Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

Somberbrero posted:

I gotta cover for a sick dork at work, roles will go out by 9:40pm cst tonight and the game will start shortly after. Sorry for the inconvenience!

i will strictly adhere to the rng thank you very much :colbert:

ah man i hate vt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Dhaes posted:

ah man i hate vt

Everyone else at the party is happy with vanilla but let me see if Timmy's mom has some chocolate town just for you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
roles have been assigned, proofing and then sending them out.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

areyoucontagious posted:

Everyone else at the party is happy with vanilla but let me see if Timmy's mom has some chocolate town just for you.

gently caress you talking about bitch i just fuckin hate vermont :slick:

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Dhaes posted:

gently caress you talking about bitch i just fuckin hate vermont :slick:

My bad yo. I loving hate Vermont too :respek:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
everything is out, let me know if i hosed up. feel free to start playing, game starts now. i'll do a proper introduction once i've taken care of all the housekeeping stuff. thanks for your patience!

edit: deadline is going to be awkward no matter what but hit me up if you have suggestions on that.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 29, 2017

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
My role PM is very long so instead of reading it I'mma :justpost:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

You hosed up by letting my dumb rear end into this game

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

BottleKnight posted:

You hosed up by letting my dumb rear end into this game

then lets fix that

##vote bottleknight

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

confirming that i am vanilla town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I love Vermont, what is wrong with you people

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Vermont is the US state I've been in that I spent the least amount of time, fun fact. Something like 15s.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

Vermont is the US state I've been in that I spent the least amount of time, fun fact. Something like 15s.

I bet it was glorious for those 15 seconds though

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

eh

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
The only good thing too come out of Vermont is it's current senator

Everything else can go right to hell

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I agree, Patrick Leahy is pretty great.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

too bad about the white supremacist though

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Pinterest Mom posted:

I agree, Patrick Leahy is pretty great.

I was talking about Isaac Tichenor

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

areyoucontagious posted:

I was talking about Isaac Tichenor

Also I'm roleplaying like I'm from the 1790s

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cool flavor gonna really enjoy this

##vote mom

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I took the greyhound to Boston once and it went through Vermont. We stopped in Montpelier.

It seemed very pretty and where we stopped smelled heavily of wood, which is a smell I enjoy.

I liked it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

too bad about the white supremacist though

who's your commanding officer, sir?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Oregon has some awesome wood smells. You travel through a forest there and it smells loving awesome. A couple years back my wife and I took a drive up 101 during a rainstorm and it was incredible, it's one of the reasons we moved here.

Can't compare it to Vermont, of course, because thankfully I've only flown over it. People I've met from Vermont have completely solidified this opinion, not even poo poo posting right now. Charlie, this one grad student I worked with, was the biggest combination misogynist / know it all I've ever met so yeah, gently caress him and Vermont

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

who's your commanding officer, sir?

?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Dhaes posted:

then lets fix that

##vote bottleknight

Yeah, I'm down.

##vote bottleknight

Great role stuff. I'll try to respond not terribly when I've got more time, but this looks like some interesting times.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Added Space posted:

Yeah, I'm down.

##vote bottleknight

Great role stuff. I'll try to respond not terribly when I've got more time, but this looks like some interesting times.

Scum found

##vote added space

Not kidding

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Who knows, he might be a PGO

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Barry had been planning this heist for years, ever since he found out how much the Saint Dominic's Cathedral black tie benefit usually took in.

It was the plan everyone was most familiar with, Barry couldn't help himself from sharing the idea if he knew you well enough. What's more, is that it was a well known fact that the Vargas stored a significant portion of their slush fund at Saint Dominic's. Some theorized it was for a little extra protection from demons, but who knows. It was also well known that while demons could walk on church ground, they generally considered it impolite.

What Barry thought, is that where else would Father Grant put his money than where it was safest? That is, with the Vargas family's own stash. While Father Grant was making the deposit, most of the Vargas crew would be working the event itself, with several members being alumni, they would want some extra protection. It made this the perfect opportunity to get both scores in one go.

The Outfit presumed that with the death of their leader, this independent crew would fall apart without any further action necessary. In this, the Outfit underestimated the scope of their ambitions, and their tolerance for bloodshed. At Portshead, several miles out of town, they met weeks before to go over the plans. It was still warm, almost even temperate. That would all change before long.

It would be the last time all thirteen of them sat down together.

DAY ONE BEGINS!

Votecount for Day 1

BottleKnight (2): Dhaes, Added Space
Pinterest Mom (1): gif Probst
Added Space (1): BottleKnight

Not Voting (9): areyoucontagious, Asiina, Captain Foo, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Pinterest Mom, Retro Futurist, Yorkshire Tea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 4 days, 20 hours.

This is a huge window for a deadline, make sure you have ten posts in by the end of day one. It''ll be More Fun™. Hit me up if you have any questions about your role. Have fun nerds!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/IkoidwsLXCg

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

so yeah i probably won't be able to make that deadline but i'll be able to post a lot anyway so w/e

holiday weekends are tough

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

also, hi everyone i hope u are ready for a fun game of mafia that certainly won't be detrimental to anyone's mental health!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The second vote was the scum me-too vote tia

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

are u trying to get me to 3rd-vote in before everyone has even confirmed

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

are u trying to get me to 3rd-vote in before everyone has even confirmed

we should turbo bk

##vote BK

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

turboing exakt would be a lot better if we're gonna turbo someone, but a day 1 turbo isn't really a good idea imo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

turboing exakt would be a lot better if we're gonna turbo someone, but a day 1 turbo isn't really a good idea imo

agreed on the first part, heck no on the second part

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I roam around around around around

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I know it's a faux pas to talk about other games, but I joined this because I was certain I was going to die in FF mafia.

Yay!

I'm going to have to find a way to jot down roles in two games at once now without going insane!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Actually I'm really good at mafia foo and I found the scum so don't be condescending thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

BottleKnight posted:

Actually I'm really good at mafia foo and I found the scum so don't be condescending thanks

I didn't vote you because I'm scum. I voted for you because you announced to intended to be annoying and low effort, and that interferes with scum hunting. So you're either a distraction or a liability.

I'm happy to change my vote if you change your mind.

• Locked thread