Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Pogo reigns in hell while Satan is in the emergency room getting his guts re-inserted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

RealFoxy posted:

I don't know if Mr Pogo was an effective heel or just a lazy piece of poo poo because he rarely took bumps and usually had the grossest spots on everyone else

Yeah mr pogo ruled.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SLUM KING posted:

Jumbo was waiting at those pearly gates; he's gonna be the one doing the hazing now.

Does this mean PSP is gonna have a Mr Pogo night.

If I'm not busy on Sunday night, yeah.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Should I watch DragonGate? If so, what's a good jumping on point? Start of this year?

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

You should absolutely jump onto Dragon Gate; it's rad. Things are a bit slow right now, but we're less than a month away from Kobe World, DG's biggest show of the year, so that's as good a place as any to jump on. If you want to watch something recent, Dead or Alive 2017 was about a month ago, and is probably as good a place as any to start, since there's not too much plot going on at that point, and it sets up the main faction feud going into Kobe World. We've got a DG thread here, though it hasn't been used in a little while: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762744

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Thanks! Does anyone post translations like Chris Charlton does for NJPW?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

EdsTeioh posted:

Thanks! Does anyone post translations like Chris Charlton does for NJPW?

I'm off DG for now so idk if anybody is doing it live but Jae explains every angle in the results over at http://www.iheartdg.com/

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

EdsTeioh posted:

Should I watch DragonGate? If so, what's a good jumping on point? Start of this year?

DG is a pretty easy promotion to keep up with, because they only have about 4-5 shows each month that make tape/ppvs sporadically. I agree with starting at 5/5 DOA as it lead right into their King of Gate Tournament that's leading into their biggest show of the year, Kobe World. Things are starting to heat up as there are two big shows next week (one taped, one live) and the King of Gate finals aired in Japan yesterday so it'd be hitting the internet in the next few days.

Like Oat said, Jae's kind of the Chris Charlton of DG. He does all their English social media and has his fan site that he's run since 1999. His company twitter is @dragongateen and his personal @dg_jae is good if you have particular questions. I'm also on twitter at @fujiiheya, so if you have any questions you can hit me up there

I also do coverage of DG for Voices of Wrestling, including a somewhat monthly podcast. I would say listen to our most recent episode, but we spent it ripping into why long time fans didn't like the booking of King of Gate. The match quality is still relatively high (I've got 6 4 star or better matches since the start of May) even with my disdain for King of Gate, so don't let our apathy discourage you! The links for DG coverage at VOW are:

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/category/vow-latest/previews/dragon-gate/
http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/category/vow-latest/reviews/puroresu/dragon-gate-puroresu/
http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/category/vow-latest/podcast/open-the-voice-gate/

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Woah, lots of DG support out there! I'm gonna start on 5.5 now! Thanks guys!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I just watched the King of DDT Finals. It was my first DDT experience and it was great. Can someone explain what the little shield things are and the purpose they serve?

Keisuke Ishii seemed to take a red one from Sasaki, then Mike Bailey came out with a green one.

Also, throw the best shows/matches from like the last year at me.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thrifting Day! posted:

I just watched the King of DDT Finals. It was my first DDT experience and it was great. Can someone explain what the little shield things are and the purpose they serve?

Keisuke Ishii seemed to take a red one from Sasaki, then Mike Bailey came out with a green one.

Also, throw the best shows/matches from like the last year at me.

they're money in the bank??

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
For everyone here but especially Ditch:

http://twitter.com/atomic_elbow/status/880074935510724612

http://twitter.com/atomic_elbow/status/881166465856139265

http://theatomicelbow.bigcartel.com/product/jumbo-fan-club-t-shirt

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That's about as quickly I've ever spent $17.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I saw Robert tweeting at Yuji Tsuruta a few weeks ago so I actually think this legit has his blessing as well.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I haven't watched All Japan for over a year but need my Zeus fix.

Where can I go to watch recent All Japan stuff. It seems really hard to find for some reason.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I haven't watched All Japan for over a year but need my Zeus fix.

Where can I go to watch recent All Japan stuff. It seems really hard to find for some reason.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B5rK95X3mRiiSDNvTnQ0aUhWODg

You're looking for the Real Hero Archive. People are maintaining a "Puro Network" of all televised shows not on streaming services. It's fairly extensive and filled with lots of other promotions as well. The All Japan section has pretty much everything from 2015 to current and tons of stuff from before.

Edit:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bwpbsa8C2iSmZXJuaE44bm40eHc

Here's a fairly extensive All Japan archive from the same guys for the older stuff from the very beginning of the promotion in the 1950s to 2000 for those here that don't know.

Keep it hush-hush though. We don't want it to get Copyright Killed.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 15, 2017

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
That's perfect. Thank you.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
AJPW Sumo Hall main events

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/887261012717584384

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

For those that don't know, NicoPro now have a pay YouTube channel which streams full shows. All for around £3.20 per month which is like $4.

Promotions include:

AJPW
NOAH
KAIENTAI Dojo
BJW
Wrestle-1
Dove Pro
FREEDOMS

And more.

https://t.co/Bl7DJF1jhF?amp=1

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
https://twitter.com/411mania/status/893189571365584896

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

too bad they can't get that 90s era stuff. I don't even think this iteration of AJPW has ownership of that stuff.

Misawa with knees was a helluva thing.

coconono fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 4, 2017

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

coconono posted:

too bad they can't get that 90s era stuff. I don't even think this iteration of AJPW has ownership of that stuff.

Misawa with knees was a helluva thing.

i don't think they do. since mutoh left, it's a brand new company. i'm probably wrong, but i think the rights stay on the network they were on that went with misawa to noah? that's at least the case with other promotions, they don't own the rights but the station does.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

i don't think they do. since mutoh left, it's a brand new company. i'm probably wrong, but i think the rights stay on the network they were on that went with misawa to noah? that's at least the case with other promotions, they don't own the rights but the station does.

Correct. I'd heard some rumblings someone tried to get the library from the station(Nippon?) but it never panned out.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

So will this effect RHA in terms of not keeping on new AJPW or just the events FITE shows vs TV on GAORA like B-Banquet.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So will this effect RHA in terms of not keeping on new AJPW or just the events FITE shows vs TV on GAORA like B-Banquet.

if the first event they have on there (2017/01/03) is anything to go by it's old GAORA tapings so at worst i imagine they'll take the specific shows that get put up off the archive

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Takayama paralyzed from neck down after a bad DDT
https://twitter.com/kakutolog/status/894206381024133120

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Actually if that's the same spot I remember, he was paralyzed in DDT. The promotion.

In May he had a match with Yasu Urano and landed badly attempting a sunset flip. He was stretchered out and the match was stopped because he wasn't moving, though conscious and responsive

Horrible situation

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I guess he should have gotten the message after his stroke :smith:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I gotta say, one of my favorite things about DDT is the concept of the General Election, where the winner gets a whack of cash and a title shot, and everybody else has to be voted onto the card.

That'd be a disaster for WWE, I think. Unless you count Cyber Sunday.

Also

quote:

FUMA will be part of a pro wrestling and heavy metal event in Shin-Kiba on 9th December. For the wrestling portion of the show FUMA will take on Jun Kasai. The rock bands performing on the show include Thorn, Hell Dump, Nihonto (Ricky Fuji’s band) and Hammerhead.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 8, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I gotta say, one of my favorite things about DDT is the concept of the General Election, where the winner gets a whack of cash and a title shot, and everybody else has to be voted onto the card.

It may be well known but that's a parody of idol/boy band and girl group stuff. AKB has the same sort of nonsense. I'd imagine this is the same case.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AJPW Card for their Sunday 2AM EST on NicoNico:

No. 0 game ※ 14: 30 scheduled to start
Yusuke Okada
vs
Keiichi Sato

No. 0 game 
opening act
- Actress Girl provides game-
Saori Anno, Manki Natsumi
vs
Tae Honma, Miyuki Takase

Tag Match
Yohei Nakajima, Fuminori Abe
vs
Takuya Nomura, Aoki Yuya

Lands End vs multi nationality alliance 
6 Man tag Team match
Choi Ryoni, Hatahioko, Ishikiri
vs
Sam Adonis, Massimo, Danny Jones

Osumi Kogyo presents
Wrestling founding 45 anniversary
tag match
Dory Funk · Jr., Hiro Saito
vs
Masanobu Fuchi, Great Kabuki

! BANG TV World Heavyweight Championship game
battle royal
【third generation! BANG! TV world heavyweight champion】
Osamu Nishimura
【Challenger】
Tadashi Sano
Yutaka Yoshie
Abdullah Kobayashi
immobility Rikiya
Kazuhiro Tamura
Reiparoma
Kaberu Ito
Atsushi Maruyama
AiSawa No.1
Dinosaur Takuma
Yoshino Oshio
Shinose thirty-seven
Shodai Nakagawa
Takizawa AkiraYoriyuki
Great Fawn

single match
Místico
vs
El Diamante

Asia Tag Team Title match
- the first 101 generations champion set]
Atsushi Aoki, Hikaru Sato
vs
[challenger set]
TAKA Michinoku, black Tiger ⅶ

Wrestling
founding 45 anniversary special game
Yuba Aoyagi
vs
Taichi

Wrestling
Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori, Iwamoto煌史, Minoru Tanaka
vs
Zeus, Joe Dorring, Bodygar, Suzuki Kotaro

World Junior Heavyweight Championship bout
[44th champion]
TAJIRI
vs
[challenger]
Ultimo Dragon

World Tag Team Championship finals
Tadashiya Nomura, KAI
vs
Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi

Wrestling
Suwa Magic
vs
Satoshi Kojima

Triple Crown Heavyweight championship match
【The 56th Champion】
Shuji Ishikawa
vs
【Challenger】
Kento Miyahara

coconono fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 22, 2017

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I haven't seen a Nishimura match in like a decade. That guy was pretty great. I can't even fathom him sharing the ring with Abdullah Kobayashi. I know nothing about modern AJPW at all--what is the BANG! TV title?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Skjorte posted:

I haven't seen a Nishimura match in like a decade. That guy was pretty great. I can't even fathom him sharing the ring with Abdullah Kobayashi. I know nothing about modern AJPW at all--what is the BANG! TV title?

It's comparable to New Japan's NEVER title in terms of importance. Maybe not as much.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Is the champ cool like Suzuki? I haven't heard of Nishimura but know a lot of other names on that card

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Is the champ cool like Suzuki? I haven't heard of Nishimura but know a lot of other names on that card

He has a "thinks he's cool dad" vibe. But he's not terrible at all.

E:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
very fun show. suwama/kojima was a fiasco that reeked of njpw pulling some political bullshit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

How do I watch the rest of this show? I thought it was gonna get uploaded to Nico's Youtube but instead I get the lonely guy running down the highlights of the card for 2 hours.

drat you Nico Nico!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
it's on the realhero archive now

Giant Murderbaby
Dec 16, 2012
Any thoughts on the new GHC champion being Eddie Edwards ?

Remember when NOAH was the hottest poo poo ever in the 2000s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NOAH's always been a really bitchin sand castle