim assist when I beat them.
They do it even if you're playing with a mouse.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
World at War was really good and I'd probably LP it if it wasn't such a cliche to LP call of duty games on youtube

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

do it anyway, nothing is forbidden

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Is Kerbal Space Program worth 20 clams?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

As if you can put a price on the hundreds of kerbals you will soon blow up on the launchpad or lose in the cold depths of space. (get it!)

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

corn in the bible posted:

probably. WaW was the first one to introduce them and although most of the maps in it have been remade for newer games some purists prefer the originals

Also it has the most modded zombie maps. Some of them are really interesting, some of them are just genuinely good and some of them are literally worse than zombie hitler.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

do it anyway, nothing is forbidden

not to mention the story ties in (at least the Russian part, which is half the game) with Black Ops

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Steam, I am disappoint :smith:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Takes No Damage posted:

The cards for this game sell at 1$+.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Anyone have a link to that extensive writeup some goon had of Heart's Medicine and the other related games?
Sure. Here you go.

Edit - oh yeah. I learned something useful about Heart's Medecine that might work for the series as a whole.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jun 29, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

isnt that a really old game?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Hollenhammer posted:

not to mention the story ties in (at least the Russian part, which is half the game) with Black Ops

good old gary oldman

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Takes No Damage posted:

I bet it's still a better game than Pit FIghter.

Also, is this SuperHot without the time freeze gimmick?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/581630/Sword_With_Sauce_Alpha/

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

isnt that a really old game?

There was that magical time in the 90s when Mortal Kombat was blowing up and everybody thought they could just take some stock footage of actors wiggling around and cut it up into fighting moves. Still, all the negative reviews of this game are bitching about stuff like unresponsive controls and poor sprite borders. I don't think they 'get' what this game was going for.

Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_AiLdU5O1c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUEXioTdscc

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh my god I was wondering if Cortex Command was ever finished so I checked out the store page.

The promo video clip is salty as hell

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was gifted some game called "Kitty Cat: Jigsaw Puzzles" that is in no way notable since it is just you putting together puzzle pieces in a barebones game with no music and it shows the outlines of the pieces so you can just match up the pieces to their corresponding areas without any thought.

HOWEVER

http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-500580

Look at those fuckin steam backgrounds

Goddamn those are some good steam backgrounds

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh my god I was wondering if Cortex Command was ever finished so I checked out the store page.

Nice to see they're still working on it. I'll reinstall it for ten minutes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

By the way, I know he already found the post but I wanted to say thanks for linking him to the posts either way, I appreciate it :) I hadn't checked up on this thread in a while and I would've missed his initial request most likely so I'm glad someone else was able to help him out :D

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

DrNutt posted:

I was thinking of picking up Chip's Challenge for nostalgia's sake but apparently it's got always online DRM? That's so stupid I refuse to give them any money for that.

What? No it doesn't. The thing is one of my go-to offline titles.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

By the way, I know he already found the post but I wanted to say thanks for linking him to the posts either way, I appreciate it :) I hadn't checked up on this thread in a while and I would've missed his initial request most likely so I'm glad someone else was able to help him out :D

The game with Francois where he's a hairdresser just came out, hopefully it hits Steam pretty soon.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

HMS Beagle posted:

The game with Francois where he's a hairdresser just came out, hopefully it hits Steam pretty soon.

AAaaaaa

It's that and Dr Cares I'm looking forward to right now because 1. Francois fuckin owns so of course the game he's costarring in is gonna own and 2. I wanna know who shot that guy's dog in Dr Cares!!!

.....god what the hell is wrong with me lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
tenth line was all right, not goty but still pretty fun. the pacing felt really rushed, especially in the last part of the game, but it was also kind of a page turner :v:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I don't know what's funnier... that promo vid or the positive review score.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I have this strange urge to play RAGE again. What in the world?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Jamfrost posted:

I have this strange urge to play RAGE again. What in the world?
It's got a nice revolver that can one-shot most things if you use the strongest ammo.
Also, a couple of hours playing it will feel like four.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

DrNutt posted:

I made a few cents selling cards and want to get something for my trouble. Does anyone have any recommendations for the .49 cent games out there? I don't have any real specific asks for that price, but if there's a decent HO game for that price, I would probably get it. Otherwise I have really eclectic taste in games so if there's an absurdly cheap hidden gem out there somewhere I'm open to it. Not Bad Rats Show. I already have Bad Rats and it's Not For Me.

The Dweller - $0.49 (-90%) - puzzle game about eating archeologists
Artificial Defense - $0.49 (-90%) - electronica-themed TD game
Zasa - An AI Story - $0.49 (-51%) - puzzle game about drawing lines on the surface of a cube

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

END ME SCOOB posted:

What? No it doesn't. The thing is one of my go-to offline titles.

Good to know, but you are contradicting a bunch of negative reviews from the game hub.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

AAaaaaa

It's that and Dr Cares I'm looking forward to right now because 1. Francois fuckin owns so of course the game he's costarring in is gonna own and 2. I wanna know who shot that guy's dog in Dr Cares!!!

.....god what the hell is wrong with me lol

I played through the demo and before my time expired Julio Iglesias's plane disappeared over the Bermuda Triangle.

These games are insane.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Is Hover: Revolt of Gamers (lol) good? It looks a little jank but I loved JSRF. Like, in particular, collision detection seems loose and that seems like a kiss of death for a skating game.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

SirSamVimes posted:

I legit cannot imagine how anyone can consider Hallownest to be disjointed or obtuse. It is one of the most interconnected and well-flowing metroidvania maps I've ever seen.

The top part of the map is mostly fine but the areas to the right and bottom are super linear and have pretty much nothing in the way of getting around easy. That and I really wish there was a way of marking things in the map that it's filled in but I haven't actually completed ala Breath of the Wild.

Also the King's Brand is what's tripping me up. I thought it would open the black gates but apparently not!

Too Shy Guy posted:

If you're really getting put off consider shelving it for a few weeks, because they're patching in a new fast travel system sometime in July.

Haha dang I might just do that. Thanks!

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
King's brand opens the way to the area that has the thing to get through the black gates. Go as far down to the bottom of the map as you can in ancient basin

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I'm after a game that treats movement as an important part of the experience. The faster and more kinetic the better. I bought n+ and its cool and sort of what I'm after but its a wee bit too floaty. Any suggestions?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Deathstate or Cryptark?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Deathstate or Cryptark?

I haven't played cryptark yet but deathstate for $2 is a good rear end deal.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Macarius Wrench posted:

I'm after a game that treats movement as an important part of the experience. The faster and more kinetic the better. I bought n+ and its cool and sort of what I'm after but its a wee bit too floaty. Any suggestions?

Doom.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Macarius Wrench posted:

Rayman Legends
Dustforce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

FirstAidKite posted:

I was gifted some game called "Kitty Cat: Jigsaw Puzzles" that is in no way notable since it is just you putting together puzzle pieces in a barebones game with no music and it shows the outlines of the pieces so you can just match up the pieces to their corresponding areas without any thought.

HOWEVER

http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-500580

Look at those fuckin steam backgrounds

Goddamn those are some good steam backgrounds

:eyepop:

Synthbuttrange posted:

Deathstate or Cryptark?

Death state is super cheap right now and simpler I think. Cryptark is more complex and involved, but gets loving hard. You'll make it through like maybe 5 arks before it decides to brutalize your anus.

• Locked thread