Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I ascended my Artoria and holy hell her NP can hit like a truck now :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I'm pretty sure 'Napping in the Dazzling Sunshine and Feasting' is right up there for weird NP names.

is that tamacat's? because hers is insanely long even in japanese - 燦々日光午睡宮酒池肉林さんさんにっこう ひるやすみしゅちにくりん

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm more tickled by the idea that her greatest manifestation of her 'legend' is being a giant lazybones.

Also I want them to add more RotK Servants. Rider Guan Yu when???

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's a mention of 'red hare' in the game's files which is either guan yu or a rider lu bu.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And with that 3* servants are finally done.

Since Agartha is happening tomorrow, I might be able to do the remainder of the 4* for then, but I'll try when I can find the time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kyte posted:

Returnable is a terrible word. :colbert:

Refundable dagger

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'the dagger that won't return' but also refundable, yeah

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Waver: "It's just been revoked!"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Assassin Ehud when?

"I have a message from God for you!" *stab*

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pureauthor posted:

I'm more tickled by the idea that her greatest manifestation of her 'legend' is being a giant lazybones.

It's a reference to an old method of torture that involved releasing humans into a forest with a wild tiger running around. The feast was the people. :v:
(Nowadays it just means a particularly debauched feast)

Endorph posted:

is that tamacat's? because hers is insanely long even in japanese - 燦々日光午睡宮酒池肉林さんさんにっこう ひるやすみしゅちにくりん
We rendered that one as "Opulent Feast of Sunshine Catnaps" or "Opulence of Sun and Shine and Catnap", so Aniplex did pretty well there. But yeah all names involving Tamamo are super long and hard to translate.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 29, 2017

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Disposable Razor

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Chunchunmaru.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SpaceDrake posted:

Real talk though, the Camelot actually "Jerusalem", kind of, but we'll get there chapter does some neat things with Arthurian lore. It puts some spins on certain characters that I don't see explored much, but they make sense, especially in context and it really helps Fate's take on the myth feel like it's own thing.

I totally love different spins on Arthurian stuff, hell I'm pretty sure learning who Saber was was what initially piqued my curiosity about the series as a whole so I'm looking forward to that!

Vengarr posted:

Chunchunmaru.

If only it was somehow possible to rename excalibur to this.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 29, 2017

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nasu did write a mini-novel about Type-Moon Camelot, came with the UBW anime blu-rays. It's called Garden of Avalon.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hope they announce what they're doing with the 4* pick soon; with Herc plus maybe another 10-roll I'll probably be okay with sitting on quartz until a rate up or event.

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 29, 2017

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Captain Baal posted:

You're gonna get so little mana prisms you are better off doing like both 30 and 40 ap quests and melting down whatever silver exp you get and that'll get you more MP alone than any of the lower end dailies would've gotten you and you can still keep up on master levels.

Is this still true for the Sunday dungeon which is all-class or should you slam the 40 AP one there?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Motto posted:

Hope they announce what they're doing with the 4* pick soon; with Herc plus maybe another 10-roll I'll probably be okay with sitting on quartz until a rate up or event.

Folks seem to feel that it'll come during anime expo next week.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Quetzadilla posted:

Is this still true for the Sunday dungeon which is all-class or should you slam the 40 AP one there?

Yeah Sunday dungeon should still be pretty ripe but it's more of a mixed bag so it might be harder to prepare for

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So what's the best early saber? The free Saber Lily or one of the 1*/2*? I need someone to kick lancer rear end and it sucks that they put the archer exp quests right before the lancer exp quests.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Right now, Caesar for nongold Sabers. Obviously if you can roll Arturia, Altera or Alter you'll wreck face.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
If I got Vlad III, is there a good Synergy 4* pick when that happens to get for him? I already have d'Eon

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What am I going to do with all these useless 1-2* CE?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I'm having a hard time seeing how a lvl 50 Jeanne is able to solo the 40 AP daily. I guess I just suck?

I picked someone's 1st ascension lvl 52 Jeanne. My team (lvl 18 Hercules, lvl 19 Waver, backup lvl 15 Martha and backup lvl 11 Shielder.) still died early in the second stage despite using skills to try to keep them up. Hercules ate a giant crit to the face and folded on the first stage in fact.

Jeanne then slowly chipped away at the hands, eating a NP in the process because she couldn't kill anything fast enough by herself, barely getting into the third stage. (Her -NP gauge skill only works on servants, huh?) And then the third set of hands finished her off before she could kill even the second one.

I guess I'll have to wait until my entire team is higher lvl. Using all my exp. cards I can only get either Hercules or Waver to lvl 30, and I doubt that's enough to be worth the risk of nuking almost my entire AP gauge and getting nothing out of it.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jun 29, 2017

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Feed them to good CEs from the strengthening menu.

CEs can eat other CEs for xp. If they eat another copy of the same CE, their max level goes up. If they eat four other copies of the same CE, then their effect goes up.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yo aesthetic question do later servants look and move better than some earlier ones? Because I'm like halfway through Orleans and every Buster animation is the same.

Also the meme about Kojirou is fuckin' legit, this guy is carrying me all the way across the country.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

I've been using the lower tier ones as filler when I give my main party all the good ones that take huge chunks of capacity. At least 5% whatever is better than nothing.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Pierson posted:

Yo aesthetic question do later servants look and move better than some earlier ones? Because I'm like halfway through Orleans and every Buster animation is the same.

Here's what Cu looks like in the JP game right now.

Overall animation quality doesn't really start to shine until, you guessed it, Camelot. Until then things are pretty bland, with a few exceptions.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the animation at the start was very bland and samey, but after it started raking in money basically every new servant had unique animations, and they've gradually been going back through and upgrading old servants.

No clue where in the process the English client is. In any event, newer fancier servants will be newer and fancier.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Bakanogami posted:

newer fancier servants will be newer and fancier.

*Cleopatra styles onto the scene*

e: Got Agartha Caster and Assassin in one roll :toot:

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 29, 2017

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Sophism posted:

I'm having a hard time seeing how a lvl 50 Jeanne is able to solo the 40 AP daily. I guess I just suck?

I picked someone's 1st ascension lvl 52 Jeanne. My team (lvl 18 Hercules, lvl 19 Waver, backup lvl 15 Martha and backup lvl 11 Shielder.) still died early in the second stage despite using skills to try to keep them up. Hercules ate a giant crit to the face and folded on the first stage in fact.

Jeanne then slowly chipped away at the hands, eating a NP in the process because she couldn't kill anything fast enough by herself, barely getting into the third stage. (Her -NP gauge skill only works on servants, huh?) And then the third set of hands finished her off before she could kill even the second one.

I guess I'll have to wait until my entire team is higher lvl. Using all my exp. cards I can only get either Hercules or Waver to lvl 30, and I doubt that's enough to be worth the risk of nuking almost my entire AP gauge and getting nothing out of it.

There's some hyperbole but Jeanne does make it happen since she can eat a shitton of hits, block enemy charge attacks then regen. She still needs a bit of assistance for the first two waves. Mostly servants to sponge the damage. Throw in your mystic codes and Jeanne hardly goes down.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Am I right in saying that there won't be anything that drops Forbidden Pages until a future update? Seems like Hans is going to be stuck at 35 for a while.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

NRVNQSR posted:

Am I right in saying that there won't be anything that drops Forbidden Pages until a future update? Seems like Hans is going to be stuck at 35 for a while.

If it's the same dailies as the original release, yes, there are some materials that just do not actually exist.

e; Got the new Kiritsugu CE. Sounds like it increases debuff success rate against Casters (35% at base), in addition to invincibility penetration.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jun 29, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The game really needs to better explain how to set up your Support Servant. I'm getting no end of lvl 1 Mash friend requests.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My first week blunders that I really wish I had done better:

-Didn't realize I could roll my "own" 10 so soon, so I wasted a couple of hours going through the Prologue when I should've been rerolling.
-I admittedly had a Level 1 Mash support party for at least a day or two
-The dailies you want to do are the EMBER or red dailies, not anything else. Definitely wasted a bit of time yesterday with a few "oh these are 30 AP, I should do them!" and then got disappointed when all I got was QP at the end

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

You should do all the dailies at least once anyway so you can hoard summon tickets for when you really need them.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Kay Kessler posted:

You should do all the dailies at least once anyway so you can hoard summon tickets for when you really need them.

It's been pointed out a few times that grinding the 30AP daily is a much better way to get mana prisms than doing the lower level ones because you can sell 3* exp for prisms.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My current, tentative plan is to alternate between 30AP and Orleans (there are no more singularities available after that for now, right?) until I'm ready to ascend some of my 4/4/5* dudes, then grind the 30AP and hopefully 40AP eventually for prisms.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Septem is after Olreans, there are 3 singularities rn on release

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there a good write up on CE yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I saw somewhere that Altria sucks but no explanation as to why. She is my 5 star, and I'm rather fond of her from Stay Night, which is all I've seen of the series. I'm not going to reroll or anything because I have some 5 star equip stuff and I'm into Orleans too, I'm just curious why she isn't better regarded.