Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Varance posted:

So... the anniversary guaranteed 5* pull. Let's talk odds.

There are 23 possible 5*s from the pull. 22 if Tidus is excluded (unlikely).

Each characters has a ~4.35% chance of appearing as the rainbow special.

Characters by Tier:

~39.15% chance of a really good unit: Orlandeau, Noctis, Tidus, Olive, Fryevia, Aileen, Wilhelm, Rem or Reberta
~34.8% chance of a good unit: Marie, Fohlen, Trance Terra, Luneth, Dark Fina, Seabreeze Dark Fina, Emperor or Gilgamesh
~17.4% chance of getting a mediocre unit that has to be enhanced to be useful: Lightning, Queen, Ace or Ramza
~8.7% chance of getting a terrible unit with a good trust: Dark Knight Cecil or Delita

As someone who has both Dark Knight Cecil and Delita... that 8.7% feels more like a 99.9%

Adjusted for Gumi rates:
~30% chance of Lightning
~30% chance of Delita
~12% chance of DKC
~12% chance of Queen
~12% chance of Ace
~4% chance of anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
who is ready to outright quit if all their pulls are trash

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I just know that I'm going to get Lightning, as the absolute most worthless pull I could get.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cry Havoc posted:

I'm not sure how I would feel about a third Orlandeu, honestly. I can barely gear this second one up to decent usable levels.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I just want a Rikku, anything beyond that is gravy.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I don't know about quitting but after missing Tilith (or any BF character really) after ~40 pulls if my 10+1's are just TM fodder and I miss Rikku on her banner I'm going to be very cross with this game.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Freeing up slots

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cry Havoc posted:

i have barely been doing my daily quests lately and definitely not bothering to run my tm macro at all, if my pulls are total garbage i dont think i will quit but i believe that level of activity will drop to logging in for the daily reward.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

Not too worried about the 5* since I already got Dark Fina this month, but I'm gonna be really drat sad if I fail to get an on banner gold for a 4th banner in a row, this is getting ridiculous. I wont quit playing, but I will quit pulling after this banner.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I really want an Orlandu but with my pulling rate of getting 5* just at random I am resigned to my worst choice: Emperor

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
This is like Christmas, when you have a feeling you are about to come into an enormous pile of poo poo.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PWvA0-he6YG-5JWCvTIEHVR6pHPLMFVvxrQQpZsrSgM/edit?usp=drivesdk

Google docs spreadsheet for us to track our horrible pulls tomorrow.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Finally hit a perfect INT Maze run. Good thing I decided to talk to the moogle on the last screen! 7 gigantaurs, 2 snappers, and 2 burst pots (plus some star quartz) is a pretty good haul for 15 energy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm already there! Did a 500 Lapis pull just now cause the OP told me not to. :getin:

I got a swimsuit Lid...

Lid's purty. Congratz.

Hey Payback, that is one oldhome screen picture you got up in that OP.

I'd just like to say for newer players, take advantage of this excellent reroll opportunity during the Anniversary. It will make things easier, and eventually you will be powerful regardless, but why not have a great start, bourne upon the backs of your fellow Goons carrying you?

I am more optimistic than the average Goon, mind you.

hamsystem posted:

I just want a Rikku, anything beyond that is gravy.

This is a good attitude to have.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Cry Havoc posted:

dk cecil is gonna be a top tier finisher with his enhancements

Big damage, but requires a special setup that will detract from even bigger damage.

1) His big finisher attack takes 98% of his health if dual wielding.
2) If he doesn't have enough health to do the attack, he dies. 0 health, not 1.

In other words, he needs a heal both before and after his moves unless you're doing a singlehand Blade Mastery build, which largely takes away from his DPS. This means 2 healers, at which point bringing 2 DPS and 1 healer makes for bigger damage.

If you have characters like Noct, Tidus, TG Cid... he has no place in your party.

This is especially true in that even enhanced DK Cecil will start to get eclipsed by power creep units very soon. I speak of gold crystals, not rainbow ones. Ashe, Victoria, William, Zidane, Kuja, Agrias, etc. There are also a trio of guaranteed 5* pulls coming up in a few months, assuming we get with JP got for FF 30th Anniversary.

DK Cecil is definitely a trust and rust character. Send him on expeditions or something. :shrug:

Varance fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 29, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Varance posted:

Big damage, but requires a special setup that will detract from even bigger damage.

In other words, he needs a heal both before and after his moves unless you're doing a singlehand Blade Mastery build, which largely takes away from his DPS. This means 2 healers, at which point bringing 2 DPS and 1 healer makes for bigger damage.

If you have characters like Noct, Tidus, TG Cid... he has no place in your party.

This is especially true in that even enhanced DK Cecil will start to get eclipsed by power creep units very soon. I speak of gold crystals, not rainbow ones. Ashe, Victoria, William, Zidane, Kuja, Agrias, etc. There are also a trio of guaranteed 5* pulls coming up in a few months, assuming we get with JP got for FF 30th Anniversary.

DK Cecil is definitely worth it for his trust mastery, though. Definitely a trust and rust character.

Enhanced DK Cecil full heals after every turn. Literally heals 9999 + some spirit modifier. So you need him to only be full health before he attacks, not after. Also it means he can do amazing tanking strats.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Can anyone actually take advantage of the Curaja materia? It seems like anyone who would have the white magic ranks to use it would already have Curaja or an equivalent.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
What time does maintenance start again? I keep getting a Connection Error after finishing a story mission :(

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Can anyone actually take advantage of the Curaja materia? It seems like anyone who would have the white magic ranks to use it would already have Curaja or an equivalent.

Warrior of Light, in fact. Gains access to Level 6 White Magic with 6*, but only natively knows Cura.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Chasiu posted:

What time does maintenance start again? I keep getting a Connection Error after finishing a story mission :(

Supposed to start at 11 Pacific, but servers apparently exploded, everyone's getting the connection error. I was hoping to get two more Brave Frontier runs in, alas.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We deserve at least a free 11 pull for this travesty.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Yeah I was just about to post about this

Servers dead or something? Cause got nothing but connection errors.

Glad its just not me.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dana Crysalis posted:

Enhanced DK Cecil full heals after every turn. Literally heals 9999 + some spirit modifier. So you need him to only be full health before he attacks, not after. Also it means he can do amazing tanking strats.

If you awaken his Soul Eater to +2, it's 120% of health, so he will suicide automatically if you dual wield. He has to remain alive for that heal to proc.

His awakening is also a huge investment. 50 38 25 12 4 in power crysts for Soul Eater and 38 20 13 3 1 in support crysts for Skikkoku, unless Alim feels the need to give us a discount.

There are better uses for that many crysts. If you want to do it, by all means, but there are other finishers that hit just as hard without requiring this much setup.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They've discounted better abilities in the past so I doubt it'll stay at the same costs.

Also damnit Gumi I had full NRG and Arena orbs just for my commute. I demand... Compensation. How about another 10+1 ticket?
The FFBE twitter has taken notice and apparently pushed the issue at least.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Supposed to start at 11 Pacific, but servers apparently exploded, everyone's getting the connection error. I was hoping to get two more Brave Frontier runs in, alas.

I'm just under 160k ore so I'll likely not be able to hit 160k to get 2 purecrysts. What 1 purecryst and 2 giancrysts are worth getting?

Comedy option: Spend all 150k+ on evo materials. :v:

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Shoenin posted:

Yeah I was just about to post about this

Servers dead or something? Cause got nothing but connection errors.

yea servers seem to be down. Getting connection errors, but not the usual patch errors.

What's the chance that Gumi just trolled us and cancelled Global FF Exvius just so we wouldn't get WoL 6*

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Varance posted:

DK Cecil is definitely a trust and rust character. Send him on expeditions or something. :shrug:

Kuja and Zidane? Really?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm just under 160k ore so I'll likely not be able to hit 160k to get 2 purecrysts. What 1 purecryst and 2 giancrysts are worth getting?

Comedy option: Spend all 150k+ on evo materials. :v:

You say that but this event was so generous I just tried to get as close to 199 of all 6* materials as possible. Except Divine Crystals, those things are stupidly underused and never require more than 5 at a time.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tagichatn posted:

Kuja and Zidane? Really?

Their 6* forms are no joke. Zidane steals stats/HP/MP and Free Energy has a high multiplier. Kuja gets Flare Star, Holy and can offheal.

New event in Japan is FF12, which is not a surprise. Vayne, Gabranth, Basch and... Judge Drace. Larsa is the fodder unit.

Varance fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 29, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
They made Larsa the Fodder unit?

Thats such bullshit

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

Since he drains his own hp below 50% you can put demonic life on him and he'll self buff every attack.
You can also have him use soul eater+2 where he proceeds to do a 750% attack with -100% dark resist, which is insane with dual weild...especially since it kills him with 120% self damage :v:
So the best dumb strat is to have rikku cast autolife on him and watch him proceed to murder himself in the name of high damage every turn. This game has a bunch of really stupid strats you can do and I love it.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Makes Sense
DK Cecil's character was basically he hated himself

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It was confirmed that the last hour of connection errors was pre-maintenance emergency maintenance so that's that I guess.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am feeling one of those classic 14 hour maintenances coming on

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HGH posted:

It was confirmed that the last hour of connection errors was pre-maintenance emergency maintenance so that's that I guess.

Lol here we go again. 20 hours is the record.

:munch:

The guaranteed 5* eleven pull is giving everybody Orlandu?! SHUT IT DOWN NOW!!!!

Edit: Sneak peek is up if your impatient.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6k6ohe/gl_maint_quick_peek_629/

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Lol at the Producer's Jacket giving Escape. Although apparently it used to be 20% Draw Attacks which is just as funny.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

HGH posted:

Lol at the Producer's Jacket giving Escape. Although apparently it used to be 20% Draw Attacks which is just as funny.

It stacked with other Draw Attack passives

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Doesn't the X banner go live on Friday? If so, I'm waiting for Tidus to be in the pool.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

BDawg posted:

Doesn't the X banner go live on Friday? If so, I'm waiting for Tidus to be in the pool.

Normally yes, but I think this banner is an exception. I think the Brave Frontier banner had 00:59 6/29 listed as the end time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

BDawg posted:

Same. I don't even really want tidus.

• Locked thread