Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think that's the truth at all.

I think you've gotta be the last scum. You seemingly had a double vote and then you don't get lynched?

My theory that the scum roles got passed to someone else on death seems much more likely right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope that both Tired and Hal aren't scum together. It's possible, so I'm not sure who you should protect Chaos.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I don't think that's the truth at all.

I think you've gotta be the last scum. You seemingly had a double vote and then you don't get lynched?

My theory that the scum roles got passed to someone else on death seems much more likely right now.

OK, I mean I pretended I had a triple vote as a joke at the end since I thought I was dying. Don't you think if I really had that power and I was scum I would have done that a lot sooner?

But for real I have idea what happened.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

OK, I mean I pretended I had a triple vote as a joke at the end since I thought I was dying. Don't you think if I really had that power and I was scum I would have done that a lot sooner?

But for real I have idea what happened.

Honestly, I have no idea right now. I mean, the day was always going to be between you and Tired, but you didn't even bother to vote Tired until the end.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I knew there had to be a curveball coming and I still didn't see it coming.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Honestly, I have no idea right now. I mean, the day was always going to be between you and Tired, but you didn't even bother to vote Tired until the end.

Was I not voting Moritz all day? Ha! I just assumed I was, jeez.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm just going to turn in my doc/vote now so I don't overthink this and accidentally miss the deadline

Man, what a twist. I know you kept saying "curveball" but I just didn't see where it could possibly be. Jeez.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Was I not voting Moritz all day? Ha! I just assumed I was, jeez.

I really wasn't.. I screwed up my joke at the end!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Just so everyone knows, this activated my "Hurt Locker" power where if you try and lynch me tomorrow I explode and everyone voting me dies.

Heads up!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So then, you really are scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alright that wasn't true.

I'm still just VT.

I mean I'm sure you guys are just gonna kill me tomorrow but I am going to enjoy these last few moments.

Look back on my posting though, I think you can see I was pretty sure I was going to die. Use this reprieve to do the right thing tomorrow and vote for badguy Moritz.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And this isn't actually a problem.

If Hal is the last scum, then we are at 5 alive with 3 town, 1 3P and 1 scum. If the scum kill goes through tonight, then we go to 4 alive, 2 town, 1 3P and 1 scum. No lynch immediately. If the next kill gets through (remember, there will be a doctor available tomorrow night!) then it will be a 3 way lylo with 1 town/1scum/1 3P.

Tired, you better vote with town or I'm going to be pissed.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

So then, you really are scum.

TMM where did you put your ability to have fun? Is it because Schwarber got sent to the minors?

I'm not scum, but do what you gotta do.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, you are being evasive about why there is no lynch. If you aren't scum, then who would save you?

As far as I know, you didn't get any of the boons, unless someone secretly passed you one. And even then, you'd know it was the reason there was no lynch.

There's no reason I can think of for you to have avoided the lynch unless you are lynchproof (as a boon or normal power) and in a game like this has been so far, I would automatically assume that's a scum power.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Well, you are being evasive about why there is no lynch. If you aren't scum, then who would save you?

As far as I know, you didn't get any of the boons, unless someone secretly passed you one. And even then, you'd know it was the reason there was no lynch.

There's no reason I can think of for you to have avoided the lynch unless you are lynchproof (as a boon or normal power) and in a game like this has been so far, I would automatically assume that's a scum power.

Honestly if I was lynchproof scum I would have been way more prepared after that happened to spin that in a way that would make me look town. Most likely I would have fakeclaimed something that gave me a good reason for it. Letting it play out like this would be about the worst possible use of such a power.

I can't wait for the end of the game to find out what happened.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

What the christ

All I can think is that there was at least one night where the person voted MOTM was killed at night, maybe scum Hal got their MOTM boon but wasn't told what it was? I dunno. This is insane.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CirclMastr posted:

What the christ

All I can think is that there was at least one night where the person voted MOTM was killed at night, maybe scum Hal got their MOTM boon but wasn't told what it was? I dunno. This is insane.

No, we were told who got the MOTM each day.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
goddamn, this game isn't loving done yet? I have mobile game poo poo to do

who the hell am I going to MOMT

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TMMadman posted:

No, we were told who got the MOTM each day.

Then I don't know and this is insane (still).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
TNL died when they were voted MOMT and it got transferred to Infi. But then Infi went and explode himself on TMM so idk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chaoslord, Tim Howard, goalkeeper, doctor has been cut from the squad!

Circl has won MOTM!

No deadline!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

[4] Not Voting: CirclMastr, Hal Incandenza, Tired Moritz, TMMadman

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, well I'm the doctor now.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I once again tracked Hal, he went nowhere, and there was a night kill.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the hell? I guess there really was a ninja.

I'll wait for Hal to explain himself.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

the hell? I guess there really was a ninja.

I'll wait for Hal to explain himself.

Or your scum with a governor power who used it on Hal because if he flipped town you'd be lynched today and this puts the numbers in your favor.

It's MYLO today, so if we mislynch we lose unless I get lucky with my doctor.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, even though I don't think it would have mattered, I kind of wish Circl had tracked Tired.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TMMadman posted:

Or your scum with a governor power who used it on Hal because if he flipped town you'd be lynched today and this puts the numbers in your favor.

It's MYLO today, so if we mislynch we lose unless I get lucky with my doctor.

welll if you believe that. I can't say that's not a possibility fypov.

I'm bp/hider(?) so I really don't know what happened.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm probably vote whatever TMM says. All I can say that lynching me today makes it a guranteed loss for town.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh wait, nevermind the second sentence. It's a guranteed loss unless TMM gets lucky with his doc. The chances are lower though than lynching between Hal and CirclMastr (though I'm leaning heavily against Hal).

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh wait, nevermind the second sentence. It's a guranteed loss unless TMM gets lucky with his doc. The chances are lower though than lynching between Hal and CirclMastr (though I'm leaning heavily against Hal).

There's no way that Circl could be scum at this point. There would be no reason for him to stop the lynch even if they were both scum. If Hal flipped scum yesterday and the game didn't end, then you'd be the automatic lynch and scum would win. And if they are both scum where Hals role is lynchproof then they could come out and gloat about it now because if the game was 2 scum, 1 3P and 1 town then they could just get you to vote with them to win the game.

No, the lynch choice is between you and Hal once again. The question is whether Hal is scum who was lynchproof or if you are scum who had a governor power. It's possible Hal could have a governor power, but the ones one seen generally aren't allowed to self target.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
okay. idk how to convince you I'm survivor, and the deck is stacked against me tbh. Hal being caught not moving is kinda a hanging noose on me.

Well, it's up to you whether or not you believe I'm 3rd or not. Of course, scum can always not vote and stall this game indefinitely but I don't see why they would do that other than the lols.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have no new information, don't know why I survived, didn't do anything last night.

No lunch seems to be the way to go. Otherwise I would vote Moritz since I don't see why scum circle wouldn't just lie and say he tracked me or whoever to CL

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah cool ok then

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't want to die so I agree with a no lynch

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly just don't know what to think here and I'm trying to process it.

I'm not going to vote for anyone but one of Tired/Hal, but I don't know which one yet.

I just don't know what seems more likely: that Hal had a lynchproof or that Tired had a governor power.

I kind of lean more towards Hal being lynchproof because it seems like it would fit better. I tried to work out what would happen if Tired/Kasu were both scum and the lynch was prevented on D6, but I think we'd be in pretty much the same spot. We would have gone into N6 with 6 alive, 2 scum and 4 town, the scum team makes a kill and we start D7 with 5 alive, 2 scum, 3 town. Kasu almost certainly gets hung that day, so we start N7 with 4 alive, 1 scum, 3 town. This is where it kind of diverges because it would depend on if scum killed on N7 and start D8 in a 3 man lylo or if scum wanted to no kill and go into a 4 man mylo.

But I still can't shake the feeling that Tired is trying to make some kind of play here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There's no reason to no lynch at this point. And that makes me suspect Hal even more because he should know that.

A no lynch just leaves us with this same choice tomorrow, regardless of whether or not scum make a kill.

I mean this isn't a situation where we could get more information. We all agree that the scum has to be one of Hal or Tired, so what good is a no lynch?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Tired, what is your flavor?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

There's no reason to no lynch at this point. And that makes me suspect Hal even more because he should know that.

A no lynch just leaves us with this same choice tomorrow, regardless of whether or not scum make a kill.

I mean this isn't a situation where we could get more information. We all agree that the scum has to be one of Hal or Tired, so what good is a no lynch?

Fair enough, I wasn't thinking about it too hard. I feel like that was what you wanted to do last night....?

But yeah I guess there is no point in not rolling the dice today then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

And this isn't actually a problem.

If Hal is the last scum, then we are at 5 alive with 3 town, 1 3P and 1 scum. If the scum kill goes through tonight, then we go to 4 alive, 2 town, 1 3P and 1 scum. No lynch immediately. If the next kill gets through (remember, there will be a doctor available tomorrow night!) then it will be a 3 way lylo with 1 town/1scum/1 3P.

Tired, you better vote with town or I'm going to be pissed.

I was referring to this post, btw

• Locked thread